test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160512.11 - Bug Fixes

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    gradii wrote: »
    Lanterns? and why male only? (also glad I never really used demolish much)

well, male pattern blinness. It's to allow them to see the dirty dishes before they evolve into intelligent life. :)​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User

xrazamax said:

Stuff

Things

Oh no, you have to get to level 8 to get Enrage instead of taking it before you leave the Powerhouse. Oh the horror. Oh the humanity. Someone think of the children.

Forms are being standardized. Standardizing the tier of forms is just as valid as standardizing duration.
    How about providing a well thought out counter argument (if you even have one). ;)

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    gradii said:

Lanterns? and why male only? (also glad I never really used demolish much)

If you have paid attention to the PTS in recent months, you'd notice that they have frequently released a new costume half done and for one gender only at first. Chances are high that the next patch or so will include lanterns for females.

• celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I wouldn't fret too hard on the demolish costs. It used to be arse to use when I was levelling my brute. But now that I'm at level and have decent enough gear it's useable on live with full charges. Of course now it's on test the cost is being offset by the fact that it procs knock, so it that means it procs enrage, which means it procs that enrage energy return, so you get some of your investment back in fact in my case I get more then half of what I spend back if it procs enrage.

Also its now a knock that doesn't send things across county lines. I'm not saying knocking things across county lines is inherently bad, it has its uses. But sometimes you're wailing on a single target, you want you proc your rage to keep it brewing, you don't want to chase it after a knock, and so you end up flailing iron cyclone which doesn't really flow naturally with the rest of the combo. Uppercut can do the trick, but now you got something up in the air and that might get in the way of an immediate followup, also that's a power I wasn't able to fit in my build. Or you can just smack it with demolish now. I was seriously considering respeccing to get uppercut into my brute for the longest time purely for enrage proc purposes, but with this change that's no longer a consideration. I can now use demolish.

Also, never call a resistance debuff worthless. They are POWERFUL. I know I said I lost an awesome debuff in initial comments but it's still a good debuff.

Most damage bonuses are additive. So, when your power card says that one stack of enrage is giving you a 12% damage bonus, that 12% is being added against your miscellaneous other damage bonuses. So toggling on my fury and getting one stack of enrage increases the damage of all my powers by a 5.47% when all's said and done. That's significantly less then 12%.

If I smack a regular test dummy with demolish, and then smack it again with demolish my damage against it goes up by a solid 18%. Now I've heard damage against cosmics is at diminishing returns, but based on some rough testing, a generic resistance debuff that gave me 15% resistance reduction on a test dummy was giving me about 11% resistance reduction on a teliosaur before it melted me into a puddle of caustic fluids, my math might be off, but the damage boosts there are very real, even when resisted. Demolish is only going to be more effective then that... so long as people match your damage type.

Bear in mind this is a multiplier being multiplied against all your other multipliers instead of just being added in. ALSO it's a multiplier that's being multiplied against the entire bulk of your team using the same damage types. Factor in all that extra damage and that debuff you dropped might be the most damaging thing you've done to the boss (not that it counts towards your final score, but usually the swag I'm after is rank agnostic).

This is why on support characters I love to stack up those -res on control specializations and spam controls on the boss. Sure, I'm not getting any control off of my controller, but at least I'm slathering damage debuffs on the boss like a mofo that the entire team can capitalize off of. I'm making that min-max eye-bleed WTF damage character at the raid do their job better, and that makes it worth the while.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yeah, if there is one positive thing w/ the Demolish change is that you have another charged Might attack that does strong ST dps but doesn't send enemies flying everywhere, and while still stacking Enrage w/ the adv. (for comparison, R2 + BtB Demolish is ~475 base dps before adding its debuff, R3 Haymaker is ~525 before the KI bonus, Uppercut is ~340 before the KI bonus).

Where Haymaker is the 'boss killer', Demolish is more like the 'tough hench killer'.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

xrazamax said:

Stuff

Things

Oh no, you have to get to level 8 to get Enrage instead of taking it before you leave the Powerhouse. Oh the horror. Oh the humanity. Someone think of the children.

Level requirement isn't what matters, it is the disparity between Enrage and other forms. If standardizing and bringing powers "into line" with other powers is the goal, then this should be addressed. That simple.

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User

Forms are being standardized. Standardizing the tier of forms is just as valid as standardizing duration.
    How about providing a well thought out counter argument (if you even have one). ;)

Ranged Privilege.

• friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    I've never cared for Demolish, seen someone use it on LIVE enough to know that it's useless to me and I don't bothered with powers that get changed so much that it strips builds apart (which from the next couple of months down the line) as that seems to be the general consensuses with things these days.

Honestly, from the time of all these changes, not once has anyone thought the retconning systems also to be changed as well. Though I'm sure eventually we'll all get our signature over-react down, okay?

Since the forums are usually divided by people that play the game vs those that linger on the forums.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BUG: Elysium Guard Perk
    Completing the Perk gives the Colossal Menace Title and not the Elysium Guard title!
    The Colossal Menace is a complety different perk which requires you to defeat 25 event Colossi
    Elysium Guard requires you to finish 25 event daily missions

SPHaZz0.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    So is everyone gonna ignore that the "lantern" looks just like a staff? ...Is this a teaser for a staff set?
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    gradii said:

So is everyone gonna ignore that the "lantern" looks just like a staff? ...Is this a teaser for a staff set?

I doubt it since it's male only.
    That may be so, but what the notes say are "Currently Male Only." To me that seems like a status very likely to change.

That being said, it is a rather nice costume bit. I would like to see some more glow options added for the various lantern choices. The paper lanterns should be able to glow all over.

Edit: I would say, it'd be quite awesome to get a few of these staff weapons as skins for the heavy weapon set. Seems like a pretty easy thing to set up.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

gradii said:

I doubt it since it's male only.
    That may be so, but what the notes say are "Currently Male Only." To me that seems like a status very likely to change.

That being said, it is a rather nice costume bit. I would like to see some more glow options added for the various lantern choices. The paper lanterns should be able to glow all over.

Edit: I would say, it'd be quite awesome to get a few of these staff weapons as skins for the heavy weapon set. Seems like a pretty easy thing to set up.

I doubt it's going to stay "male only" as well. More than likely they ran into some issue and are holding off until they can get it for both gender models.

Can someone post pics, I'm not gold anymore so I can't view it.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Here are the lanterns in their current form:

There are three lantern back pieces and four optional attachments. All pieces come in cloth, leather and metal. The glass panes (and rope, in this build) of attachment 2 have a glow channel.

I feel like the yellow bit should all be glowy on 1,3, and 4. Lousy lanterns otherwise :P
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Wow that really does scream staff fighting doesn't it?
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Not even a little

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Wow that really does scream staff fighting doesn't it?

Because people fight with lanterns on staffs all the time...
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    CONCERN:

Regarding the recent changes to Qwyjibo, there is a concern that after his push-back aoe he is immediately shooting random death fireballs at people due to the tank getting pushed out of range by the aoe. Could there be some sort of "grace period" of a few seconds put in after Qwyjibo detects that his current target is out of melee range before the random death fireballs start flying?
  • celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

CONCERN:

Regarding the recent changes to Qwyjibo...

Dat death monkey and those death puddles is all I'll say, at least here, need like, though we should probably get a proper thread for talking about flaming death monkeys.
    edited May 2016
    finally got something apart from Dark essense and it is... NO idea, what it's supposed to do.
    Timer has run out, when you get it.
    no escription
    can't put it in the device tray.
    Is this the rare reward?
    BUGgot another fragment. reward circle said dark essence, i got another dud fragment
    dud%20reward_zpsip29btco.png​​
    Post edited by chaelk on

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I wonder how we are going to get those Lanterns when the costume piece goes live? And it would be nice if this was a hint to a staff/pole arm fighting powerset.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    8fXsKki.jpg?1

There are three lantern back pieces and four optional attachments. All pieces come in cloth, leather and metal. The glass panes (and rope, in this build) of attachment 2 have a glow channel.
    Incredible, those are pretty Lanterns, thats some Quality put on it, something which i never expected to see in CO
    They would be great addition for my Monkey character's Sun Wukong coslplay​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Yep, my avatar of the monkey king is definitely getting a lantern.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    Sooo anyone else have thoughts on Enrage/AotB's tier remaining where they are despite the duration being dropped to match the other offense forms?

Sooo anyone else have thoughts on Enrage/AotB's tier remaining where they are despite the duration being dropped to match the other offense forms?

Maybe once Strength Primary is nerfed they'll drop the tier of the form that goes with it.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Maybe once Strength Primary is nerfed

What, Hope you're not serious, from what I hear it suffers from a soft cap on raw stats (FF I assume, not so much AT?) and with Diminishing returns, why would you or more specifically, how would you 'adjust' it? not to mention Melee already have a hard time as is.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    rtma said:

spinnytop said:

Maybe once Strength Primary is nerfed

What, Hope you're not serious, from what I hear it suffers from a soft cap on raw stats (FF I assume, not so much AT?) and with Diminishing returns, why would you or more specifically, how would you 'adjust' it? not to mention Melee already have a hard time as is.
    Prob referring to Juggernaut's scaling, if I had to guess the point of contention.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Just a thought,

All of our form toggle stacks disappear in under 20sec, right? Why not make it that every 20secs, we lose 1 stack instead of all of them?

That seems manageable.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    I'd be okay with lowering tier requirements with forms. Passives and blocks are both universal. I don't see why forms would be any different.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Just a thought,

All of our form toggle stacks disappear in under 20sec, right? Why not make it that every 20secs, we lose 1 stack instead of all of them?

That seems manageable.

But they just made it clear that they want you to lose your stacks if you don't do a thing for 20 seconds, why would they then change it so that you instead only lose all your stacks after not doing a thing for 2 minutes and 40 seconds, that is 2 minutes and 20 seconds longer than the amount of time they want.

Me I would rather the whole thing was made faster. You lose 1 stack every 3 seconds, but the cooldown for being able to gain stacks is lowered to 1 second, so you can rapidly get to full speed, but holding back starts rapidly dropping you.
    Enrage is a 3/4 power, you can get it at 14. Going on the comments in the other thread. That's not suitable because some people don't want to take any powers that they don't want to.
    you get an argument from people who are using 1 power, which has an approx 10CD, for collecting stacks of enraged. they would have to <shock horror> change their build. actually i think that's the same one, who commented about not wanting to take useless abilities.​​

chaelk said:

Enrage is a 3/4 power, you can get it at 14.

Wrong, you can get it at 8.

Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Defensive Combo/Roomsweeper
    Level 6: Defiant/Unstoppable
    Level 8: Enrage

Simply because The Behemoth gets Enrage at 14 doesn't mean that Freeforms don't get it at 8.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    <font color="red">Bug:</font>
    Something isn't working well with some of these "block or you'll get a DoT" effects when you have LR slotted.
    I can block the stun attack from the colossus, but I still get a DoT that ticks for 2k.
    The same happens for one of the DoTs from Teleiosaurus.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User

chaelk said:

Simply because The Behemoth gets Enrage at 14 doesn't mean that Freeforms don't get it at 8.
    Those choices require that you take early tier Might powers that are less than optimal (Teams hate roomsweeper simply because it sends everything away) and implies that every might build should strictly use a might passive.

It's simple logic to assume that Enraged/AotB should be in the same tier as Focus or concentration forms being that enrage forms recently lost their high duration, which I feel justified the higher tier of the powers.
    Being Con primary isn't bad as it's doin' what it's meant to be, Sustain and tank! Every crit is up to 2% of your health! (oddly i think it has a cooldown within that spec.) Then Resolute, and Endorphin rush with Enrage, with Protector mastery? It's doing what it's meant to, be durable and sustainable.

In my honest opinion.
    why is the soul vortex for the void at light blue. Not that I mind, it means it doesnt make it completely hide the target.​​

assuming you only get in area abilities.​​

• jadejade3jadejade3 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    on enrage and other forms as well, I'd much rather prefer the stacks don't wipe down to 0 as chaos mentioned, but stay minimum at the rank of the form - which I actually expected to be the case when I started the game new. R3 enrage = never lower than 3 stacks. Sounds quite reasonable to me, makes spending advantage points worth much more.
    On juggernaut, it'd be preferable for constitution primary to actually give some resistance, over the hollow hp it currently gives. I never really wanted to take str prim, but con is a bit too weak. You can have more resistance, as well as 1.5k-2.5k hp with str prim, which is supposedly a damage stat. Instead of the paltry(yes) 20% def from gear, give con prim minimum 20% flat resistance, or 15-20% flat resist from the con mastery. That way it won't further boost wardicator(oops?) either. Even ego's force of will spec gives a stronger boost to resistance than con, which is quite confusing.
    2% heal per crit is fine for mobs, but is as good as non-existant when you are tanking something which a dps can't take a few hits from. Same goes for vindicator's 15% heal for killing an enemy, awesome for mobs, 0 for bosses. The overall extra resistance from str/ego prim over con prim goes both ways, though less mobs and more bosses(where it matters).
    Post edited by jadejade3 on
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    jadejade3 wrote: »
    on enrage and other forms as well, I'd much rather prefer the stacks don't wipe down to 0 as chaos mentioned, but stay minimum at the rank of the form - which I actually expected to be the case when I started the game new. R3 enrage = never lower than 3 stacks. Sounds quite reasonable to me, makes spending advantage points worth much more.

It used to be this way. But when they fixed an Enrage exploit it broke all Forms.​​
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

I think it's just me being a defensive nut, But I don't see anything wrong with Behemoth. Except for when choosing between powers maybe.
    Being Con primary isn't bad as it's doin' what it's meant to be, Sustain and tank! Every crit is up to 2% of your health! (oddly i think it has a cooldown within that spec.) Then Resolute, and Endorphin rush with Enrage, with Protector mastery? It's doing what it's meant to, be durable and sustainable.

In my honest opinion.

Look, the con specs are a complete waste of time for Behemoths

Unyielding - You have an AO, and the spec isn't noticeable on z-mashing performance.
    Fuel My Fire - You have defiance and you're a tank, and the spec energy return is miniscule with an internal cd. Won't even notice you have this.
    Tough - I mean, you'll take it, because it actually does something unlike most of the con specs, but you'll barely notice. And strength has Swole which is pretty much strictly better at generating hp.
    Resilient - dwarfed by having a Strength SS. Also statistically indistinguishable from not having it.

Deflection - you don't have dex
    Quick Healing - completely useless
    Adrenaline Rush - you don't have dex, and you have better things to do than slot crit mods because you also won't get much in the way of crit severity. Better off slotting offense or growth. It'll be incredibly minor next to Endorphin Rush. (My ice tank needs to pop Ego Surge w/ adv to get noticeable healing out of this, and is otherwise specced in a way that makes crit more worth investing in on gear).
    Armored - Actually useful, but it's also available lots of places. Like your other two spec trees.

In other words, Con isn't giving you anything you care about for specs at all.

Strength, on the other hand, would give you lots of things you care about. Like reduced energy costs on melee (an even bigger deal for tanks, who take an energy hit), crit chance/severity (enough to turn the investment curve on crit rating around to viable) and so forth.

I'm not saying their other specs should change. But they really should be strength primary, as should all melee defiance tanks. Con primary only makes sense for LR builds and ranged tanks (and i'm not particularly convinced on the latter), because at least you can make an argument for Resilient being worthwhile at that point. And if you have a Dex SS, Adrenaline Rush becomes much more valuable, and makes Deflection useable. But Behemoths don't do any of these things. Can we at least make ATs not be pants-on-head-stupid in how they're put together?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Just looking at that I can already see that the staff will clip right through the right arm when the toon is standing still using the heroic pose.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    The 20sec "enrage nerf" is already in live... 20sec enrage is BS honestly that's really need a re-think because poor melee XD

Can we at least make ATs not be pants-on-head-stupid in how they're put together?

*Looks at The Automaton* Nope.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2016

The 20sec "enrage nerf" is already in live... 20sec enrage is BS honestly that's really need a re-think because poor melee XD

Already more difficult to keep it up now, if your target keeps moving, Knocks you or gets knocked, Holds you a few times + Lag, get some teammate that Repels targets/Knocks them away and you chase them, all that effort you put into stacking is gone and you reset, making Melee rather discouraging, applying more Pressure/difficulty already.
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User

I think it's just me being a defensive nut, But I don't see anything wrong with Behemoth. Except for when choosing between powers maybe.

In my honest opinion.

yep I see that too, only problem with behe is the power choices
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yeah, was losing my enrage stacks trying to tank Grond.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    rtma said:

Already more difficult to keep it up now, if your target keeps moving, Knocks you or gets knocked, Holds you a few times + Lag, get some teammate that Repels targets/Knocks them away and you chase them, all that effort you put into stacking is gone and you reset, making Melee rather discouraging, applying more Pressure/difficulty already.
    Worst out of all is Teleiosaurus. When the baby pops up, if Mom and Baby decide to go AoE spammy, kiss goodbye to your stacks. No way around this.

I understand what they were trying to do, to make it so that all Toggles have an equalized duration, but keeping stacks up as DPS is way more easier than keeping stacks up as a Tank, and most Tanks with few exceptions use either Enrage or Aspect of the Bestial.

I think that a proper workaround for this would be that the duration of your Forms stacks is slightly increased (20-30%) when you are on the Tank role.
This discussion has been closed.