test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160512.11 - Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Power Changes
  • Absorb Heat will only consume your clinging flames now.
  • Fire Strike's wildfire advantage will only refresh your Clinging Flames stacks now.
  • Arc of Ruin's Wildfire advantage will only refresh your Clinging Flames stacks now.
  • Arc of Ruin's Wildfire advantage can now knock down foes once every 3 seconds in addition to refreshing Clinging Flames.
  • Pyre's Backdraft advantage can now refresh your stacks of Clinging Flames in addition to being able to knock down once every 5 seconds.
  • Added a debuff icon to Backdraft and Wildfire to indicate how long you have before the power can knock down again.
  • Demolish's Below the Belt advantage no longer applies a resistance debuff. It now applies a knock down and snare.
  • The Demolish debuff is now a flat 10% Crushing and 8% physical resistance debuff.
  • Demolish now requires you to fully charge the power to apply the Demolish debuff.
  • Fixed a bug where Skewer was not applying Rage/Focus stacks when refreshing a Bleed.
  • Fixed a bug where Poison was not applying Rage stacks when using Aspect of the Bestial.
  • Vicious Descent now applies a snare.

Costumes
  • Added Kitsune head to the PTS store.
  • Added Shadow Hairs to the PTS store.
  • Added Lanterns to the PTS store. These costumes are currently male only.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Teleios's Lightning Rod was not applying its snare. Lowered cooldown to 45 seconds.
  • Added images to the Nightmare Event auras.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for getting some of these fixes out quickly.

Demolish's total resists seem to be accounted for now, testing on the regen dummies w/ Crushing and non-Crushing Physical attacks. Bite also seems to be refreshing Poisons and Bleeds w/ the proper advs, so yay.

If I may, I would like to suggest adding a means for Beatdown and Defensive Combo to stack Enrage somehow.

Okay, this is getting a bit tricky..

BUG: Bite's Scent of Blood and Dragon's Bite (SB) are not procing FotS via their bleed refresh. Eviscerate's bleed refresh works fine w/ FotS.

BUG: Bite's Scent of Blood bleed refresh is not procing AotB. Eviscerate's and Dragon's Bite's bleed refreshes seem to be working fine w/ AotB.

BUG(S): AotB is not stacking via Defile's Debilitating Poison. It is also not stacking via general Poison refreshes vs. 1 target (ex. Infernal Blast, Bite w/ Rabies). AotB is stacking properly on Deadly Poison applications, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    I feel like some people are going to be really upset when they learn the kitsune head is a gold sub reward for June. It looks pretty good though, comes in a bunch of materials, and has different eye pupils for it.

• waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    Nice costume indeed, but enrage is kinda crappy now...We need something to keep the stack to 8 and not a power that's you must target something to keep the stack up...
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Nice costume indeed, but enrage is kinda crappy now...We need something to keep the stack to 8 and not a power that's you must target something to keep the stack up...

All I can think of is Howl or Vicious/Iron Cyclone. Maintaining vicious/iron cyclone for 2 secs refreshes enrage duration. Also, with Demolish's changes, I think it will be alright if it's energy cost gets reduced. Having the debuff apply on full charge is quite expensive.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Arc of ruin... has a knock... o m g

The Demolish change is kind of meh though. Was might so overpowered it needed its physical resistance debuff nerfed that hard? (Went from ~33% at full charge w/ below the belt to 18%, almost half, admittedly some of it now applies to all physical).

I foresee a lot of might toons using Arc of Ruin because its 15% debuff is on tap and doesn't require a lengthy charge (and is AoE to boot). Now i need to figure out how annoying the appropriate retcons are...

But seriously, at a full charge and single target only, demolish's resistance debuff is very unimpressive.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    avianos said:

I would be very upset though if I needed it

so far im only sad I couldn't get the Shoulderpads Cape :/ it would look neat on my Magician but oh well

​​

That was a gold subscriber award?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited May 2016

That was a gold subscriber award?

It still is, [May 2016 - Shoulder Cape]
    Get it now before the Month change

God I wish the system hasn't bugged on me 2 years ago, I would be Lifetimer today​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Save your nickels and dimes between now and July 4. The last couple years there was a LTS sale around then for 1/3 off the regular price.
    avianos said:

God I wish the system hasn't bugged on me 2 years ago, I would be Lifetimer today​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Ah, so demolish is useless now

The Demolish change is kind of meh though. Was might so overpowered it needed its physical resistance debuff nerfed that hard? (Went from ~33% at full charge w/ below the belt to 18%, almost half, admittedly some of it now applies to all physical).

I foresee a lot of might toons using Arc of Ruin because its 15% debuff is on tap and doesn't require a lengthy charge (and is AoE to boot). Now i need to figure out how annoying the appropriate retcons are...

But seriously, at a full charge and single target only, demolish's resistance debuff is very unimpressive.

Yes, they've taken that power from useful to completely irreverent.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    Can someone post some DPS numbers for the new Demolish?

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    I feel like the duration of Enraged was what had initially set it apart from the other forms and justified it requiring 3 powers in might, whereas all the form of forms and Concentration forms only required 1 power from their respective tree.

I suggest making Enraged and Aspect of the Bestial also require only 1 power from their framework to bring it in line with the other forms.

I feel like the duration of Enraged was what had initially set it apart from the other forms and justified it requiring 3 powers in might, whereas all the form of forms and Concentration forms only required 1 power from their respective tree.

I suggest making Enraged and Aspect of the Bestial also require only 1 power from their framework to bring it in line with the other forms.

Yeah do that, even if Gradii disagrees.
  • celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User
    On one hand I lost an awesome debuff on my tank. On the other hand, I now don't have to ponder uppercut to get a means refreshing enrage that doesn't involve punting things over county lines or flailing a chain. Ambivalence!
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    l never used Demolish on any of mah toons, but lMO it's a blah, when powers got messed around for no any reason, while things that were broken for millenias & respectively could get some work are still in that horrid state.
    Demolish's advantage now has knock, so procs Enrage.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Looking at some old damage parses, demolish ended up at -15% resistance against test dummies. So that is 20% default resistance, -15% from a DUC, which means demolish r2+adv did -20% all in all on a full charge. So r1 demolish now does -18% and doesn't need the adv nor a rank for that. That is not a huge nerf, and it did gain some optional utility.
    Post edited by aiqa on
    edited May 2016
    aiqa said:

Looking at some old damage parses, demolish ended up at -15% resistance against test dummies. So that is 20% default resistance, -15% from a DUC, which means demolish r2+adv did -20% all in all on a full charge. So r1 demolish now does -18% and doesn't need the adv nor a rank for that. That is not a huge nerf, and it did gain some optional utility.

I'm pretty sure a fully charged Demolish's below the belt was previously -23% resistance. And that's on top of the -10% resistance R2 Demolish had naturally.

Anyway, if it's going to be single target and full charge only, it needs significantly more resistance reduction than it has.

Edit: It should probably be noted that Arc of Ruin doesn't need to be nerfed - most resistance debuffs are on tap.
    Post edited by squirrelloid on
    gradii said:

Behemoth AT could use a revamp now that demolish officially sucks for debuff, and behemoth still lacks damage being CON primary.

Behemoth needed a revamp anyway. This only makes it painfully obvious.

Some Suggestions:
    -The choices Behemoth has now are dumb. You want Uppercut AND Haymaker or you want Thunderclap AND Roomsweeper (so Roomsweeper knocks all targets up). The things you're choosing between are the things you should be able to choose to pair. Uppercut or Haymaker is especially dumb, because it's like you're taunting the AT players with their inability to use the two powers that have specific synergy together. Fix: Make the choices Roomsweeper OR Uppercut // Thunderclap OR Haymaker. (And/or add new choices, but make it possible to end up with those combinations).
    -Make Behemoth Strength primary. Con primary is almost completely useless here. There's literally no spec in the Con spec tree that Behemoths care about.
    -Make Shockwave a melee power, so it actually synergizes better with the rest of the might set. Yes, i know its like a 50' cone. Doesn't matter, you're damaging stuff by hitting the ground with your fist. That should be melee.
    edited May 2016

aiqa said:

I'm pretty sure a fully charged Demolish's below the belt was previously -23% resistance. And that's on top of the -10% resistance R2 Demolish had naturally.

Anyway, if it's going to be single target and full charge only, it needs significantly more resistance reduction than it has.
    Have a look http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/252677/power-comparison-log/p1

As you can see, using a DUC against training dummies demolish ended up at -15% resistance.
    So it's impossible for demolish to have done -33% resistance.
    How ever the rank and adv scaled at the time (a year ago now), the total -resistance was -20%.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

gradii said:

Behemoth AT could use a revamp now that demolish officially sucks for debuff, and behemoth still lacks damage being CON primary.

Behemoth needed a revamp anyway. This only makes it painfully obvious.

Some Suggestions:
    -The choices Behemoth has now are dumb. You want Uppercut AND Haymaker or you want Thunderclap AND Roomsweeper (so Roomsweeper knocks all targets up). The things you're choosing between are the things you should be able to choose to pair. Uppercut or Haymaker is especially dumb, because it's like you're taunting the AT players with their inability to use the two powers that have specific synergy together. Fix: Make the choices Roomsweeper OR Uppercut // Thunderclap OR Haymaker. (And/or add new choices, but make it possible to end up with those combinations).
    -Make Behemoth Strength primary. Con primary is almost completely useless here. There's literally no spec in the Con spec tree that Behemoths care about.
    -Make Shockwave a melee power, so it actually synergizes better with the rest of the might set. Yes, i know its like a 50' cone. Doesn't matter, you're damaging stuff by hitting the ground with your fist. That should be melee.

I agree with this. Having leveled a Behemoth more than once, the synergy choices for the melee attacks are lacking. With the changes made to Demolish and Enrage - the Behemoth falls even further behind. While I'm sure all of the suggestions made here can't be implemented. Even a slight update to the Behemoths power choices would be helpful.

The Behemoth can actually be competitive with some Freeform builds, but these current updates make that somewhat harder.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

That would be a bit meaningless without also getting the old one? And the one on live is bugged so that is hard to do.
    But demolish itself should do quite a bit higher damage now, since you can get it to r3 without losing a lot of -resistance.
    Perhaps what could be done, assuming the debuff requires a full charge, is to reduce Demolish's charge time (ofc, scaling the dmg numbers appropriately). Maybe make it have the same charge time as a Dragon move for MA?

Being the only pure Might AT, it would be nice if the Behemoth could take adv of the Uppercut -> Haymaker combo for stacking Enrage, at the least.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    aiqa said:

That would be a bit meaningless without also getting the old one? And the one on live is bugged so that is hard to do.
    But demolish itself should do quite a bit higher damage now, since you can get it to r3 without losing a lot of -resistance.
    I was going to compare it to the analysis that kaizerin did a while back b4 she became a dev. I feel like I'm starting to get the picture anyway though.
    flowcyto said:

Perhaps what could be done, assuming the debuff requires a full charge, is to reduce Demolish's charge time (ofc, scaling the dmg numbers appropriately). Maybe make it have the same charge time as a Dragon move for MA?

Or you could just use Night Warrior.
    Speaking of charge times, I want to see some charge time reduction mods some day.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User

Um, what?

Might already has several "one powers" that can easily proc Enrage over and over and over again.

Might has literally anything that can knock: Roomsweeper, Uppercut, Haymaker, Iron Lariat, Iron Chain(Adv), Iron Cyclone, Mighty Kick, Havoc Stomp, Shockwave, Hyper Voice.

Bestial is a bit different, but running a Bestial FF, I've found that spamming Frenzy w/ Poison Claws Adv over and over gets 8 stacks of AotB pretty easily. I imagine it would be the same with Shred.

Um, what?

Might already has several "one powers" that can easily proc Enrage over and over and over again.

Might has literally anything that can knock: Roomsweeper, Uppercut, Haymaker, Iron Lariat, Iron Chain(Adv), Iron Cyclone, Mighty Kick, Havoc Stomp, Shockwave, Hyper Voice.

Bestial is a bit different, but running a Bestial FF, I've found that spamming Frenzy w/ Poison Claws Adv over and over gets 8 stacks of AotB pretty easily. I imagine it would be the same with Shred.
    You completely missed the point of what I said.

I wasn't talking about ONE POWER required to proc enraged. I was talking about The power tiers, where it requires you have three powers from might, or four non-energy building powers to take enraged in the first place. All of the other forms require 1 power from their framework, or 2 non energy builders.

Um, what?

He isn't talking about making it proc, he means making it unlock.Enrage needs 3 Might powers or 4 non energy building powers to be unlocked. Concentration and AotB take 1 power from their respective frames or just 2 non energy building powers. It can make a speed bump when trying to make a build as you may have to take a power early on you didn't want (maybe a might block when you wanted to take a block from another framework) so you can unlock the might power you were going for.

It might not seem like a big deal initially, but you may end up spending 1 power on something you rather not have taken, and you may have wanted to take Enrage so you can unlock the higher tier Might powers sooner. The most common thing that happens is you are stuck inside the might framework for blocks/lunges/ and energy builders, or if level 40 and retconning you end up taking an ultimate power so stuff starts unlocking.
    I wouldn't be against lowering the tier reqs for Enrage and AotB (and AotI and IDF). Seems kinda archaic and/or a bit arbitrary that some toggles are much higher tier than others.
    flowcyto said:

I wouldn't be against lowering the tier reqs for Enrage and AotB (and AotI and IDF). Seems kinda archaic and/or a bit arbitrary that some toggles are much higher tier than others.

Exactly, I mean BEFORE when Enraged and AotB had a 40 second duration it made a bit more sense, but since those are getting dropped to 20, it makes more sense to bring them to the tier the rest of them are at

Definitely agree on changing the Behemot power selection and the Tier of Enrgage (and AotB).

As for the Demolish "nerf".. if the numbers are what Aiqa reports I do not see much reason to complain.

edited May 2016

Every ranged power can proc concentration over and over again. No need to even list them except for a few notably bugged powers.
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    Just one thing, some ranged power can pre-stack concentration But melee can't pre-stack enrage, Because i've seen kinda a lot of people doing that during the cosmic boss fight and in rampage as well.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    So I think this is the final nail in the coffin of the giant growth build. It was fun while it lasted.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

Just one thing, some ranged power can pre-stack concentration But melee can't pre-stack enrage, Because i've seen kinda a lot of people doing that during the cosmic boss fight and in rampage as well.

They could make it so that it has to hit something to trigger, you know, how it was intended so pre stacking wouldn't work as well, sure shoot or punch furniture but what did they ever do to you? :P
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    gradii said:

rtma said:

They could make it so that it has to hit something to trigger, you know, how it was intended so pre stacking wouldn't work as well, sure shoot or punch furniture but what did they ever do to you? :P
    Yes becuase everytime they start nerfing people start suggesting additional nerfs, it's contagious like a plauge or something.
    In regards to bringing powers in line, why should a few powers have special privileges like spamming Force Eruption or Lead Tempest to stack Concentration while Melee has to hit something? probably best if they bring that into line to, if that's what Cryptic has planned for us.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    You can stack Form of the Tiger with any charged attack, so it's certain not only concentration that can be kept up easily out of combat.
    edited May 2016
    BUG: Pyre's Backdraft adv doesnt seem to 100% refresh the Clinging Flames
    Sometimes it does in tap, half charge and full charge and sometimes it doesnt, the CF refresh is not 100% guaranteed as the Wildfire ADV
    The CF Refresh seem to work only once as well​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gradii said:

As the new cosmics have shown it's possible to develop content for the current power levels. So why the onslaught of nerfs which just mean said content will have to be re adjusted in the future?

Because certain powers are still outperforming others of their category, which means the current power level still has several disparities that need to be addressed because not all powers are at the "current power level". Some are below it, some are above it, and these things need to be brought in line. I know you hate the whole "brought in line" thing, but you'll need to get used to it because it's something that needs to happen, even if the line isn't as high as you think it should be.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Stuff

Things

Oh no, you have to get to level 8 to get Enrage instead of taking it before you leave the Powerhouse. Oh the horror. Oh the humanity. Someone think of the children.

edited May 2016

Oh no, you have to get to level 8 to get Enrage instead of taking it before you leave the Powerhouse. Oh the horror. Oh the humanity. Someone think of the children.

Quick form a Charity, launch an advertisement campaign focused on inducing emotional sentiment claiming that it's helping people, to gouge them for profit when they're capable of fixing the problems, que Tiny Violin, life goes on.

edited May 2016
    Related to Clinging Flames rapture change on absorb heat to be user exlusive

Suggestion: Make Rimefire rapturing only your own Clinging Flames and Chill stacks and not other player's stack!

Right now every individual who use Rimefire as a spike attack can ruin your Rimefire combo
    and You can spam Rimefire nonstop against a cosmic when there are Chill and Clinging Flame users​​
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    I personally think this change to demolish is a very welcome one. This change will improve the in frame work synergy that it needs with it's form, enrage. Demolish by itself was powerful, and this change will only improve it more so.

As a player that has stuck with might from the time I started playing this game, I think demolish finally getting a knockdown was a long time coming. I am overall happy with the current changes to might, and I am indifferent to the enrage changes.

I shall spend the entire weekend testing the updates, particularly with might, and post an update on my findings.
    xcaligax said:

I shall spend the entire weekend testing the updates, particularly with might, and post an update on my findings.

This ^^

The demolish advantage is great. Knockdown and snare is super useful for Might folks, because knockdown means your target doesn't leave melee range (which sometimes is a problem with Haymaker and occasionally Uppercut).

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    The nuance I've seen in the latest power changes has me very hopeful in general. The demolish change is a nerf in some use cases and a buff in others. That type of subtlety is encouraging when thinking about the need for other powers to be balanced.

It does seem that the days where the only choices we had were to either slam a power into complete uselessness or make it ridiculously OP are behind us.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    xcaligax said:

I personally think this change to demolish is a very welcome one. This change will improve the in frame work synergy that it needs with it's form, enrage. Demolish by itself was powerful, and this change will only improve it more so.

As a player that has stuck with might from the time I started playing this game, I think demolish finally getting a knockdown was a long time coming. I am overall happy with the current changes to might, and I am indifferent to the enrage changes.

I must agree. I was a little nervous at first about the Demolish changes & the Behemoth. However, after testing them on live I'm very pleased. The "Below the Belt Advantage" easily keeps stacks of Enrage on the Behemoth, without having to rely on Roomsweeper knock spam.

I'm one of those players who greatly dislikes knocking enemies all over the place. So I avoid Roomsweeper. Demolish is provides a nice alternative now. So my Thunderclap using Behemoth now builds and keeps enrage up more efficiently, and since I tweaked him for Giant Growth, I'm even more pleased. I don't mind Giant Growth being limited to mostly combat.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
This discussion has been closed.