test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nightmare Event Known Issue - Westside Colossus

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
There is currently an issue with the loot tables for the Nightmare Colossus encounter at the Westside location where players won't receive the intended drops if they are below second place. This issue will be addressed tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience!​​

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    gradii said:

Are healers credited for healing at this event?

Yes they are. I scored within top 10 on Alara and got daily credit.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    well I've just done 3, Downtown, got less than 100k so not surprised.
    City center- 164k damage
    city center- see picture 400k+
    and NO completion. So what do you have to do , to get the collossus misson to complete?
    in a team wiht another person, got over 200k damage
    city center- 483k damage and it finally completes.

theres also this awful lag just trying to go anywhere, especially near the portals in city center. downtown was ok

thats unable to move, unable to recover, big pauses for team invites. THis is with all floaters OFF.
    congratulations, this is just like the Takofanes fights where people missed the whole fight due to lag
    next fight- lagged out of the whole thing 7149 dmg... total
    The lag vanished, as soon as all the mobs and the area aura did

next fight- city center again no lag- collossus turns up- instant lag and hats with graphics turned right down and effects off.
    when the mobs spawn midway- stop motion. mainly stop.
    fight finsihes, lag vanishes again

no%20completion_zpsvozalhwp.png
    @kaizerin @crypticarkayne​​
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Horror's Pulls and Knocks seem to follow some pre-alert knock resistance Shenanigans
    Some dont even apply knock resistance​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    chaelk said:

well I've just done 3, Downtown, got less than 100k so not surprised.

City center- 164k damage

city center- see picture 400k+

and NO completion. So what do you have to do , to get the collossus misson to complete?

in a team wiht another person, got over 200k damage

city center- 483k damage and it finally completes.

Yeah getting credit for quest completion is a joke. I'm not sure what god-awful criteria is required, but I ran about 4 last night, averaging around 200k per, and none of them awarded quest credit even though I got a loot circle each time. For some, I was there, helping clear stuff before the colossus spawned. Others, I arrived late for, but never later than 2/3 health remaining.

I'm not sure why this isn't a high priority fix, since I recall it being a problem with Clarence as well. Quest credit needs to either get fixed or the quests need to just get removed while giving the loot circle a small boost in rewards to compensate.

The artificial difficulty inflation due to constant knockback cheese from the trash mobs is bad enough, but that I can live with. Broken quests that have remained broken for other content for so long? That's a different story entirely.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aesica said:

I'm not sure what god-awful criteria is required.

Defeat credit on the shadow colossi, which means doing a certain amount of damage (I think about 1%) to the shadow colossus. It should be based on open mission credit, and I think is going to be changed to that the next time the game is patched, but that's going to be a little bit.
    so basically we have to IGNORE the plague of mobs which keep spawning, IGNORE the things you turn off and just shoot the colossus​​

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    chaelk said:

so basically we have to IGNORE the plague of mobs which keep spawning, IGNORE the things you turn off and just shoot the colossus​​

If you're only doing the open mission once to complete the daily, you need to shoot the colossus enough to get credit (though the adds count against the 50 horror requirement on the portal quest). If you've already completed the daily, you can do whatever.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Heh, first Shadow Colossus fight I got 14th on the scoreboard... as an AT :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    so basically we have to IGNORE the plague of mobs which keep spawning, IGNORE the things you turn off and just shoot the colossus
    If you're only doing the open mission once to complete the daily, you need to shoot the colossus enough to get credit (though the adds count against the 50 horror requirement on the portal quest). If you've already completed the daily, you can do whatever.

yes but HOW much is required to get credit, look at my first post.

Hawkman, I'm doing it on a Soldier at​​

Grimoire :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Those are fun, I levelled one without gear.
    do you get aggro if you spam Skarnes.
    My Grinoire usually drops a energy circle and just spams. Mind you with this event, that would be drop circle, get knocked, run back.​​

I used flight for my TP. so for the colossus flight I stayed around the level of it's head. None of the adds bothered me up there. The colossus never used a hold or knock on me.

But yeah, drop circle, spam Skarn's or Eldritch blast when it's too far away for Skarn's, and zap with the curse thingy whenever I can.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    The pull doesn't give Knock resistance, it has better range then most weapons
    The team up function is broken. I was on a team with 4 level 0 characters
  • you could just switch to another team if you get a bugged one (and assuming there's one with an empty spot);that's what that tiny little blue hexagonal button in the bottom-left of the team window is for, as i found out just the other day​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

you could just switch to another team if you get a bugged one (and assuming there's one with an empty spot);that's what that tiny little blue hexagonal button in the bottom-left of the team window is for, as i found out just the other day​​

Oh, I've been using that, telling everyone locally about it, but there still shouldn't be level 0s in the team up.