What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online: New Predator Archetype

Comments

• Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    2 problems:

(1) The link you provided doesn't tell us anything except the archetype now exists, which you just told us anyway.
    (2) Archetypes (with a few exceptions) aren't particularly well designed. I can't (and won't) speak for everyone, but this doesn't interest me at all.

Wouldn't it be better to fix the alerts that everyone keeps complaining about?
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

2 problems:

(1) The link you provided doesn't tell us anything except the archetype now exists, which you just told us anyway.
    (2) Archetypes (with a few exceptions) aren't particularly well designed. I can't (and won't) speak for everyone, but this doesn't interest me at all.

Read the PTS General Discussion Forums and/or Release Notes. Information about the AT is there.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options

2 problems:

Read the PTS General Discussion Forums and/or Release Notes. Information about the AT is there.
    Thanks, Chaos, for mentioning that. I was aware of the release notes, as I have looked at them before, but a newer player may not have have realized they existed. My statement about the link was actually in reference to that (though it didn't offer anything better, which I didn't think about when I made it). The link kaizerin gave just goes to the announcement page, which I had already seen when I logged into the game. Perhaps he should have also given the links you mentioned; then at least I'd have only one complaint. Though maybe I don't really have a complaint at all, I just wish the AT's were a little more fun.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

2 problems:

Thanks, Chaos, for mentioning that. I was aware of the release notes, as I have looked at them before, but a newer player may not have have realized they existed. My statement about the link was actually in reference to that (though it didn't offer anything better, which I didn't think about when I made it). The link kaizerin gave just goes to the announcement page, which I had already seen when I logged into the game. Perhaps he should have also given the links you mentioned; then at least I'd have only one complaint. Though maybe I don't really have a complaint at all, I just wish the AT's were a little more fun.
    I've honestly been having the same gripe as you about these news posts as of late... the news article provides next to ZERO information... Honestly I'd rather see a copy paste of the news article here than a link to it anyway... And can we PLEASE get a link to the Related Release Notes thread added to these AND the news articles from now on... I can't stress enough how important it is to make those Release Note threads known... Because these threads only link to the News Article and the news Article links to nothing at all most who read either of them won't even know that there even is a Release Notes thread and if they know about the PTS threads they will have to sift through information that isn't even 100% accurate to what went to live since not every change goes through the PTS. Some of the recent Bestial changes got last minute updates that completely skipped the PTS, such as the reduced heal on Thrash. So anyone reading the PTS threads won't nessisarily have an accurate picture of what just went live and very few people seem to actually be aware of the existance of the Release Notes subforum... I suspect this is mainly due to the fact that it was abandoned for years and that many of the posts to it prior to that provided nothing of value. But atleast in the past ya'll linked to them... Start Linking to them again... Seriously..
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

I've honestly been having the same gripe as you about these news posts as of late... the news article provides next to ZERO information... Honestly I'd rather see a copy paste of the news article here than a link to it anyway... And can we PLEASE get a link to the Related Release Notes thread added to these AND the news articles from now on... I can't stress enough how important it is to make those Release Note threads known... Because these threads only link to the News Article and the news Article links to nothing at all most who read either of them won't even know that there even is a Release Notes thread and if they know about the PTS threads they will have to sift through information that isn't even 100% accurate to what went to live since not every change goes through the PTS. Some of the recent Bestial changes got last minute updates that completely skipped the PTS, such as the reduced heal on Thrash. So anyone reading the PTS threads won't nessisarily have an accurate picture of what just went live and very few people seem to actually be aware of the existance of the Release Notes subforum... I suspect this is mainly due to the fact that it was abandoned for years and that many of the posts to it prior to that provided nothing of value. But atleast in the past ya'll linked to them... Start Linking to them again... Seriously..

The power progression was put in the release notes, so it could have been copied & pasted here. But honestly, a link to the release notes (and if very long, a note about where in the release notes it is) would be best. Though it should be mentioned (and I didn't think of this before) that the dev might have done this in a hurry; his familiarity with the patch notes may have caused him to think "they know to look at the notes", which may or may not be right depending on who sees what.