test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160512.5 - Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Spider Lockbox
  • Added the rest of the female Steel Arachnid set.
  • Made the spikes on the shoulders optional.
  • Made the gem on the chest optional.
  • Updated the textures so the primary color is the first color and there are more colorable options.
  • Added glow to various color channels.
  • Added variant vehicle colors for the Steel Arachnid vehicle to the PTS Store.
  • Added Chainsaw bracer/claw weapon to the PTS store.
  • Fixed a bug where the Radioactive and Toxic auras were not coloring properly.
  • Added Lockbox contact to rencen.

Nightmare Event
  • Updated some of the FX the enemies use so the debris they create properly cleans up.
  • Changed the healing rays for the Nightmare Colossus to heal dramatically less but instead stack up a resistance buff on the Colossus over time.
  • Added a 20 second delay to the healing rays before they will start to buff the Colossus.

Power Changes
Massacre
  • No longer gains bonus damage from knock immune targets.
  • No longer refreshes bleeds.
  • Increased the base damage of Massacre to compensate for losing its bonus damage on knock immune targets.
  • Slightly increased to cost of Massacre to bring it in line with its new damage.
  • Massacre's Bloody Mess advantage now applies to base damage.
  • Known issue: Massacre's advanced tooltip is currently broken.

Bite
  • Rabies Advantage: Changed the proc requirements for spreading the affliction from full charge to at least half charge to not conflict with rupturing bleeds to heal.
  • New Advantage: Scent of Blood. Similar to Rabies, spreads Bleeds to nearby targets and refreshes its duration.
  • Furor Venenum Advantage: Now refreshes the Furious buff.
  • Known Issue: Bite's cost is currently too low.

Resurgence
  • Evanescent Emergence Advantage: No longer applies Rage. Instead applies one stack of Furious and refreshes all existing stacks. All other aspects of this advantage remain the same.

Antagonize
  • When struck by an attack from more than 20ft away, you gain the Antagonized buff which increases your speed and knock resistance.
  • When struck by an attack from less than 20ft, applies Cornered. Cornered gives you a 5% resistance buff (this resistance buff is the same as a resistance buff from a passive power) and increases your knock resistance by 25%. Can stack up to 3 times and lasts 10 seconds.

• Adjusted damage and cost values for all new Bestial abilities.
  • Feint should properly rank up in damage now.
  • Fixed some bugs with ranking costs.
  • Added in tooltips for new bestial powers and Mechanical Monstrosity.
  • Added a couple pet costume options to the Mechanical Monstrosity power.
  • Slightly increased the cost of Dragon Claws to bring its cost in line with its effect.
  • Slightly increased the cost of Devour Essence to bring its cost in line with its effect.
  • Slightly increased the damage on Toxic Rocket and renamed the power to state that it's a Mark 3.

Misc
  • Fixed the descriptions for the Cosmic secondaries to state what type of mod they can use.
  • Moved the Shadowed aura and Dripping aura to the Drifter Store.
  • Added Wolf Spider vehicle to the Questionite store.
  • Added Green Lynx and Peacock vehicles to the Drifter store.
  • Added Weaver Spider vehicle to the ZEN store.
  • Moved the Aurum offense items to the Collector store.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​

Comments

• brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Digging the Steel Arachnid set. Any chance of it getting the glass, holo, ghost, and/or psionic materials added to the normal cloth/leather/metal?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    -The bleed refresh on Scent of Blood only works when it tries to spread the bleed effect to other targets. Against single targets it does not refresh bleeds.
    -Furor Venenum neither procs nor refreshes furious.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Chainsaw skin is not unlocking account wide, but per toon.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    So, did we ever get final numbers on what the Nightmare missions were going to be giving out as far as tokens?
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Mmmm my feedback feelings are going to be mixed at this point, since I am looking over bestial.

Feedback on Bestial

On the one hand I am very happy to finally have brand new powers for the under developed bestial power set. But on the other hand, I am sort of wary because the synergies being created don't feel well placed and in fact feel slightly forced to make me take powers I didn't want to begin with, especially in a tanking perspective. While this just isn't about tanking, I feel that the powers I would use for tanking are being hamstrung, comparatively, to similar powers.

+ Let's start with Thrash. It's clunky setting this power up to get it's best potential to be blunt. It requires a target to be bleeding to get its heal effect, and if you want to get its damage status effect on a target, you have to take poison dots, which this particular status effect is based on the number of poison stacks. Well fine and dandy if I spend 2 points in another power to get poison stacks (Frenzy). So I have to wait for it to stack up that way, which is a pain since bestial does not refresh poison stacks so every time that falls off means I have to Frenzy again to apply more stacks. Lots of busy work. I still would personally change Thrash name to Maul myself.

+ Then the bleed refresh was removed from Massacre. I understand why Massacre lost its knock damage bonus. I expected that ages ago. Wasn't worried about that, and didn't think it needed a damage compensation to make up for it, especially if Bloody Mess got set to base damage instead, which it did. But it loses the bleed refresh in the process, and that just feels like over kill to me.

+ And speaking of which there is Aspect of the Bestial. I still feel more compelled to take Enrage over Aspect of the Bestial. No it has nothing to do with ease of using Massacre to get knocks. It has everything to do with that Aspect does not have a utility buff to give it at least an on par effect with Enrage. Endorphin Rush might not be a lot to some, but it is mighty useful and still keeps it over AoTB as far as active forms to use. Maybe allow AoTB to stack up a form of Reckless that increases resistance only.

+ Also don't understand why Eviscerate doesn't have a special advantage. A 2 point advantage that stacks or refreshes Furious because there seems to be a desire to import Furious to Bestial (which makes sense) but a bit too tight on its placement within the set. Otherwise, my other concern is Eviscerate's Deep Wounds ability. It seems like a huge sacrifice, long term, to Rupture with Eviscerate even if Deep Wounds ignores all resistances it seems. Its damage seems way too low to be useful long term, and 16 seconds of only 80 DPS over the normal 12 seconds of roughly 300 - 500+ DPS for me seems like a huge sacrifice especially for the Eviscerate. Maybe on a DPS build but that still is questionable, especially since Eviscerate has a, albeit very short, CD attached to it.

+ I still don't feel Fear Sense on Frenzy, even using nothing but Frenzy and spamming it to death it is nearly impossible to get Furious to five stacks because Frenzy does not refresh Furious. Ignoring server latency it takes 1.5 seconds to do the third attack to get the furious buff, which means that by the time you are about to apply the 5th the first one is 2 seconds away from falling off, which basically means it is impossible to keep it stacked to 5 with frenzy. This should refresh.

+ Bite I don't get why Bite gets so much going for it now. It's like this power was intentionally made the lynch pin of the entire set. Scent of Blood would work just as well on Thrash as Bite and would make more thematic sense in the long term to boot. Rabies I understand for those that want to bite with their infernal builds, I guess, but it just feels like making a power no one liked to be the lynch pin of the set so people take it anyways. I still don't like Bite, I never have, I hate its animation, but I've been given little choice. I love Thrash more than this power and would prefer, if any power I was forced to take, it would be Thrash instead.

+ Resurgence change I have no qualms with, I expected the Enrage to be removed eventually since preventing people from stacking multiple forms has been one of the goals. It stacking 1 Furious though seems a bit small for a 2 point advantage on a power with an exceptionally long CD in a set that has difficulty keeping and maintaining Furious.

+ Antagonize I like the dual nature of this block, it really makes it feel bestial now. It fits with the idea of making it easier to close the gap or getting more defensive as you are pinned in.

+ Feint, which is basically Brute Strike, seems to do slightly more damage to and have a lower cost. Think that needs adjusting. Not much else I can say about Feint other than rename it to Swipe.

Suggestions on Bestial

+ Howl is of course one of those enigma powers that use to have a purpose as a team power even, but that was lost badly with changing times. My suggestion, get rid of the Enrage refreshing or applying effect, and allow it to instead apply or refresh Furious to team members and the user. This can of course stack to the normal 5. Basic long refresh time will make it difficult to use as a stacker with Furious normal 10 second duration, but at least give it a team use.

+ I feel Regeneration should do something beyond what it normally does. While it can be made defensible, it is still ridiculously vulnerable especially to effects like trauma and just general damage. Resistance to trauma is something that Regeneration probably needs, especially, because shutting down an entire passive so drastically is just way over kill. In addition, the resistance either needs to be a permanent fixture and not an only on when you are capped off thing or made into an HP boost for regeneration, of around 15% to 25% give or take rank of the power.

+ Pounce special advantage, Furious Rush, really makes no sense on such a low damage power. 30% more damage that probably isn't even a base damage boost either. Pounce needs something in thematic such as the ability to cause Bleed or some other status effect, to actually make that advantage worth taking.

Anyways my current opinions on the matter. Still working around with build types to see what I like.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    BUG
    • Antagonize seems to play a foot stomp animation sporadically. No idea what is causing it. I have rank 2 with Quills on my character so it might be related to Quills?
    ​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Will we be able to at least change the color of antagonizes aura? Or perhaps could we get an advantage to disable the aura?

Also the nerfs to massacre are quite severe, it's lost most of it's utility in exchange for a little more damage that it didn't really need. Given how most of the powers in the beastial set rely on bleeds or poisons and how slow the power is (activation wise) compared to similar powers it doesn't seem to have a purpose for the set any more.

Edit: Eviscrate is an interesting ability, though the animation makes it look like your attempting to grope someone rather then do them harm.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    Is there a damage resistant stack cap on the colossus so that it doesn't end up becoming increasingly impossible to defeat?​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hm. If the tooltip description is accurate, thrash is considerably stronger than devour essence. On my character (minimal stats and specs) r1 effect is 275 damage and heal 49/stack (245 with 5 stacks); by comparison, devour essence is 285 damage and heal 100. Also, slashing debuffs are generally more accessible than toxic debuffs. It's somewhat more work to set up and you'll need to use a bleed refresh every so often, but permanent 5 stack bleed is not exactly difficult. You might want to adjust the healing somewhat.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Excellent points:

. . .
    + And speaking of which there is Aspect of the Bestial. I still feel more compelled to take Enrage over Aspect of the Bestial. No it has nothing to do with ease of using Massacre to get knocks. It has everything to do with that Aspect does not have a utility buff to give it at least an on par effect with Enrage. Endorphin Rush might not be a lot to some, but it is mighty useful and still keeps it over AoTB as far as active forms to use. Maybe allow AoTB to stack up a form of Reckless that increases resistance only.

. . .
    + Howl is of course one of those enigma powers that use to have a purpose as a team power even, but that was lost badly with changing times. My suggestion, get rid of the Enrage refreshing or applying effect, and allow it to instead apply or refresh Furious to team members and the user. This can of course stack to the normal 5. Basic long refresh time will make it difficult to use as a stacker with Furious normal 10 second duration, but at least give it a team use.

. . .
    + I feel Regeneration should do something beyond what it normally does. While it can be made defensible, it is still ridiculously vulnerable especially to effects like trauma and just general damage. Resistance to trauma is something that Regeneration probably needs, especially, because shutting down an entire passive so drastically is just way over kill. In addition, the resistance either needs to be a permanent fixture and not an only on when you are capped off thing or made into an HP boost for regeneration, of around 15% to 25% give or take rank of the power.

. . .
    + Pounce special advantage, Furious Rush, really makes no sense on such a low damage power. 30% more damage that probably isn't even a base damage boost either. Pounce needs something in thematic such as the ability to cause Bleed or some other status effect, to actually make that advantage worth taking.

It's great that the power set is getting such a thorough rework. It would be great if these last few things could be changed.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'm going to be blunt about this, I did some rather basic number crunching, and simply put, the deep wound dot [from evisrate] needs the damage it does reduced by 22% or reaper embrace needs a buff of some kind.

If left as it is now, it is more or less going to be like pistol whip/brute strike all over again, aka making an existing power borderline obsolete.

Personally I would go down the road of buffing reapers embrace, by giving the user a dodge buff based on the number of bleeds ruptured.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Added Chainsaw bracer/claw weapon to the PTS store.

Is this the Claw skin which was left out from the claw pack? (along with the rods one)
    co_art-corner_claws_190811.jpg

OH YIS!
    OH YIS!
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited May 2016
    gradii said:

notyuu said:

I'm going to be blunt about this, I did some rather basic number crunching, and simply put, the deep wound dot [from evisrate] needs the damage it does reduced by 22% or reaper embrace needs a buff of some kind.

If left as it is now, it is more or less going to be like pistol whip/brute strike all over again, aka making an existing power borderline obsolete.

Personally I would go down the road of buffing reapers embrace, by giving the user a dodge buff based on the number of bleeds ruptured.

I think reapers embrace is good where it is, it doesn't need a buff, is eviscerate really even better?
    No.

Eviscerate stops you from stacking bleeds for the duration of Deep Wounds and can therefor only be applied once every 16 seconds + time to stack bleeds. And you 100% need 5 bleed stacks on Eviscerate, or you'll have 16 seconds or subpar Deep Wounds.

I haven't parsed anything yet due to character copy being broken, but the mechanics of Eviscerate make it underperform more than overperform.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2016
    Can we get a choice between Parry and Antagonise block powers for the Savage AT?

Antagonise is an OK block power, but I'd rather keep using Parry, besides the AT was sold with Parry and this new block plays different.

Don't replace powers completely on Premium ATs with something entirely different, leave it as a player's choice if possible. And it is possible, since block enchancer is not a starting power.

Parry is much better block power especially with Regeneration not being that great as a tanking passive. It allows for using this AT as an off-tank. This new block, can't say it's a must-have. You'll sell more of premium ATs if they are giving more choices. Mandatory replacing Parry will be more of a forced downgrade.​​
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    avianos said:

kaizerin wrote: »

Added Chainsaw bracer/claw weapon to the PTS store.

Is this the Claw skin which was left out from the claw pack? (along with the rods one)

co_art-corner_claws_190811.jpg

OH YIS!

OH YIS!

​​

Yup, though it is significantly longer than the one pictured. Its about as long as the gadgeteering chainsaw. Its available both as a MA weapon, and a bracer piece. Looks quite shiny.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Overall interesting changes. Eviscerate and Massacre seem like redundant powers for the AT;s.

Also, I must question. Why is an already powerful set (Bestial) receiving such a substantial round of buffs? I get that adding toxic dot's to the set diversifies melee damage types. But why all the recent focus on sets that don't really need buffing?

There are plenty of powers in the game, so terrible, no one ever chooses them. See the recent Vapor Form discussion. Wouldn't it make more sense to fix those unpopular powers first, and then move on to buffing sets that are already popular?
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

But why all the recent focus on sets that don't really need buffing?

Likely based on whatever AT is coming out more than anything else.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I hope these changes buffs the tank capabilities of the Bestial Powerset. Because right now it sounds like the powers are focused more on damage rather than tanking. Massacre was my main tank's primary attack. Now that it doesn't refresh bleeds, I might generate less aggro.

Also, taking enrage off resurgence and replacing it with furious doesn't seem like it's for tanking anymore. I also noticed the enrage stacks are being delayed in this patch. It's almost like they're subliminally telling us to get Aggressor to get enrage stacks. Well, that's just my opinion though.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Pics of new Vehicles plz
    Psi.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

I hope these changes buffs the tank capabilities of the Bestial Powerset. Because right now it sounds like the powers are focused more on damage rather than tanking. Massacre was my main tank's primary attack. Now that it doesn't refresh bleeds, I might generate less aggro.

Also, taking enrage off resurgence and replacing it with furious doesn't seem like it's for tanking anymore. I also noticed the enrage stacks are being delayed in this patch. It's almost like they're subliminally telling us to get Aggressor to get enrage stacks. Well, that's just my opinion though.

If that is what they are telling us then aggressor needs to work with aspect of the beastial. Currrently, (at least on live) the only way it will give me enrage stacks is if I'm using the enrage form.
    draogn wrote: »
    If that is what they are telling us then aggressor needs to work with aspect of the beastial. Currrently, (at least on live) the only way it will give me enrage stacks is if I'm using the enrage form.

Aggressor is giving AoTB enrage stacks on test.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Bug?:
    Thrash healing does not scale with Deep Wounds.
  • theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Could we get the claws on the Steel Arachnid bracers as optional pieces like the shoulder spikes and chest gem?
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2016
    gradii wrote: »
    Can we get a choice between Parry and Antagonise block powers for the Savage AT?

Antagonise is an OK block power, but I'd rather keep using Parry, besides the AT was sold with Parry and this new block plays different.

Don't replace powers completely on Premium ATs with something entirely different, leave it as a player's choice if possible. And it is possible, since block enchancer is not a starting power.

Parry is much better block power especially with Regeneration not being that great as a tanking passive. It allows for using this AT as an off-tank. This new block, can't say it's a must-have. You'll sell more of premium ATs if they are giving more choices. Mandatory replacing Parry will be more of a forced downgrade.

What exactly makes parry better for the savage? I'm personally very happy with the new block which my savage will be getting.

I'd rather keep adv from parry than have this new block.

Great if you like it, but I don't think every Savage should be switched to it.
    It's one thing to rework an entire powerset, and another one to completely replace a power with something different.

And, again, making it a power choice costs nothing since it's not a starter power and premium ATs can use more options than freebies.​​
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    I could be mistaken but weren't valerian's boots in the last nightmare invasion update? They are no longer available as far as I can tell.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    aiqa said:

Eviscerate stops you from stacking bleeds for the duration of Deep Wounds and can therefor only be applied once every 16 seconds + time to stack bleeds. And you 100% need 5 bleed stacks on Eviscerate, or you'll have 16 seconds or subpar Deep Wounds.

I haven't parsed anything yet due to character copy being broken, but the mechanics of Eviscerate make it underperform more than overperform.

Yea I was a bit worried about this. Deep Wounds does have some utility, but imo it may be better served being an opt-in thing (ie. special adv) as personally I'd rather just have more thematic Ruptures than a Rupture w/ a string attached that could be counter-productive.

BUG?: Deep Wounds is not fully stopping Bleeds while its up. Due to lag, its possible for 1-3x bleed stacks to still pop up and apply tick dmg, albeit for a very short duration. I assume that this isn't intended.

Bite seems to be trying to do too much for Bestial now as a single ability, imo. Its overall functionality I don't feel is very intuitive- just speaking from a very generalist perspective here. I think this is just because it has too many special advs that change its functionality, on top of it already doing drastically diff things when charged or not as baseline. This base functionality can clash w/ the special advs, which I think is my main issue w/ it.

BUG: Rabies on Bite does not refresh Poison on the primary target, whether tapped or charged. Other targets can re-apply Poison_Bleed on the primary target, but I assume this is only a result of the AoE effects of Rabies and Scent of Blood chaining back to that target, as this doesn't happen vs. 1 target.
    BUG: Rabies seems to have a low chance of applying (not refreshing) Poison on tap, but this isn't reflected anywhere on the tooltip.

I'm also somewhat confused as to what Thrash is trying to be; I guess its Bestial's more thematic version of DE, but its baseline dmg/energy values are a bit out-of-line in comparison, imo, given its easier to buff slashing than toxic. Also because DE + Phleb's heal is only slightly above half of the healing of Thrash at 5x bleed (R3 Thrash: 5x69 = 345 heal/tick vs. R2 DE + Phleb = 118*1.5 = 177 heal/tick; or 345 vs. 141 for R3 DE). I understand making Thrash's heal still better than DE + Phleb at max bleed stacks, but I'm not sure the magnitude of the diff should be that much, esp given that Phleb is trading the dmg boost of a normal rank as is.

On that note.. BUG: DE's snare doesn't scale w/ rank, though Thrash's does. Never noticed this till now.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    I somewhat wonder how some of these powers interact when there's 2+ people using bleeds. The Deep Wounds mechanic seems like something to just avoid using if possible.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2016
    These mechanics are set to only work off of *your* bleeds. If any of them are rupturing any else's, or if you're gaining extra healing from other stacks, that's a bug. Deep wound should only be preventing your bleeds as well.​​
    flowcyto said:

I'm also somewhat confused as to what Thrash is trying to be; I guess its Bestial's more thematic version of DE, but its baseline dmg/energy values are a bit out-of-line in comparison, imo, given its easier to buff slashing than toxic.

Also because there's better synergy between Thrash and Bleed (both are Melee Slashing damage) than between Devour Essence and Bleed (Melee Toxic vs Melee Slashing) or Devour Essence and Deadly Poison (Melee Toxic vs Ranged Toxic).

The basic stats for Thrash, as compared to DE, seem to be:
    Damage: 96% of DE.
    Healing: 49% of DE per stack of bleed. At 5 stacks, 245%
    If we compare to DE w/Phleb instead we get:
    Damage: 115% of DE.
    Healing: 39% of DE per stack of bleed. At 5 stacks, 195%.

So um...more damage, better debuff access, and way more healing. The disadvantage, such as it is, is that it's a slow starter, piling up 5 stacks of bleed takes 8-10 seconds, so DE is better for killing chaff that doesn't live very long. However, that's not much of a role, chaff is normally killed with AoEs.

Really, I think the healing on Thrash needs to be cut dramatically, probably by a factor of 2. That makes it a higher-damage option than r2 DE/phleb and a higher-healing option than r3 DE and gives you better buff/debuff synergies, at a price of more difficult setup, which seems like a legitimate tradeoff as opposed to one power being clearly just plain better.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Just now looked at the Predator's default costume...looks like someone was on acid when they made it lol
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

Just now looked at the Predator's default costume...looks like someone was on acid when they made it lol

LOL! Can't argue that one! I've never seen such a "colorful" werewolf...
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    kyastral said:

I'm kind of anxious to ask but, may I see a preview of it? I'm sure other Silvers would like to see a pic of it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • me too! i wanna see a technicolor werewolf too​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    kyastral said:

I just looked, it's really awful. Purple, lime green, and red? Topped off by a wolf's head?!?!?!?!

I realize the anthropomorphic crowd has kind of taken over CO. But can we not forget that this is a "Supers" game? The AT base costumes should look like classic superheroes. It might not be so bad if the color choices weren't so terrible. If the dev staff is overwhelmed, have a contest and let someone from the community submit a winning design.

We have a very talented bunch here.

But please, no neon purple and green wolves.. please.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'm sorry if I'm missunderstanding the skill, but is the advantage on bite (Rabies) working properly? I'm biting my target in single target without seeing my poison stacks being refreshed. And if it does, would Defile's poison advantage also be refreshed? None of my poisons (from other beastial/supernatural & defile's poison) are refreshing at all. Unless the advantage only works if there are multiple enemies, if it is like so, my apologies.

So to speak, it seems the primary target isnt getting their poisons refreshed, althought the advantage mentions that *all* targets hit get that effect.
    edited May 2016
    Using Wolf for the Predator AT Default costume?
    OOOOOH That's SO originalonion-30.gif
    riverocean wrote: »
    I just looked, it's really awful. Purple, lime green, and red? Topped off by a wolf's head?!?!?!?!

I realize the anthropomorphic crowd has kind of taken over CO. But can we not forget that this is a "Supers" game? The AT base costumes should look like classic superheroes. It might not be so bad if the color choices weren't so terrible. If the dev staff is overwhelmed, have a contest and let someone from the community submit a winning design.

We have a very talented bunch here.

But please, no neon purple and green wolves.. please.

I'm actually curious to see this abomination as well

Keep in mind that NOT everyone who is an Anthro fan has horrible taste in costumes and colours (im looking at you black and redders neon edgelords)

Also Anthro animals are kind part of the super hero universe​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited May 2016

kyastral said:

rofl, 'anthropomorphic crowd'. Such a PC term..

as for screens:

yea... well, it wouldn't be too bad if the colors weren't so.. radioactive? The metalwear/spikes also can't be that comfortable.. maybe that's what drives it to become Enraged.
    -
    I'm sorry if I'm missunderstanding the skill, but is the advantage on bite (Rabies) working properly? I'm biting my target in single target without seeing my poison stacks being refreshed. And if it does, would Defile's poison advantage also be refreshed? None of my poisons (from other beastial/supernatural & defile's poison) are refreshing at all. Unless the advantage only works if there are multiple enemies, if it is like so, my apologies.

So to speak, it seems the primary target isnt getting their poisons refreshed, althought the advantage mentions that *all* targets hit get that effect.
    Yea we've already pointed that out as one of the potential bugs w/ Bite. And yes, when something says 'poison refresh', it should also apply to Defile's debuff.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited May 2016
    JESUS! its as bad as the low quality abomination Sparkle Dogs I see in DeviantART
    It could use improvement, for starters those Spikes need to GO!
    Purple and Green need to be tuned down, those are the worst colour hues possible of those two colours

Its Ugly, its really Ugly (but again ALL ATs default costumes are Ugly)
    But I doubt any feedback will be taken since this may hit live today​​
  • yeah, that looks...purple and green REALLY do not go together

i'm glad none of my animal heroes look like that...they may be plain and boring in some cases, but at least none of them are eyesores like that​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited May 2016
    Well, something has a higher dislike:like ratio than the new Ghostbusters trailers, at least.

... okay, to add something more of substance:

Really, I think the healing on Thrash needs to be cut dramatically, probably by a factor of 2. That makes it a higher-damage option than r2 DE/phleb and a higher-healing option than r3 DE and gives you better buff/debuff synergies, at a price of more difficult setup, which seems like a legitimate tradeoff as opposed to one power being clearly just plain better.

Yea, I think the balancing for DE + Phleb vs. Thrash in terms of healing should be at the 4th stack of bleed where it slightly favors the latter- breaking more even around 3 stacks, which would mean Thrash is still better healing at 3 stacks of Bleed than non-Phleb DE of the same rank (closer to the mid point of 2.5 stacks). Just imo anyways.
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    first off, just to say thanks for everything so far and that we got chainsaws
    anyway a couple of suggestions...
    is it possible to have chainsaw hands?
    and now that bestial power set is revived, the claw powered set is looking under represented and feeble, any updates coming to that power-set, especially as the 2 sets complement each other
    (unrelated)
    will there ever be arcane tattoo hands and feet as I feel that those parts are needed to complete the costume set, or at least add the other material types to feet(s) (ghost, glass etc)
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User

the claw powered set is looking under represented and feeble

Yeah, especially Dragon Claws're very very feeble attack :sarcasm.
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    The costume may be a placholder... we can hope.

I actually like many of the AT default costumes. They do look like superheroes. This one seems it came out of Moreau's Lab and crashed into a Purple gang sewer ;)

• looks more like it crashed into a crayola factory...that was on fire...and exploded as soon as said crash happened​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I think the predator costume looks cool. It is supposed to be some sort of toxic beast after all. Those sorts of things generally aren't pretty.
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Just curious, but why are you guys so determined to nerf Thrash's healing component when it takes at least a full 8 seconds to get that many bleeds going? That's a huge investment in set up time. You feel it should be cut in half?

I submit that it's already pretty balanced. Especially with a Regeneration or Bestial DPS set! I feel that significant reductions will result in making Thrash an undesirable power before it's even off PTS.
This discussion has been closed.