test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160512.1 - Spider Lockbox/Predator Archetype/Bestial Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Nightmare Event
The Nightmare Event has been enabled on PTS.

Spider Lockbox
  • Added Steel Arachnid costume to the PTS store.
  • Known Issues: Currently color map choices are limited, but will have more choices in the next pts patch. The female version is currently missing a few costumes. The male back item has some clipping issues. The shoulds are missing textures on the top spike
  • Added Steel Arachnid gravbike to the PTS store.
  • Known Issues: The exhaust FX does not currently line up properly.
  • Added Mechanical Monstrosity ultimate power to the PTS store.

Items
  • Added Dripping Venom, Toxic Aura, Shadowed Aura and Radioactive Debris Aura to the PTS store.
  • Added Tech Energy and Energy Daggers to the PTS store.
  • Added Loyal Henchman: Reprogrammed Spider Unit to the PTS store
  • Reprogrammed Spider Unit has received significant increases to its attacks and can apply Negative Ions to enemies.

Archetypes
New Archetype: The Predator
Note: Costume and Icons are not in place yet and are using placeholders.

Power Progression:
  • Level 1: Bestial Fury
  • Level 1: Shred
  • Level 6: Frenzy OR Venomous Breath
  • Level 8: Pestilence
  • Level 11: Pounce
  • Level 14: Aspect of the Bestial
  • Level 17: Massacre
  • Level 21: Antagonize
  • Level 15: Supernatural Power
  • Level 30: Bite OR Thrash
  • Level 35: Masterful Dodge OR Intensity
  • Level 40: Howl OR Eviscerate

The Savage
New Power Progression:
  • Level 1: Bestial Fury
  • Level 1: Shred
  • Level 6: Frenzy
  • Level 8: Regeneration
  • Level 11: Pounce
  • Level 14: Aspect of the Bestial
  • Level 17: Massacre
  • Level 21: Antagonize
  • Level 15: Supernatural Power
  • Level 30: Howl OR Bite
  • Level 35: Resurgence OR Aggressor
  • Level 40: Devour Essence OR Thrash

Power Changes
Note: The new bestial powers DO NOT have finalized values and will likely change dramatically next pts patch. Please keep this in mind when providing feedback.
Note: FX is still being worked on for the new Bestial attacks.
Note: In-game power descriptions and tooltips are still being worked on.

New Power: Mechanical Monstrosity
Technology Ultimate
Summons a giant mechanical spider for 30 seconds that assaults your foes. This pet has increased threat generation and can snare, knock and stack poison onto foes.

New Power: Thrash
Tier 2 Bestial
Maintained attack that heals you based on the number of bleeds on your target.
Advantage: Fester. Applies a damage debuff that scales off of the number of poison stacks on your target.

New Power: Feint
Tier 1 Bestial
Quick attack that stuns.

New Power: Eviscerate
Tier 3 Bestial
On Tap: Refreshes all bleeds on the target.
On Full Charge: Ruptures all bleeds, applying Deep Wound for every one ruptured. Deep Wound is a dot that snares, ignores shielding, dodge and half of resistance. You cannot apply any bleeds while your deep wounds are on a target.

New Power: Antagonize
Block
When taking damage applies Antagonized. Antagonized increases your run speed, jump height, knock resistance and repel resistance for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
Advantage: Quills. Gives Antagonize a 15% chance to apply Bleed or Poison to nearby attacking targets.

Frenzy
New Advantage: Poison Tipped Claws. Gives Frenzy a 25% chance to apply Poison.

Resurgence
Heal is now percentage based, cannot crit and does not scale with anything.
Now buffs your Max HP for 15 seconds.

Pestilence
Now buffs Toxic and Slashing damage.
Debuffs slashing resistance on enemies by 2% for every one of your bleeds on them.
Damage dealt by this power no longer scales with any of your damage bonuses and can no longer crit.
Damage dealt by this power now ignores half of shields and half of resistance.
Note: The amount of damage the passive deals is still being worked on.

Aspect of the Bestial
Can proc when you apply Bleed or Poison.
Now has an internal cooldown of 4 seconds before it can apply a new stack of rage.

Venomous Breath
Now has a 15% chance to apply Poison.
Infectious Bile: Now increases your chance to apply poison to 50% if the target is bleeding.

Bite
No longer applies Bleed on full charge.
Damage lowered (damage/cost values not final).
On Full Charge: Ruptures all bleeds and applies a hot on you for every bleed ruptured (heal values not final).
Furor Venenum: No longer applies Rage. Instead applies Furious if your target is bleeding.
New Advantage: Rabies. Gives bite a 20% chance to apply poison. On full charge on a Poisoned Target spreads the poison to up to 5 nearby targets and refreshes all poison stacks.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​

Comments

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Is anything different with the Nightmare Invasion or is it simply back up for continued bug testing?
  • given its name, shouldn't Antagonize also increase Threat Generation since, you know...antagonize is synonymous with taunt?

and if we ever get a water powerset and a water damage type, i hope Rabies will be updated to provide a water damage resist debuff - to properly reflect the extreme hydrophobia it causes in infected individuals​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Woot! Awesome changes!
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    Finally time for some testing on my Spider homage now /o\
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    A Pestilence based AT....with more poison ... one of my favorite gaming mechanics?

This is amazing!!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Bug:
    -Trash shows as having having 4/5 adv points spend by default. This prevents any advantages to be taken on the power.
    -Antagonize R3 costs 1 adv point.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User

given its name, shouldn't Antagonize also increase Threat Generation since, you know...antagonize is synonymous with taunt?​​

I think the name concern can be solved by slightly renaming it to Antagonized since it's the player, not the NPCs, the word is applying to.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    I think the name concern can be solved by slightly renaming it to Antagonized since it's the player, not the NPCs, the word is applying to.

The stackable buff that the block can place on you is called that. Kind of like Enrage gives Enraged.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    I needed to use the ultimate unlock on each character for the Mechanical Monstrosity power. Not sure if pts related or if it is a bug.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BUGS with New Bestial;
    • Antagonize rank 3 in advantages menu lists itself as only 1 advantage point.
    • Aggressor does not grant enrage stacks with Aspect of the Bestial active. Probably unable to be fixed though.
    • Thrash says it already has 4 advantage points spent on it though I have spent 0 advantage points on the power.
    • Eviscerate is ending bleed stacks while not on a full charge, and not delivering the rupture damage. On less than a full charge it is still removing bleeds and not refreshing them as it is suppose to. The Rupture also seems to happen inconsistently even on a full charge.
    • Bite doesn't appear to rupture properly. It is removing bleed stacks but the actual Rupture is not consistent.

Suggestions for Bestial Powers;
    • Thrash might be better off as called Maul, since that is basically what you are doing with that animation (I love it to).
    • An Active Offensive click might be nice to, maybe call it Instincts, perhaps have it boost strength and recovery for a short time, and also give enrage stacks, if permissible? Aura effect using the one that Antagonize uses now.
    • Feint feels a bit too fast, like it's missing an in between. Probably not something on the fix list, but putting that out there.
    • No idea what to do with Howl in its current state as an enrage refresher.
    • Can Regeneration's tiny resistance buff be made just always on instead of on only when capped off?

Well the new powers make me happy and giddy, these are at their rawest so any comment on damage I am reserving. Now I am actually having to sit down and decide, how will I build Terra, and really really wish we could have dual builds now hehe.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    New Power: Mechanical Monstrosity
    Technology Ultimate
    Summons a giant mechanical spider for 30 seconds that assaults your foes. This pet has increased threat generation and can snare, knock and stack poison onto foes.

Could you please make alternate summons for this like the rest of summons?

Asking because I REALLY want a robot tank summon but hate spiders

Probably not the only one​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Which will be the role of the Predator AT? Hybrid or Melee Damage?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Which will be the role of the Predator AT? Hybrid or Melee Damage?

I would assume melee DPS given it uses Pestillence.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I wonder how the change in powers will affect enemy groups with bestial attacks.

Could you please make alternate summons for this like the rest of summons?

Asking because I REALLY want a robot tank summon but hate spiders

Probably not the only one​​

I concur. It would be nice if feasible but I do know that animations and release timing may be a factor. Granted, exact skin an animation will have a factor. The virtual reality spider in Fatal Error's first mission really bothers me but I'm perfectly fine with Mechanon's robotic spiders.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Instinct is a name better suited to a passive or defensive power - something like Feral Rage would be better for an active offense​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Um, unexpected side effects of Devastator changes. You can set fire to friendly NPC's
    to repeat, find an NPC that stays nearby when the fight starts. spam Cleave. the hostile Npc needs to survive a while after the third hit to get the friendly.

fireone_zps3qjps5qx.png​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    gradii said:

Please give the savage a BLOCK power?! Something like Parry or Retaliation

Antagonize is their new block.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Poor people with Arachnophobia
    Pestilence
    Now buffs Toxic and Slashing damage.
    Debuffs slashing resistance on enemies by 2% for every one of your bleeds on them.
    Damage dealt by this power no longer scales with any of your damage bonuses and can no longer crit.
    Damage dealt by this power now ignores half of shields and half of resistance.

HELLO NEW SINGLE BLADE SYNERGY!

No idea what to do with Howl in its current state as an enrage refresher.
    Can Regeneration's tiny resistance buff be made just always on instead of on only when capped off?[/color]

I second those
    Make Howl something more interesting
    and give Regenaration permantly the Resistance buff

Aggressor does not grant enrage stacks with Aspect of the Bestial active. Probably unable to be fixed though.

An Active Offensive click might be nice to, maybe call it Instincts, perhaps have it boost strength and recovery for a short time, and also give enrage stacks, if permissible? Aura effect using the one that Antagonize uses now.

The first one doesnt seem so imposible

Also more Active Offenses would be neato! variety!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    We need another enrage refresher, Howl is a little boring, the new powers looks nice!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Bug: Dripping Venom Aura/Radioactive Debris Aura/Toxic Aura - Color is not as shown in Hue Selector
    What: If Red R1C1 is selected the aura appears to color using Green R4C1, etc

Also at present Dripping Venom doesnt really feel right - blobs of color appear and drop, I guess I was expecting something more like the water drip effect when you get out of water.

Note: All below refer to a male character.

Bug: Chest Layer > Steel Arachnid - Clipping of body through back of left shoulder area of chestwear (even at default scaling)

Bug: Back > Steel Arachnid - odd deformation on lower left spike ( deformation alters with Shoulders slider)

Bug?: Hipwear > Steel Arachnid - item looks quite flat compared to styling of other pieces
    What: Could the angled lines on the front be given a more layered look like the chest wear - atm seems more like the lines are etched into the piece.

Bug: Feet > Steel Arachnid - left and right default material mismatch
    What: Unlike rest of parts which default to metal. Right foot defaults to Leather, Left Foot to
    Cloth

Bug: Shoulders > Steel Arachnid - missing from costume list: Both (available in Search, Left and Right).

Bug: Shoulders > Steel Arachnid - Missing Material Options/Default Mismatch
    What: When selected from search/Right list - no material options. Left shoulder defaults to cloth (unlike the metal of rest of set)

Bug: Shoulders > Steel Arachnid > Left - costume piece clips through front of set's own chestwear (This does not happen to the right shoulder) on default heroic stance.

Suggestion: Steel Arachnid costume pieces Channel 1 and 2 - Add Glow (These appear to generally be the etched/recessed areas which on other sets would be lights)

Suggestions: Back > Steel Arachnid - Please add alternate version of this which has the spikes lower/further appear - back of shoulder rather than lower neck/centre of back
    ​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
    edited May 2016
    Can someone post Screenshot of the Steel Arachnid costume please?
    Im curious to see how it trasnlate ingame

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks Iron my Man! <3
    More people need to use Steam's broadcasting feature for CO
    XlgcgQQ.jpg

Here is the original artwork for the Costume for everyone who wants to compare
    Block
    When taking damage applies Antagonized. Antagonized increases your run speed, jump height, knock resistance and repel resistance for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
    Advantage: Quills. Gives Antagonize a 15% chance to apply Bleed or Poison to nearby attacking targets.

YES! MORE BLOCK VARIETY! All powerframes need their thematic blocks <3​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ironman12348ironman12348 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Block

When taking damage applies Antagonized. Antagonized increases your run speed. Run Speed. RUN SPEED.​​
    Yes, I'm going to buy sub again just to give that to my speedster!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

I am so HYPED for this patch!!
    These powers will fit my characters well. Can't wait for this to come! Yay for Ruptures! xD
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Will we get a Free/Forced Retcon for Bestial Builds when this goes live? not only cause of Costs but I've got a few Bestial builds(And others) and I would like to experiment which powers would define them better.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Question/bug report.
    Ranking up Mechanic Monstrosity seems to do nothing...anybody else confirm?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Please provide a retcon with this patch. My FF bestial tank character has Bite as their sole bleed inducer to stack enrage. I love the new changes, but they do necessitate a rebuild. Thanks for the consideration.
    Suggestion:
    Add different (more drab) color options for Mechanical Monstrosity, not everone might like the neon colors.
    edited May 2016
    Pet Ultimate, thats a new
    aiqa wrote: »
    Suggestion:
    Add different (more drab) color options for Mechanical Monstrosity, not everone might like the neon colors.

2363b4047a3d2a1cbe798381df134962.png
    (posting other people screenshots again)
    Eww Purple and Neon Green! Is this Evangelion?
    GET IN THE FREAKING ROBOT SHINJI​​
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Bite not applying bleed makes bite a lot less useful for a beastial build. Massacre is the better charge up power in the set.
    edited May 2016
    Bug:
    -Trash (like other life steal attacks) can apply Brilliance (PRE spec) to your target.
    -Eviscerate breaks your own back when used in flight.
    Post edited by aiqa on
    edited May 2016
    draogn wrote: »
    Bite not applying bleed makes bite a lot less useful for a beastial build. Massacre is the better charge up power in the set.

Bite is becoming Bleed Rapture which gives you a Healing over Time
    How is that LESS useful?​​
    edited May 2016
    Bug:
    -The actual color on Radioactive Debris Aura is about 3 rows under the color you pick.
    -Antagonize with in-combat flight speed is using a walking animation.
    -Bite + Rabies does not refresh poison
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    There are lots of other heals, especially now. Having Bite reliably stack enrage was extremely useful. I think that's what he means.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    avianos said:

draogn wrote: »

Bite is becoming Bleed Rapture which gives you a Healing over Time

How is that LESS useful?​​

Aside from aspect of the beast requiring bleeds and it doing less damage? I'd rather spend the charge time on massacre or a few more shreds.
  • bodehn#5025 bodehn Posts: 13 Arc User
    Maybe allow the Steel Arachnid set to have glows enabled for the obvious places? That'd make the set five times better on my books.
    Suggestion:
    Add a Furious refresh to bite.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    New Block looks awesome! I took a screenshot:

Once the hue becomes adjustable and the other kinks are worked out, I can definitely see myself using it.

Note: Anatagonize's description is a bit too transparent atm, contains a lot of information.

EDIT: Redsnake had no business here. >_>
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hmm.. The Elysium Coin Pack is only at 100. Will there be a patch to bump it up to 1000 like the rest of them are?

Update: Elysium's Store currency limit is at 800. Is this in error or as intended?
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    1. MonstroSITY.
    2. Antagonize needs colourability
    3. Antagonize description has "ressitance" and then "resistance" in there, in the MAINTAIN desc field
    Looking for more stuff.
    Antagonize rank2 is falsely 1pt.
    Antagonize Quills should be 3pt like Ebon Void's and Parry's advs.
    Holy Water only lasts 10s while its cooldown is 20.
    I would like to suggest scaling it so that it can be used at least on cooldown or even make it stack something that could maybe be ruptured for a large spike heal/damage.

Further suggestion:
    Energy Unlock: Reverence. You gain energy every time a hostile target affected by illuminate takes dimensional damage, or a friendly target affected by Illuminate gains health.

• theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Suggestion: For the Steel Arachnid costume, could we get the bracers without the claw on them as a variant? Could we also have the neck of the Steel Arachnid head a separate color from the head?
    Post edited by theultimax on
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    The Predator AT is scarily similar to the build I run on my lizard Kyrin... the new powers and advantage are certainly going to make keeping all her poison and bleed stacks up so much easier too... I'm so looking forward to these changes going live and updating her build with the new powers and advantages...

I've tested a few of the powers as well and noticed a bug... the new Antagonize buff from the new block when paired with Acrobatics will actually reduce your jump height... in combat before gaining the buff I am able to jump approximately 30% higher than I can with the buff. Normally in combat with r1 acrobatics you can jump from the ground up to the top of the corner platforms in the battle station, but with even 1 stack of the antagonize buff this is nolonger the case.

Thrash appears to have it's advantage points locked for some reason... when I went to add advantage points to the powers it was already locked at 4/5 with no advantages actually selected for it.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited May 2016
    Bug:
    Toxic Aura cannot be recolored, all hues result in the default green

Bug:
    Dripping Venom Aura uses hues 3 rows below the selected

Bug: Radioactive Debris Aura uses hues 3 rows below the selected
    jniKqKJ.png
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    raighn said:

The Predator AT is scarily similar to the build I run on my lizard Kyrin... the new powers and advantage are certainly going to make keeping all her poison and bleed stacks up so much easier too..

Raighn. I remember your Kyrin build. We talked about it in my Pestilence thread. Maybe the devs will give that look over for some ideas.

My Predator Feedback:

Pros: It's an aoe powerhouse quite frankly. The bestial powers, Pestilence, and the bleed + poison interactions are quite nasty. I love it. He even ticks damage while blocking with the "Quills" Advantage + Pestilence. There are some issues with new powers but they've been adequately pointed out by others. The elemental resists inherent in Pestilence might prove very useful for Cosmics (Fire, Cold, Toxic). Masterful dodge is a very useful AD.

Cons: The predator is squishy. Really squishy for an AT that's going to live in melee. It has no crushing or physical damage resistance of any kind. Also no CON. Weird for a melee fighter IMHO. Also, I couldn't get Bite's heal to tick at all. I checked my combat log and couldn't find any evidence that it worked. But that could be user error (i.e me). I really wanted a little more physical toughness out of this AT.

Wishes: Honestly, I wish Quills was it's own power. Very similar to Cosmic Teliosaur's spine burst - obviously not as strong but a similar animation. I also wish that the Predator had a more reliable self heal, like Devour Essence.. or that the self heal from bite ticked more often and healed more intensely.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited May 2016

Wishes: Honestly, I wish Quills was it's own power. Very similar to Cosmic Teliosaur's spine burst - obviously not as strong but a similar animation. I also wish that the Predator had a more reliable self heal, like Devour Essence.. or that the self heal from bite ticked more often and healed more intensely.

Try out Thrash... though it's advantages seem to be locked atm it's certainly more in line with DE as a self heal...
    jniKqKJ.png
This discussion has been closed.