test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help w/ Void AT

ztarztormerztarztormer Posts: 33 Arc User
It's been a little over a year since I've last played and I do like many of the changes that have been made since last year.

I have a tendency to start out new toons as an AT before converting to Freeform later levels just for fun. My plan was to make a Darkness toon and start it out as a Void. I saw that it got revamped power and stats and thought it would be interesting. But there are some issues too:

I have another AoED sorcery toon with EGO/Con/Pre and it plays beautifully, but here it seems clunky. The PRE seems to be there to boost AoED for teammates, but since Void is stuck in Hybrid the team buff is gonna be poor regardless. PRE SS also means no more END SS. Fortunately Spirit reverb scales with CON, but until then energy management is very poor. I can barely capitalize on Ebon Ruin being earlier bc I barely have enough starting equilibrium for a tap let alone a charge. Furthermore it seems they're trying to make the Void a semi-healer like Grimoire (what with its PRE SS and option for AoED) and yet its only heals for allies are advantages on other attacks. An AoED support build is definitely possible, but I feel like it should a separate AT from the Void, which seemed to be an excellent pseudo-tank.

Granted, I could easily re-train and make a freeform Void like it used to be but in the interest of helping out Silvers who only have the option for AT, what's a good way to make new Void viable?

Comments

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    The new Void setup is capable of several build options...

Check out the Void guide on the NPW forums:

http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3349/void-guide-2
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Its a great guide for the revised AT. I'd prob go w/ not1step's build for dps, yea. Alternating between SBlast and ERuin for Avenger's Preemptive Strike is effective for the spec setup given to the AT, and also helps w/ energy (you'd have quite more energy issues just spamming ERuin, despite its 'on paper' higher dps).

As far as Lifedrain vs. Summon Shadows: if ya think ya can do w/o the more on-demand healing from LDrain, then yea the Shadows can squeeze out a bit more dps. Like some other options, it'll just come down to ur own priorities.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    ztarztormerztarztormer Posts: 33 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Its a great guide for the revised AT. I'd prob go w/ not1step's build for dps, yea. Alternating between SBlast and ERuin for Avenger's Preemptive Strike is effective for the spec setup given to the AT, and also helps w/ energy (you'd have quite more energy issues just spamming ERuin, despite its 'on paper' higher dps).

As far as Lifedrain vs. Summon Shadows: if ya think ya can do w/o the more on-demand healing from LDrain, then yea the Shadows can squeeze out a bit more dps. Like some other options, it'll just come down to ur own priorities.

Thx for the input guys ^_^

While I do love the idea of Summon Shadows, I do suppose Lifedrain would be more effective for healing purposes, especially since they nerfed the Ebon block (3 points for half the defense stacks, I am v upset :neutral: ).

Besides like I said I'll probably just wind up re-training into Freeform and go for EGO/Con/End, and then I can take Shadows as extra power.

But until then I'll go on Test and see how cris and not1step's builds operate at 30/40.