test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/5/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2016 in Release Notes
Cosmic Giant Monster Revamp
Cosmics have been revamped to make them challenging for 20+ players.

We are also launching a Cosmic Week event. During this event Cosmic Giant Monsters will respawn twice as quickly and drop extra Gold and Silver recognition as well as the chance for other rare items. Visit UNTIL Liaison Irwin in the Renaissance Center to get some info on the new monstrous threats!

Cosmic Giant Monster Changes
  • Teleiosaurus, Qwyjibo and Kigatilik are now open missions.
  • Scoring for these missions is based on damage dealt, healing and damage taken from specific damage types.
  • A minimum point threshold is in place in order to obtain rewards.
  • After defeating any of the cosmic monsters 3 times within a 20 hour span their Gold and Silver recognition reward will go on cooldown for 20 hours and their questionite reward will decay to 1500 for 20 hours.
  • The respawn time for these open missions is 4 hours.
  • New perks have been added for the Cosmic Giant Monsters for 1, 10 and 50 defeats.

Teleiosaurus

HP increased.
Now plays graphical area tells when she uses Toxic Stomp, Deafening Roar and Spike Detonation.

Radiation Breath
  • Damage increased.
  • 200ft radius 135ft range Cone.
  • No target cap.
  • Unaffected by line of sight.
  • Radiation Breath's cone will no longer angle to its target, it now fires in a straight line.
  • If you do not block Radiation Breath you will receive a resistance, dodge, health and heal debuff.

Spike Detonation
  • Damage increased.
  • Damage type changed to particle.
  • 150ft sphere.
  • No target cap.
  • If you do not block Spike Detonation you will receive a dot that takes off 20% of your health every 2 seconds and removes all heal over time effects on you. Lasts 10 seconds.

Deafening Roar
  • 150ft sphere.
  • No target cap.

New Power: Venomous Blast
  • 200ft range 20ft radius sphere.
  • This deals heavy damage but can be split among 3 players.
  • Removes travel powers.

Hungry Maw
  • 20ft Sphere.
  • Damage increased.
  • Like Venomous Blast the damage can be split among 3 players.

Radioactive Rebuilding
  • The amount of damage needed to stop Teleiosaurus's Radioactive Rebuilding power has been greatly increased.

Crushing Swipe
  • Damage increased.
  • 90 degree 60ft range cone.
  • No target cap.
  • Knocks back.

Call Child
  • At 2/3 life Teleiosaurus will summon a Hatchling to aid her. This Hatchling has similar abilities.
  • If the Hatchling strays from Teleiosaurus, Teleiosaurus's damage output will rise.
  • If the Hatchling gets too far, Teleiosauru's attacks will start to cut through dodge and resistance.

Kigatilik
Now level 40. Tough tag removed.
HP Increased.

Cold of the Frost Tomb
  • Passive.
  • As Kigatilik's health decreases deals continuous damage while you are nearby Kigatilik.

Life Steal
  • This power will only trigger off players he defeats instead of anything he defeats.

Reanimate Hound
  • Kigatilik will now resurrect his hounds from afar.

Freezing Gale
  • 135ft range 60ft radius cone.
  • Increased damage.
  • Does not affect Kigatilik's primary target.
  • Reduces max hit points.
  • Reduces max energy.
  • Reduces perception.
  • Freezing Gale's cone will no longer angle to its target, it now fires in a straight line.

New Power: Snow Storm
  • 300ft pbaoe.
  • Ignores Line of Sight.
  • Reduces perception.

Ice Shards
  • Increased Damage.
  • 200 ft range.
  • Ignores Line of Sight.

Ice Blast
  • Increased damage.
  • 200 ft range 25 ft sphere.
  • Ignores Line of Sight.
  • Damage can be split among 3 players.

Curse of Kigatilik
  • This ability now traps players in a ice cage. If the cage is not broken within 10 seconds all players within 50ft of the cage will be defeated.

Frost Hounds
Can now fly.
Are immune to knock and Confuse, but vulnerable to holds.

Ice Fang
  • Increased damage.
  • 10ft sphere attack.
  • Applies a stacking snare.
  • Damage can be split among 2 people.

Frost Breath
  • Increased Damage.
  • 60 degree 60 ft range cone.
  • Applies a debuff that reduces healing output.

Lunge
  • Increased range.
  • Increased damage.
  • Removes travel powers.
  • Roots.

New Power: Icicle Shard
  • 200 ft range attack.

New Power: Chilling Howl
  • 50ft Sphere attack.
  • Increases damage of nearby allies.
  • Reduces damage of nearby players.
  • Stacks up to 25 times.
  • For every stack of Chilling Howl on Kigatilik and his hounds, their attacks will ignore a portion of damage resistance and dodge.
  • Wakes up any other hounds nearby.

Qwyjibo
HP Increased.
Qwyjibo's attacks now grant knock resistance.

Calls The Mountain
  • Now have graphical tells.
  • Leave behind lava pits wherever players are standing.
  • These pits deal heavy damage and are delayed about 2 seconds after Qwyjibo uses his attack.
  • These pits linger for about 15 seconds.

New Power: Fire Heart
  • When Qwyjibo dips below 66% health, he can summon 3 fiery constructs that will heal him for 1% health each every 4.5 seconds.
  • When they initially spawn their healing is delayed by 10 seconds.
  • They can be destroyed and are affected by holds.

Fire Breath
  • Qwyjibo's fire breath now leaves behind lava pits. These pits linger for about 15 seconds.

Smash
  • Damage increased.
  • The damage on these attacks can be split among 3 people.

---
ZEN Store
  • Added Zhuyin as a new sidekick to the ZEN store.
  • Zhuyin is a majestic dragon who uses Celestial and Fire abilities.
  • He is DPS focused and can apply Illumination and Clinging Flames to enemies.
  • The permanent version of Zhuyin also comes packaged with the Celestial Dragon costume piece.
  • Updated the aura item descriptions to make them more clear what they are.
  • Petal Cloud and Autumn Leaves auras are now bind to account on equip and can be traded.
  • Added single versions of Psi Eye, Sharp Eyes, Smoke Eyes, Sparkle Eyes and Streak Eyes auras. These single versions are bind to account on equip and can be traded.

Vendors
  • Fixed a bug where items that required perks to purchase now correctly display the perk without needing to hover over the item.
  • Stores now display the currency they use as an icon on the bottom bar.
  • Removed the sales vendor next to Defender as you can sell items to Karneeki now.
  • Added Aftershock adventure pack costumes to the PRIMUS vendor.
  • Added perk requirements to many of the items sold in the Gold Champion Recognition vendor.
  • Added the following costumes to the Gold Champions Recognition vendor: Kigatilik Back, Kigatilik Head, Kigatilik Hooves, Raptors Heads, Raptor Hands, Loincloth, Bone Hip Armor.
  • Added the following Action Figures to the Gold Champions Recognition vendor: Kigatilik, Frost Hounds, Qwyjibo, Teleiosaurus.
  • Added the following mods to the Gold Champions Recognition vendor: Toxic Resistance, Fire Resistance, Cold Resistance, Fire Offense damage, Ice Offense damage, Bestial Offense damage.
  • Added the following gear to the Gold Champions Recognition vendor: Cosmic Fang of Wrath, Cosmic Talons of Wrath, Cosmic Vision of Wrath.
  • Added the power Hydra to the Gold Champions Recognition vendor.
  • Added additional costumes to the Rare Costume store in the Silver Champion Recognition vendor. These costumes are available elsewhere in game but now have the option to be purchased for a large sum of SCR.
  • Added Betta Exocet to the Questionite store. Known issue: This vehicle cannot currently be upgraded.

Costumes
  • Added Huge and Huge Beast stances to females.
  • Fixed a bug where one of the male tech blade claws did not have access to leather and metal materials.
  • Added Krampus Fur as an option for Foot Accessories. Players who own the Krampus set should have this unlocked.

Power Changes
  • New Power: Hydra
    Added new Hydra power unlock to the Gold Champion Recognition vendor. This power is part of the fire framework and summons fiery hydra heads to attack your enemies. The number of heads summoned increases with rank as well as the damage their flaming pit they emerge from deals.
  • Fixed a bug where Howl was not tagged for Supernatural Power.
  • Fixed a bug where Conflagration was not tagged as fire offense.
  • Fixed a bug where Soul Vortex and Ebon Rift ignored repel resistance.
  • Fixed Mental Leech's and Shadow of Doubt's descriptions so they don't state they interrupt. This is just a description change.
  • Updated Backhand Chop and Power Gauntlet to state what enemy ranks they cannot interrupt. This is just a description change.
  • Sub Zero Cellblock can no longer interrupt Supervillains, Legendaries and Cosmics.
  • Experimental Blaster's knock can no longer knock immune targets.
  • Fixed a bug where Lifedrain's R1 fx was not using the correct FX.
  • Fixed a bug with Kinetic Darts that allowed them to proc Concentration stacks.
  • Fixed a bug where the U238 rounds debuff was not stacking up to 3 per player.
  • Fixed a bug where the Chained Kunai advantage was playing the wrong FX.
  • Reduced the amount of rocks Cave In creates to help with performance.
  • Removed the FX that plays when you are affected by the Mend ability from Illumination to help with performance.

Lockbox Loyalty Reward Program
  • Lockbox Stamps have been discontinued.
  • The button will no longer display in the menu nor will the costumes appear as purchasable in the tailor.
  • The costumes they granted have been moved to the Collector Store and can be purchased with a Purple Costume A Voucher.

Misc
  • Questionite Box drops from enemies will now go on cooldown for 20 hours after a player acquires 15 boxes within 20 hours.
  • Fixed a bug where the Prankster Perk title was not actually granting a title from the Toy Master's title redemption store.
  • Changed the loading screen.
  • Onslaught Targets will now only respawn after waiting their allotted respawn time and only after defeating their entire spawn.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    kaizerin said:

Onslaught Targets will now only respawn after waiting their allotted respawn time and only after defeating their entire spawn.
    ​​

Congratulations, you made onslaught go from a annoying grind that only a few people bothered with to a mind-numbing task that even less people will bother with now.... oh and it gets worse, with this decition, if an OV player decieds to go about and just whipe out the defneders at each station becasue the new change is..stupid, it means when the next OV comes along there will be absoutly 0 defenders avaiable for them...

cuz you know "screw the PvE people"
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    well I cant agree that this is a good move , that has virtually killed onslaught for a lot , it was possible to manage with the targets alone ( for those of us who wish to be heroic and not smash down the heros ),then they would give up gardian points for players once they got their daily , so I guess even more people will be standing around in rencenter as OV's gang up and mass gank any hero foolish enough to try to stop them or going after soft targets like anything with the seraphim aura that goes near the fight or just leaping into an aoe to grab a tag , yes it all still goes on , and if you don't want to participate there is no off switch to this still

* waits for the usual forum venom to attack *
    I don't post often on the forums because of the horrible snarky responses that are usually left to anyone who tries to comment
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Onslaught Targets will now only respawn after waiting their allotted respawn time and only after defeating their entire spawn.
    ​​
    Blarg. That basically means it's impractical to do Onslaught unless people are willing to engage you -- which, because of how Guardian Tokens work, is somewhat pointless unless there are a lot of people doing it.
  • tykunetykune Posts: 70 Arc User
    I'm starting to question the intelligence of the people making these decisions.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    notyuu said:

kaizerin said:

​​

Congratulations, you made onslaught go from a annoying grind that only a few people bothered with to a mind-numbing task that even less people will bother with now.... oh and it gets worse, with this decition, if an OV player decieds to go about and just whipe out the defneders at each station becasue the new change is..stupid, it means when the next OV comes along there will be absoutly 0 defenders avaiable for them...

cuz you know "screw the PvE people"
    Yes Screw those even trying as well, cause like Heroics, more Grinding and Time Sinks,
    I have a suggestion, make the Onslaught Targets Inactive/Invalid Targets til the soldiers are defeated then the Armour 'Activates' and you can engage? that way you can't exploit Targets by leaving the Spawn behind and defeating OT.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Getting players to attack you as an OSV, and going to the trouble of defeating players as an OSV has always been the less attractive option, not only due to the reward but the whole process...and now UNTIL Defenders have been adjusted as well?

Unless there is a plan to put a higher amount of UNTIL Defenders OR to increase the token reward for UNTIL Defenders + Their Group....this is an unnecessary adjustment.

With this additional requirement...I'd suggest that taking out UNTIL Defenders + friends = 10 VT. Since it's additional time spent killing and wasting time as an OSV.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    So exactly what is the 'minimum point threshold' for this event? I am not online to check it but already hearing from friends not being able to get the reward. They have said they died a few times so there were times of them running back to the boss to continue the fight and is using a healer build. Also they were there for almost all of the fight as well so they should of gained plenty of points to receive a reward.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    The open mission reward location is not off of the boss. For Teleiosaurus it's nearby the Slither Beach spawn point. Unfortunately chat was taken down so this was unable to be communicated.

We'll try to implement a better godbeam to alert players to where the reward is.​​
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The open mission reward location is not off of the boss. For Teleiosaurus it's nearby the Slither Beach spawn point. Unfortunately chat was taken down so this was unable to be communicated.

We'll try to implement a better godbeam to alert players to where the reward is.​​

I passed on the info to them and they got the reward now, but they did not receive the perk for some reason and no mission progress either.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Can we get an example of how the Raptor Heads look like in their respective order? The icon in the GCR vendor doesn't help.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Kigatilik is basically immortal with all of these players bringing all these pet characters that constantly just keep him healed to max. Let alone the people that are just throwing themselves at him.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    drgmstr said:

kaizerin said:

I passed on the info to them and they got the reward now, but they did not receive the perk for some reason and no mission progress either.
    So I just got screwed out of any real Rewards then, great!

The only things I got out of that were 2 Perks & a Headache.

Everyone involved should get the actual Reward immediatly put in there inventory or maybe a Dev Token for everyone or heck, give everyone involved a few Keys, something too justify this 'experience'. This needs too be drastically readjusted & I'm sure what ever the Reward was, that it's not nearly enough too make this migrane worth it.

Listen too the Players Cryptic. Heck, make me an Employee. I know how this Game should work.
    Yeah, as a healer, none of the daily mission rewards counted for me.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
    nbkxs said:

Kigatilik is basically immortal with all of these players bringing all these pet characters that constantly just keep him healed to max. Let alone the people that are just throwing themselves at him.​​

Pets are not supposed to give him healing. Unless, of course, the petmaster blows up.
    nbkxs said:

Yeah, as a healer, none of the daily mission rewards counted for me.​​

If it's a 'Defeat' requirement rather than a 'Complete open mission' requirement you have to do damage ;(
    Nah, I was watching, every pet he killed, and there were dozens of them, was healing him. We almost had him until that happened, but as long as pets are there, he's immortal.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    *Launches Cosmic Revamp with new mechanics.*

[System Message] Global Chat Server is Offline.

:neutral:

Here's hoping it's up sooner rather than later X_X
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

*Launches Cosmic Revamp with new mechanics.*

[System Message] Global Chat Server is Offline.

:neutral:

Here's hoping it's up sooner rather than later X_X

Well, its up now.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    Darn, I was so close to never having to do ONS again... Now it'll be several more days of even more tedious grinding. Why not just remove the whole thing until you can make it into some sort of actual arena based PvP mode with Hero clones vs. Baddie clones that's actually a form of balanced PvP? Seriously, it's been on the verge of death since less than a month after it came out.

Snark never dies.
  • remiel8remiel8 Posts: 7 Arc User
    one of the worst updates ever, this game is starting to piss me off.
    As an OV i killed four sets or onslaught defenders with retinue of associated unlucky soldiers then timed out with the respawns,
    So if I did the mission I would need heros throwing themselves at me while I did this to be squished ( thank you very much ) while I stomp the defenders which is unlikely as they don't gather around the mission spots, or try to get the remaining seven kills in the short time remaining on the timer ,

Or is this mission now intended to be completed over two days or more?
  • hugoguerrerohugoguerrero Posts: 27 Arc User
    I just give up on this ov stuff, it was annoying before and now it's almost impossible because nobody ever engage any ov,i used to farm this when there was NOTHING to do between 3:00am - 6:00am because of low popullation, I was about to take a break from Rampages just to start farming ov secondaries, and now, well, to be honest I love the game but screw this,i DO have several ov secondaries on different chars, i just wanted Justice and onslaughts sets for all my chars but im not spending more than 10 days just to get a single piece on one char,im REALLY dissapointed on this update, i was reading the patch notes really exited about the cosmic stuff, and suddenly you just shot me in the face with this Onslaught Targets "Fix", ,on the other hand I'm happy because Overwatch is about to launch so I can finally stop playing this.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    And yet another nerf to q boxes. Reducing the cost of merc gear doesn't do a lot of good if the ability to earn Q is also reduced.
    edited May 2016
    im curious it says cool down of 20 hours after 15 Q boxes for a PLAYER is this account or character , its seems poorly worded to me , could you please be a little more specific
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Wow. Just wow.
    The change to the UNTIL Defenders kinda means an end to OV stuff for me. Glad I got some of the rewards already.

I know that rewards that come too fast, too easily, are a problem. You've gone too far the other way.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    draogn said:

And yet another nerf to q boxes. Reducing the cost of merc gear doesn't do a lot of good if the ability to earn Q is also reduced.

Exactly. Players will now have to figure out what is more important to accomplish in order to stay under the 15 q boxes a day. I can only assume that the devs want us to obtain q via lockbox crates more than farming for it.
    edited May 2016
    kyastral said:

Exactly. Players will now have to figure out what is more important to accomplish in order to stay under the 15 q boxes a day.

To be fair, other than repeat farming of bosses that drop q boxes, getting more than 15 boxes in a day is going to be a pretty rare occurrence. I don't think I've gotten more than 15 in a day since Blood Moon (ed: no, I'm wrong; I got more than 15 when I was farming Mechaniste for his back).
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I kinda doubt most people farm up 15+ q-boxes per day. So, essentially, this is something most people have no reason to give a toss about.

The Villain daily was boring before and is still boring after the change. Unfortunately, now it'll just be more tedious since I have to slowly walk to several different targets and hope they haven't been killed yet so I don't have to pick up another villain token to slowly wander around again.

PS: You know what would be super? Being able to convert my thousands of useless guardian tokens into villain tokens. I might actually be bothered to attack Onslaught Villains if I knew I could magic my worthless tokens into useful ones. Everyone wins. People who like being glorified become devices get tokens and people who actually like playing the character they created get tokens that can be made useful.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    "Lockbox Stamps have been discontinued."

Well that's sad. I opened 9 crates thanks to that loyalty program. Guess it's time to sell off my remaining keys.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    They should state what the precise minimums are for getting credit for taking on the cosmics. This is something players should know.

I think the OV change shows that the devs realize that they failed in its initial implementation and that they don't have the inclination to revisit old-recent content additions and fix it. The "solution" is to make it unworkable so that players abandon and forget about it as a way to get end game gear and move on to the new epic stuff.

I guess the main way to get villain tokens now will be through player collusion. I.e. players will keep 1 level 6 around. When someone needs VTs they will send out a call to like-minded players to meet on the roof of Mercy hospital with their level 6s. The OV can then quickly slaughter lots of friends because they will respawn at the base of the hospital and can quickly fly up to die again. Should be able to get hundreds of tokens this way in 15 minutes, until they "fix"it once more.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    I loved the lockbox stamps thing, havent bothered opening some box series without them.

Seems like a bad business move.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Wow, alright then, I can officially say this:

PWE has screwed up, big time, huge amount of players are very upset about the changes made, and quite frankly i've lost 1 and even possibility 2 good close friends due to this stupid act that PWE has made. While I'm not a fan of grinding as a general rule in MMO games: Warframe/CO/Overwtach, etc.

However some games, like Warframe are and can be tolerable, but even then the grind can get stupidly over the border, but now lately I've been seening, the 2 games that I love playing CO & Warframe get thrown under the bus, and for what?. Money or just the satisfaction of watching the community tear it self apart, turn on each other and overall get down right depressed so much, that they are unable to play your games, and in result, ends off, your games not bringing in money.

I've burned out on Warframe, due to the grind is stupidly getting higher, and for other personal reasons as well, but for CO I've never really bothered with the grinding, in this game, unless I really want to. (Leveling, getting costumes I want, I can't buy, etc), but now due to the over-priced items, in here, I can not. Even if I have the most free time in my family.

But now?, I am in the brink of losing all I worked for, all I loved and cherished in CO, including close friends be taken away from me, because of simple but stupid changes like this & all I ask is why?.

There is no point in dare, trying to qeastion any of the devs, because some Mod or one of the Devs, will just come here and remove our comments, because it "Offends them", why?, because we're saying what is true, and no one can handle the truth?

So, all in all, thanks for this PWE, thank you, so much for possibility destroying the game, and friendships

Psi.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    remiel8 said:

one of the worst updates ever, this game is starting to piss me off.

Not going to lie, this comment made me laugh, Why?

Cuz I imaginationed the joker saying this himself: This has to he the most, WORST updates ever!, its like madness!, it jsut takes a little push!, and it starts to piss me off *Joker laughter* WHY SO SERIOUS?
    Psi.
    edited May 2016

Can we get an example of how the Raptor Heads look like in their respective order? The icon in the GCR vendor doesn't help.

Tested on PTS for a Variant, This is Raptor 1, I liked this one most of all.

From the Side, Your welcome.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • huntajack1334huntajack1334 Posts: 37 Arc User

They should state what the precise minimums are for getting credit for taking on the cosmics. This is something players should know.

I think the OV change shows that the devs realize that they failed in its initial implementation and that they don't have the inclination to revisit old-recent content additions and fix it. The "solution" is to make it unworkable so that players abandon and forget about it as a way to get end game gear and move on to the new epic stuff.

I guess the main way to get villain tokens now will be through player collusion. I.e. players will keep 1 level 6 around. When someone needs VTs they will send out a call to like-minded players to meet on the roof of Mercy hospital with their level 6s. The OV can then quickly slaughter lots of friends because they will respawn at the base of the hospital and can quickly fly up to die again. Should be able to get hundreds of tokens this way in 15 minutes, until they "fix"it once more.

You are terrifyingly right, as I already began to do this with a friend of mine on day one of this new patch.

The OV changes are bad and simply put are being abused, people just kill that one UNTIL dude in power armor and leave the rest. Ruining this for everyone else since the additional guards don't drop ... tokens ... which if they did would make it all good again ... but they don't.

From what I have gathered of the cosmic's seen for myself, and experienced already the changes are .... not properly tested. Teleiosaures for examples has what I like to call Crazy Ivan moments. Due to players spamming him everywhere with crippling challange he keeps spinning about dealing damage to everyone around him.
    Another problem is indeed the ridiciouls numeric values, a guy I met pointed out an intresting flaw in cryptics desire to keep increasing damages : "The damage keeps going up ... yet the defensive ability's are not touched."

The only real good change I have seen is that their open missions now, which these cosmics should've been from the start. Which is really concerning given how long it took for them to do this.
    I firmly believe the changes should be mostly reverted cept for the open mission part, because the way these cosmics work is just more spammy and overpower than actual challange. I am sure everyone here has heard the complaint : "Came in didn't see him and suddenly died." How does that work!?

If anything this has shown more people should be allowed on the PTS to test these things out. In part because PTS populations are ussualy to low for subscribers to test out these things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is but one generation, a good name is FOREVER!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User

If anything this has shown more people should be allowed on the PTS to test these things out. In part because PTS populations are ussualy to low for subscribers to test out these things.

and most playerbase are Gold or silver?
    ugh doesnt matter at the end, people who pay are the gold ones...
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Everything was fine and dandy until I read THIS monstrocity than not even the Ressurection of Jesus Christ can help me get over it
    So much for Easter holidays
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc

[*] Onslaught Targets will now only respawn after waiting their allotted respawn time and only after defeating their entire spawn.
    [/list]
    STOP
    STOP RIGHT THERE
    YOU BLEW IT
    YOU FINALLY PUT THE NAIL TO OSV COFFIN

I Understand fixing the OSV Defenders to not respawn instantly out of range but now you are FORCING the players to kill them all

What you just did was to give GRIEFING tools to random troll/deckweeds who will kill all the defenders on the map and leave an entire map without them
    Zone 1 can basically have a non-defender period for a non week

This is Terrible, takes your players feedback seriously! because you freaking BLEW IT

OS Defenders drop villain coins to help people who HATE PVP get their gear via PVE
    NOw you are screwing OVER this PvE aspect with the stupid spawn penalty
    I just inspected zone #2, the majority of OSV Target points are WITHOUT Guards with just the useless Until soldiers​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I wouldn't even say it needs to be griefers... Just people who didn't bother killing them. A system where they don't respawn at all unless the soldiers are KOed means that it's fundamentally unbalanced and eventually only people who intentionally wipe the soldiers will be able to trigger them to respawn. without that eventually there will be zero targets left.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    So this OV respawn change...

Since the change was made, there are too many players killing the Defenders and leaving the rest of the spawn. Two days in a row I have found the ENTIRE MC map in EVERY instance cleared of defenders with the rest of the spawn left alone.

This change has turned a "daily" into a "once-every-two-to-three-days" change. Not to mention, the player-base is dwindling, making it more and more difficult to get villain tokens by defeating players and sometimes days go by before I see an OV to try and get guardian tokens. As far as I am concerned the already drawn-out process of collecting tokens has turned into an absolutely non-rewarding experience. A possible solution is to make each entire spawn worth five tokens instead of just making the defender alone worth five.

The addition of TA, and the changes to Giant Monsters are welcomed but would have been much much better if implemented five years ago when there were enough people playing the game to get groups regularly.

Who's making these decisions? Get your head out of your behind. How is shrinking the already small player base going to make PWE more money?

While I was happy enough to buy a LTS, I really should have looked at how many people are playing this game today. I enjoy upgrading gear but when it becomes an incredibly long and drawn out process (months and months) then I spend all my game time grinding instead of enjoying the game. If I was gold I would cancel my subscription.

Post edited by mcgarnackle on
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Q-box nerf sort of sucks... I have not reached 15 actual Q boxes looted, but stopped getting any. I can only guess that some other source is counting against the 15 box cap, such as mission rewards of questionite.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hmm... maybe those missions actually give you a box that auto-opens? Try collecting one with a full inventory to see what happens.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Mission rewards continue to give Q, so missions are not actually giving a q-box (or that would cease at the same time bosses stop dropping Q-boxes), but my suspicion is that those mission rewards are counting against the daily Q-box drop, possibly because the tally is looking at Q-ore increases, not actual Q-box pick-ups.

I figure I was cheated out of 600-4500 Q-ore (3 boxes) because of this bug or improperly documented feature. Not a massive ammount, but if this is going to be an ongoing issue, it will add up.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Sometimes I read stuff like this and wonder if the devs even play games.

Sometimes I read stuff like this and wonder if the devs even play games.

Business, what else?
    . . .
    DELETE!

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Fixed a bug where the Prankster Perk title was not actually granting a title from the Toy Master's title redemption store.

Melissa finally got the Prankster Perk!
    Thank you~ onion-24.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • djwinzadjwinza Posts: 60 Arc User
    BUG!

Chilled Form takes it's initial casting cost every second.
    Power(s): Chilled Form, all ranks.
    Archetype affected: Icicle and any Freeform using Chilled Form.

Chilled Form is the ONLY "form power that does this, and it does it at every rank. Aren't "Form" powers supposed to just do the initial cost, then have it's debuff to energy gain and increasing power cost be it's price? I end up spending more time with it off in combat because it takes it's price literally after I use a power and before my energy builder can hit anything again.