test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really Impressed. Thank You Devs

kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
Was reading up on the release notes after being gone for a bit and I must say that the list of fixes and changes is super impressive.

Am also really excited to try out TA and the check out the buffed cosmics!

Great stuff and thanks for the massive undertaking to make the game great. :):D<3;)B) >:) :)

edited for spelling
Post edited by kamokami on

Comments

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    ...and then you realize you don't care, because PUNCHING GIANT MONSTERS!

Not everyone views this game as economics. :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Any not everyone is ok with spending months trying to get gear because of bad rng-engine... If you're happy with the game, good for you... now stick ur head back in the sand while the rest of us try to get a change for the better.
    I won't be punching any giant monsters unless they drop good stuff worth the effort, but from experience, that'll happen once all the stars are aligned.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    So you'd rather not try and grump around than actually play through the new content huh ? I wonder whose head is in the sand

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    The new content is Tough content! for Tough players! and Tough builds! and only really fun to them (and masochists). See also TA and Onslaught. In any case, even if I did want to try it (and I will), the last update seems to have broken something and the game crashes whenever I switch away from it. So no fun there.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »
    Any not everyone is ok with spending months trying to get gear because of bad rng-engine... If you're happy with the game, good for you... now stick ur head back in the sand while the rest of us try to get a change for the better.
    I won't be punching any giant monsters unless they drop good stuff worth the effort, but from experience, that'll happen once all the stars are aligned.

For the better? You mean easy mode. The game is getting better. There is finally some content that doesn't cater to the weakest links.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2016
    diggot said:

Just trying to balance off using someone being happy about something as a springboard for everyone's favorite b*tching. :D

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited May 2016
    ignore, double post

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kamokami said:

Great stuff and thanks for the massive undertaking to make the game great. :):D<3;)B) >:) :)

Yeah, the tailoring revamp was great, and most of the power changes were positive improvements as well. Sorry to be the dark cloud here, but other than that, all they'd done since I started playing is add more grind to this game:

- SCR prices shot through the roof, effectively removing Heroic gear from the progression path entirely.
    - GCR-tier content for the toughguys, featuring insane prices.

The real question is this: How many Tedious Ascendant runs or vanilla WoW world bosses--sorry, I mean "buffed cosmics"--are players going to have to run through to get enough GCR to buy anything decent?

Yeah, have fun with that. In the meantime, here's to hoping the next thing they put out is more useful to the broader playerbase. If they want to make hardcore player content, that's fine, but why can't they release this kind of stuff as "Elite" difficulty, with a "Normal" and "Advanced" version as well?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    I think the idea was, since we had a bunch of people complaining that all the content was too easy for years, they said "OK, we'll put some hard stuff in". Which made all the people that weren't complaining...complain. :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    gradii wrote: »
    We don't want easy mode we want worthwhile rewards for our hardmode.

Seem fairly worthwhile to me, a crap ton of questionite and easy GCR. Not to mention random chance at costume pieces, gear pieces and action figures. I think people mistake worthwhile with easy way too much.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Seems to be a lot of sentiment about "if I can't get myself all geared up in a week, it's not worth it". :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Seems to be a lot of sentiment about "if I can't get myself all geared up in a week, it's not worth it". :)

Sorry but.. some of us have actual lifes outside of CO. Once an mmo becomes a second job, there's a problem.
    It's only a "second job" if you insist on getting everything right now. This game's been too easy for too long, so everyone's spoiled.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2016

I like the new difficult content and am fully geared.
    I still feel that the stuff in the GCR store is underwhelming. The gear in the GCR sore isn't better than justice/onslaught/ect gear. The mods are "meh" compared to the likes of DUC.

I do this stuff because its fun, not because its rewarding. I would do it much more often if the GCR store had something I wanted. :/

EDIT:
    I still agree generally with the OP.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Why have fun being a super hero in a video game when you can be grumpy and complain a lot? I mean, I'm not gonna, but some of you are talking about "second job" and stuff like that, so you have clearly chosen the grumpy route. Me, I'm just gonna keep having fun and doing things... oh, are there video game rewards involved? :smile:
  • unethicalgenkiunethicalgenki Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @championshewolf your pretty much the problem with the game right now, you do nothing but make terrible suggestions and cry far too much about certain powers and how they need to be nerfed instead of bringing them all into line.

The rewards for doing this are trash and not worth the huge grind imo, if you enjoy playing rehashed content thats just been made harder then good luck to you. I know it must be hard suffering with big fish little pond syndrome, too scared to find another game so you stay in your comfort zone but its time for you all to go in search of a game that actually releases "new" content with worthwhile rewards.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User

It's only a "second job" if you insist on getting everything right now. This game's been too easy for too long, so everyone's spoiled.

This, so much this. He hit the nail right on the head. The game is so trivialized when you have decent gear and you're free form.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    aesica said:

Yeah, the tailoring revamp was great, and most of the power changes were positive improvements as well.

These are AWESOME!!!! I have not seen this much improvement in years. It's #@$%ing FANTASTICAL and has me very excited that the devs care that much about all of these long-standing issues to put in the massive effort to fix them.
    aesica said:

The real question is this: How many Tedious Ascendant runs or vanilla WoW world bosses--sorry, I mean "buffed cosmics"--are players going to have to run through to get enough GCR to buy anything decent?

And the answer is 0. Nobody has to do anything or "make the game their job" to get anything decent.
    aesica said:

Sorry to be the dark cloud here, but other than that....

Ok so other than all the ridiculously awesome improvements made on a scale that has rarely been seen since the launch of the game when it had 10X the resources it does now, there's stuff to be unhappy about?

There's plenty of dark cloud threads to go around. This one is meant to thank the devs for their effort of which there's clearly been a lot more recently.

Just trying to balance off using someone being happy about something as a springboard for everyone's favorite b*tching. :D

Thanks! The party's a lot more fun without the pitchforks and angry yelling.

Nobody's asking you guys to be happy with everything. But if you've been around this long, then you should be able to find something to be grateful for. Even if you are the most negative nancy in the world, there's gotta be something in there that's kept you in this game for this long.

If you really dig and still can't find anything to be happy about then you should probably stop punching yourself and go do something else.

But if you can find something to be happy about then I'd request that you let a Thank You thread be just that.

• triple4genttriple4gent Posts: 2 Arc User
    I for one am enticed by the changes made recently, or at least the mentality behind them. Hopefully more epic content is in the works and endgame/GCR isn't another quickly abandoned idea. Keep up the great work devs, and old veterans and new players alike will slowly but surely flock to CO.

P.S. Vixy! I haven't been able to play recently but I'm looking forward to seeing you in game.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I play games because they are fun not because I get rewarded for playing them. The fun itself is the reward.
    I don't care about the grind if I enjoy myself while I do so. If something becomes to tedious I stop and do something else. It isn't about getting the loot is is about enjoying the process.

You don't have to agree, I'm not insisting everyone thinks this way...but perhaps a few of you might enjoy yourselves more if you at least consider it.

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    If server pop is down after a trial period (say, eight weeks) and no one's running the Cosmics or Onslaught, please consider making changes. The game's population can decide on whether this is going too far, just prepare to be a little flexible. There's room to drop the prices a bit and still keep the content challenging.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg

P.S. Vixy! I haven't been able to play recently but I'm looking forward to seeing you in game.

WOOT!!! I'll look forward to it as well!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

If server pop is down after a trial period (say, eight weeks) and no one's running the Cosmics or Onslaught, please consider making changes. The game's population can decide on whether this is going too far, just prepare to be a little flexible. There's room to drop the prices a bit and still keep the content challenging.

Unless there are future plans to up the amount of VTs, I would say that the Onslaught changes were done to force people into grinding for GCR and SCR to get high end secondary gear.

I think that some people will be burnt out on Cosmics, because dying loads because of someone else's error, or your own error or just straight up the mechanics of the fight is not fun.

I think some people will continue running Cosmics (and possibly Onslaught).

I think some people will just ignore them both entirely.
    Sorry but.. some of us have actual lifes outside of CO. Once an mmo becomes a second job, there's a problem.

This petty excuse is one of the weakest I've ever heard. Everyone has a life. Many of the people that actively do these things have jobs, families and even do things outside of the game. It's elitest (yes, this attitude is elitest) attitudes like this that actually create problems. You don't need everything straight away and none of this content is going away. People are willing to take you through if you are willing to actually work as a team member. If you aren't, then we can't help you. Sorry.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Unless there are future plans to up the amount of VTs, I would say that the Onslaught changes were done to force people into grinding for GCR and SCR to get high end secondary gear.

Honestly, the onslaught respawning was never supposed to work the way it did. We might get something like 1 vt per additional target in the spawn so people will actually clear spawns, though.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    got to try it, this morning.
    yes my character died repeatedly.
    - " but it spoils the imersion if I die reepeatedly" "but I'm supposed to be a super hero"
    - yes, and the monsters are meant to be MAJOR supers.
    I spotted various things which killed me. Not blocking after stepping out of the lava pool. ok it was 4.30am
    Now I know some things to avoid while doing it.

as for not getting enough reward. How much do you consider "a suitable reward for effort"?
    Hopefully, you aren't judging against Alerts, which give way too much rewards for the effort.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

A lot of people expect purple loot to rain from the sky. They claim that is not the case, but it actually is. Because people are claiming that the several thousand questionite is not a suitable reward.

Then of course you have some people posting massive misinformation when people are trying to organize these things. And too many people barking orders and not enough organization, plain and simple.

It's all it has boiled down to every time. Once things were organized the GMs were splatted in quick order. When there is no organization there is a bunch of deaths and wipes and required resetting.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kamokami said:

And the answer is 0. Nobody has to do anything or "make the game their job" to get anything decent.

My statement was a query into the number of runs required before an item could be purchased. NOT that people were somehow required to do anything, because they're not.
    kamokami said:

Ok so other than all the ridiculously awesome improvements made on a scale that has rarely been seen since the launch of the game when it had 10X the resources it does now, there's stuff to be unhappy about?

When some changes are bad--the SCR price hike, OV target respawn nerf without any adjustment to compensate, etc--yeah, there are things to be unhappy about. Making cosmics bigger, or adding hardmode content with huge grinds really doesn't affect me much. I might try to experience them once or twice, but I have no interest in the grind. However, since I know others do, I say keep them coming--just don't forget about the rest of us as well. On the other hand, gimping lower tier content (because apparently everyone just wants to grind crap ad nauseum) does affect me, and in a rather negative way.

The following is not an exaggeration: Awhile back, I set aside $200 for whenever the next lifetime sub sale came around. This wasn't a maybe, this was literally a "next time it's on sale, I'm buying it because I think it's totally worthwhile." However, each change that's negatively impacted my gameplay in some way has given me more and more pause. Each "big" change which has added something new for top-geared players to play with has also changed things to be more cumbersome for lesser-geared players who just want to catch up. If this trend continues, that $200 is better spent elsewhere.

That's not meant to be a "do it my way or no money!" threat or anything. Rather, it's meant to be an insight into how these changes are making the overall product less appealing to some people.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Reading through this thread, I notice a lot of people mistake "Difficult" with "Punishing" or "Grueling"...

TA is indeed "Difficult" it's an actual challenge that can be overcome with a little coordination and understanding of mechanics.

New Cosmics are "Punishing" they take massive teams to take down (which would be fine) and they deal excessive amounts of damage that either can't be avoided or is so high that even with a ton of mitigation your going to lose a giant chunk of health or die outright, even with coordination and understanding many many players have excessive trouble with these fights, and worse many people arnt even being rewarded for their efforts... That's not Difficult, that is Punishing.

Onslaught is both "Punishing" and "Grueling" first off the reward costs are far beyond absurd that it's not even funny. Token acquisition is a joke, 10VTs per kill, and ONLY on kill of players and Onslaught Targets... Guardian Tokens are done better, but you really don't need them for much of anything. Killing players as an OV is nigh impossible which is why everyone just farms OV Targets... and the new change to their spawn makes that even worse than it already was... Not everyone knows the tricks to killing OV targets unscathed, if you don't know the tricks you can easily lose half your health on 1 target since they and their squads deal more damage than even the highest DPS players.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    raighn wrote: »
    Reading through this thread, I notice a lot of people mistake "Difficult" with "Punishing" or "Grueling"...

TA is indeed "Difficult" it's an actual challenge that can be overcome with a little coordination and understanding of mechanics.

New Cosmics are "Punishing" they take massive teams to take down (which would be fine) and they deal excessive amounts of damage that either can't be avoided or is so high that even with a ton of mitigation your going to lose a giant chunk of health or die outright, even with coordination and understanding many many players have excessive trouble with these fights, and worse many people arnt even being rewarded for their efforts... That's not Difficult, that is Punishing.

Onslaught is both "Punishing" and "Grueling" first off the reward costs are far beyond absurd that it's not even funny. Token acquisition is a joke, 10VTs per kill, and ONLY on kill of players and Onslaught Targets... Guardian Tokens are done better, but you really don't need them for much of anything. Killing players as an OV is nigh impossible which is why everyone just farms OV Targets... and the new change to their spawn makes that even worse than it already was... Not everyone knows the tricks to killing OV targets unscathed, if you don't know the tricks you can easily lose half your health on 1 target since they and their squads deal more damage than even the highest DPS players.

Actually, all the damage the cosmics can do can be mitigated, and they were designed to be handled by organized teams, not zergs. They are punishing to bad playing, but not even difficult to organized play. This is one of those mistaking player error as punishing difficulty when it isn't.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Actually, all the damage the cosmics can do can be mitigated, and they were designed to be handled by organized teams, not zergs. They are punishing to bad playing, but not even difficult to organized play. This is one of those mistaking player error as punishing difficulty when it isn't.​​

The fact that it's entirely possible to be denied your reward from them still qualfies them as punishing. Numerous support players have been denied any sort of reward from participation in the new cosmic fights. Controllers and Healers alike... reward distribution seems to be based on a minimum damage contribution which a support build may be incappable of achieving while keeping other players healed and/or adds CC'd. If i choose to participate in a Cosmic fight with one of my controllers, healers, or even my shielder I expect to get a reward for my contribution even if my damage contribution is pathetic. As a support I've contributed in a different way than DPS and Tanks, but I've still contributed just as much as anyone else. No one appriciates being punished for their efforts. So no it's not "Difficult" it is indeed Punishing.

And I've heard countless reports of high resistnce tanks losing half their health or even being 1-shot while blocking a large attack from them. Sure they may be able to be mitigated, but some of them can't be blocked unless you start blocking before the attack telegraph is even started.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Honestly the part that bothers me most is that Teleiosaurus has 200' 180° cone attacks that will almost certainly 1-shot you if you don't block it. Kiga creates an effect that's basically a permanent DoT for anyone near him. That's up there with how Liberated Mega-Ds could 1-shot people through block. Not with any fancy tricks, just so much raw damage that blocking was useless.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    raighn said:

The fact that it's entirely possible to be denied your reward from them still qualfies them as punishing.

Not really. That qualifies them as being bugged, since people being denied rewards when having met the criteria for acceptable participation was not by design. The devs are aware of this btw and a fix is in the works.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

raighn said:

The fact that it's entirely possible to be denied your reward from them still qualfies them as punishing.

Not really. That qualifies them as being bugged, since people being denied rewards when having met the criteria for acceptable participation was not by design. The devs are aware of this btw and a fix is in the works.
    At least we are getting in practice for when they are fixed. Although Dino failed late tonight, I still learned a lot from the leaders.
    aesica said:

That's not meant to be a "do it my way or no money!" threat or anything. Rather, it's meant to be an insight into how these changes are making the overall product less appealing to some people.

Ok feel free to make a thread about it. This one is meant to be an insight into how these changes are making the overall product FANTASTIC for some other people.
    kamokami said:

But if you can find something to be happy about then I'd request that you let a Thank You thread be just that.

• xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    when you get rewards it is good, but green trash gear is some sort of bad joke