test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online: Giant Monster Attack Event

Comments

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    This will please 2 to 5% of the game's population!

Unfortunately I'm in the 98 to 95% that thinks it's a waste of time.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

I'm sure we'll get a lot of people trekking out to visit the giant monsters at first. Depending on how the event rewards are set up they might get discouraged (event rewards should probably occur at the lower performance threshold, not the upper).
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Not only did I get dc'd and I'm pretty sure the chat died on me. I didn't get anything for that waste of time. (*According to the scoreboard I was at 349842)
  • Options
    Oh, I checked it out, but being a level 40 character with only legion gear without any mods higher then 6 and over 11000 hp I wasn't able to stay alive, even while blocking, for more then a minute. I'm just not geared for it.
  • Options
    aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Yea, I checked it too. I was dead 90% of the time. Some of the Dino's moves hit for 13k HP even through block. I just..gave up. I have like..1 character that might be able to survive that sort of hit. Ah, I'm sure someone'll have fun doing it. Just not me.
  • Options
    supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    I was there from the start and didn't get credit, even though I was dealing and taking damage.
  • Options
    rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Unfortunately I'm in the 98 to 95% that thinks it's a waste of time.

Same here.
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Chat is offline for some reason. Good luck doing the cosmics w/o it. Still, we beat Dino Mother and Monkeybutt.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Oh, I checked it out, but being a level 40 character with only legion gear without any mods higher then 6 and over 11000 hp I wasn't able to stay alive, even while blocking, for more then a minute. I'm just not geared for it.

Yep, same experience.

In fact, I was hit with 156,873 points of damage and couldn't even see the Teleiosaurus (I was that far away and still got hit).

And as an aside, not that there aren't bigger issues (see above), UNTIL Liaison Irwin's uniform should be UNTIL blue, not PRIMUS tan. :tongue:
  • Options

And as an aside, not that there aren't bigger issues (see above), UNTIL Liaison Irwin's uniform should be UNTIL blue, not PRIMUS tan. :tongue:

I did notice that :D
  • Options
    lamina781lamina781 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Lost on what you get from this,I got nothing and no credit for the kill on the daily mission either.I know a little over 800,000 isn't that high but should be high enough to get credit at least.Really is so annoying to waste time doing this to get absolutely nothing when over.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

That's probably not your gear at fault (it may or may not be your fault at all; there's lots of ways to get killed by tanking mistakes that aren't really your fault).
  • Options

guyhumual said:

That's probably not your gear at fault (it may or may not be your fault at all; there's lots of ways to get killed by tanking mistakes that aren't really your fault).
    Well it doesn't exactly sell the new event stuff on me either. I have only only ever beaten 2 of the cosmic before this update, what might have been fun is if they just upped the re spawn rate of the original cosmic villains to an hourly rate so normal players would have a chance to encounter them.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The Aura of Radiant Protection bug is a significant problem for these cosmics.

When two are in the same team, the block animation plays normally, but the block does nothing. Perhaps it even lowers defenses.

If this bug persists, these missions are often pointless.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    If you're a healer, then you're lock out of the Daily Cosmic Beatdown since it seem that it only count if you damage the boss a lot.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    qawsada said:

If you're a healer, then you're lock out of the Daily Cosmic Beatdown since it seem that it only count if you damage the boss a lot.

This is annoyingly true. I was on my healer and participated in all three cosmics. Twice on dinomom and monkeybutt. Cosmic Beatdown daily didn't count them at all. Guess healer's only reward is at the Open Missions.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter