test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spreadsheet project to calculate outcome of attacks

I'm in the middle of creating a spreadsheet to include not only the build of a character but gear and devices. Is there any information on how the numbers influence the abilities such as health, energy, offense, defense, crit chance, crit severity, etc? I've heard most abilities function on a 'bell curve'. Also, is there any information on devices other than the Wiki for this game? I have a lot of gear information I've manually taken from the game but the devices are a mystery to me.

The purpose of the project is that in the spread sheet you can click on a specific set of set of numbers in your build and it will calculate the raw DPS, offense, etc. Then you can also click on a power, gear or devices to see their influence on the outcome of an attack.

If there is already an app or program out there that will calculate all of this let me know so I don't waste my time on the project.

Comments

• digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    I noticed that TOUGH provides a 1.5 increase to your Max Health. I assumed that was a 1.5% increase to your current Max Health but it turns out the numbers don't jive. My toon had 8468 before the purchase of the TOUGH from the Specialization Tree. After the purchase I had 8710. The math doesn't add up. How is it calculating the new Max Health?

By my math, 8468*.015=127.02
    8468+127=8595

The difference is (115) rounded up
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Constitution Tree - Tough Specialization - "Your Secondary Super Stats now provide an additional 0.5/1/1.5 to your maximum health points"

^ I assume the above equals "Per Point of Secondary Super Stat" adds 1.5 Literal addition of HP to your maximum HP.

The prior assumption seems like it would make more sense...?

In order to calculate what it is doing, you'd need to provide more information about your secondary super stat totals, since they will dictate how much is added to your HP.

8710 - 8468 = 242

Either way, it would be interesting to find out what actually is going on. I assume flowcyto will fly in soon!