test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 4/21/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2016 in Release Notes
Circus Malvanum (Starts at 10am PDT)
The Circus Malvanum race track is up! Players can now earn Circus Malvanum Gears from finishing the Sky Race and playing the Forum Malvanum alert! The Drifter also sells packs of the currency. Talk to Sapphire near the Race tracks above the Renaissance Center to get started, Jo the Mechanic will also loan you a temporary Steambike to help you out.

Jo the Mechanic in the Renaissance Center has a new store where you can purchase the following items using the gears:
  • Devastator Archetype
  • Steam Bike
  • Ironclad's Helmet
  • Alien Gladiator Mace Hands
  • Alien Gladiator Sword Hands (Known issue: For females these are only visible when selecting Right or Left, but not Both)
  • Alien Gladiator Helmet 2
  • Alien Gladiator Gauntlets
  • Alien Gladiator Boots
  • Kzash Hound Action Figure
  • Flared Kzash Hound Action Figure
  • Jo Action Figure
  • Malvan Guard Action Figure
  • Duratok Action Figure

Vehicles
  • All vehicles now have the innate 10% bonus that Drifter and Lockbox vehicle have. This will mostly affect the ZEN store specific vehicles.
  • Note: Because this bonus is innate to all vehicles now, the "This vehicle has a 10% bonus" description has been removed from vehicles.
  • Added a Vehicle Training Room to the Vehicle hub in the Renaissance Center. Players can enter and try out some testing vehicles or use their own vehicles. There are training dummies scattered around the map and rings for you to fly through.
  • Known Issue: The Chariot testing vehicle has a tendency to be invisible when your costumes uses certain costume categories.

Sidekick Changes
  • Duratok Gorehowl is the latest sidekick to get a loyal version and he is currently for sale in the ZEN store.
  • Duratok is now classed as a tank sidekick and has increased defenses over other sidekicks and slightly lower damage.
  • Corrected Duratok's Annihilate power to do increased damage as it's a charged attack.
  • Duratok's moves can now Stagger enemies.
  • Duratok generates increased threat with his attacks.
  • Fixed a bug where Duratok's weapon was using default colors.
  • Updated descriptions on each sidekick to state what role they fulfill.
  • Emily Lovett can now fear with most of her attacks.
  • Emily Lovett's Lifedrain can now heal players and heals for more.
  • Windchill can now apply chill with most of her attacks.

Power Changes
  • Fixed a bug where Conviction did not have an activation time. It is now 0.5 seconds.
  • Updated the snare fx on a bunch of powers to make them less resource intensive.
  • Fixed a bug where many powers that caused debris were not cleaning up the debris after a couple seconds. This should greatly help with performance for Ice and Earth sets. Note: Please report any powers that are still leaving behind debris for longer than 4 seconds.
  • Pet poison now uses the regular poison FX and shouldn't display on large targets.

Costume Changes
  • Fixed a bug where some of the animal head textures were reverted to old versions. This should fix the seams on the heads and odd coloration on the Doberman head.

Action Figures
  • Added various Action Figure stores to the Toy Master.
  • Added Shadow Dragon Action Figure to the Questionite Store.
  • Added Fire Dragon Action Figure to the ZEN Store.
  • Added Ice Dragon Action Figure to the Drifter Store.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Hi-Pan's reward box was not granting questionite.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Its nice to see the Toy Master NPC getting more usage
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Action Figures
    • Added various Action Figure stores to the Toy Master.
    • Added Shadow Dragon Action Figure to the Questionite Store.
    • Added Fire Dragon Action Figure to the ZEN Store.
    • Added Ice Dragon Action Figure to the Drifter Store.

Damn, those AFs are quite unique!
    Its nice to see Fury of the Dragon Ultimate's model being used for something useful
    My money on the ICE one
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Pet poison now uses the regular poison FX and shouldn't display on large targets.

THANK YOU :D​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    mini dragons following you everywhere?

Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    >Ctrl+F
    >Overdrive
    >0 results found

It's something so simple to fix, all you would need to do is go to the scaling and remove one of the 0s off of the int and end section...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    The item for the title of prankster continue off, no?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Ehm, it seems this update broke Teleiosarus

BUG: Teleiosarus in TA has no longer charging animation and TELL for his Roar hold! The roar is instant​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    FM still isn't worth doing more then once for the vigilance mission. If your group fails to get past Ironclad and Duratok you get a around 1 or 2 globals and now 4 tokens. (You get 6 for defeating Firewing)

That's the primary reason very few players actually run the majority of the custom alerts beyond doing it once for the mission. This becomes even more apparent if you try to queue later in the week. Some of them really aren't that fun (*especially if you get in them with a bad pug*) and on top of that most of the rewards aren't worth the time.
  • Options
    Was there anything fixed on Today's emergency maintenance?​​
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    draogn said:

FM still isn't worth doing more then once for the vigilance mission. If your group fails to get past Ironclad and Duratok you get a around 1 or 2 globals and now 4 tokens. (You get 6 for defeating Firewing)

That's the primary reason very few players actually run the majority of the custom alerts beyond doing it once for the mission. This becomes even more apparent if you try to queue later in the week. Some of them really aren't that fun (*especially if you get in them with a bad pug*) and on top of that most of the rewards aren't worth the time.

I beg the differ. The gear token from FM doesn't share the token cap from racing, so you can just farm FM after racing 10 time/daily and run FM to I think until you get 50 gear token, effectively getting 150 gears per day without relying on the Drifter.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    Loyal Sidekicks still 1500 Zen base and BoE? Not interested.​​
  • Options
    qawsada said:

draogn said:

I beg the differ. The gear token from FM doesn't share the token cap from racing, so you can just farm FM after racing 10 time/daily and run FM to I think until you get 50 gear token, effectively getting 150 gears per day without relying on the Drifter.
    Not according to players in game, other players have stated they stopped getting tokens from all sources at 100. Even still, that doesn't make FM any more worthwhile to do.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    draogn said:

Not according to players in game, other players have stated they stopped getting tokens from all sources at 100. Even still, that doesn't make FM any more worthwhile to do.

It could be a bug in their end since I manage to get 136 gear today from the combination of Racing, Daily, and FM.

I would say it does for a few extra globals, gears, questionite, SCR daily, and a possible chance of a Malvan skin drop whenever I queue into a DPS group.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    You can run the Race 10 TIMES before it stop dropping Gear, per day
    11th and rest runs wont give you anything so keep in mind how many runs you play​​
  • Options
    Races should go off of cooldown a minute after the previous one ended. That way players don't have to zone change and the action doesn't stop.​​
  • Options
    qawsada said:

draogn said:

It could be a bug in their end since I manage to get 136 gear today from the combination of Racing, Daily, and FM.

I would say it does for a few extra globals, gears, questionite, SCR daily, and a possible chance of a Malvan skin drop whenever I queue into a DPS group.
    You can get more globals with less irritation by doing Smash alerts, you only get Q and SCR from the initial run, after that you only get 1 g (if you fail at Ironclad/Durotak) the chances of a malvan drop from anything before Firewing is about the same as getting struck twice by lightning. The rewards from the custom alerts are pitiful. It reflects in game, when you see players beginning to spam chat hoping people will join the queue for them.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    draogn said:

You can get more globals with less irritation by doing Smash alerts, you only get Q and SCR from the initial run, after that you only get 1 g (if you fail at Ironclad/Durotak) the chances of a malvan drop from anything before Firewing is about the same as getting struck twice by lightning. The rewards from the custom alerts are pitiful.

I'm quite aware that you can get more resource per hour in Smash, but you keep forgetting that you still can get those gears from doing the Forum Malvanum, 4 if you get to Ironclad and 6 if you beat Firewing. Getting the global and SCR adds up, moreso if you win and get +10 global/malvan exclusive drop, and lightning will always strike if you team up with some powerful level 40 dps. It is true that some alert give out some bad rewards (GRAB all your money, I'm looking at you), but for the time being, they gave us another reason to farm the Forum Malvanum and I say good job on that.
  • Options
    The time it takes to complete a Forum Malvanum Alert, you can do the races a dozen times. 3 races every ten minutes compared to the 10(?) average minutes alert.​​
  • Options

The time it takes to complete a Forum Malvanum Alert, you can do the races a dozen times. 3 races every ten minutes compared to the 10(?) average minutes alert.​​

I'm quite aware of that as well, but you can only race up to 10 time per character and when that limit hit, you either start farming Forum Malvanum, buy the gears from Drifters, farm with another character, or call it a day. Those that want to continue farming with the same character just so they can get the expensive stuff can continue farming FM until that gear cap hit.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The gear drops from Forum Malvanum are sad. One race is 55 tokens with the quest and it takes all of 5 minutes. Even just the 5 tokens isn't very long. FM is four or six and takes a lot longer. Not really interested in taking significantly longer for a few pity gears when I could do the race once a day and then have fun with other things.

Would be nice if the FM daily gave out more tokens with the SCR. Or even just having a lot more tokens in the winners circle the first time you do it a day.

Does anyone else have issues with the vehicle by the mechanic flickering like mad?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    I been farming the Forum Malvanum the entire night and I have come to a conclusion that there is either a high gear token cap or no gear token cap in the Forum Malvanum. I have about 230ish in the morning and after doing the race daily, the 10 races, and the constant queuing of the Forum Malvanum, I manage to get up to 417 gear tokens without resorting to the Drifter.
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Posts: 32 Arc User
    Maybe add a couple more waypoints to the races? It's WAY too easy to fail out while simply trying to find where you're supposed to go.