test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC_31_20160406_0314a.14 - Cosmic Changes/Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Cosmics
  • All cosmics are now set to be an open mission. Scoring is still being worked on as well as rewards.
  • Currently scoring takes into account damage you do to the cosmics, damage taken from the cosmics, and healing output on players.
  • Note: We are currently unable to give credit to players using mezzing abilities. This may be something we can add in the future, but is not something we're able to integrate now.
  • Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo's respawn time has been set to 4 hours.

Kigatilik
  • New Power: Frozen Tomb
    Once Kigatilik is below 70% health, he can encase someone in a ice construct. Similar to Frosticus, players will have to free the player trapped inside within 10 seconds. If they do not, the player and all players within 50ft will be defeated.
  • Lowered the damage on Kigatilik's hounds slightly.
  • Renamed Bitter Cold to Cold of the Frost Tomb. This passive will no longer damage players initially, but will start damaging players when Kigatilik dips below 66% health and will ramp up in damage at 33% health.

Qwyjibo
  • New Power: Fire Heart
    When Qwyjibo dips below 66% health, can can summon 3 fiery constructs that will heal him for 1% health each every 5 seconds. When they initially spawn their healing is delayed by 10 seconds. They can be destroyed and are affected by holds.
  • Qwyjibo's attacks now grant knock resistance.
  • Known issue: The meteor attacks are currently not granting knock resistance.
  • Qwyjibo's pbaoe attacks will now leave behind lava pits wherever players are standing. These pits deal heavy damage and are delayed about 2 seconds. These pits linger for about 25 seconds. These pits will not spawn for players within 20ft of Qwyjibo.
  • Qwyjibo's fire breath now leaves behind lava pits. These pits linger for about 45 seconds.

Power Changes
  • Fixed a bug where Lifedrain's R1 fx was not using the correct FX.
  • Fixed a bug with Kinetic Darts that allowed them to proc Concentration stacks.
  • Fixed a bug where the U238 rounds debuff was not stacking up to 3 per player.
  • Fixed a bug where the Chained Kunai advantage was playing the wrong FX.

Lockbox Stamps
  • Lockbox Stamps have been discontinued.
  • The button will no longer display in the menu nor will the costumes appear as purchasable in the tailor.
  • The costumes they granted have been moved to the collector store and can be purchased with a Purple Costume A Voucher.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the Prankster Perk title was not actually granting a title from the Toy Master's title redemption store.
  • Added Action Figures, Auras, Lockboxes and Vehicle weapons to the auction house categories.
  • Added Betta Excocet to the questionite store.
  • Added a word filter box in the Action Figure window. You can now filter your action figure list with keywords.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Can you put the lockbox stamp costume pieces in the category for the Purple costume B Voucher? The distribution of these things is become disproportionate in my opinion. Purple Costume A vouchers are worth about x4 more than the B vouchers.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    Stamps being discontinued sucks, I thought they were a good idea.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Cosmics

• All cosmics are now set to be an open mission. Scoring is still being worked on as well as rewards.
    • Currently scoring takes into account damage you do to the cosmics, damage taken from the cosmics, and healing output on players.
    • Note: We are currently unable to give credit to players using mezzing abilities. This may be something we can add in the future, but is not something we're able to integrate now.
    Is 'damage taken' pre-mitigation or post? Arguably the best measure is damage not taken (i.e. base damage - actual damage taken). In addition to mezzing, other effects that can't be easily measured include debuffs (hard to see how to incorporate them) and team buffs (implementing some point sharing between teammates would indirectly do this).
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Adding a word filter box in the Action Figure window. You can now filter your action figure list with keywords.

This is great, any chance of getting a STOW button up at the top of the window, rather than having to filter or scroll down to your active AF to put it away. Thanks.​​
  • what is a 'lockbox stamp'? that's not those lockbox series unlock things is it?
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited April 2016
    what is a 'lockbox stamp'? that's not those lockbox series unlock things is it?

yes it was. discontinued as in no new series for some time. now officially removed.​​
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User

Yeah, I thought it was smart to give people who won't throw money at a low random chance a reason to open at least one of each lockbox.

-Ogre
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Nice.

Kigatilik, Teleiosaurus, and Qwijybo each dispaly an open mission Team Up button.

They were all up when I looked. I am assuming that when they aren't up, a timer will appear on screen.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • Added Action Figures, Auras, Lockboxes and Vehicle weapons to the auction house categories.
    • Added a word filter box in the Action Figure window. You can now filter your action figure list with keywords.
    This is GREATO
    Major Quality of Life for AH there
    and searching for your favorite AF couldn't be easier
    [*] Fixed a bug where the Prankster Perk title was not actually granting a title from the Toy Master's title redemption store.
    onion-35.gif
    Unfortenly i will be away next week after the patch, for easter holidays
    Fixed a bug where the Chained Kunai advantage was playing the wrong FX.
    AHA I knew this was wrong
    It didn't make sense for the animation chain to come out of the character's FOOT​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Typo: Live
    Wildfire adv on Cleave.
    reads Fire strike attack instead of Cleave​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Fixed a bug with Kinetic Darts that allowed them to proc Concentration stacks.
    isn't kinetic darts ranged? or was it giving extra stacks?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    The Lockbox stamps were the only reason I got keys and opened lockboxes.

Since Cosmics are becoming open missions, can there be a tagged on bonus objective that players not strong enough to take the cosmics head on can deal with?​​
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    Circus Malvanum event:

The Steam Bike's boost emits a black could of smoke, not a white cloud of steam.

Yeah I would think that is a way to encourage new customers to participate in the lockbox economy.

Cosmic attention is nice, but will there be a way to quickly transport heroes to their location, perhaps with a queue?

Anything that requires a team outside Ren Cen is generally near impossible to organize in a quick way.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Really sad the Lockbox Stamp series is cancelled! I thought it was a GOOD motivation for people to open lockboxes and get rewarded by it
    It was a good series, sad that it got cancelled
    chaelk wrote: »
    isn't kinetic darts ranged? or was it giving extra stacks?
    Its an ENERGY BUILDER
    It shouldn't trigger Concentration in the first place​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    chaelk said:

isn't kinetic darts ranged? or was it giving extra stacks?​​

Energy builders do not trigger Concentration (through the form). Kinetic Darts was an anomaly.

[Energy builders that deliver poison can, in a sense, proc Concentration through Aspect of the Infernal.]

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Has some type of all zone announcement been implemented? So that whenever a cosmic spawns players know they are up?
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited April 2016
    There hasn't been stamp series for a while. And while alien tights and jetwings were good... then we also got dead stuffed shoulder ravens? I don't think it is a big loss. Better to put resources elsewhere rather than ask that every third lockbox we get an extra costume piece.

I also don't think we need a "queue" or zone announcement for the cosmics. The open missions are part of a small series of steps that we've seen (i.e. must complete mission/perks to buy certain things from recognition vendors) to get people outside of just sitting around the rencen. Go to Monster Island, Canada, or the desert and see what is up, how much time is left till the next spawn, and go to zone or some channel to get people to show up. You know - encourage community in a mmo, not herd everyone with game messages and queues.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

Has some type of all zone announcement been implemented? So that whenever a cosmic spawns players know they are up?

Hmm.. not that I know of. I only saw them in their respective areas with the team up button and the Open Mission marker.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Minor Bug: Action Figure #192 (Flared kzash hound) unlocks as and shows up in your action figure listings as #191. (There are two #191 kzash hound AFs)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Cosmic attention is nice, but will there be a way to quickly transport heroes to their location, perhaps with a queue?

Anything that requires a team outside Ren Cen is generally near impossible to organize in a quick way.

I'm sure someone will make a Cosmic hunters channel. Problem solved.
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    oh great, yet another channel
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Clearly any such announcements would have to go out to all zones (like those nuisance lockbox notices). If you are not in an MC zone you don't hear call outs for Rampages in Zone chat. Having announcements only in MC would just only further encourage players to camp there.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Request: Do you think lockbox costumes such as "Ravenswood Academy" could be added to the Collector's Store soon?

--

Interesting changes and fixes!

Regarding the idea of rewarding Crowd Controllers, that'd be a very interesting system to see implemented given the state of Crowd Control in CO.

Especially since other players (if it was based on duration of holds on targets rather than "CC Cast") could easily sabotage this.
    Yet another channel for Cosmics is not going to get bunches of new folks--it will capture folks already using lots of channels. Most players will never know of it.

Good publicity in-game, by the game itself, would be the best way to get folks out to the Cosmics. The timers are on screen, so anyone knows when the time is ripe, though a player does have to know where to go to find the Cosmics.

I suspect (and hope) that players will just make Zone announcements themselves, much like what happens for Takofanes. I intend to do so, whenever I plan to hunt a Cosmic.

As it probably has been stated before...

Putting the GLOBAL announcements to a MUCH better use than for telling everyone who got the top tier item from a lockbox, would be appreciated in regards to Cosmics.

Something like:

"ATTENTION HEROES, KIGATILIK HAS BEEN SIGHTED IN LYNX'S FOLD! HELP BEAT HIM BACK INTO THE FROST TOMB!"

or

"THE TELEIOSAUR HAS BEEN SPOTTED ON SLITHER BEACH IN MONSTER ISLAND! STOP HER FROM GETTING ANY FURTHER!"

and making that game wide, would be great.

Putting the GLOBAL announcements to a MUCH better use than for telling everyone who got the top tier item from a lockbox, would be appreciated in regards to Cosmics.

Something like:

"ATTENTION HEROES, KIGATILIK HAS BEEN SIGHTED IN LYNX'S FOLD! HELP BEAT HIM BACK INTO THE FROST TOMB!"

or

"THE TELEIOSAUR HAS BEEN SPOTTED ON SLITHER BEACH IN MONSTER ISLAND! STOP HER FROM GETTING ANY FURTHER!"

This would be amazing!

@kaizerin

This bug made it to live and have tested on current PTS build.

Bug: Upgrading Wasp SE to Wasp SE II gives you a Wasp SE II object which uses the Wild Eagle II vehicle model
    [Zone] Tarantula Hawk@removed: when I upgraded my Wasp SE to the mark 2 it changed the look to the Wild Eagle. Is that a bug or intended?
    ​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    You could probably project a neon sign that takes up 50% of the screen on everyone's screen round-the-clock that has a timer and a map for where the cosmics are, and people still wouldn't find their way there. A tiny bit of text that pops up doesn't even have a chance - the only people looking for it and paying attention for it will be the people who are probably already standing where the cosmic is gonna spawn.

On the other hand, if you add a button to the Alert interface that will pop up about 5 minutes before the cosmic spawns, and that will transport players there when they click on it, you'd probably fill the zone before those 5 minutes are up.

Buttons > announcements.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User

Something like:

or

But that's so completely annoying to anyone who doesn't give a rat's ****! If anything, make it appear in a chat channel that doesn't currently get used often for that sort of thing, like 'Standard' or 'System'; you know, generic game channels that you always start with having (though I oftentimes turn those off... I don't need my chatbox filled with notifications because I'm straddling the line between two neighborhoods). I feel like those big notifications just prove tiresome, not to mention that once they disappear, there's no evidence that they were there to begin with, as they don't leave any chatlog text.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.

You could probably project a neon sign that takes up 50% of the screen on everyone's screen round-the-clock that has a timer and a map for where the cosmics are, and people still wouldn't find their way there. A tiny bit of text that pops up doesn't even have a chance - the only people looking for it and paying attention for it will be the people who are probably already standing where the cosmic is gonna spawn.

On the other hand, if you add a button to the Alert interface that will pop up about 5 minutes before the cosmic spawns, and that will transport players there when they click on it, you'd probably fill the zone before those 5 minutes are up.

Buttons > announcements.

I like this idea :) It would make teaming for this a lot easier.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Something like:

or

Agreed.
    spinnytop said:

Buttons > announcements.

Better idea.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    What exactly is the point of open world content if you're going to treat it exactly like it's an instance ? Friends and groups spreading knowledge of where cool things are mutually is part of the MMO brand, and automatically teleporting straight to them, the game showing them instead of another player, completely defeats the concept of adventure.

Not all of the game needs to be transparent to new players right away, which is why I would even be against server wide announcements. Forcing players to go and check on objectives is not anti fun. However, spoiling the end game to newcomers does kinda hinder the experience, and alert style "save the world now" things are not good for the atmosphere, in my opinion. It just leaves more room for idling.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

Not all of the game needs to be transparent to new players right away, which is why I would even be against server wide announcements. Forcing players to go and check on objectives is not anti fun. However, spoiling the end game to newcomers does kinda hinder the experience, and alert style "save the world now" things are not good for the atmosphere, in my opinion. It just leaves more room for idling.

I've played with level 40's who don't even know there are other zones outside of M.C. And no.. I'm not exaggerating. I wish I could say that's a rarity but thanks to Alerts .. it's not as rare as you'd think.

Players need to know there is more to do than just stand around RenCen and wait for the Alert queues to pop. I'm totally perplexed why so many people are against a rather simple & helpful suggestion.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

What exactly is the point of open world content if you're going to treat it exactly like it's an instance ? Friends and groups spreading knowledge of where cool things are mutually is part of the MMO brand, and automatically teleporting straight to them, the game showing them instead of another player, completely defeats the concept of adventure.

I agree with you, but that ship sailed with On Alert.

I've played with level 40's who don't even know there are other zones outside of M.C. And no.. I'm not exaggerating. I wish I could say that's a rarity but thanks to Alerts .. it's not as rare as you'd think.

Players need to know there is more to do than just stand around RenCen and wait for the Alert queues to pop. I'm totally perplexed why so many people are against a rather simple & helpful suggestion.
    It just seems to add to the atmosphere of queuing and idling. Some sort of notification, maybe a mission that comes in a chain of missions or is given by Defender/Drifter/Somebody to make people aware of these cosmics would be a good idea. But a multiple zone announces going off in a staggered 4 hour rotation is seemingly catering more to laziness than it does reach out to people to be involved. It looks more like, "Oh, just stay in the rencen. If there is a cosmic, we'll let you know."
    edited April 2016
    xrazamax said:

It just seems to add to the atmosphere of queuing and idling. Some sort of notification, maybe a mission that comes in a chain of missions or is given by Defender/Drifter/Somebody to make people aware of these cosmics would be a good idea. But a multiple zone announces going off in a staggered 4 hour rotation is seemingly catering more to laziness than it does reach out to people to be involved. It looks more like, "Oh, just stay in the rencen. If there is a cosmic, we'll let you know."
    Adding it as something that defender can give out makes sense. I doubt there are resources to do a chain of missions for anything.

I'm also for a button, announcement etc. Anything that gets folks teaming for this.

I'd prefer for us to NOT have even more content the devs spend all this time on, to be seemingly ignored a week later.
    I actually do a lot of leveling/farming in all the zones outside of MC (call me old fashioned). It would really be helpful to have announcements broadcast in all zones.

Anyone planning any big group content tests for the new cosmic changess? The one a couple weeks ago was interesting.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Why not add a bounty board type thing by Defender? You can look at the board to see stuff like the Cosmic spawns. It can be in the form of a Most Wanted from Primus or Until or whatever. Player that are interested, can find out basic detail like where to go, level, group recommends, and maybe even show the timers when needed.

No one has to have extra buttons all over their UI, no more annoying messages all over the screen, and people can still be lazy in RenCen when they want.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited April 2016
    If not global announcements, then some sort of "thing" which allows ALL players to be able to run revamped content.

Trying to restrict content by not giving global announcements means that only a select few are able to encounter cosmics.

With the alert system as it is, not many players have any real reason to venture outside of MC.

It would be a very different story if we had to go to different locations to run alerts (i.e. queue up in a real world location or have completed [Insert Story Arc] before we can run a certain alert.) or have a real incentive to go to different zones whilst leveling.

I like this idea as well:
    sterga said:

Why not add a bounty board type thing by Defender? You can look at the board to see stuff like the Cosmic spawns. It can be in the form of a Most Wanted from Primus or Until or whatever. Player that are interested, can find out basic detail like where to go, level, group recommends, and maybe even show the timers when needed.

No one has to have extra buttons all over their UI, no more annoying messages all over the screen, and people can still be lazy in RenCen when they want.

It's probably worth noting that an announcement about the cosmics, as they are currently tuned, would be completely useless, because they're quite unlikely to be on the 'immediate farm' schedule. The current Cosmics disappear the moment they're up because they're soloable (if somewhat tedious) and quite fast with a small team. The revamped Cosmics are designed for twenty people; I don't know if they need the full count, but doing it with fewer than ten is probably unlikely. There really aren't any SGs or organized raiding teams that can just instantly assemble a team suitable for that fight, and that means the cosmics are unlikely to be attacked the moment they spawn. Instead, if players want to join a cosmic fight, they'll have to find a group planning one, and join in with them.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm...

I think that Ironclad, Onkonkwo (Monster Island) and Ravenspeaker should be the ones to tell players the Cosmics when they are up via their mission list, since the Cosmics are in those respective zones. For example, Ironclad could have two extra info questions within his mission list such has "Who is Qwijibo?" and "Has Qwijibo been sighted lately?", for example. The first question could be answered with a quick synopsis about Qwijibo and a warning about how tough he is and what is needed to defeat him. The second question could be answered with a short yes or no answer; for example, "Yes, he has been sighted near the Elder Worms or No, I haven't heard of him causing trouble lately." Yes, it would force people out of their Ren Cen comfy couches; however, I've never heard of a super hero being truly "comfortable".

I agree with the other people here about not having a global announcement in MC; it's not needed. Just imagine how that would play out during the Bloodmoon and the Winter Event; all of those announcement flying through the air would be too distracting!

sterga said:

Something like this would be better than constant game messages or more UI clutter.
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    sterga said:

Honestly, that sound's pretty good.
    Whatever they do, it has to be information accessible from any zone or whatever in the game or it will just further encourage players to congregate in one place, rather than going out and playing the majority of the game content. E.g. on my long, slow, dull drive to get 975 SCR for a costume unlock I spend my time waiting for alerts and rampages to pop farming in VB. It would be good to be able to determine if a cosmic is up somewhere without having to return to some arbitrary geographic point in the game. After all, I'm a well-known hero who's a member of Unity (you know, that agency that can teleport me to the moon and lots of other places) equipped with a cell phone. Seems like there should be a way for Unity to contact me directly when a massive cosmic level threat arises?

I wonder if it would be possible to create some sort of Unity check box form (perhaps accessible only to lvl 35s+?, or even just once you join Unity) that once checked will send an individual hero a message when a cosmic is up?
    JwLmWoa.png

Whatever they do, it has to be information accessible from any zone or whatever in the game or it will just further encourage players to congregate in one place, rather than going out and playing the majority of the game content. E.g. on my long, slow, dull drive to get 975 SCR for a costume unlock I spend my time waiting for alerts and rampages to pop farming in VB. It would be good to be able to determine if a cosmic is up somewhere without having to return to some arbitrary geographic point in the game. After all, I'm a well-known hero who's a member of Unity (you know, that agency that can teleport me to the moon and lots of other places) equipped with a cell phone. Seems like there should be a way for Unity to contact me directly when a massive cosmic level threat arises?

I wonder if it would be possible to create some sort of Unity check box form (perhaps accessible only to lvl 35s+?, or even just once you join Unity) that once checked will send an individual hero a message when a cosmic is up?

Maybe this "bounty board" could be a contact and you could pull up it up for a daily mission like you do with the UNTIL guy who gives alert dailies.

Whatever they do, it has to be information accessible from any zone or whatever in the game or it will just further encourage players to congregate in one place, rather than going out and playing the majority of the game content.

That... is completely incoherent. We should... let people get information without exploring to encourage them to explore?
    So, I'll try to provide an example. If I log in and am out "exploring" VB and a cosmic becomes active on MI how will I know about this? If there is only one location where this information can be learned and I want to participate in this event how will I find out about it? E.g. do I physically have to travel to the location where the cosmic spawns to check the timer? Do I physically have to travel to and interact with an NPC in MC? To my mind a automatic system that lets players know (wherever they are) when a cosmic appears is going to be really necessary to encourage player to get out into the world more and not feel like they have to stay in one place in order to hear about the event. Like I said, I'm a well-known hero who is a member of Unity; they should easily be able to send me a message and let me know about these major threats.

Whatever they do, it has to be information accessible from any zone or whatever in the game or it will just further encourage players to congregate in one place, rather than going out and playing the majority of the game content.

That... is completely incoherent. We should... let people get information without exploring to encourage them to explore?
    JwLmWoa.png
This discussion has been closed.