test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game could be amazing

There is one aspect of this game that makes it one of the absolute best superhero games of all time and one aspect that makes it absolutely not worth playing after one run through.

1) The great: You can make whatever character you want with whatever powers you want. That is amazing and it feels like no one realizes this outside of the ten or twelve people who still play this game. I talk to gaming nerds all the time and most have no idea about this game. It's upsetting.

This game is THE ONLY GAME that gives you the ability to be a super powered maniac, and it does it soooooooooo well. You can even play it in first person perspective. Just zoom it in and it looks so freaking cool. Fly up to the top of a building and jump in first person, then crash and see the dust and bits of concrete that you just slammed into (like a boss) fly around you.

It's amazing and it feels fairly real. I am the hero that I created, with the powers that I want, and I make the story I want.

2) The Terrible: You have to make the story you want because the bad guys or whatever are terrible. It's an inherent problem with the medium. You have a thousand different supers and one world for them to fight in. No one is going to fit like a glove, unless you were thinking of a large worn out glove that you know tons of people have already worn.

Still, the world feels more like 1960's batman, then 2005 Batman Begins. The world is over the top cartoony. The 'gangsters' I fight look like they may work for the penguin, or maybe the bad guy from 'rocketeer'.

On Netflix Daredevil is saving women from being forced into sex slavery, and I'm protecting firemen from robots who must have gotten lost while they were trying to invade Naboo.

To sum up, I have created a super who can kick magneto's Assimus Maximus, who can take on the avengers, and who can give galactus a run for his money, but all I have to fight is Cesar Romero in a bad green wig.

Comments

• Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Well this game is rated T for teens after all, but yes even then it is quite campy and I understand if not everyone is into that... the later places you go after Westside are not quite as bad, but the whole game is generally pretty cartoony, if that is a deal breaker for you than this probably isn't the superhero game you're looking for...not sure what is unfortunatly, let me know when you find something.

• Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    I have a 10yr old daughter that plays. She loves how everything looks. This is a great game for her to learn the basics on and has light humor that she can enjoy. She also loves to ask questions when missions reference something she doesn't understand. Explaining to her what a sex slave ring is and how she needs to go about stopping it really isn't on my things-dad-wants-to-do-list. I would much rather her complain (jokingly) about the silliness of Gadroon than explain some SVU missions.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    locketon said:

On Netflix Daredevil is saving women from being forced into sex slavery, and I'm protecting firemen from robots who must have gotten lost while they were trying to invade Naboo.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

Well this game is rated T for teens after all, but yes even then it is quite campy and I understand if not everyone is into that... the later places you go after Westside are not quite as bad, but the whole game is generally pretty cartoony, if that is a deal breaker for you than this probably isn't the superhero game you're looking for...not sure what is unfortunatly, let me know when you find something.

THIS^

you want something more gritty? go play NemCon or fight Therakiel. Those guys will make you feel like there are actual stakes beyond bad guys taking pot shots at you.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    I actually love the campy 60's superhero vibe of CO.

Today it's nothing but gritty this, and realism that in the superhero genre. Just take a look at Batman v. Superman as a prime example. Where is the heroism? Where is the fun? And most importantly...where is the joy?? These guys are supposed to be superHEROES...why did I leave the theater feeling mean and depressed?

There are plenty of dark, in your face reality crime games out there...let's please not make CO into one of them.
  • Options
    locketonlocketon Posts: 13 Arc User
    ajanus said:

I have a 10yr old daughter that plays. She loves how everything looks. This is a great game for her to learn the basics on and has light humor that she can enjoy. She also loves to ask questions when missions reference something she doesn't understand. Explaining to her what a sex slave ring is and how she needs to go about stopping it really isn't on my things-dad-wants-to-do-list. I would much rather her complain (jokingly) about the silliness of Gadroon than explain some SVU missions.

Wow, I never for a second considered your daughter in this. Probably because I could care less about your daughter. While I wish no specific harm on your daughter, I could not care less what she does or does not do. Actually, because she doesn't do cool things I feel bad for her. She goes around playing lame things because you don't want her watching things with any real substance.

In fact I hope she outgrows you very soon. I will pray for her tonight, that soon she will escape your parenting and read or watch something that actually matters, and not some silly campy crap you think is appropriate for her age.
  • Options
    I love this game. I do. I have played this on and off for years. I just hope it grows, and doesn't become too stagnant and fail. I do agree that Therakiel is pretty awesome, but I think it isn't enough. A major revamp is neccesary.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I hope she does outgrow me. Every parent hopes that for their children. Then maybe she will watch things with more substance like Daredevil on television then play games and complain they don't abuse women enough in them. I can only hope.

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

Today it's nothing but gritty this, and realism that in the superhero genre. Just take a look at Batman v. Superman as a prime example. Where is the heroism? Where is the fun? And most importantly...where is the joy?? These guys are supposed to be superHEROES...why did I leave the theater feeling mean and depressed?

There are plenty of dark, in your face reality crime games out there...let's please not make CO into one of them.

Where's the fun? Here's a quote from Zack Snyder:
    In my mind, it was that Robin had died 10 years earlier, during some run in with a young Joker (Jared Leto). To me, it was a fun backstory there to play with. The whole idea was that there had been loss and sacrifice. In a weird way, he sacrificed everything to be Batman, right? He doesn’t really have a life outside of the cave. I thought by including Robin — a dead Robin — it would help us understand he’s been on quite a little journey.
    locketon said:

Wow, I never for a second considered your daughter in this. Probably because I could care less about your daughter. While I wish no specific harm on your daughter, I could not care less what she does or does not do. Actually, because she doesn't do cool things I feel bad for her. She goes around playing lame things because you don't want her watching things with any real substance.

In fact I hope she outgrows you very soon. I will pray for her tonight, that soon she will escape your parenting and read or watch something that actually matters, and not some silly campy crap you think is appropriate for her age.

You're going to have to dial it back there. I will absolutely not abide people talking this way about people's kids or judge a guy for unfavorable parenting just because the kid likes fun stuff and not dark gritty murder stories.

I won't close the thread because you're entitled to your opinion, but seriously, don't go there again.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    locketon said:

Wow, this is such a horrible vile selfish little comment. My interest in this topic has just dropped to 0%

On a side note, I'm glad your daughter likes CO Ajanus, and I'm glad you feel safe letting her play it. It's nice having games that let players decided the kind of hero they want to be. Should the mods feel the need to delete comments or lock the thread I will understand.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

Wow, this is such a horrible vile selfish little comment. My interest in this topic has just dropped to 0%

On a side note, I'm glad your daughter likes CO Ajanus, and I'm glad you feel safe letting her play it. It's nice having games that let players decided the kind of hero they want to be. Should the mods feel the need to delete comments or lock the thread I will understand.

ditto​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    Honestly, it sounds like the OP hasn't played much of the game. All of the adventure packs and comic series are pretty dark in tone compared to west side.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    gradii said:

This thread got amusing fast.

The OP is like an almost literate Shev.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Biffsmackwell said

Where's the fun? Here's a quote from Zack Snyder:
    In my mind, it was that Robin had died 10 years earlier, during some run in with a young Joker (Jared Leto). To me, it was a fun backstory there to play with. The whole idea was that there had been loss and sacrifice. In a weird way, he sacrificed everything to be Batman, right? He doesn’t really have a life outside of the cave. I thought by including Robin — a dead Robin — it would help us understand he’s been on quite a little journey.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Fun=death in Zach's vision of 'heroes'.

Let's take a look at three other big screen superheroes by comparison:

Christopher Reeve's Superman (1978) - the ultimate goodguy. Though a bit dated, who doesn't feel good after watching this movie?

Chris Evan's Captain America. Marvel Studios nailed it here. Another TRUE hero. Even though set in a more realistic world, Cap is awesome! (that fight scene inside the elevator in 'Winter Soldier' with the Hydra agents....GO CAP GO!)

And believe it or not, Ryan Reynold's Deadpool. Pretty sad when a foul mouthed, R-rated antihero feels more heroic...and is more fun...than three big name DC movie heroes put together. You actually feel good about this guy.

I think CO does a fantastic job of letting me play heroes like the above. If I want sex slaves and murder...well all I need to do is break out a copy of GTA.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Without commenting on the OP's tastes, this is why I wish we had the Foundry. So we could design missions to fit various sub-genres and themes and tailor the game so the OP can enjoy a grittier experience while Ajanus's daughter could (hopefully) still find some light-hearted fun for all forty levels.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    locketon said:

Wow. This is quite possibly the darkest thing I've seen anyone post on these forums, Mr Edgelord.

Chill.
    ajanus said:

Hopefully you disregarded pretty much everything that creature said. Personally, I think it's awesome that your kid plays this game casually for fun. Just...don't let her go anywhere near Caprice. Pretty sure you don't want to explain why so many of the amazon women there are part equine. #IfYouKnowWhatIMean
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    locketon said:

Please tell me you are not now, never have been, and never will be a parent or responsible for supervising a young child. Most (if not all) ten-year-olds are not mature enough to understand much less emotionally deal with a subject like sex slavery.

There are plenty of things that actually matter which are appropriate for children. But let children be children ffs - don't expect them to be cognitively functional and emotionally stable adults. They aren't.
  • Options
    Yeah so, here is the thing: personal attacks are wrong/against the forum rules. That includes BOTH the OP attacking someone as a parent, AND the people responding by attacking the OP for his comments. Responding to someone else who is breaking the rules by breaking the rules yourself makes you just as guilty as the original offender. So maybe we can get past the personal attacks on both sides of that issue and get back to the topic.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    ok, my kid reads this forum. so can everyone please keep it clean and calm down with the insults a little.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    This thread is a disaster. Take note everyone, this is a great way to derail your own topic and make everyone hate you all at the same time.

Well done.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    It is. It was so much fun.

But to be fair, this stopped being relevant when everyone thought I meant a game had to have sex slaves to be fun.

This game has serious issues. This game will not last too much longer unless they fix it. I love this game. I have played it thoroughly. I have used one character and played with all the super powers, through all of the adventure packs, fighting every boss. I have fought graviton, and therakiel, and my favorite, in the lemurian crisis, my favorite boss, the bronze king. WHo I was so proud to beat by myself.

But what I'm talking about isn't anything new. Everything I'm saying was mentioned in the initial reviews for the game. I thought, if everyone online could acknowledge it, and we could have support. Maybe we could show enough people still liked the game that changing it sufficiently would be financially viable.

But you guys want to get bogged down in little things I mentioned, and talk about how you're happy your kids can play this game. I'll be honest. When I saw the comments, I realized how useless it was to try.

It's interesting. I have backed a few steam early access games, and most were terrible. But every time you went on the forums to talk about it, you'd get people blasting you for saying anything negative, no matter how right it was. Even War Z, the terrible zombie apocalypse game, people were defending it on the forums.

People who defend terrible features of games are responsible for destroying that game. When this game fails, I hope you guys realize by not talking about it, you were responsible.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    locketon said:

I have fought graviton, and therakiel, and my favorite, in the lemurian crisis, my favorite boss, the bronze king. WHo I was so proud to beat by myself.

The problem is, you are now directly contradicting what you said earlier:

locketon said:

To sum up, I have created a super who can kick magneto's Assimus Maximus, who can take on the avengers, and who can give galactus a run for his money, but all I have to fight is Cesar Romero in a bad green wig.

So in the OP you pretend like there are no epic villains, just "cesar romero in a bad green wig", but then you later acknowledge you HAVE fought the epic villains in the game. Just last night I played through the "Resistance" storyline again, and that is pretty hard core for a superhero MMO, and you can't ask for a more epic ending than the battle between the 2 Destroyers.

So I'm not sure if you are lying to yourself or trying to lie to other people to make them buy your argument. Either way, when you blatantly contradict yourself you can't expect people to buy what you are selling.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, so, instead of acknowledging the real argument, you pick things out that you 'feel' contradicts my main argument.

Look, I fought therakiel, and did not like it that much. Everyone points to the resistance storyline, because it is by far the best one. Although, I HATE that you fight as a giant destroyer in the end. I want my super bad **** guy to fight him. I pick fights with them on purpose to kick their behinds.

Most of the Lemuria area is super silly. Some parts are ok, and only the Bronze king is super cool. And out of every part of this game, where do you think I hang the most? Obviously the bronze king.

But, you are just picking at my argument to gloss over the real issue. I am not the only person who knows what I am saying is true. I am not the best authority on the subject who has said it. Look at every single article written about this game and they all say the same things.

But no, ya, you're right. I said I like a few things in the game, so obviously I'm just full of it.
  • Options
    locketon said:

Look, I fought therakiel, and did not like it that much. Everyone points to the resistance storyline, because it is by far the best one. Although, I HATE that you fight as a giant destroyer in the end. I want my super bad **** guy to fight him. I pick fights with them on purpose to kick their behinds.

What about the people who did like the fight with Therakiel? What about the people who do like fighting in the giant destroyer? You seem to be under the delusion that if something isn't done the way you personally prefer, that it must be wrong, but that just isn't the case.

PS: you don't have to fight in the giant destroyer if you don't want to. You can hop out.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    What you're saying is true?

First off, it's your opinion that the game isn't dark or serious enough. Not everyone enjoys that kind of stuff. But that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

The game won't last much longer unless they fix that? Well, that's fine that you think that, but you can join the long line of people who have been saying this exact same thing since the game launched six years ago, yet here we still are.

I personally enjoy "fun" comics stuff. I think the 90s comics were a disaster. I loved the stuff they put out in the 50s. I think all the DC movies out recently are crap because they're just Batman stories with Batman dressed up like other heroes. They should stick with stuff like Flash, I think. That show is the best thing they've done in TV or movies. I love Daredevil too, but I think Flash is better because it's more "fun".
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    I'll take The Brave and The Bold over The Dark Knight Returns any day.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The game has a Teen ESRB rating, so the whole argument of not wanting a 10 year old kid to be exposed to certain possible suggestive themes that may or may not be introduced into the game kinda flies out the window doesn't it?

Not saying that kids shouldn't be able to play the game, but if that rating is involved and the kid is allowed to play the game, pretty sure that the parent has to accept having to deal with potential kid questions regarding those issues.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User

The game has a Teen ESRB rating, so the whole argument of not wanting a 10 year old kid to be exposed to certain possible suggestive themes that may or may not be introduced into the game kinda flies out the window doesn't it?

Not saying that kids shouldn't be able to play the game, but if that rating is involved and the kid is allowed to play the game, pretty sure that the parent has to accept having to deal with potential kid questions regarding those issues.

I think you'll find that Teen rated game is still not going to have sex slave rings in it. It might have alcohol, smoking, swearing, violence, gambling, and even a bit of blood, but you're not going to have sexual content, at best veiled sexual innuendo, but I don't think you could have a prostitute never mind a sex slave with a teen rating. The OP wants a Mature game. CO isn't that game.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The OP wanting a mature theme is just an opinion with regards to the game's artisic direction. The only reason why I brought up the Teen rating is because someone decided to get uppity and make it about their 10 year old when that 10 year old has no business playing the game in the first place, even if I disagree with how the OP responded.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    To me the OPs complaint is the same old one. "This would be a great game...if it was a different game!"

Take what's offered. If it's not to your taste, play something else.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2016
    The game has plots in line with existing comic books. Mainstream Marvel run ain't all gritty.

Daredevil is a specific show made for adult audience. This game is not. It's T-rated.

Also, it simply wasn't made for playing a maniac. Hence no villain or rogue factions.

Snyder is a bad person to look up to. He'd probably consider City of Heroes not serious enough. When the guy makes Michael Bay movies looking optimistic and upbeat in comparison, you know his Frank Miller fetish went too far.

Here's me hoping that other people directing DC cinematic universe can and will deviate from the tone set by Snyder. Otherwise I'm not going anywhere close to these movies.​​
  • Options

Here's me hoping that other people directing DC cinematic universe can and will deviate from the tone set by Snyder. Otherwise I'm not going anywhere close to these movies.​​

They sure are! They're changing cinematographers now. Yup, that's where the problem was!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    The movies keep making money. Therefore they'll change nothing. :(
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    If DC is cool with "making money" instead of "making a S***LOAD OF F***ING MONEY", more power to them. I'm sure Marvel's cinematic universe will gladly let DC take their tiny slice of the pie.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    the OP wants the MA 17+ rating of his show.

someone else wanted open world pvp
    both started with " this game would be great if"
    it focussed on what they liked.

as soon as someone disagrees , they jump on the person.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    I'm not sure how many times I have ran through this game. I think I have around 30 pages of toons and I have never bought a single character slot...that's how many 40s. I have leveled all sorts of ways and I haven't found much outside of zone chat that would make me think this game wasn't "intended" for all audiences. They had to put the T rating on this game because of the blood splashes from powers like Bite, the way you can dress your female toons (she doesn't even notice this...she just likes pretty things), and because they have little control over the chat content by other players (outside of a profanity filter). If I was guessing, I would say most mmos have a T rating (or higher). We played a bit of WoW together and the quests were a bit of a grind for her so she lost interest. She watched me play Secret World a bit and she even said that was way past what she wanted (she isn't into zombies and such). Then she saw me play Champions and wanted to make a character, and she plays off and on ever since. I mean, if anything was ever introduced that I don't think she could deal with, I would definitely not let her play anymore, but as it stands now, this game has the perfect level of content that I am comfortable allowing her to play through.

Handle @brayv
  • Options

If DC is cool with "making money" instead of "making a S***LOAD OF F***ING MONEY", more power to them. I'm sure Marvel's cinematic universe will gladly let DC take their tiny slice of the pie.

DC's not involved. And Warner's will take "this worked once" over taking ANY risks whatsoever. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Okay, here's a perfect solution for the OP. You can play Champions and have the "dark'n'gritty" experience you seem to be after.

First, purchase the gamebook for Champions, as well as any supplementary books you'd like (available from the HERO Games website in either .pdf or dead-tree editions, and likely a lot of other places online as well). There are a lot of sourcebooks, but you really only need the main one and a good imagination. Now, gather together a group of friends, assuming you have any. Have one person as GM; the rest create characters (complete rules for doing so, as well as guidelines, are available in the books). The GM can now create a game world tuned to whatever genre you like - I'm partial to Silver-Age adventures, but if you want to use your superpowers to run underworld cage fights, that's up to you. (Did have a player once that couldn't adjust to my genre - it was a light-hearted time-travel adventure in which the heroes would ensure the Magna Carta was signed by King John in 1215, but he almost took it right off the rails in the beginning by insisting that one of the warehouses somewhere on the way to the time machine must have a drug lab he could steal intoxicants from...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User

To be fair...in order to even be a hero, people have to be in danger. That's the reality of a hero or "superhero". Therefore, at it's core, being a hero is inherently less "rainbows and sunshine".

Also, you can have fun without camp. The Flash tv show was mentioned in this thread. That's a perfect mix of serious and fun, but it doesn't really have any camp.

I wouldn't have much of a problem with how CO is in that regard, if it wasn't in almost every mission. They seem to like to make fun of themselves a bit too much for my liking.

"The most powerful human psychic in the world." ...no, that's too serious. Let's change him up and make him a Steve Urkel clone.

Having fun, and making some jokes is one thing...but full blown parody/camp in the game gets a bit annoying. To quote from Tropical Island..."You never go full retard."
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Heh, that Champions Online had a very bad writer initially and couldn't follow its own source material to save its life is known since a long time.
    Fortunately it did change later since adventure packs, comic issues, and newer events like Mechanon's. Later events and addons are more evenly mixed.

Ironically, the person who did such a cheap hackjob by basically stuffing in every lazy popculture fart joke they could find was an actual comic book writer and even worked for Marvel.
    It's just that they took money and went with a path of the least resistance. Or they simply did not care.

Fortunately they're no longer anywhere close to CO and later writing for the game did improve.​​
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    To be fair...in order to even be a hero, people have to be in danger. That's the reality of a hero or "superhero". Therefore, at it's core, being a hero is inherently less "rainbows and sunshine".

Also, you can have fun without camp. The Flash tv show was mentioned in this thread. That's a perfect mix of serious and fun, but it doesn't really have any camp.

I wouldn't have much of a problem with how CO is in that regard, if it wasn't in almost every mission. They seem to like to make fun of themselves a bit too much for my liking.

"The most powerful human psychic in the world." ...no, that's too serious. Let's change him up and make him a Steve Urkel clone.

Having fun, and making some jokes is one thing...but full blown parody/camp in the game gets a bit annoying. To quote from Tropical Island..."You never go full retard."

I will have to disagree about Flash TV show having no camp. It has plenty of it. It just tends to be overshadowed by the rest. considering the solution for every problem Flash came across was to "just go faster" instead of thinking up a real solution was already camp.

But yes, Flash is a mix of serious and fun that's what makes it good. Better than Gotham by a lot. Can't say the same for Arrow, however, they keep repeating the same plot line every season and it's gotten too predictable.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options

• Options

Ironically, the person who did such a cheap hackjob by basically stuffing in every lazy popculture fart joke they could find was an actual comic book writer and even worked for Marvel.

Oh, I have to know who, now. Sounds like it could be the likes of Chuck Austin. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Oh, I have to know who, now. Sounds like it could be the likes of Chuck Austin. :)

John Layman.

Has in his portfolio writing for the Big Two, Image, IDW, Dark Horse.​​
  • Options
    Darn don't know him. Looking at his list...doesn't seem to have written anything of note at all. Editor at Wildstorm? Probably some buddy of Jim Lee's that got thrown some work.

His work here stands for itself, though. **holds nose** :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    raveraptor7raveraptor7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    The best part is, the world in this MMO is unlike any other.

How many MMO's are not set in a high fantasy setting or ultra-dark futuristic setting?

The only other I can think of is Secret World, and that is just... Meh... and the only other that could rival Champs would be City of Heroes, but that went the way of the dodo.

With Champs, you can spend hours just wandering around Millennium City, either beating up bad guys, finding interesting buildings you can just go into and find out are social spots, the occasional reference here and there. And every player has a unique and interesting look. It's like exploring a major city in vanilla WoW before Blizzard decided to **** things up and break all the easter eggs they had, ruin the art of their world, and then assign players their farmville bunkers.

This game is just fantastic, but they really need to get the word out, do more updates/events, and ease up on lockboxes because there are too many.
  • Options
    ok, going with the idea that I am trying to push my personal tastes on the community, does everyone else think the game is fine how it is?

The game's level cap stopped at 40. Very few powers have been introduced since the game started. Although, I will admit the powers, like wind, have been very fun to play with.

I am genuinely asking, does everyone here think the game is, structurally fine? My argument was that the whole set up, not just the writing, but the whole set up of how the player interacted with the environment and the game enemies was not as good as it could be.

I was arguing for a whole revamp of the environment. In my opinion, adding the adventure packs, and the instant boss fights was a band aid on a larger problem.

But what I'm getting from the community is that every feels this is good. That the game is good the way it is.

Yet again, I'm not asking if all of you think adding more sex and grit will make it better. I am not asking that. What I'm asking is more open ended, Is the game fine, or do you believe it needs to be fixed?