test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Desert and Canada Crisis as repeatable Dailies?

Why not make these crisis zones like the adventure packs and make them repeatable dailies with questionite or marks reward? The content is already made, so why not give it some end game value?

@ladygadfly @crypticarkayne @splosions​​ @kaizerin

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Huh. I'd have thought that for story and continuity reasons, the reply would be "because it would be unrealistic for this crisis to happen every day" but the crises are not so different than the comic series. And if anything, they could just be done as "simulations", give another reason to head back into Ravenswood.

They'd have to change all the mobs to scale to player level, but seemingly not a lot else. I think it's a good idea.
    biffsig.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User

Huh. I'd have thought that for story and continuity reasons, the reply would be "because it would be unrealistic for this crisis to happen every day" but the crises are not so different than the comic series. And if anything, they could just be done as "simulations", give another reason to head back into Ravenswood.

They'd have to change all the mobs to scale to player level, but seemingly not a lot else. I think it's a good idea.

I agree, it is no different than repeating the same comic stories over and over. And I did consider the mob scaling, although it might be easier to just scale the player down to that level range but let them keep all their powers. Either way, whichever is easier would accomplish the same thing.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    I do like the idea of having them as more Ravenswood simulations - "let the kids see how you handle the situation now that you're more experienced" sort of thing.

Probably easier to scale the villains than to scale back the heroes, at least I'd think so. If I'm wrong, well, whatever works for that, ya know?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    jonsills said:

I do like the idea of having them as more Ravenswood simulations - "let the kids see how you handle the situation now that you're more experienced" sort of thing.

Probably easier to scale the villains than to scale back the heroes, at least I'd think so. If I'm wrong, well, whatever works for that, ya know?

I agree whatever is easier is the way to go. The only reason I think the hero scaling might be easier is because I seem to remember reading, at some point in the past(possibly related to STO's foundry?) that NPC groups have to be built to scale and do not automatically do it. So if the NPCs in the crisis zones were not built for scaling, then that would mean they would have to replace all of them with scaling groups...which would be quite a lot of NPCs to replace.

But again, I might be remembering that wrong.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    While we are at it, they should make the tutorial repeatable in the same manner. Some out there who went through the tutorial missed out on a few perks and some perk hunters would love to get them done once and for all who missed them years ago. This would also be a separate zone from the new players tutorial zone as well. Ever since Ravenwood came to be, I always thought of it to have a indoor instance where its like the Champs HQ front desk, talk to the receptionist there to 'enter' a simulation of past events, and the Desert and Canada crisis fits that bill.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    drgmstr said:

While we are at it, they should make the tutorial repeatable in the same manner. Some out there who went through the tutorial missed out on a few perks and some perk hunters would love to get them done once and for all who missed them years ago. This would also be a separate zone from the new players tutorial zone as well. Ever since Ravenwood came to be, I always thought of it to have a indoor instance where its like the Champs HQ front desk, talk to the receptionist there to 'enter' a simulation of past events, and the Desert and Canada crisis fits that bill.

Anything that would let us get back into Ravenswood would be a good thing, IMO.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    drgmstr said:

Yes, I always enjoyed the tutorial invasion mission. I would enjoy doing that every now and then on high level characters too.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Not a bad idea. Will add it to the list! :-)

Not a bad idea. Will add it to the list! :-)

The tutorial would also make a pretty cool Rampage, I think, like Lemurian Invasion.
    biffsig.jpg
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    Yes! Especially if we can get the repeatable version with some of the old stuff added back in; I know I never got to see the first incarnation of the tutorial, and I still miss rescuing that cat...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    haha... the cat was pitifully easy. You just walk into an alley. The trick was finding the person who gives you the mission.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

The tutorial would also make a pretty cool Rampage, I think, like Lemurian Invasion.

I always wanted a variant where you got to ride the giant bullet into the Qularr mothership, though that would require actually writing a mission and creating a map (Invasion's Epilogue... or Epitaph has a map that should be the same ship, but it's probably easier to create a new map than to alter that one).

I agree whatever is easier is the way to go. The only reason I think the hero scaling might be easier is because I seem to remember reading, at some point in the past(possibly related to STO's foundry?) that NPC groups have to be built to scale and do not automatically do it.

Pretty sure that was about team size scaling, level scaling seems to be pretty straightforward. It wouldn't be very challenging, but that's hardly unusual for CO content. Could just make all Crisis mobs Scary Monsters.

While we're at it, Vibora Bay Apocalypse could also be added to the mix.

While we're at it, Vibora Bay Apocalypse could also be added to the mix.

Definitely agree.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    hmm, that's the one Totemic helm drops in. The one which is your level when it drops and costs 350 SCR in the vendor.
    You could get the daily mission and just farm over and over till you get the drop by not handing in​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

chaelk said:

hmm, that's the one Totemic helm drops in. The one which is your level when it drops and costs 350 SCR in the vendor.

You could get the daily mission and just farm over and over till you get the drop by not handing in​​

Scary monster tech results in loot drops at the inherent level of the critter, though arguably it shouldn't.
    is that why Takophanes's undead drop level one junk?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    I suggested this a while ago.
    Glad to see the idea getting traction.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    So weird I was thinking of making a similar suggestion. We have so much content in Canada, MI, and Lemuria that no one ever does. Why not re-purpose some of that into dailies for Q and SCR? Plus it would help with the the "where's the content" problem some people run into at 40.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    I wish all the content in the game could be scaled to your character's level past a certain point. (Say 25?). It would certainly help with content if some of those missions in the Desert and Canada could be done closer to 40.

Does that happen to a 40? Because the problem I run into every Blood Moon is that the stuff they drop is my level +10. So, for instance, my 26 gets gear that he can't wear until he's level 36 (by which time I probably have better stuff anyway...).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

The boxes drop level 1 stuff because bugs. The critters drop stuff at a level appropriate to the area they're in, so low level in westside, higher level in city center and downtown.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

Tako's best was when he made characters who teamed, change to level 0.
    The device items drop at YOUR level. Gear drops at area level.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Wasn't that the automatic Team-Up on the Anniversary Mega Destroids?

Fun fact, even after that was fixed, I was flying around in that area during the Mega Destroid Attack, and I lost some XP. It slapped me down to level 39, but after I killed like one dude, I went back up to 40. Sadness: I did not unlock another character slot.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2016
    chaelk said:

»

Tako's best was when he made characters who teamed, change to level 0.

Hmm... maybe I was thinking of the loot boxes in the crypts.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited April 2016
    chaelk said:

The open mission rewards are at your level, critter drops are at the critter level (crypt rewards have npcs at your level and thus also match your level). The drops from the treasure boxes are level 1.

chaelk said:

The open mission rewards are at your level, critter drops are at the critter level (crypt rewards have npcs at your level and thus also match your level). The drops from the treasure boxes are level 1.
    Again, my experience in this regard is that the drops from the treasure boxes are (my level)+10. Turns even the good stuff into vendor trash, because I don't play long enough at a sitting to gain ten levels any time soon.

Maybe next time I should play with a 40, and get gear I can hand off to a new toon... :smile: