test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] super-magnifier aura and super-shrinker aura,rainbow aura,rainbow super speed TP

alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Suggestions Box
i would love to see super-magnifier aura and super-shrinker aura,rainbow aura,rainbow super speed TP
also four arms option like grond

:3

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    God willing it will never happen. Since the hit box is based on the size of a character, PvPers will exploit this with as tiny as they can get characters, and PvErs will make targeting the right critter an absolute nightmare, thanks to Champions horrible tab targeting system, especially since a majority of giant characters tend to also pick huge tails and wings and be exceptionally inconsiderate to their fellow players, since those make hit boxes even larger.

So no, considering the amount of grief that goes on. I wish they would actually remove the shrink and grow powers because seeing people exploit that crap and make a nuisance of themselves in game is bad enough. No, your concept is not worth the rest of the games peace of mind.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    If they fixed the hit box issue, I could see this being doable, otherwise, no.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I would love to get Shrinker Aura... I wish my little fire imp could remain her normal height rather than quadrupling in size the instant she enters combat...

Honestly though I'd actually be happy with a combat disabled shrink/grow aura that automatically turns back on after exiting combat... if possible have it only work in the Combat Aura slot but reverse the inputs... Entering combat disables exiting combat enables.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    There's another consideration to, if your character grows in size it's increasing resource requirements, of all the effects that increase in size with you? And when was the last person you saw that wasn't strapping a min of four auras at once, even as a giant, not including power effects that his them. This is a server crash waiting to happen type situation, to be honest.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

And when was the last person you saw that wasn't strapping a min of four auras at once​​

Every day... nearly everyone I see... Infact I rarely ever see anyone with more than 1 or 2 aura's active at once...
    jniKqKJ.png
    raighn wrote: »
    Every day... nearly everyone I see... Infact I rarely ever see anyone with more than 1 or 2 aura's active at once...

i see a number of people everyday with multiple auras active.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Are hit boxes and collision boxes different in Champs?

I ask because when I use a Giant Growth toon w/Super Magnifier, he can move through any space my normal sized characters can, and my Super Shrinker faerie character cannot move through smaller spaces than more normal sized characters.

Likewise, when a super-giant character is standing in RenCen, showing everyone how they manipulated the game to be super duper huge, I can fly a toon over to sit inside the character's chest. This is similar to how wings are visual only--they are not part of a toon's collision box.

Do hit boxes work differently?

P.S. I only ever use 1constant and 1 combat aura at most on all of my toons. Most use 1 combat-only, and some don't use any aura ever.

P.P.S. Definitely I see toons every day with two or three constant auras. Not a majority, but fairly common.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • well, i know whenever there are particularly large characters around smaller ones, i always end up selecting the bigger character unless i'm at a specific angle...so i'd say yes - hitboxes are different from collision boxes

oh, and vehicles have a similar annoyance, even the smaller ones like grav bikes​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Personally I'd love to have a Super Mag Aura for my Dragon's, but it should only work with 1 active at a time, so having 2, one all the time and in combat or Device tray would just cancel each other out , no size change, and stacking wouldn't work either, their has also been a topic made not long ago by @Notyuu about this, basically trading your Enrage Giant Growth to give you the equivilent of 8stacks all the time, Enrage stacking wouldn't increase size.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    none of mine have more than two auras because i refuse to buy more aura slots
    besides I can stand the sight of most of them​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    rtma said:

Personally I'd love to have a Super Mag Aura for my Dragon's, but it should only work with 1 active at a time, so having 2, one all the time and in combat or Device tray would just cancel each other out , no size change, and stacking wouldn't work either, their has also been a topic made not long ago by @Notyuu about this, basically trading your Enrage Giant Growth to give you the equivilent of 8stacks all the time, Enrage stacking wouldn't increase size.

Yeah it would work like

Super mag aura gives growth A, Growth A does not stack and over-rides/cancles out growth B
    Size increasing effects not from the aura grant growth B

Shrinker Aura would give shrink A, which would not stack and over-rides/cancels out shrink B
    Size decreasing effects not from the aura would grant shrink B
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    Ah, I see.

Yes, being able to have the growth granted by 8 stacks of Enrage would be great to have without having to take Enrage as a toggle.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    There is a version of in combat shrinking already in game.

However it is not available to players.

Run a GRAB Alert and fight Hummingbird, she is not naturally that small, she is using an in combat device/aura which makes her tiny. This is clearly observable during the final cutscene on the win condition. So far that has not made her:

1) Impossible to target.
    2) Game breaking
    3) Cause server issues (granted it's only one and it's an NPC)

She can easily be killed defeated, all it has done to her is to make her smaller than most.

I think there is more of an issue with Super GROWTH than there is with Super SHRINKING.

I suspect in order to make a "suitable" super growth aura, something similar to what Master of the Mind's VFX does (or better yet, Psimon's Psi Titan) does. All that would be required is that your character's costume is placed onto that outer structure and your actual character is invisible. Although it would have to be a set height which is not too stupidly massive (making yourself close to the size of a part of a building) and not such a small increase it would be deemed a waste of time.

Whereas for Super Shrinking...well, that's already in game and we can see from Hummingbird that it can work quite well in combat with no issues with her being impossible to target or hiding under things.

Enemies will target you regardless of how small or large you are anyway.

For what it's worth, I've been asking for a Super Shrinking Aura (In combat) for a while now. Even if we can't get an aura to work in combat...it would be great to see an ONH power which reduced you in size granting additional dodge/avoidance chance and a movement speed boost.

"Diminutive Defense - Diminutive Defense charges your next attack with an altered miniaturization field this time centered on you. After attacking you will begin to shrink rapidly, granting you 18% increased dodge chance and 5% additional avoidance, also increasing your movement speed and jump height by 33% for 18 seconds.

Rank 2 - 22% increased dodge chance and 6% additional avoidance, also 40% increase to movement speed and jump height for 18 seconds.

Rank 3 - 30% increased dodge chance and 7% additional avoidance, also 45% increase to movement speed and jump height for 18 seconds.

Two Point Advantage - If I'm going down, so are you! - Causes Diminutive Defense to shrink the targets of your attack as well as you. This advantage also increases the damage you deal against shrunk targets by 15%.

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    rtma said:

YES!
    PLEASE YES <3<3
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    edited April 2016
    I feel it's worth noting that Shrunken characters are actually no harder to select than normal size... infact the game will often select them if you click anywhere near them or in the area that they would have occupied if they weren't shrunken... at least that has been my experience
    jniKqKJ.png
    raighn said:

I feel it's worth noting that Shrunken characters are actually no harder to select than normal size... infact the game will often select them if you click anywhere near them or in the area that they would have occupied if they weren't shrunken... at least that has been my experience

I find this to be true, too. Likewise, a shrunken character can't go anywhere a normal character can't. Same for giant characters.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Growing characters no, for the obviously stated reasons. Sorry guys, it may be part of the genre, but it becomes horrible in a video game.

The tiny one would be fine... so long as it automatically deactivates in pvp. Rainbow stuff is nice. Four arms is unlikely due to animations and stuff.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    1. Magnifier and Shrinker Auras are a big no for all the reasons stated!
      I still remember when someone has been using incombat Magnifier device Exploits during Gravitar (this got fixed now) to be bigger than the camera max distance! He was so big only his feet where showing, to the point where his model dissapeared! Also caused a HELL a lot of Lagspikes
      and the lagspikes get worse when the character use multiply auras
    2. Rainbow aura and Rainbow super speed TP will work, just take the Rainbow Flight visuals. Not a big fan of Colour Vomit personally
    3. Four Arms option is a big no due to tech issues! The enemies who use four arms have different skeletons and use powers specifically made for their models! Giving players 4 Hands options means a Nightmare amount of heavy Modification to player's models, costumes, animations and Powers
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Having a Growth Aura for the 'Permanent 8stacks of Enrage Giant Growth size' (In or out of combat) shouldn't be that bad, especially if you can't stack it(Super Mag Device/Enrage form), every player can potentially accomplish that with Enrage builds so why not an aura for those that like to trade for or use that Size and doesn't have to use a short lived Enrage stacking form have that choice?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    avianos said:

1. Magnifier and Shrinker Auras are a big no for all the reasons stated!

I still remember when someone has been using incombat Magnifier device Exploits during Gravitar (this got fixed now) to be bigger than the camera max distance! He was so big only his feet where showing, to the point where his model dissapeared! Also caused a HELL a lot of Lagspikes

​​
    Growth Aura is the big no... Shrink Aura's actually don't pose any issues in combat, contrary to some peoples belief it is no harder to target a shrunken target than it is to target a normal sized target... The only reason we've been given in any official capacity as to why a shrink aura might not happen is that allowing one may result in an unwanted uproar from the comunity demanding the same treatment for the other... Which quite frankly is non-sensical since growth already has multiple long-term easily accessable in-combat options for it... Shrinking has 1 specific highly limited short duration option...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    they dont need to be full size or full minimum size they can be half though

or about 2/5 or so

also i do second a super shrinker aura :3