test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are the devs abscent from the Champions Online forums ?.

I've written several posts about issues with the game, and poor decisionmaking in terms of creating or removing content.

Devs that cares about games and their costumers should pay more attention and be more interactive, yet they are totally
abscent on the forums and continues to make the majority of the players more and more disappointed.
We need devs to start paying attention to the feedback and not just have the forums there for fun.

I have tried writing emails to Cryptic directly but their only mail is the support. Something needs to be done to the current
poor state of the game and its way of constantly stomping on the players efforts to improve their characters.

If someone knows a valid Cryptic Studios email, please share.

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    You can message Devs directly, by clicking their names in their posts.

They usually post in the PTS forum, but also in Super News Network, including the Release Notes section.
    Rarely, they post in other places.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    In general, it does not make sense for devs to respond to forum comments, questions, and suggestions, except when they relate to technical issues.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Because the complainers don't exactly make this a friendly environment for them to come chat in. If there was a bunch of people on a forum constantly saying you're terrible at your job and accusing you of varying levels of conspiracy, would you be in a hurry to go chat with them?
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    And in relative terms, we've had more interaction with the devs recently than I've seen in the the 3+ years I've been here.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    because they have WORK to do. You know, the stuff which is on the PTS.

so you've written several posts, on what you think, are poor decision making.
    How do you know they haven't read it?
    How much time do you think our SMALL team of Devs have to waste, reading random threads on the forums?

How do you know the majority of the players are unhappy?
    You can't be talking about the forums because this is a very small minority of players.
    In game, I hear a FEW people complaining because "the Devs ruined their build", going on and on about it.Trying to get others upset enough to complain.
    as well as the usual , serial complainer on their third acct, doing what they usually do ingame, complain about everything not being the way they want it.

Have you stopped to think about who the Devs get orders from?
    I'll give you a hint, it isn't the players.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Because the complainers don't exactly make this a friendly environment for them to come chat in. If there was a bunch of people on a forum constantly saying you're terrible at your job and accusing you of varying levels of conspiracy, would you be in a hurry to go chat with them?

I don't complain and i don't say the Devs are doing a terrible job tho. I question decisions and the reasoning behind them as well as pointing out things that are currently wrong with the game and working against the players.

1) The drastic increase in Heroic gear cost - No reasoning was given to this insane increase, and there is no logic behind the price.
    2) The removal of the loot from the Cosmic worldbosses - same there, no reason was given.
    3) The chat-bug in Rampages that forces the player to exit game to fix it - still hasn't been sorted out.
    4) Why it takes a player weeks to get the first startergear for level 40 - Mercernary, which isn't that good anyway.
    5) Why the party automatically disbands when exiting a Rampage..
    6) Why players are punished for their efforts in farming gear in Rampages by having diminishing return on the components droprate.

These are just simple questions where the reasoning and logic behind the decision eludes me.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    all of those are complaints. You are saying you don't like the decisions, that is complaining.No reasoning was given to this insane increase,Why players are punished for their efforts

1. probable reason, it was ridiculously easy to get things with recognition. Just by levelling 1 character to 40, My silver acct got nearly all the costumes.
    2. what was the reward ?Kigitilik still drops his. Only reward I've heard on big monkey and dino is AF's
    3. has anyone managed to wok out exactly what sets it off, so the Devs can repeat the test, then fix it. If they can't reproduce the bug, they can't fix it.
    4. Mercenery gear,you can pick up from the ah, it's a fairly common drop from lockboxes. You sound like you're buying it from the Q store.
    5. probably the same reason it automatically teams people at the start of alerts.
    6. so people don't just do it all day, as people were doing and get all they need in the first 2 weeks. Then go "there's nothing to do" Same reason the gear is BOP. So youhave to do the Rampages to get the gear.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Just because the devs didn't make the changes you demanded doesn't mean they didn't read your feedback, or anyone else's. It just means that your feedback wasn't the only thing they had to work with. Sometimes there are coding reasons why a thing has to be a particular way; other times it's a matter of instructions from On High; still others it's that the feedback given isn't particularly useful ("This sucks, change it!" isn't terribly helpful, for example).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    diggot said:

I don't complain and i don't say the Devs are doing a terrible job tho.

Then what would you call this: WHY ARE THE DEVS RUINING CHAMPIONS ONLINE ?.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    Maybe cause this is one of the few games that defends a lack of communication. Other game communities don't pull this nonsense and retain decent playerbases.
    But the standard response in regards to your query will be "the community is too mean!".
    Utter drivel.
    Most diehards have moved on and you have a few wankers controlling the forums.

Move on and find a new game like the rest of us.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

Maybe cause this is one of the few games that defends a lack of communication. Other game communities don't pull this nonsense and retain decent playerbases.
    But the standard response in regards to your query will be "the community is too mean!".
    Utter drivel.
    Most diehards have moved on and you have a few wankers controlling the forums.

Move on and find a new game like the rest of us.

I thought you left. Why are you still haunting the forums of a game you don't play?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    2 reasons

1. I've spent more than you 2 trolls on this game. Period.

2. I don't need your permission to post here or play the game.

3. Now shut your sanctimonius phony traps. No one likes you.
    And yes 3 was bait you goons.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2016

2 reasons

1. I've spent more than you 2 trolls on this game. Period.

2. I don't need your permission to post here or play the game.

3. Now shut your sanctimonius phony traps. No one likes you.

And yes 3 was bait you goons.

So is this what "moving on" looks like?
    Dunno The Last. You tell me. You'd know.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

How old are you?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends

How old are you?
    How old are you? I don't need discredited posters to back me up. I guess the answer is old enough not to give a whit about your playground/mob mentality.

How old are you?
    How old are you? I don't need discredited posters to back me up. I guess the answer is old enough not to give a whit about your playground/mob mentality.
    So... 13, then. Good to know.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited March 2016

How old are you?
    Thanks for proving my point, person I have never seen do anything even remotely positive in game. Keep talking though. No seriously, please. It serves to point out the non player troller perspective. You are legends in your own minds.

**edit: I just read your primus page on a lark. Reads like an extremely childish adult wrote it. Rewrite it before the sacharrin nonsense makes anyone else feel nauseated.
    Post edited by lafury001200 on

How old are you?
    Thanks for proving my point, person I have never seen do anything even remotely positive in game. Keep talking though. No seriously, please. It serves to point out the non player troller perspective. You are legends in your own minds.

**edit: I just read your primus page on a lark. Reads like an extremely childish adult wrote it. Rewrite it before the sacharrin nonsense makes anyone else feel nauseated.

edited March 2016
    The day your child reads your primus page he or she will vomit and then hire you an english coach.
    Oh wait your kid will need money and time for a crane to haul a 400lb man who calls himself "sister" outta bed. When that's done and you are lying on an industrial sized pallet that can support your weight try another comeback.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    This thread didn't start out on a high note, but it's still managed to degenerate. Someone please lock it.
This discussion has been closed.