test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Silver Age Sentinels!

2»

Comments

• somerandomkid500somerandomkid500 Posts: 79 Arc User
    I've actually been meaning to check into this SG (Young Sentinels at least) to see if its still open, active and recruiting? :smile: cause I've been wanting to find a teen-related SG to throw my character, Overseer in :wink:
    Main OC: Glitch - Conduit of The Network

“I put a 'Glitch' in your system!”
  • qqafgqegqe4agqqafgqegqe4ag Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I went to their website some time ago and put in an app as suggested- they don't seem to be very active anymore.
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    The website's taken a hit in activity mostly due to the need to switch from Guildportal to Enjin due to the former's shutdown, but even still the group remains active in game-- especially as Young Sentinels. Don't give up just yet!

Only enough officer to go around, and some have been pretty busy as of late. That, or fighting connection issues which makes it hard to get to people for IC interviews reliably.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have a charecter who is the latst prson to take up th mantle of a irish hero that has been active through the ages and was last seen before he took up th mantel in WW2 were his grandfather was the last Emerald Pheonix. Can I join?
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    This sg sounds perfect for me, the link doesnt work and just takes us to the forum index of the category, anyways I light rp and have fun, looking for a fairly mature sg to have fun with and learn the game. please invite me thank you:)
  • rjr2409rjr2409 Posts: 42 Arc User
    hey is this sg still active if so i would like to join my @handle is @rjr24 plz message or pm me
  • captainharlock2captainharlock2 Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2016
    Hello. Brand new to Champions online but not to MMO's. I'm also currently in Warframe and Star Trek Online, besides playing many others including DCUO. I hated that DCUO locked everything behind paywalls so I quit. I wish I tried out Champions sooner, I like it much better especially with the controller support.

I'm pretty chill and dont make any waves, I love to RP when I can, but also just like to sit and game. I have experience working with others and can be trusted to help when called upon. I also like things from the silver/bronze age. From everything Ive seen I like your group and I was going to put an app in to your website,(which I had to do a google search for because I couldn't find a link) however one question jumped out at me. "How do you feel about our exclusion of casual killers and vigilante antiheroes?"

Casual Killers, oh I can see that, I don't care for that at all. However "vigilante antihero" that's a bit of a broad term don't you think? We are all government sanctioned vigilante's. How do you define the term "anti-hero"? Is that anyone that might balk at authority/government figures? Does that mean guys that dress up like flying mammals and brood on gargoyles? I don't mean to sound rude by any means.

I only ask because my hero is inspired by the character "Captain Harlock"(see avatar pic) created by one Leiji Matsumoto. There are many stories involving Harlock however his story includes basically rebelling against the Earth government for either extreme corruption or it being taken over by Aliens.

Also he was created in the 70's which makes him silver/bronze age, if that helps.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Hey Captain Harlock, go ahead and put in that application on our site, and the link to the site is on the first post, I just made the link in text, like this. no idea why that trips so many people up, but I'll try making the text huge.

And that question isn't nearly as broad as you think.. Brooding, gargoyle-perching avengers of the night are fine, Body bag filling maniacs are not.

Basically, Batman and Wolverine [in his less bloodthirsty stories] would be welcome, Punisher and Deadpool would not be.

And the Government Sanction of UNTIL, Primus and so on makes all the difference, at such point a character isn't an illegal vigilante any longer. Anyone fighting against Injustice in a responsible fashion would likely be able to find a home in our coalition of teams, assuming the player is accepted into our ranks. :smiley:
  • lastidaholastidaho Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hello. I submitted an application but the site gave me an error when I tried to confirm my email address. Should I resubmit?
  • thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    lastidaho said:

Hello. I submitted an application but the site gave me an error when I tried to confirm my email address. Should I resubmit?

Hey there. Sorry no one has gotten back to you yet, holidays and all that. I can check to see if there is an open application for you on the site and try and nudge one of the leaders to check it if so. What character did you apply with?

*Edit*
    Actually, I found your application. Rune has replied to it on the site and is actually looking for some feedback from you. Please head over to the site and take a look.
  • laswon1989laswon1989 Posts: 1 Arc User
    That link led me nowhere

Still recruiting ? I have a mic and a healer.

edited January 2017

That link led me nowhere

This link here?

The Silver Age Sentinels

Just checked, still works great for me.
  • doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    Hey there. I'm trying to be more social, I put in an application on the website. Wish me luck. :P
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
    edited July 2017

Hey there. I'm trying to be more social, I put in an application on the website. Wish me luck. :P

It's been a while, but uh.. welcome aboard, Evilface. ;)
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    iamrune said:

That link led me nowhere

This link here?

The Silver Age Sentinels

Just checked, still works great for me.
    Are you still recruiting?
    I am not much of a Role Player in game due to slow typing skills, but I would like the chance of being on a team. I only have a free account, and I am a older (58 this year), and play some strange hours 2AM to 430AM EST.
    Test post. It seems now some of my posts have to be approved?

Is this a new thing on the forums?
  • korvus#4647 korvus Posts: 1 New User
    Taken a shot in the dark here, but I'm curious if anyone can help an old noob like me with a couple of questions.
    Is Champions Online still active and if so, I would be interested in playing and joining a very active Super Group who may take me under their wing to guide me.
  • dyspaire#3456 dyspaire Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @iamrune said:
    > The Silver Age Sentinels
    >
    >
    > [Light Role-play, Casual-Friendly, and Silver to Bronze Age Fun themed Super Group]
    >
    >
    >
    > Liberty. Justice. Security. Peace.
    >
    > These are the four pillars of a better world: a land of hope, freedom, and truth, where life is not a burden to endure but a joy to experience. There are threats you cannot conquer, tragedies you cannot avoid, and sins you cannot punish. We are here to help. We will support you when you stumble, keep watch when you sleep, and help you achieve the unreachable. We will show you how to touch Paradise. We are The Sentinels, and you are safe on our watch.
    >
    >
    > Who we are, what we stand for;
    > Silver Age Sentinels focuses on what heroes do best, being heroes.
    >
    > This team has existed since old beta, I long kept the group an invitation-only, small and 'best kept secret' type of group, and I have decided that it is time to open the doors to welcome in more like-minded Role-players.
    >
    > Please be aware that our recruitment process, short though it is, is primarily focused on players. Characters and role-playing take a backseat to finding great people for us.
    >
    >
    > What does a "light-roleplay, casual-friendly environment" mean?
    > By "light-roleplay" we mean to suggest that the Super group is RP-friendly, and we want to create a welcoming environment for people who enjoy that aspect of the game (since we do). That said, many of us sometimes focus a little bit more on stomping tail than lengthy monologues.
    >
    > By "casual-friendly" we mean to say that we will never ask players to put the game before their real lives, jobs, family or friends. Planned events will be kept to a minimum, and they won't be mandatory. If a player wants to log in and just beat up a few bad guys on his own, without having to get involved in whatever RP or missions are going on with the group at the time, that's perfectly fine with us.
    >
    >
    > To be frank*, we specifically, intentionally exist as an alternative to Heavy Role-playing super groups, with lengthy recruitment and application processes, constant, back-to-back or continuing events, and more subplots going on at one time than anyone could ever keep up with.
    >
    > We are about having a good time, and role-playing in character, but not to such a degree that someone might become lost if they don't keep up with current events, nor are we so large that you might feel lost in the crowd.
    >
    > If you want a fun group of mature role-players to hang out and chat with, in and out of character, without feeling that you will get left behind if you aren't able to log in four nights a week, then we are looking for you!
    >
    > If you prefer to role-play with [and your own characters are] more classic tights wearing, "Heroes' heroes", and wonder what it is today with all these gun toting thugs in masks, taking money for their so-called good deeds, we're the team for you!
    >
    >
    >
    > If the above criteria spark your interest, please click the link below and take a spin through the Information boxes on the front page which go into even more details of what we are about, both in and out of character.
    >
    > Silverage.enjin.com
    >
    > Light or casual role-players, looking for a home away from heavy angst, enjoy a small to medium team feel, read those info boxes, and then click the "Join this Guild" button to generate a few questions to answer that will go into your very own recruitment thread.
    >
    > I or one of my officers will respond by attempting to schedule a good time to meet you in-game!
    >
    > *Disclaimer; Frank is not actually my Secret Identity.
    >
    >
    >
    > [Our old archived thread is here, for those interested. This only links to the much older archived Champions thread. Use the link above, on the header of the thread to find our website!]

I would like to join. If you have any open space.
    A friendly reminder that one of the oldest, and still best role-playing super groups in Champions Online is still here, and we're taking applications again now!

Read all about us right here!