test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memory low?

I'm getting a memory low error while playing Champions, and it's enough that it's actually crashing my computer.

After doing a search, I discovered issues with systems using less than 4 gigs RAM.

My system has 8, plus a 4 gig GPU. Does Champions REALLY need more than 8 gigs of RAM?

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Your memory keeps leaking.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Is there any program running on the Background while you are running CO?

I get memory low/memory leaks when my Antivirus is updating and doesn't notify me (all the time basically)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    You should open up task manager and see what your memory usage is before you start up CO.

I've found in my case, with 8GB RAM, if my usage is over 55-60% I get really bad stuttering ingame whenever it loads assets, like even when opening a specific menu or new power effects. CO itself needs about 2GB in of itself to run safely I feel like.

Also if you're keeping your computer on most of the time and using sleep instead of full restarts/shutdown, you might want to try that. I don't know what it is, but I think it was a version of an NVidia driver that was causing my memory to slowly creep up over the course of 3 days? I hardly get RAM issues with CO or any other game now that I shut the computer down completely.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    CO can't use that much memory since it's a 32 bit program.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    even if it's natively 32 bit (why is that outdated garbage even still used? the vast majority of the computer-owning population has 4 GB of RAM as standard and it's quickly approaching 8 as well as 64 bit versions of OS) you can always use a lage address aware program to force CO's executable to utilize more RAM...of course, you'd probably have to keep re-enabling it every after every patch day​​
    #LegalizeAwoo