test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] Additional Skins for Pet Powers.

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Suggestions Box
In light of the addition of Flared Kzash Hounds to Command Animals, I think it would be great to have other skins for pets.

Munitions Bots:

*Bureau 17 Robots (Protector Droid & Battledroid skins)
*Destroid Robots (Destroid Villain)

Support Drones:

*Binary Bits from the [Become Process] Device.
*Destroid Robots (Gun Drone & Leader Drone skins)
*Foxbattle Bot Spotlights (credit to avianos)

Summon Nightmare:

This *may* require a bit of rejigging as to how this power works and progresses, but if possible, add in Menton's Psionic Raptors (or maybe introduce a whole new mentalist pet summon).

DEVICE: Teleiosaurus pheromones

* Summon wolves instead of raptors (credit to aiqa)

Alternate Skins for Multiple Pet Types:

Magical skins for tech pets, tech skins for magical pets

Support Drones: Fairy skin, could even be Spark Fairy (look it up)

Sigils of the Primal Storm: Tesla Coils
Sigils of Arcane Runes: Proximity Bombs credit to baelogventure

Attack Toys:

Mini robots (could be the same as nemesis minions but miniaturized)
Mini Demons (could be the same as regular demons but miniaturized)credit to spookyspectre

Any other ideas?
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Here is a crazy idea since Foxbatcon is in a few months

Support Drones: Foxbat Battle bot SPOTLIGHT Skins!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Teleiosaurus pheromones: Summon wolves in stead of raptors.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    The Firebugs​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    added a few more from the suggestions.

chaelk, what did you mean by "The Firebugs"?
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Attack Toys:

Mini robots (could be the same as nemesis minions but miniaturized)
    Mini Demons (could be the same as regular demons but miniaturized)
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    aiqa said:

Teleiosaurus pheromones: Summon wolves in stead of raptors.

l would also suggest other skin - robotic dinos, similar to Mega Terak, that would match some of my toons for best, but l think entity costume is impossible to be changed for device, as things are now. It must be separate device with similar effect, reworked somewhat to be unable to work together with Teleiosaurus/Wolf Pheromones, let's call it "Summon Toggle" category. Generally that can be done, a fortiori it means more CUSTOMIZATION.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    @Ravenforce: The firebugs are the small, flying/hovering mobs from the Qularr faction.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User

Sigils of Arcane Runes: Proximity Bombs

You get the idea.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

@Ravenforce: The firebugs are the small, flying/hovering mobs from the Qularr faction.

OH! Derp. Thanks, updating OP now!
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    So what about more zombies to give necromancers more than the March of undead summons power?

I'm pretty sure we actually have undead to cover just about all of the current pet powers, excluding the robotic, wind and pyroblade pets. We have those horrid undead looking Grondling freaks over at Nemcon, which basically looks like a zombie mutant. I figure it could be an option for stone golem summons, as it likely uses very similar animations.
    We have at least two handfuls of basic zombies to govern wolf pets, as well as ice-based undead from Canada to cover frost wolves. Fiery zombies in the Takofanes crypts can replace our fire imp summons, whilst the big bellied zombies from the same crypt can cover the arcane golems.

The catch is of course that this basically has been confirmed an impossibility by a dev, commenting that summon powers should have models within the theme, as well as models that use the same base skeleton. Funny thought I wanted to post somewhere regardless!
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    Personally, I would love to get the mechanon spider bots for the munibots and support drones. I'm just not sure how it would work when you fly.

More types of pet skins would go a long way for a lot of people.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Spectres and shadow harvesters for march of the dead
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I'm not sure if it'll happen due to a device existing but Gadroon Observers for Support Drones. It's a tech option that's sleek enough to work with magical heroes.

Arcane Summon feels like it needs some adjustment. As is, it just seems like a lot of bright colors tossed onto a power armor with only the Mythic Construct skin standing out. I have some ideas that will require tailor fiddling but the short answer is to make things more cohesive per skin. This could be aided if they update the Empyrean costume pieces to use all three textures (instead of just metal) so the constructs can have more variance.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

Support Drones:

*Binary Bits from the [Become Process] Device.

Alternate Skins for Multiple Pet Types:

Sigils of Arcane Runes: Proximity Bombs credit to baelogventure

I'd absolutely love these.... espeicially the Bianary Bits Support Drones... could totally use something like that for CORTEX...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • daveyj3daveyj3 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    all of these are perfect. i'd also like to see options for the telios pheromones although i know it's themed and specific.

i'd like to add the option of sharks as a full time option, instead of water-only options. xD or non-bone-blood kazsh hounds that are more flexible or elemental themes (wood/leaves, fire, blue/grey/white for air or ice). i love the design just not the color. and the fairy/butterfly/bug option for the smaller support pets is fantastic, sign me up! another option for the air elemental and shadow pets too xD.

yay!
    edited March 2016
    Support Drones Alternative skin: Gadroon Observer
    I forgot to add it in my suggestions, I really like Gadroon little Observer model, i would like to see it interact with players! Fitting for Vintage Spacepunk themes

Thinking right now, what other small entities in the game could be skins for support drones?

/bumping the thread to get it more attention as well! We got 2 new pet skins​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    avianos said:

/bumping the thread to get it more attention as well! We got 2 new pet skins​​

I totally changed my support drones over to Binary Bits on CORTEX the instant I heard the news ^-^
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    raighn wrote: »
    I totally changed my support drones over to Binary Bits on CORTEX the instant I heard the news ^-^

I'm Glad you enjoying them, im happy seeing people using them in their Theme Builds, despite not be able to do so myself!onion-23.gif

I could use the BITS skins for my Hologram Virus​​
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Hm...new pet skins...could totally want command animals to also command manimals.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I'd love to see feline animals for Command Animals. Still feel silly how my cat-dryad toon summons wolves.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Command Animals/Primal Ritual/Ice Beast - I wanna spider alt. skin!

Arcane Ritual - Heavy sentry (looks like a very large munitions bot, possibly without arm cannon.)

Attack Toys - Christmas elf. In case the skin of following pets can't be altered, this can at least be explained off as the elf building the toys.

Mutliple pets: Elemental skins:
    Arcane Ritual would get an Earth elemental skin, acting as a large floating mass of rocks that punch people.
    Ebon Ritual gets a fire elemental; big orange djinn looking dude with no legs
    Radiant Ritual gets the water elemental, which looks like a water nymph
    Air Elemental already is a summon that exists.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

Arcane Summon feels like it needs some adjustment. As is, it just seems like a lot of bright colors tossed onto a power armor with only the Mythic Construct skin standing out. I have some ideas that will require tailor fiddling but the short answer is to make things more cohesive per skin. This could be aided if they update the Empyrean costume pieces to use all three textures (instead of just metal) so the constructs can have more variance.

Arcane summon isn't very pretty to look at. Maybe we can get the look from the Lemurian Power Armor instead...

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!