test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is either a good sign... or bad (botsplosion)

So here I am making a new alt just to test out and look over at something in the tutorial to make sure I am not crazy, and I am greeted by an image of nothing but bots in the waiting room;

CdtcTeTUAAAX8P-.jpg:large

So, that can be seen as a good thing meaning the bots are see things as lucrative or a bad thing depending on your annoyance levels. And yes, those are bots, with names like erghf and lililili and so forth and they haven't moved for the past ten minutes while I was laughing.​​
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    omg O_O
    well bots arent wrong, this thing is escalating real quick
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    Oh wow, those are the exact same bots I saw when I accidently sent Heckhound to the tutorial... about 8 hours ago.

They just stand there, hopping every few minutes. :P
    Champions: @ace112233
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    They are an annoyance. It is good that CO is finally getting some attention, but I'm not sure this is the kind of attention it deserves.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yeah i saw them too, the Tutorial zone right now is a Bot Graveyard!

The random name generator for the bots is now a thing, i see bots named, GOOD GOOD, BIG YOU ARE, COSMIC HQ

If CO needs annoying spamming Bots to be consider Successful, then I prefer if the game stays obscure onion-65.gif

To Hell with this, i still remember receiving 10 spam PM every day on the previous Bot Invansion​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    It's not sucessful, it's Cryptic removed the thing stopping them. the resource cap limit
    They turned up last year , after the resource cap increase because now they don't need subscription to hold a load of money. They can now use silver accts, at 500 zen from ingame farming. They are now free to farm as much as they want.

We can only hope we don't get the other Gold seller favourite. The Foundry with it's ability to make farms.
    and with your horde of characters, pay max bonus for a review and transfer a lot of AD/Q to the main acct.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    It's not sucessful, it's Cryptic removed the thing stopping them. the resource cap limit
    They turned up last year , after the resource cap increase because now they don't need subscription to hold a load of money. They can now use silver accts, at 500 zen from ingame farming. They are now free to farm as much as they want.

We can only hope we don't get the other Gold seller favourite. The Foundry with it's ability to make farms.
    and with your horde of characters, pay max bonus for a review and transfer a lot of AD/Q to the main acct.

I highly doubt the resource cap limit was stopping bots.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    DOOM! DOOM!!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

On the other hand...Nice char design Silverspar :) Got a front view of her?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    DOOM! DOOM!!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

On the other hand...Nice char design Silverspar :) Got a front view of her?

If you have the costume bits you can use it. I am not too sure I will ever use my ice concept character, though I might, since I live stream a lot and try new things to show them off and dispel the rumors of power set X sucks etc.

Anyways, here you go, Hypothermia;

Costume_Silverspar_Hypothermia_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_510044815_zpsxathw6ir.jpg

As for DEWM, was never calling doom really, was actually pointing out it's a good sign, even if people will call doom on it.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Oh I know, I just love the melodrama that gold farmers bring. They're sort of adorable for me :)

Nice design. I like how you utilized Ice Hair. Playing a chiller variant, or trying something new?
  • Options
    Oh I know, I just love the melodrama that gold farmers bring. They're sort of adorable for me :)

Nice design. I like how you utilized Ice Hair. Playing a chiller variant, or trying something new?

I always liked Killer Frosts design in Injustice, but couldn't nail it just right. Not totally satisfied with the blues I picked right now, so she's sort of shelved till I can work on it more.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    If you want a laugh at the bots, last week I was up on the rare chances at 2 in the morning PST and wondering Ren Cen and I noticed scattered all around the center were idle bots. I think I counted at least 15 of them or so. Each one were lv 6, default AT costumes, handles of random letters and numbers, and as if like someone scored a touch down, one by one started to jump to cancel the auto log off. I found it somewhat hilarious that people are wasting their time making these bots and the fact they are having them online when there are less than 100 people on at those hours.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    I dunno about less than 100 people during those hours, as even steam will show over 100, and at best Steam is possibly 1/3rd of the player base. No, the thing I find hilarious is they use random lettering in their bot creations, making it obvious they are bots. But then again, I see a lot of new faces that didn't realize that names are not unique to the server when they log in anyways.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options

I dunno about less than 100 people during those hours, as even steam will show over 100, and at best Steam is possibly 1/3rd of the player base. No, the thing I find hilarious is they use random lettering in their bot creations, making it obvious they are bots. But then again, I see a lot of new faces that didn't realize that names are not unique to the server when they log in anyways.​​

Thing is on Steam is those people could be idle on the launcher window but not ingame or on character select. I only mention 100 ingame because it literally said less than 100 on the search of all zones, and that is not including those who are anon ingame.

It's a bot thing as far as I can remember. I mean, who would ever want to trust a gold spammer named EpicSnipesx420xPWN? With a badass name like that, they must be legit, right? :p

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Thing is on Steam is those people could be idle on the launcher window but not ingame or on character select. I only mention 100 ingame because it literally said less than 100 on the search of all zones, and that is not including those who are anon ingame.

It's a bot thing as far as I can remember. I mean, who would ever want to trust a gold spammer named EpicSnipesx420xPWN? With a badass name like that, they must be legit, right? :p

If you are looking at MC zones, that's not a good stick to measure by. While MC probably has the blunt of all people in game, there are other zones.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    So, here comes a little fuzzy math:

1) I check the champs steam charts *very* frequently. Several times throughout the day. Why? IDK, just out of boredom. Either way, a safe *average* is 200. Sometimes it's just below, sometimes it's well above(300), but 200 is pretty constant.

2) Now, those aren't the *same* 200 people on all day long. Let's say, for the same of argument, that the *average* play session is 2 hours, and the average person has approximately 1 play session each day. That means there would be approximately 8 play sessions each day, if we go from 9AM until 12AM. So all of that would mean there are approximately 1600 people playing Champs through Steam each day.

3) Now let's assume Steam makes up about a quarter of the total Champs playerbase. While games are dfferent, the STO community manager said less than 20% of people use Steam there, so that's probably an overly generous number. Either way, if 1/4 of Champs players play through Steam, that means there would be approximately 6,400 people playing Champs every day.

See, I *told* you that was going to be fuzzy math :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Wonder if you could train them like you can Digimon? >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Like watching a bunch of hobos gather in a plaza where nobody ever has cash on hand.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Y'know, I don't think it would be asking too much for us to have a fire barrel to stand around. :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

Y'know, I don't think it would be asking too much for us to have a fire barrel to stand around. :p

We can have a heavy weapon user stick their sword into the ground somewhere for you if you like?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2016

and with your horde of characters, pay max bonus for a review and transfer a lot of AD/Q to the main acct.

I highly doubt the resource cap limit was stopping bots.

you have to pay for a subscription, which either means timecards , if they know about them or a credit card.
    PLus if they lose the act, thats subs money gone.

resource cap limit, they can use accts to farm for 500zen, get a max limit on a lot of accts, without having a sub.cheaper
    they are hopping up and down to avoid timing out. They have 20hrs before they can spam messages, i mean talk in zone.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2016
    chaelk said:

you have to pay for a subscription, which either means timecards , if they know about them or a credit card.

resource cap limit, they can use accts to farm for 500zen, get a max limit on a lot of accts, without having a sub.cheaper

they are hopping up and down to avoid timing out. They have 20hrs before they can spam messages, i mean talk in zone.​​
    Makes sense. Guess that resource limit was actually keeping them out. It was right after the limit break was offered that they started showing up.
  • Options

I highly doubt the resource cap limit was stopping bots.

they are hopping up and down to avoid timing out. They have 20hrs before they can spam messages, i mean talk in zone.

Global is not very valuable in this game, to put it another way, and furthermore, gold sellers get their account codes cheap. how do you think they were able to create so many in past games like WAR, ESO (when it was still P2P) Wildstar, and even WoW these days? Because in certain places of the world getting time codes or boxes is fairly cheap prospect to do and well within the budget. Getting a resource cap raise didn't really do much beyond what was already capable of being done.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited March 2016

If you are looking at MC zones, that's not a good stick to measure by. While MC probably has the blunt of all people in game, there are other zones.​​

I bolded on what I said. All zones, not just MC zones. ALL of them to be clear on what I meant.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options

I bolded on what I said. All zones, not just MC zones. ALL of them to be clear on what I meant.

Well, hate to point it out but then that would be literally impossible, as even Steam says there are more than 100 people active, and even at it's lowest MC has more than 100 people average in it. Such as for instance steam charts shows 174 people playing CO. So, when saying less than 100 I find that hard to believe since unless you are censusing each zone individually, the search will only turn up 100 people max.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User