test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is the forum now poo brown?

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
Seriously forum u ugly :O
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    The Grond at the top of the page let one rip.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Maybe it's because CO is the ****? :D

Edit: Wow, that's not filtered?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Nepht needs color correcting lenses since its' red.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    It's mostly an ugly red on my screen, but it is the same ugly, eye sore as the homepage. (As I previously mentioned in another thread)
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    I assume it's for the Nightmare event coming soon? I agree that this is ugly as hell and the all black one was way better.
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    hey. I like it better than the last one.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    gtw891 said:

hey. I like it better than the last one.

Me too.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    I'd like it more if it was neon red.

On a pitch black.​​
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    "It's better to burn out...'cause rust never sleeps..."
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Because, despite their efforts to make the forums terrible and unusable, people continue to use them?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    it's because the Person who looks after ARC, has no colour sense or sense of aesthetics.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    It's poopy brown on my screens, too.

Yuck.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    qawsada said:

I assume it's for the Nightmare event coming soon? I agree that this is ugly as hell and the all black one was way better.

Maybe because black is beautiful?

The forum looks redish-brown on my screen ... but still ugly as hell.
    And why Grond? Why not ... okay, Derpfender wouldn't have been a better choice ... but what about ... hm ... no ... uhm ... Black Mask? :D
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Meh! I would prefer if there was a Blue variation with Gravitar!
    I prefer seeing Blue and Orange as main colours
    I'd like it more if it was neon red.

On a pitch black.

YES Because the game doesn't have enough Black and Redders Edgelords already!
    We need to Infect the forums as well and turn them to a complete Eyesore onion-65.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Remember when everyone hated the move to the ugly, horrendous forum-breaking black :)? Reminds me of the color of dried blood. What's not to like? ;)​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    I'll reserve judgement for when I get home, where my powerful gaming rig was brought to its knees while trying to scroll these pages with the old generic Arc logo background. (Seriously, my ancient, slower-than-dirt 3rd gen iPad has less trouble scrolling than Chrome on my desktop. If there's a way to screw up a web page, PWE's web developers can find it.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Looks like reddish brown...bloody poo.... ew. Better than gray I guess...
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Sometimes the way you express yourself makes me chuckle, Nepht. B)
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

I'll reserve judgement for when I get home, where my powerful gaming rig was brought to its knees while trying to scroll these pages with the old generic Arc logo background. (Seriously, my ancient, slower-than-dirt 3rd gen iPad has less trouble scrolling than Chrome on my desktop. If there's a way to screw up a web page, PWE's web developers can find it.)

Woo i'm not the onlly one who has an easier time browsing the forum on a tablet... in the time it takes to load 1 forum page on my laptop (or desktop while it was working) I can load up and read everthing on my tablet... seriously PWE fix this ****...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited March 2016
    rust colour
    red and green are complimentaries, unfortunately there aren't many reds that go with the rather lime green grond is​​

edited March 2016
    If that works for you, Open something from the forum in a new tab!

The Background and the whole page is now WHite and Grey and hardly readable

also, Gravitar and Medusa skins WHEN?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited March 2016
    opened the thread in another tab. still rust and jello
    thread is blue, due to forum enhance.
    ----
    ewww. Nepht is right, the thread itself is ferret plus chocolate, surrounding ferret plus milk.
    don't ever let you ferrets have chocolate or milk​​

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    It would look better if the background had a fixed position. The Grond picture and stuff at the top of the page looks good, but scrolling down a bit it's not so great.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I like it. This is the first change they've made to the forums which doesn't completely break something or take away some functionality and just make the forum worse to use. That's a win in my book.
    biffsig.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User

I like it. This is the first change they've made to the forums which doesn't completely break something or take away some functionality and just make the forum worse to use. That's a win in my book.

The background of your avatar/signature would be much better. Especially with that comic dot texture.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I agree, a nice red that's not 100% saturated, maybe a teensy bit on the side of orange would be better, but you know that no matter what happens, people will complain about any change.
    biffsig.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    "Chocolate raiiiiinnnn!!"
    'Nuff Said.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User

I agree, a nice red that's not 100% saturated, maybe a teensy bit on the side of orange would be better, but you know that no matter what happens, people will complain about any change.

Right; *some* people will complain about anything. So realistically, the goal should not be to please *everyone*, only the *majority*.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

Sometimes the way you express yourself makes me chuckle, Nepht. B)

Haha thanks. English is not my strongest point so I just cut to the jib of what I am meaning :3
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    Case in point, "cut of your jib" means "how you present yourself" not "meat of the matter". :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    Nepht meant 'cut to the chase', a term from film making, meaning get to the point or climax of the film so as to not bore audiences.

Maybe she meant 'shoot from the hip', which means to be spontaneous

Maybe she meant 'flap my gums' which means to talk incessantly

Maybe "Cut to the jib" encompasses all those things and more.
    edited March 2016
    i was going to get dinner. but not after staring at this brown screen
    hey Diet forums. puts you off eating.​​

Honestly its not bad!
    At least now CO forums have something ingame thematic to stand out from the game (i would use Teleios Ascendant artwork personally)

I just hate how it gets bugged with the forum enchantment add on if I open a link on different​​
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Case in point, "cut of your jib" means "how you present yourself" not "meat of the matter". :p

In your reality maybe but not in mine and thats where I live ^_^
    yay, forum enhancer is working again, now only the rust and lime jelly grond is visible​​

• kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    The forum backgrounds of NW and STO look SOOO much better than CO's. Why couldnt someone use a player-inspired artwork for CO? Even just having the Cryptic Logo for the background would look much better than a constipated Grond.
    a1fighter wrote: »
    Maybe it's because CO is ****? :D

Edit: Wow, that's not filtered?

I've been Fixed for you; No kid, NO Kid

that's better​​

OK, saved by a hesitation of drinking before I read that. Nice one! :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    OK, saved by a hesitation of drinking before I read that. Nice one! :p

damn, nearly got him.​​

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    I thought blue was the most associated color for Champions. Btw, red (especially one that bleeds into brown) is a detractor and isn't a good marketing color.​​