test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online: New Nightmare Invasion Event on PTS

crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer

Comments

• cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Why are all of the new things focused solely in Millennium City? These things could very well be "global" events. I would like to see something come out that actually get players out of MC. Teleios Ascendant was an okay start, but it just takes players to one location in an otherwise abandoned zone.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    well the first thing you have to do then, is get people to stop standing around , farming alerts.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    This sounds fun. Might be tricky finding a team of PTS in UK time to test it, mind you (or to play it.... :( ) but looking forwards to giving it a go.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    You don't have to go to Telios Tower to do TA. You can queue from the Missions tab on the alert menu. (Golden Fist icon on the minimap.)
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sterga said:

You don't have to go to Telios Tower to do TA. You can queue from the Missions tab on the alert menu. (Golden Fist icon on the minimap.)

That is the theory. Not sure anyone actually runs it that way.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    sterga wrote: »

You can also be Teleported from the Until HQ to the entrance of TA, just speak to the NPC who gives you the Daily, and pick the last option to travel to TA​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    That is the theory. Not sure anyone actually runs it that way.

I do. (sorry). More of that sort of thing, to be honest.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I do. (sorry).

I have nothing against people running it that way. Just wasn't sure who actually did, since it's not very puggable and if you're team queuing you might as well go to Canada.
    edited March 2016
    Team Queuing/ Puggability will be the big game issue in six months or less, especially if the devs carry through their promise to focus on Team Content without providing an immediate post-lvl40 endgame and ways of upskilling the player base to understand the mechanics of Lairs and high-power bosses.

If you're outside the magic circle of established SGs and old-time player groups it's almost impossible to get a team for NemCon or other Lairs now, and even Rampages queues are thin on the ground.... not going to get any better without a lot of work.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    You have to be on the right time of day to find folks for NemCon, Lairs and Rampages. My experience is that 5:00-10:00 pm server time is a good time to look.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Possibly, but that's 0100 - 0600 GMT... and I have to sleep sometime. Mechanics to help us non-West Coast US players team up would be appreciated.... (zzz)
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "That is the theory. Not sure anyone actually runs it that way."

You can queue your whole team, just like any other alert. I know this is hard to believe, but there are people who play this game that aren't part of your clique and they do things that you don't do.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    time zones tho T_T affecting lots of people around the world since long ago
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    Please move some of the mobs, siphons and portals AWAY from the areas, low levels have to do missions in.
    Don't say they can spam alerts, these are the below level 10 missions.​​

• crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    chaelk said:

Please move some of the mobs, siphons and portals AWAY from the areas, low levels have to do missions in.

We removed a bunch of the spawns around the lowbie areas. Check PTS next week and let me know if I missed any! :)
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    You have to be on the right time of day to find folks for NemCon, Lairs and Rampages. My experience is that 5:00-10:00 pm server time is a good time to look.

that's about 4-9am for me. get up 4am, leave 4.50 work.​​

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

chaelk said:

We removed a bunch of the spawns around the lowbie areas. Check PTS next week and let me know if I missed any! :)
    \o/. Will definitely look out for this next patch!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

chaelk said:

Excellent.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2016
    Qliphoths is done to death in CO. Boring.
    High fantasy and magic are done to death in CO. Boring x2.
    Also, Qliphoth =/= Hell.

But costumes and vehicles look promising and it's all something to do, so I suppose it will be fun to play. Just as usual, paying no attention to the theme or dumb things NPCs will try to tell me.

Can't recall when was the last time when I was wasting time for reading whatever is in NPC dialogue, anyway.​​
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Foxbat con will soon be upon us... so this will probably not be an update we see until mid late April :P