test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160210.25 - BUG FIXES/Power Chord Ultimate/Glider Vehicles

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Rocker Lockbox
Added Glider vehicles to the Drifter, PTS and Questionite stores.

New Vehicle Power: Sonic Boom
Deals Sonic Damage in a cone in front of you and Disorients enemies.

New Ultimate Power: Power Chord
This power has been added to the PTS store.
25ft pbaoe ranged damage sonic maintained attack.
Deals escalating sonic damage and stacks the Rocking Out buff on you, which increases your damage for 10 seconds.
When you stop maintaining knocks back all enemies and disorients them.
This power is available in Might shared and uses your heavy weapon.

Known issues: The sound on this power occasionally cuts out halfway through the maintain.
The cost of this power is set a bit high.

Costumes
Sparkle hair can now be set to glow.

Misc
Fixed a bug where Totemic Helmet was requiring the wrong Subzero Servant mission.
Added collector tickets to the PTS store.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1. Posts that do not pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​

Comments

• mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    *guitar solo*
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Will the Rocker AT get Rocking Out instead of UR now?

Yay new sonic power. But 2 of the sonic powers are now ultimates, so you can't use both =(. Sadness.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    Didn't see anyone mention it in the last patch notes, but

"Added new Warp items to: Fighting Dojo, Arcana Bookstore, Mutations Lab, Inventions Lab, Enchanted Foundry and MCPD Armory."

As far as I know, several of those were closed and aren't available to go into. Are they open again, then? Or are these teleporters the only way to get into them?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Deals escalating sonic damage and stacks the Rocking Out buff on you, which increases your damage for 10 seconds.

This sounds incredible Sexy
    Crescendo is getting complety revamped and gonna swap Unleashed Rage with it <3
    Didn't see anyone mention it in the last patch notes, but

"Added new Warp items to: Fighting Dojo, Arcana Bookstore, Mutations Lab, Inventions Lab, Enchanted Foundry and MCPD Armory."

As far as I know, several of those were closed and aren't available to go into. Are they open again, then? Or are these teleporters the only way to get into them?
    They have been added 3 weeks ago, but DEVs forgot to add them into the patch notes :P
    You can visit them Live right now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Make the Rocking Out buff (partly?) apply to other players in your team.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aiqa said:

Suggestion:
    Make the Rocking Out buff (partly?) apply to other players in your team.

Or add a 2p advantage to that effect. Or make it do so in Support role.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    @splosions did you make guitar noises while you made this?

Airguitar attack
    Please make the Glam Stereo Glider and the Rock Stereo Glider into hoverboard skins! Pleeeeaaaaasssse!
    edited March 2016
    Having tested a bit, the 50% damage bonus from Rocking Out is a bit underwhelming on a dps build. Those tend to be far into DR already, so 50% damage bonus ends up just a few percent higher damage (3.75% to be exact for my lightning dps build). Maybe the damage bonus could be moved to the severity/offense layer, or some other thing. But what ever it does, I think it should do something meaningful.

Also I don't think a maintain is a good idea for an ultimate. In the higher difficulty content there are a huge number of knocks, stuns, or stuff you need to suddenly block. The click or charge ultimates (usually) just go on cooldown when they apply their full effect. But testing Power Chord against the event mobs I was able to fully maintain it about 10% of the time, the rest I was interupted by some knock or stun during the maintain.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Can you remove Become Celestial from the Collector's Vendor?

Put it back in the Drifter Store as it was originally from there and was never meant to be in a lockbox.

Can you make it so that using powerscancelallactivations or blocking to interrupt the power use allow the animation and sound to be played throughout without putting the power on cooldown? Like how Unleashed Rage used to play without making it go off by blocking.​​
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
    edited March 2016
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Airguitar_attack.jpg

I think I'm in Love
    https://youtu.be/gC_3SRzY9sA

DI MOLTO~!

Also Music Notes Aura WHEN!?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Bug: Holy water power unlock is not account wide.

as in i got it unlocked on one toon, they could use it fine and dandy, went to test it on another toon, they couldn't take the power nor buy the unlock for said power.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I am so looking forward to updating Crescent, Nightbug, and Sonata when this goes live... and I have a fully functional computer again >.<

Need more sonic powers for Sonata...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited March 2016
    Please tell me that this Sudden interest in Sonic powers and with the Disoriented mechanic is a hint for an upcoming SONIC Powerframe! Please Please Please~ onion-5.gif

No im too obsessed with my character Crescendo to let this go
    Maybe Sonatina and Vespers can take usage of them too​​
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Everything is awesome with these new updates.

Suggestion: Music Notes Aura
    avianos said:

Music Notes Aura WHEN!?​​

I would like to endorse this idea, because it leverages the developmental effort you already put into the graphics itself, while creating a new Zen Store product or value to subscriptions with minimal incremental investment. Moreover, you actually already created the demand with the addition of the hard-rocking Vehicles, Vehicle Mods, Powers and Ultimate Powers.

Hahahaha~ha, those are some fancy 5-dollar words, but srsly, this is a good suggestion, max impact for minimal investment.

Suggestion: All-American Glider

You probably had this idea since you're planning ahead, but a Red, White & Blue Glider for July 4th event pls.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Airguitar attack

I...I MUST have for stereo..the ?, is it a free new ult or does it have to be through LB's :/
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    OMG:

Power Chord + Imaginary Heavy Weapons = Ultimate Air Guitar!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

OMG:

Power Chord + Imaginary Heavy Weapons = Ultimate Air Guitar!

Where can I get imaginary weapons? I'd hate to have to have a guitar everytime I use the ult :/
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Where can I get imaginary weapons? I'd hate to have to have a guitar everytime I use the ult :/
    1st of April, Foxbatcon Event​​
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

xrazamax said:

Airguitar attack

I...I MUST have for stereo..the ?, is it a free new ult or does it have to be through LB's :/
    Lockbox, everything to do with the rocker is in a lockbox. Except for Hyper Voice, thats free.
    edited March 2016
    Issue with the nightmare colossus fight: The 3 orbs you need to deactivate do not stay deactivated for long. I believe this is intentional so that 1 person cannot by themselves keep deactivating them all. However, there is a problem created by this. The effort it takes to deactivate the orbs outweighs the benefits (need someone to tank the mob, 2 people doing the orbs, maybe support). During testing, we found it was better just to out dps the healing rather than worry about the orbs. Maybe this was possible because Colossus was kited far away from the portal? I do not know if healing is relative to proximity to the portal. I envision people being told to ignore the orbs and just help out with damaging the Colossus.

Possible fix: Have the orbs give immunity, not healing. Or, make the deactivation time for each orb much longer so it is worth while to deactivate the orbs.

Additionally:
    Suggestion: Please add a roar sound effect or something menacing to the nightmare colossus. I think Teleiosaurus' roar would work nicely.

There may already be a sound effect, but if so I didn't hear it.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Issue with the nightmare colossus fight: The 3 orbs you need to deactivate do not stay deactivated for long. I believe this is intentional so that 1 person cannot by themselves keep deactivating them all. However, there is a problem created by this. The effort it takes to deactivate the orbs outweighs the benefits (need someone to tank the mob, 2 people doing the orbs, maybe support). During testing, we found it was better just to out dps the healing rather than worry about the orbs. Maybe this was possible because Colossus was kited far away from the portal? I do not know if healing is relative to proximity to the portal. I envision people being told to ignore the orbs and just help out with damaging the Colossus.

Possible fix: Have the orbs give immunity, not healing. Or, make the deactivation time for each orb much longer so it is worth while to deactivate the orbs.

Additionally:
    Suggestion: Please add a roar sound effect or something menacing to the nightmare colossus. I think Teleiosaurus' roar would work nicely.

There may already be a sound effect, but if so I didn't hear it.

what about if they made the orbs heal % based instead, as well as making their down-time longer?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited March 2016
    I think if the orbs heal % based, then you will have instances of getting the colossus' life down but then suddenly having a hard time with the orbs (some leaves, dies, no longer wants to be on "orb duty") and then very quickly you find yourself with a fully healed colossus.

With invulnerability, you will just have a pause as if to say, "Hey, don't forget those orbs. Can't win without doing those". The downside maybe that you'll see a surge of everyone running from the Colossus to the orbs to the colossus to the orbs, ad infinitum. I don't know how that works performance wise to have 30 players doing that at once. However, it could just work out that you have a dedicated team focusing on the orbs.
    xrazamax said:

I think if the orbs heal % based, then you will have instances of getting the colossus' life down but then suddenly having a hard time with the orbs (some leaves, dies, no longer wants to be on "orb duty") and then very quickly you find yourself with a fully healed colossus.

With invulnerability, you will just have a pause as if to say, "Hey, don't forget those orbs. Can't win without doing those". The downside maybe that you'll see a surge of everyone running from the Colossus to the orbs to the colossus to the orbs, ad infinitum. I don't know how that works performance wise to have 30 players doing that at once. However, it could just work out that you have a dedicated team focusing on the orbs.

This reminds me a lot of the orb mechanic when fighting Shadow Destroyer in NemCon...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »

Known issues: The sound on this power occasionally cuts out halfway through the maintain.
    The cost of this power is set a bit high.

Suggestion: Can we have an Advantage which stacks the Rocking Out buff on allies in the area of effect? Maybe a 2 or 3 point one depending on how powerful the buff actually is.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2016
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Can we have an Advantage which stacks the Rocking Out buff on allies in the area of effect? Maybe a 2 or 3 point one depending on how powerful the buff actually is.

Turning the Ultimate into Optional Team Buff!
    I like this suggestion +1​​
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Having played around with the ultimate with Aiqa/Lyn, the damage buff does seem miniscule enough for it to be a problem with the intended(?) mechanic and dynamic of the power. I propose to either give Power Chord a different kind of buff, whether that is a +stats bonus, which improves your damage, health, what have you in a more natural way, or... Some other creative means. As is I just struggle to see how that 50%/3.75% will do too much for anyone.

Also, previous suggestions have been similar, with giving Power Chord a bard-like advantage between 2-3 advantage points.
    I personally like the sound of applying an "Inspired" buff to allies, making for a cute homage to bards in tabletop games. This could be a lesser version of whatever the finished Power Chord ends up with.

PS - this power looks sweeeeeeeet~!
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Loveing the new power
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Can the power unlock be used to unlock an Air Guitar emote variant where you use your heavy weapon instead?
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Can we have an Advantage which stacks the Rocking Out buff on allies in the area of effect? Maybe a 2 or 3 point one depending on how powerful the buff actually is.

Its not that great a buff as its on par with increasing your total damage as if it was only one rank higher for the full ten stacks. It doesn't stack at all. So at best it could be 2 or maybe even worth 1 point.​​
    Pretty sure the point of hyper burst is damage and the buff is only incidental. It's actually a quite damaging power with its 0.3s tic. It's total damage is a bit lower than unleashed rage, but it's a better AoE and doesn't require you to stack enrage. Its dps is somewhat higher than lightning storm and a bunch higher than hurricane or epidemic.

Overall, it has atrocious synergy with Might, but it's a fine power in its own right.
    cryneting said:

I have to ask this qeastion, before I get kicked in the stomach again and almost be sick by a comment. Are the new tokens from the missions just a test, that it only gives you one per mission, where the costumes themselves cost 100 each? Cuz that seems stupid and a bit grindy.

Just my thoughts, anyone share the same, or care to point me to a comment I may of missed along the lines "PTS Only, its subject to change"

It has been stated a few times that the rewards have not been set. 1 token is a placeholder.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    like the giant hoverboards
    same stance, same steering, fly flat and you can fly backwards on them

BUG: Light streaks aura
    you choose a colour and it uses the colour below that.
    colours_zpsz9wusact.png

BUG: Rock crystal aura
    you choose a colour and it does the one 3 up from it.
    colour2_zpssqay3szo.png​​
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

I do love that woodgrain one
    floaters_zpsi5j2qduo.png​​

chaelk said:

like the giant hoverboards

same stance, same steering, fly flat and you can fly backwards on them

BUG: Light streaks aura

you choose a colour and it uses the colour below that.

colours_zpsz9wusact.png

BUG: Rock crystal aura

you choose a colour and it does the one 3 up from it.

colour2_zpssqay3szo.png​​

This same issue has affected various powers on live for years now as well... such as pretty much everything in the sorcery power set (and the legacy sorcery auras)
    jniKqKJ.png
    Bone spikes short are listed as Chest layer but they are on the back.
    BOne spikes long are on chest and back
    spikes_zpscmxluigj.png

spikes2_zpsd6y3fwkd.png

Nocturne aura- another burnt toast aura. You need light colours for it to show, Is there meant to be any aura around the person or just on the costume?
    nocturne%20aura_zpshz6pmmhz.png​​

edited March 2016
    chaelk said:

Bone spikes short are listed as Chest layer but they are on the back.

BOne spikes long are on chest and back

spikes_zpscmxluigj.png

spikes2_zpsd6y3fwkd.png

Nocturne aura- another burnt toast aura. You need light colours for it to show, Is there meant to be any aura around the person or just on the costume?

nocturne%20aura_zpshz6pmmhz.png​​

Either your graphics card can't handle the Nocturne Aura, or your graphics are low, or something, for it looks different on my end.

edited March 2016
    that looks like a light coloured top and outside in the light. That's what i get on a white costume, yellow as well
    notice your black tshirt shows no change
    red it shows on, blue up to medium.​​

• rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    That 'psychodelic' glider is no where psychodelic. Please, change it into something like:
    YjYXsxz.png
    T0HB7v3.png
    wmipI9t.png​​
    oh man, number 3 please. across the top and unerneath​​

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    I have to ask this qeastion, before I get kicked in the stomach again and almost be sick by a winey and hurtful comment coz of "Grind".

Are the new tokens from the missions just a test, that it only gives you one per mission, where the costumes themselves cost 100 each? Cuz to me that seems a little bit steep for players who are unable to cope with "Grind"

Just my thoughts, but does anyone else but me and "someone else" share the same feelings, about this kind of grind?

Also chuold someone care to point me to a comment I may of missed along the lines "PTS Only, its subject to change"

Thank You
    Psi.
    cryneting said:

Also chuold someone care to point me to a comment I may of missed along the lines "PTS Only, its subject to change"

I hate trying to link with these forums, but there's an answer here (you probably have to scroll).
    edited March 2016
    BUG:

Sonic Boom weapons on gliders cause your character to animate as if using a breath attack. The Sonic Boom is coming from the vehicle, not the character.

This will be really off-putting for non-sonic, non-rocker heroes that use these vehicles.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User

BUG:

Sonic Boom weapons on gliders cause your character to animate as if using a breath attack. The Sonic Boom is coming from the vehicle, not the character.

This will be really off-putting for non-sonic, non-rocker heroes that use these vehicles.

Isn't it supposed to be amplified singing? Those things on the side of the gliders are speaker stacks, aren't they?

chaelk said:

that looks like a light coloured top and outside in the light. That's what i get on a white costume, yellow as well

notice your black tshirt shows no change

red it shows on, blue up to medium.​​

Ah, than the pictures you provided did not show that at all. Where are you for the pictures?
    The Light Tendrils isn't emanation is not your character model, so animations can make it looks a bit weird. This is most obvious when flying:

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Urgh, if you guys put out any more sonic powers I'm going to be forced to create one of my toons nemesis' as a playable character and revive an old concept! :love:
    edited March 2016
    Without having used the ability yet, and having read the feedback on Power Chord...

Suggestion #1: Innately allow this ability's maintain to apply perpetual interrupts (perhaps per tick of damage?) to the following rank of targets Henchmen, Villain, Enforcer, Master Villain & Player Rank, within range. This would allow a player to maintain the power without fear of being knocked or CC'd during the maintain.

OR

Suggestion #2: Force this ability to go into cooldown once it has been FULLY maintained by the player. Perhaps make it a forced maintain?

ALTERNATIVELY

Suggestion #3: Turn this Ultimate into a TOGGLE which works in a similar fashion to Power Armor slots, so that whilst it locks out everything else, if you are knocked it will still function/fire off.

If those aren't good enough...

Suggestion #4: Grant this ability the Fury of the Dragon treatment and make it immune to Crowd Control for the duration of the maintain. Extend this immunity to Knocks as well.

<

Isn't it supposed to be amplified singing? Those things on the side of the gliders are speaker stacks, aren't they?

Yeah, I guess they are.
    What happens if this weapon ends up on another vehicle?

edited March 2016
    Request: Please consider creating a Guitar Heavy Weapons skin for Hoverboard, which can be customized in tailor like other Hoverboard skins. If possible allow music notes to trail out of the back of this specific hoverboard skin.
This discussion has been closed.