Install Arc
Options

Travel Powers: Force and more!

spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Suggestions Box
A couple TP suggestions...

FORCE

FREE-FALL or FORCE GLIDE
Or Capeless Glide, Power/Gravity/Distortion Glide…

Magnificus wears Holoforce Armor and def looks cooler because of it.

Description:
Whether through gravity manipulation or other means, you are able to slow your descent from great heights, float & glide through the air.

Tap
+ Grants flight.
+ Greatest maneuverability of any flight power.
+ While out of combat, flight speed gradually increases over several stages.
- While in combat, flight speed is reduced.
- While active, the energy cost of all powers is increased and your Energy Generation is reduced.
Charge
N/A.

Notes: VFX depicted in the concept art in a sort of “all-in-one” way, but it could be as subtle as something like the Vibration Aura(s) or more power/ FX-intensive, with or without Distortion/ Displacement effects and etc – really, what would work/look best in the suggested concept. I think this would make a really cool, fun Travel Power!

FORCE HOVER DISK
Or Light/Energy/Glass/Holo… Hover Disk

Our model enjoys long flights on the beach atop Force constructs.

Description:
You slip & slide your way through the air on your energy hover disk.

Tap
+ Grants flight.
+ Slightly higher top speed than basic flight.
- Slightly less maneuverability than basic flight.
- While active, the energy cost of all powers is increased and your Energy Generation is reduced.
Charge
+ When fully charged, activates at maximum flight speed.

Notes: Not sure I quite nailed it in the art there, but visually/ FX-wise (and that’d go for “Force Flight”, as well): I would liken it to a Rank 3 Force Shield - the way its energy webs and flows, rings emanating from the center and a certain glass-like translucency. I figured that, this energy would shift a bit according with direction & speed leaving its opposite side more transparent/glassy in appearance - but evenly distributed when idle/stopping. And also that it might produce a faint Force bubble-like effect (air distortion/resistance), at higher speeds.

FORCE FLIGHT or LEVITATION
Or “Personal Force Flight”/Hover/Levitation…

BubbleGun is wearing Holoforce Armor & Cyberpunk costume parts.

Description:
You are able to levitate/fly by extending an energy/Force field (PFF!) inches from your body, because Personal Force Flight is what’s up.

Tap
+ Grants flight.
+ While active, adds a flat value (Ranks 1, 2 and 3) to your Defense.
+ While out of combat, flight speed gradually increases over several stages. This increase takes longer than other flight powers.
- Slightly less maneuverability than basic flight.
Charge
+ When fully charged you enter flight at maximum flight speed. This charge takes longer than other travel powers.

Suggested Advantages:
Kinetic Charge (2): After a full charge, this travel power grants a bonus to your PFF regeneration scaling with your speed and Rank. This bonus persists for a short time upon losing speed or stopping.

alternatively: … a strength bonus to your shields (PFF, PF, IDF…)

Notes: The concept revolves around manipulating your Personal Force Field or a similar energy layer/shell/whatever, shaped around the hero’s body. I thought of it being more of a Magneto-style hover or levitation in terms of pose/animations, only shifting slightly (kind of Jet Boot/Pack-sy in that sense) when stopping or changing direction.

SORCERY

ANIMAL SHAPESHIFTING: RAVEN FLIGHT
Or Bird/Crow/Flock of…

Diabolique may wear peacock, but she’d rather shift into a Hitchcock bird.

Description:
Take it to the skies as a crow/raven.

Tap
+ Grants flight.
- Less maneuverability than basic flight.
- Other powers cannot be used while using Raven Flight.
Charge
+ When fully charged you enter flight at maximum flight speed.

Suggested Advantages:
Birds of a Feather (0): Flock of ravens (alternate skin) (?).
Spirit Animal (2): Cloaked in feathers and darkness, your Dodge chance is increased for a short time after resuming corporeal form.

Notes: Similar if not a re-skin of Bat/Scarab Flight. I’ve added some twists and fluff, all obviously optional but which I think might be cool.

Basically (pardon the cheese, but), it’d be from creature to ink, from ink to creature. Bestial Pose> (getting your animal on.. meh, dunno, optional) jump to hover (flapping arms/ wing motion)> blacken and dissolve into dark “ink”/goo> form > puff & ta-daaa: you’re a raven!

I imagined this sort of tar pitch-black “inky” energy that would shape the raven (think, Queen Ravenna in “Snow White & the Huntsman”) which in turn would shed it off/ “break free” from the dark substance that formed it, in a puff of smoke and black feathers. On the note of “Snow White…”: I think a flock might be a cool plus (see advantage).

_________________________ THE END _________________________

I hope you guys like these!
Feel free to contribute with ideas/suggestions (about these or other Travel Powers you’d like to see in the game); feedback on i.e power mechanics , advantages – heck, even better names – all is valid and welcome. Saving a space below for that & will try to keep it updated. Please stay on topic, be civil and respectful of each other’s opinions.
See you Champions around! ;)

Spordelia

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS

CLOUD FLIGHT
by @epelesker

Riptight Bun rides the skies, proving that his manbun can weather any storm.
epelesker said:

I was told by someone that if you're able to tap-activate Earth Flight high enough above the ground, it turns into a stormy cloud instead of raising the slab of concrete (though rubble geometry still appears). There's a slottable cloud travel power in the game already, but it's attached to the Rainbow Flight set and thus has a rainbow trail and movement noise which I'm not sure I could stand all the time. Being able to easily activate a regular Cloud Flight power-- without resorting to the Earthen Flight "workaround"-- would be a pretty cool thing.

by @theravenforce
- Boost to Defense + Kinetic Charge – from “Force Flight”, to be shared by all Force-related Travel Powers (...Glide, Hover Disk and Flight).

The only thing I'd be wary of, is placing a bonus to a specific passive and tying it to a travel power. I'd suggest either adding the advantages (Both Kinetic advantage and flat boost to defense) to "Force Flight" to all other Force related Travel Powers.

ANIMAL SHAPESHIFTING: WOLF
by @riverocean

Especially love the idea of Force Flight power and animal transform travel powers. I'd love a Wolf travel power too.

PSIONIC/TK & LIGHTNING TRAVEL POWERS
by @cryneting
cryneting said:

I'll love to have a Psioinc TP however!

cryneting said:

I whuold not mind a TP, thats bacily like the Flash, where you use lighting, like the flame-feet, but well Lighting.

Another is another PSI one, but more TK based

FIRE TELEPORT
by @thatguymatikz

I posted in another thread but I'd kind of like to see a fire teleport power that was like Electric Arc, just you turn into a fireball instead of a ball of electricity.

DISTORTION FLIGHT
by @markhawkman

Maybe a Distortion flight? it'd be functionally the same as standard flight, but have the distortion effect from Distortion acrobatics.

Post edited by spordelia on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    CLOUD FLIGHT
    by @epelesker

Riptight Bun rides the skies, proving that his manbun can weather any storm.
    epelesker said:

I was told by someone that if you're able to tap-activate Earth Flight high enough above the ground, it turns into a stormy cloud instead of raising the slab of concrete (though rubble geometry still appears). There's a slottable cloud travel power in the game already, but it's attached to the Rainbow Flight set and thus has a rainbow trail and movement noise which I'm not sure I could stand all the time. Being able to easily activate a regular Cloud Flight power-- without resorting to the Earthen Flight "workaround"-- would be a pretty cool thing.

by @theravenforce

- Boost to Defense + Kinetic Charge – from “Force Flight”, to be shared by all Force-related Travel Powers (Glide, Hover Disk and Flight).

… The only thing I'd be wary of, is placing a bonus to a specific passive and tying it to a travel power. I'd suggest either adding the advantages (Both Kinetic advantage and flat boost to defense) to "Force Flight" to all other Force related Travel Powers.

Post edited by spordelia on
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Wowzers! Wonderful artwork.

I love the force flight ideas and workups. The raven one would be cool, though another non-combat TP might not be so popular.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    You know, the timing of this is excellent considering I actually do have a travel power request-- one that's actually already in the game, in a way.

Please consider using this!
    Post edited by epelesker on
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    O.o I'd love these... especially the Force Glide & Force Flight...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Updated!
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    These are amazing ideas and artwork!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Spordelia...you already know I'm on board for these! :heart:

Especially the force ones! I've been asking for the Force Disk style travel power forEVER. I'm currently using Hoverboard as a stand-in with Light Hoverboard Skin.

The only thing I'd be wary of, is placing a bonus to a specific passive and tying it to a travel power. I'd suggest either adding the advantages (Both Kinetic advantage and flat boost to defense) to "Force Flight" to all other Force related Travel Powers.

For the Force Hover Disk, I assume you mean this effect? If so then YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Good to see you on forums again!!

VIVA PSI!

/Signed
  • Options
  • Options
    Hmm. Pretty sure I just deleted my own post. How? I have no idea (ugh, I miss the old forums :weary:)
    Anyhow: From now on I’ll be updating the OP, instead. Hope not to delete that one, as well… O.o

For the Force Hover Disk, I assume you mean this effect? If so then YESSSSSSSSSSS!

YESSS! :smiley:
    That’s exactly it (nice picture, too)! It’s kind of perfect, isn’t it? <3

I’ve updated the thread with your suggestion.
    Thank you for the feedback and support!
    (Oh, also: VIVA PSI!!!)
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Thumbs up on all of these. Especially love the idea of Force Flight power and animal transform travel powers. I'd love a Wolf travel power too.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options

Thumbs up on all of these. Especially love the idea of Force Flight power and animal transform travel powers. I'd love a Wolf travel power too.

Yeah, I'd love to see that Raven transformation power (for obvious reasons!) at halloween perhaps?
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    I love your artwork OP!, they are great

I'll love to have a Psioinc TP however!
    Psi.
  • Options
    brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    I vote for these too.. The artwork for them is amazing. If these sets came out I'd throw my money at them ASAP.
  • Options
    Thank You!
    @riverocean and @cryneting I’ve updated the OP with your suggestions.
    Let me know if you’d like to add/change anything! :+1:
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    spordelia said:

Thank You!
    @riverocean and @cryneting I’ve updated the OP with your suggestions.
    Let me know if you’d like to add/change anything! :+1:

I whuold not mind a TP, thats bacily like the Flash, where you use lighting, like the flame-feet, but well Lighting.

Another is another PSI one, but more TK based
    Psi.
  • Options
    Assisting with the bump!
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    I posted in another thread but I'd kind of like to see a fire teleport power that was like Electric Arc, just you turn into a fireball instead of a ball of electricity.
  • Options
    Updated! :+1:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Maybe a Distortion flight? it'd be functionally the same as standard flight, but have the distortion effect from Distortion acrobatics.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

Personally I'd like to see travel power effects become a customization feature applicable to all travel powers... the way they should have been from the start...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    Oh wow these are pretty cool.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I like these ideas, how did I not see this thread earlier this year?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Very nice stuff Spordelia and some great ideas.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    epelesker said:

You know, the timing of this is excellent considering I actually do have a travel power request-- one that's actually already in the game, in a way.

Please consider using this!

Earth flight actually has THREE animations, rock, cloud and snow. Cloud is any time you're in air.... or above water. Jumping out of water while Earth flight is active also triggers the cloud form, unless you jump onto land. Snow form I've only seen in Canada. Activate earth flight while standing on snow.... sometimes you get snow form... sometimes you get the rock form.

Rock form is the only one that you can recolor at all... and even then it's the bits of metal sticking out and not the entire travel power. This is kinda neat in that turning the TP off creates rock debris.

Cloud form has no rubble geometry. It does however have a thunder rumble sound effect and swirling clouds.

Snow form looks a lot like rock form but white, and with no bits of metal sticking out.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    I was wrong. I found a fourth form!

what I called "rock form" is actually building rubble.

the actual rock form looks like a lump of tan sandstone, I've seen it only in the desert.

So updated list:

Rubble form (default): jagged bits of building rubble with rebar sticking out. Rebar is partly recolorable. Surrounded by an aura of floating rocks and sand. turning the TP off creates rock debris.

Rock form(desert): Flight on a large boulder of sandstone. Surrounded by an aura of floating rocks and sand. turning the TP off creates rock debris.

snow form(Canada): Flight on a large mass of packed snow. Surrounded by an aura of snow.

cloud form(anywhere not on solid ground): swirling clouds with periodic thunder and lightning. surrounded by a mist effect.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    When activate Earth Flight while standing on grass or other vegetation, you get yet another version: earth, soil, and rocks, with a green, grassy base.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    hmmm cooool, it's a subtle difference and it doesn't have it's own aura effect.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    shilarshilar Posts: 48 Arc User
    An idea I brought up for a travel power is comet flight. you turn into a form of ball with a comet tail as you move. Basically fast but hard to turn, but fantastic idea for an effect.
    Travel Power/Costume suggestions.

Example of Comet Flight: Here.
  • Options
    shilar said:

An idea I brought up for a travel power is comet flight. you turn into a form of ball with a comet tail as you move. Basically fast but hard to turn, but fantastic idea for an effect.

So like Millennial flight but where you can't see your character at all? :p

After one of several respawns today, I realized something.... There are two versions of the rubble form; light grey concrete and dark grey asphalt.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Ok, so to recap:
    asphalt
    cloud
    concrete
    grass
    rock
    snow

any more to list? O_o'
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Yeah... I know.. no thread necro..blah...blah..

But these ideas were so seriously well-rendered and well thought out, they truly deserve a thread bump. With the devs making so many new things recently, it's worth a shot.

Please don't lock or hide or this.. it's amazing work.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Seems like most of those should be easy enough.

It's just a matter of changing some details on a flight mode that's already in the game for the most part.

- We already have the option to fly on a cloud through earth flight, so they just need to give that option directly (and maybe eliminate the cloud option from earth flight).

- They could add, at minimum, some different material options for hover disc and let us fly around on a clear disc.
    Better still that they add some more models to that basic disc and then throw the FX on top of that so that we could diversify the power even more.

"Electric disc", "fire disc", "force disc", "dark disc"... They could even put one or more of these options in a lockbox if they wanted to. Push key sales to recoup the money spent on the development time.

- Arcane flight covers the "standing flight" as I understand it, so again, just change the FX. Darkness, force, electricity, and so on. These could be in lockboxes as well or maybe made available through the Drifter store, the Q-store, or directly from the C-store.

In all of those cases it would generate money even if only by removing questionite from the game, and would help maintain a certain rarity on that flight model

- As far as shape-shifting flight, whatever they want to do. Not my thing, really, but I imagine that birds would be fairly popular. Maybe add a color option? Let the player choose the color of the birds? Or perhaps you could choose between a few different predetermined colors?
    And, of course, they could make different colors available through different means, going back to lockboxes, Z-store, Q-store, Drifter, UNTIL, S/GCR, or even some event coinage.

One variation on that that I think might work would be a "flight aura" effect. Rather than transform into a flock of bats or birds, you are merely surrounded by a number of bats or birds as you fly.
    I suppose, though, that any sort of animal aura would accomplish much the same, only there is no "flight only" option for auras. Just "combat only" or "always on", so if they added a "flight only" aura option that would be even better.

And I didn't notice the necro until I had already typed most of this, so...
  • Options
    It's not really a necro post... 32 days.... yeah... barely cold.

anyways.... no eliminating options from Earth Flight!

But yeah, the game has an interesting variety of "standing on stuff" flight powers. But there is a lot of room for more. And it'd be pretty easy to make separate TPs out of the cloud or ice boulder aspects of Earth flight. The cloud form is particularly interesting to me since it has a thunder sound effect to it and flashes of lightning. The ice boulder? Enh, there's not many ice themed TPs.

A really neat idea, though it'd take considerable work to build, is an ice version of athletics or acrobatics where your character ice skates.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    *necrobump*:P

Dear Devs That Be,
    Make a basic witch happy and give us Crow Shapeshifting Flight TP for Halloween.
    Love,
    Spordelia.

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    We still need the force hover disk and force flight from the OP.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

We still need the force hover disk and force flight from the OP.

YES.
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, I really could use Force Disk right now, too. But I got a witch on my *** about the Crow Flight TP, and I don’t wanna turn into nothing, man. Devs, please help a witch out! :tongue:
  • Options
    venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
    These are terrific ideas! I've had some similar thoughts in the past. I love the "use aura in travel only" option idea. The one I had that was similar was having auras that you could place directly on your travel powers. For one of my characters, the Aspect of the Infernal aura looks awesome on him in flight but I don't like having it on when just walking around/ battling. This would solve that quite nicely. I also love the notion of having more skins for the hover disc. So far, I think only 1 or 2 of my characters have the TP because, though I enjoy it, I'm not the biggest fan of how it looks. Specially for less technology based toons.

I know this will never happen, but I'd like to see optional flight poses. If we could just pick "flight" as a base TP, then choose:
    -regular pose (one arm forward)
    -arms forward
    -arms outward ( T or V shaped)
    -arms back (bullet style)
    -cross legged (hovering monk)
    -standing pose
    -arms crossed standing pose

Then, from there you could add your visual effect/ TP only aura

The toon I mentioned earlier would look fantastic in a standing arms crossed flight with Aspect of the Infernal aura (TP only). Once he reaches full speed, perhaps it goes into the both arms back pose!

"Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"