test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160210.21 - More Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2016 in PTS - The Archive
* There was an error with this build, it should be available tomorrow morning.

Power Changes
  • Fixed a bug where Thermal Reverberation was going beyond 10 stacks.
  • Lowered Absorb Heat's heal slightly.
  • Absorb Heat now properly ranks up.
  • Clinging Flames can no longer crit.
  • Clinging flames can no longer be dodged.
  • Fixed a bug where Flashfire, Pyre's flame pit and Firesnake allowed players to get more than one stack of clinging flames.
  • Fixed a bug where Gas Pellet's poison advantage let you get more than 5 stacks of poison.
  • Updated the Nightmare Colossus to not play firesnake fx.
  • Fixed a bug where Soul Vortex's chance to fear was incorrect across its ranks.
  • Fixed a bug where Telekinetic Reverberation claimed it scaled off of Presence.

Costume Changes
  • Fixed a bug where Teleios boots were not unlocking all materials.
  • Fixed a bug where Cross boots and Long Sleeves did not have mirrorgeometry entries.
  • Added metal and leather materials to the cape wraps.
  • Fixed a name display error when unlocking the Deer and Raptor skulls.
  • Added animal skulls to females.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1. Posts that do not pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Animal skulls for females! yay! Wait, can't find them, even with the search function.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    None of these fire adjustments seem to be working at all, the reverb is wigging out, 20+ stacks? oO.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Please consider changing arc of ruin to pbAoE, since it's a 360 degree attack now there is no reason it should require a target.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Still would like to see some non-fire HW options added back to the powerset. :'(​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    kallethen said:

Still would like to see some non-fire HW options added back to the powerset. :'(​​

Well... it IS an Archetype. The whole point of an archetype is to have a singular theme and run with it.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    ninjapiff said:

kallethen said:

Well... it IS an Archetype. The whole point of an archetype is to have a singular theme and run with it.
    Powerset, not archetype.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Still would like to see some non-fire HW options added back to the powerset. :'(

My issue is that they are changing the theme of the Powerset to fit the one Archtype.

EDIT: Thus it breaks the theme of those who use the powerset for heros that want to swing a big weapon but not have fire in just about every attack.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    kallethen said:

This.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    kallethen said:

Add my voice to those with this concern. Thermal Reverb is one of the easier energy unlocks to trigger. I've bulit heroes who can trigger it by just spamming Brimstone or flashfire. I'm not sure if adding Clinging Flames to almost every HW attack is necessary.

Also - I <3 Absorb Heat. Letting the inferno have it as a choice would be nice. Seeing as it's range is 25-FT there would be some risk vs. reward in order to use it.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kaizerin said:

Clinging Flames can no longer crit.
    Suggest either a bump to base damage or a damage bonus based on crit chance/severity. Or both. Or an innate stack limit of 2-3 instead of 1. It's not like clinging flames damage is anything to write home about.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User

Suggest either a bump to base damage or a damage bonus based on crit chance/severity. Or both. Or an innate stack limit of 2-3 instead of 1. It's not like clinging flames damage is anything to write home about.

Damage bonus based on crit chance/severity needs to be added to a lot of DoTs. Standardized for them, probably.
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Clinging Flames can no longer crit.
    FFS, there is no reason to make this change. But if you must please increase the damage by 30%+ and/or increase the AoE range.

• Options
    dowhatnow45dowhatnow45 Posts: 5 Arc User
    kallethen said:

I agree, please think of peoples existing character concepts that may not want fire or clinging flames as part of there theme!.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    So HOW MANY Clinging Flames can you MAX STACK now?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kallethen said:

My issue is that they are changing the theme of the Powerset to fit the one Archtype.

EDIT: Thus it breaks the theme of those who use the powerset for heros that want to swing a big weapon but not have fire in just about every attack.​​

I have a similar concern--once Imaginary Weapon skins became available, I added some HW powers to some of my toons as punching/slamming attacks, or earth-based attacks. Fire doesn't match the theme of them at all.

This is just weird--it's almost like the power set should be renamed, "Heavy Flaming Weapon".

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Suggestion For The Rocker AT:

Here is my suggestion for the Rocker AT. It would be nice if the Rocker's final power choice was between Unleashed Rage and Rebirth. None of the existing tanks can resurrect themselves and this would add to it's appeal as a premium AT. Plus, I think it's thematic. So many Rock Star's have brought their careers back from the dead :). And there's even an advantage that would allow them to bring some band mates back with them!!

• Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I think rebirth should be a choice for the Void rather than the Rocker AT
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Add me to list of those who would like to see all these new fire/flame changes as optional, not mandatory, for HW.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2016

l think all AT, regardless of sub status, must be able to claim Heroic Resonance device. Until they introduce it, with all their selfrez nerfs all you can do it to smash "Call for Help" button with all your might!
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Add mission markers for Terror Siphons.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

l think all AT, regardless of sub status, must be able to claim Heroic Resonance device. Until they introduce it, with all their selfrez nerfs all you can do it to smash "Call for Help" button with all your might!
    Heroic Resonance is a perk that's given to long term subscribers. I don't think it's reasonable to ask that F2P members get it for free.

Premium AT's should be improved overall, so they can handle upper lvl content. And to be honest, that is happening.

We've seen quite a few ATs get buffed recently.

Free AT's well..they are free for a reason. They shouldn't be as strong as a Free Form or a Paid AT.

Yes, that's frustrating.

But the game has been pretty good to silver players, including giving silvers Premium AT's and FF for free over the past few months.

Then new Premium AT (Rocker) is obviously being designed to handle tougher level content. Which is why I suggested a rez with it. But that's just me recalling how Tanks in COH always had a self-heal and a self-rez of some kind. They are tanks.. they live in melee and being in melee means you're going to die sometimes.

Personally, I think all Premium Tanks should have a self-heal and a rez. They are paid for AT's after all and should be a little better off than Free AT's.
  • Options
    So, was .22 just .21, but working? Or was there anything else?
  • Options
    heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    I'll throw my name in the hat and ask that the fire effects for HW be optional (0 or 1 point adv?). I have a few toons that are weapon users and this theme would break them.

Additionally, I'd like to have a few "fire HW" skins released to work with the new HW fire theme.
  • Options
    What they should do, is give all Single Blade, Duel Blade, Claws, and HW attack several 0 point advantages to give make them dual type damage. 1 point advantages would be a waste of points. Plus, they need to make it so that if you have a power that has a 0 point advantage, you should be able to access your advantage points regardless of how many advantage points they have left. Of course, they should also make 0 point advantages be toggleable so you can change them on a fly when instead of having to go back to the power house just to remove a 0 point advantage.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

What they should do, is give all Single Blade, Duel Blade, Claws, and HW attack several 0 point advantages to give make them dual type damage. 1 point advantages would be a waste of points. Plus, they need to make it so that if you have a power that has a 0 point advantage, you should be able to access your advantage points regardless of how many advantage points they have left. Of course, they should also make 0 point advantages be toggleable so you can change them on a fly when instead of having to go back to the power house just to remove a 0 point advantage.

And while we're at it, I'd like a pony.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jonsills said:

And while we're at it, I'd like a pony.
    From what I hear of Dev preferences regarding 0 point advantages and ponies, you're much more likely to get that pony than soul is to get those 0 pointers.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    **EDIT** Moved the tangential discussion about ranged/melee, fire/heavy weapons builds to the Suggestions Box subforum. Please refer to that thread if you wish to continue the conversation.

BUG
    • Fire Snake still allows a player to stack Clinging Flames indefinitely. Each Snake can apply one stack of Clinging Flames (independent of the player's one-stack limit), which can be renewed with Wildfire. When the source Fire Snake expires, the Clinging Flames remain, but are now flagged as "an unknown entity" in the combat log.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2016

**EDIT** Moved the tangential discussion about ranged/melee, fire/heavy weapons builds to the Suggestions Box subforum. Please refer to that thread if you wish to continue the conversation.

I'm not sure how it wasn't directly relevant as feedback on the proposed HW power changes. At least here the devs had a prayer of actually looking at it... since at least my initial comment was directed at the developers as feedback about the HW changes. So, uh, thanks for moving it somewhere no developer will ever see it?

• Options
    edited March 2016

Premium AT's should be improved overall, so they can handle upper lvl content. And to be honest, that is happening.

Personally, I think all Premium Tanks should have a self-heal and a rez. They are paid for AT's after all and should be a little better off than Free AT's.

What?! You say Premium AT should be STRONGER than Free AT? So you literally vote for Pay-to-win system? Mentally healthy people buy AT, same as costume, because of their concept, and not because of combat strength! So, let's assume, if you gonna make electricity-based character, you can't emulate it with lnferno without other people think your toon is fire-based. So you gonna buy Tempest. Same as speedster - you can't simulate it with Behemoth, because of their slow, brutal combat style. So you'll buy the Master/Fist. Thus l think AT, regardless they're free or premium - should be approximately 1:1 in their possibilities, just w/out FF flexibility.

Selfrez isn't that required for tanks, as for glass cannons, which constantly randomly one-shoted by grav cascades, other AoE's, and if they overaggro boss, which tank don't bother to aggro. If a tank dies in boss battle, then their Threat is wiped, and they begin to shoot right at glass cannons, until they kill them all. So, glass cannons need either self-rez, or threat wipe, and tanks need possible more threat holding mechanics; but while FF glass cannons can do both self-rez and threat wipe, no one of AT (except Marksman, with weird mechanics based on RNG, 50% chance on EM adv), can do any of them, and respectively should receive.

Subbed players don't need Heroic Resonance much, because they most likely run on Freefroms, which have their decent selfrez/aggro wipe options. Conversely AT don't have those, thus this kind of help would be appreciated by me. What to say, if l ran this game, free Heroic Resonance for AT, along with Idle Emote Pack would be 2 of 3 things l would make on the next day.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    avianos wrote: »
    So HOW MANY Clinging Flames can you MAX STACK now?

No one ever wants to answer this question. I'm guessing its one stack and it was never intended to get more than one stack ever. Would have been nice to know this the dozens of times I've asked about this for the last month that it was never intended to have more than one stack on anything.

Thanks for wasting of time, everyone. I hope I helped you from wasting yours trying to get an answer, Avianos.​​
  • Options
    edited March 2016

BUG

• Fire Snake still allows a player to stack Clinging Flames indefinitely. Each Snake can apply one stack of Clinging Flames (independent of the player's one-stack limit), which can be renewed with Wildfire. When the source Fire Snake expires, the Clinging Flames remain, but are now flagged as "an unknown entity" in the combat log.
    l think they just need to delete Clinging Flames application from Fire snake - it already hangs Debuff. Just fire damage & - fire, elemental res. Same as if lncendiary Round applied Clinging Flames (Flamethrower MK2 does its own version though, even triggers thermal reverb).

• Options
    edited March 2016

No one ever wants to answer this question. I'm guessing its one stack and it was never intended to get more than one stack ever. Would have been nice to know this the dozens of times I've asked about this for the last month that it was never intended to have more than one stack on anything.

Thanks for wasting of time, everyone. I hope I helped you from wasting yours trying to get an answer, Avianos.

I appriciate it

BUT HOLD ON A FREAKING MINUTE

Correct me if im wrong, but Wasn't Absorb Heat suppoced to heal based on the stacks of Clinging Flames

and since now you can only have 1 max stack, doesn't that mean Absorb Heat is gonna be useless?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    dakrushmor wrote: »

Subbed players don't need Heroic Resonance much, because they most likely run on Freefroms, which have their decent selfrez/aggro wipe options. Conversely AT don't have those, thus this kind of help would be appreciated by me. What to say, if l ran this game, free Heroic Resonance for AT, along with Idle Emote Pack would be 2 of 3 things l would make on the next day.

heroic resonance is a HEAL . NOT a res.
    it gives you 100% health and energy but it does NOT RES you.
    I checkd it on a character. as you as you die, it greys out.
    vet%20rewards_zpslzamlmn4.png

​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Loving all the new content since last week, enjoying the new/updated Archetypes, toying with costume pieces, great stuff.

BUG

With all the new Animal Skulls, the Eyes and Eyebrows still appear.

Edit - I discovered the Eyes only appear under the normal Heads option, but are not in the Monstrous or Bestial options. And since the Eyebrows can be turned off, this is a non-issue. No problems here!

COSTUME SUGGESTION

Please add a Banjo as a Heavy Weapon skin, not necessarily now, but perhaps in a future update. Looking at how intricate the guitars were (which are awesome), we think it's actually easier to model a Banjo. A Banjo's benefit is that it can aesthetically fit a wider selection of characters beyond Rock 'n Rollers, such as: Bluegrass, Country, Elderly People, Cartoon Characters, Horses. This is a request from the COmmunity, and while some of its usages will be humourous, this suggestion is not a joke; we think it is do-able and will be very welcome by players.

Anticipating a scenario where a Banjo is too cost-prohibitive, we counter-propose an alternative: a Frying Pan.

GAMEPLAY SUGGESTION

Please buff the healing on Absorb Heat one way or another. I've been playing on the Rocker Archetype, which I think is my favourite Tank Archetype now, but Absorb Heat's healing effect is so low that it is not worth using in practice.

My in-field experience is as follows. Either enemies are so weak as to never necessitate a self-heal, or they are so strong that using Absorb Heat (which exposes you for a moment) lets them hurt me more than I heal up. In other words, it usually ends up a wash, sometimes a bit better, most of the time a little worse off because I lost some health and the Clinging Flames effect.

Thank you very much, very good stuff.
    Post edited by tigerofcachtice on
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Correct me if im wrong, but Wasn't Absorb Heat suppoced to heal based on the stacks of Clinging Flames

and since now you can only have 1 max stack, doesn't that mean Absorb Heat is gonna be useless?

Absorb Heat will heal based on the total number of stacks of CF, meaning for each target that has it within the AoE. So if you have AoEs that apply the stacks, use that then Absorb Heat. It just means that if you are fighting a boss, you will only benefit from one stack CF total for the heal.

This is why I wanted powers like Cleave to apply more than one stack of it to the primary target to put it on par with Shred and Bleeds.​​
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited March 2016

and since now you can only have 1 max stack, doesn't that mean Absorb Heat is gonna be useless?

Absorb Heat will heal based on the total number of stacks of CF, meaning for each target that has it within the AoE. So if you have AoEs that apply the stacks, use that then Absorb Heat. It just means that if you are fighting a boss, you will only benefit from one stack CF total for the heal.

This is why I wanted powers like Cleave to apply more than one stack of it to the primary target to put it on par with Shred and Bleeds.​​

Crap, if that's the case, I'm rethinking of getting Absorb Heat. It will be underwhelming if I can only apply one stack of CF. Boss fights would be pretty difficult. Here i thought CF would have 5 stacks like Bleeds, maybe even more.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Crap, if that's the case, I'm rethinking of getting Absorb Heat. It will be underwhelming if I can only apply one stack of CF. Boss fights would be pretty difficult. Here i thought CF would have 5 stacks like Bleeds, maybe even more.

so bascially they created a new power and then nerfed it into the ground before it was released.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User

COSTUME SUGGESTION

Please add a Banjo as a Heavy Weapon skin, not necessarily now, but perhaps in a future update. Looking at how intricate the guitars were (which are awesome), we think it's actually easier to model a Banjo. A Banjo's benefit is that it can aesthetically fit a wider selection of characters beyond Rock 'n Rollers, such as: Bluegrass, Country, Elderly People, Cartoon Characters, Horses. This is a request from the COmmunity, and while some of its usages will be humourous, this suggestion is not a joke; we think it is do-able and will be very welcome by players.

Anticipating a scenario where a Banjo is too cost-prohibitive, we counter-propose an alternative: a Frying Pan.

Yes, please do this. However, be prepared for many many clones of El Kabong running around. (That's not a bad thing, one of them will probably be mine and all.)
  • Options
    POSSIBLE BUG: Soul Vortex gets cancelled by Blocking

Sorry if this is By Design rather than a Bug. Soul Vortex starts normally, but gets cancelled mid-animation if I Block.

It can happen everywhere at any time. You use Soul Vortex on an enemy, the animation starts as we see the ground starts to bubble up, but if you block too soon, the Soulnado component does not appear. The move is effectively cancelled as the cooldown timer also does not kick in.

The workaround is simple, don't Block until the Soulnado comes up, so it's not a biggie.

I'm not sure if this is input lag, animation lag, a net code issue, or that sort of weird lag when Ricochet Throw sometimes takes a moment to take effect (you know, like the enemies are already running at you and presumably the boomerang hits them on the back of their heads for comedic effect). It's not caused by Internet lag, though, as I've had this occur while connectivity was good. I've seen something similar happen in STO when I punch in a command, it looks like it's activated and seems to start the cooldown timer for it, then it turns out nothing happened (like someone forgot to load the torpedo tubes or something).

Not sure if this is just a nuance of the power, but let me say this: if the cause is the Soulnado animation, I suggest we leave it as is, as that's cool enough to justify working around the lead-lag issue.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

From what I hear of Dev preferences regarding 0 point advantages and ponies, you're much more likely to get that pony than soul is to get those 0 pointers.

So true.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    notyuu said:

so bascially they created a new power and then nerfed it into the ground before it was released.

Yep! :) It's pretty standard :P
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    notyuu wrote: »
    This is why I wanted powers like Cleave to apply more than one stack of it to the primary target to put it on par with Shred and Bleeds.

18b.jpg
    So much for Thematic Self Heals if you are going to Nerf the whole FIRE Powerframe main mechanic​​
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    Clinging Flames was never meant to stack, this should be evident that the only way players could multi stack it was through using flashfire and firesnake. These are pet powers and were incorrectly flagged to be their own entity. These were bugs.

Absorb Heat provides a good chunk of health with just one stack of CF to you and any of your teammates within a 25ft aoe.​​
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

notyuu said:

Yep! :) It's pretty standard :P

CFs can be applied to a group of enemies, specifically with fire patches and easily with Cleave. Even with a max of 1 stack, using a cleave combo will net you CF equal to X enemies you hit with the third attack. So you can still get a sizable amount of stacks. Also, Absorb heat has a sizeable heal on its own without the CF stacks.

If the concern is, "Well, against a single target boss I can only get 1 stack of CFs." then don't use Absorb Heat. All mechanics cannot be expected to work in every situation.

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Well, then. I guess I won't be taking Absorb Heat for my planned dmg HW build. So much for being hyped about it. Hopefully the HW changes would be worth it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Sorry if this is By Design rather than a Bug. Soul Vortex starts normally, but gets cancelled mid-animation if I Block.

Most powers can get canceled by early blocking -- block interrupts what you're currently doing (if it didn't do this, it would be unresponsive because you wouldn't block until the animation for your current power was finished).
    kaizerin said:

Clinging Flames was never meant to stack, this should be evident that the only way players could multi stack it was through using flashfire and firesnake.

As the most convenient ways to apply clinging flames are flashfire and firesnake, I doubt most players noticed that a nominal cap of 1 existed. I certainly never did, I figured the cap was 5 like bleed and poison.
  • Options

Most powers can get canceled by early blocking -- block interrupts what you're currently doing (if it didn't do this, it would be unresponsive because you wouldn't block until the animation for your current power was finished).
    That's true. I think Soul Vortex stood out because its elaborate animation sequence looked like the power was already in full effect when it technically hadn't started yet, because it looked like the character completed her full emote for the move. It might have just been counter-intuitive, not a bug.

The thing a friend of mine and I were wondering, could that lag be related to how this Power was based on a Device from the Qliphoth adventure? Not sure if something was lost in transition.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
This discussion has been closed.