test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NewEgg Build. o.O

dlfroelichdlfroelich Posts: 22 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Builds and Roles
How's this looking so far, Champions? My current gear is Legions with two Vigils and the Dodge/Avoidance Onslaught piece.

powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=13&n=&d=135000000000000800000008404880089003707A703820H8I0LDM00DK048G00AI05J5002sNL3bDM0nGQ

Builds are not my strong point... In fact, I have no points. <.< I'm oval.

The second power is Burst Shot. Not sure if I'd need the Furious ADV on it or not.

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” -C.S. Lewis

Comments

• dlfroelichdlfroelich Posts: 22 Arc User
    Awww... This link didn't work.

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” -C.S. Lewis
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    If I were to make a (mostly) Muni Pistol tank now, I'd prob go w/ a Defiance setup, which makes managing Tank role's 20% energy penalty and TGM high cost much easier.

Like this, perhaps:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Void
    Level 6: Quick Recovery
    Level 9: Wordly
    Level 12: Impresario
    Level 15: Ascetic
    Level 18: Acrobat
    Level 21: Shooter

Powers:
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1:
    Level 6: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Defiance
    Level 14: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
    Level 17: Killer Instinct
    Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 23: Lead Tempest (Rank 2, Tread Softly, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 32: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Breakaway Shot (Microfilament Wire)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

2nd power is Burst Shot. Guardicator can also work for the specs, ofc.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    If I go with Defiance, would I have to swap my dodge/avoidance defense slot gear out for the defense heavy based defense slot gear?

Defiance doesn't require any ranking?

I was just playing with Earth Slide + Breakaway Shot in the PH Training Room. Think that would be viable? Earth for the DMG resistance debuff and Breakaway Shot for the Defiant buff.

edited March 2016
    Yeah you'd want to focus on defense and maxHP if using Defiance, unless ya had more dodge% increases in ur build (which is possible; non-LR tanks can still get maybe 20-25% dodge; you're making ur overall mitigation better then potentially, but also more RNG-prone). And yea, Defiance is the only passive that's best left unranked- if ur doing things right then you should need an extra 1-2 starting stacks of it.

Land Slide is a little laggy, but it can work for Disorient. IIRC, though, that debuff only applies if ur far enough away from the target. The problem w/ movement skills is that if ur tanking then ur allies may not want you to move a melee boss that would chase you. The combo itself also takes some time and does little dps, so I'm unsure of its practicality- though it would get style points.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    eh, with defiance i'd go for dodge/avoid on gear. The diminishing returns kick in pretty hard, and you're suffering virtually no DR on dodge/avoid, so the expected damage reduction from even the little dodge/avoid you get from gear is bigger than if you instead used gear for more defense.

(the break-even point is around 110-120% defense. Defiant with decent con should easily take you over that, especially once you factor in the unavoidable defense from gear).
    Yeah, but again- that's looking at overall mitigation for dodge. If ya can stomach the higher rng factor, then go for it. Else, if ur high into total dmgRes then I'd actually probably favor more maxHP over dodge/avoid for Defiance- even it it doesn't directly affect mitigation, it gives you (and allies healing you) more leeway.

But, if ya already got dodge/avoid gear that you've heavily invested into, then ya can settle on that just fine regardless.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Why not just stay a dodge tank? Ranged dodge tanking at less than 100% dodge is a lot more pleasant than melee dodge tanking at less than 100%.

With con PSS, you get some nice healing from Adrenaline rush. Swap out concentration for Chiller. Stack dex for dodge and energy. With ego as a secondary stat, you'd also get some energy from killer instinct. Go 3/3 in deflection. Plus you have Force shield adv, which I think still scales with ego. Even with 2/3 in fuel my fire, I doubt you'd have energy issues. You'd have to try it to make sure, though.

There's also the possibility to use overdrive with 2gun. No idea which would be better between KI and Overdrive. I would guess KI because Overdrive is more for multiple maintains of power armor.

My ranged tank has around 67% dodge with Justice HP gear / r7 gamblers when sitting around. When I was using con pss, the healing from adrenaline rush was awesome. Hardly needed to bother healing. Took forever for OnSlaught Medusas to drop my HP with no other healing. (forever with my limited patience that is) But with 2gun, you get Willpower for even more free healing. I was using sentry and vindicator with con pss though. Not sure if the extra defenses from sentry matter that much. Mostly took it for Twist Fate (more dodge and crit).

Whatever you decide though. Just wanted to chime in on other options to consider.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    Yeah, the original dodge route is fine from a tanking standpoint, w/ a few tweaks. I just went to Defiance to help w/ TGM's energy consumption mostly. Its hard to pass that option up when ya have a tank build using an energy hog.
    I appreciate all of the input. Y'all are awesome.