Install Arc

FC.31.20160210.15 - Nightmare Invasion / Rocker Archetype

Comments

• kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    xrazamax said:

Some images of the rocker costume set

http://postimg.org/gallery/uk7op7tk/

Also, guess I'm gonna have to rework my main a bit. I hope there's a retcon included.

Hrr. Another sonic power in the game is good, but it seems to have almost no synergy with might (the debuff combines with Unleashed Rage). Guitar heavy weapons may force me to rebuild my tank (who has had a guitar backpiece since creation in 2010 or so).

Might has two other sonic powers (Thunderclap and Shockwave). My sonic toon will pick this up, too.

There's Unleashed Rage, too. That does sonic damage.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    I like the event.
    1. I wish there was a way to trigger events in CO the way you could trigger the Rikti invasion in cox.
    2. I think there should be some bonus rewards for running demon flame or aftershock while this event is active. Maybe bonus SCR or Elysium coins.
    3. I'm wondering if this will lead to another piece of "epic" content, the way Onslaught lead to TA.
    4. Golden Seraph needs Voice Over

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    I love the council cutscene, even with no voices.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

I like the event.

1. I wish there was a way to trigger events in CO the way you could trigger the Rikti invasion in cox.
    2. I think there should be some bonus rewards for running demon flame or aftershock while this event is active. Maybe bonus SCR or Elysium coins.
    3. I'm wondering if this will lead to another piece of "epic" content, the way Onslaught lead to TA.
    4. Golden Seraph needs Voice Over
    • Exactly. Rikti event=bucket-loads of fun :)
    • I'm still wondering: How long is this event for? And will it(please) be a frequent(somewhat) event?.
    • Same. But what exactly? DF/AS take care of everything Qliphothic related(locking the kings and all that).
    • Would be nice :)
    Overall very nice. I really really really want that holy water power. My priest build needs it. :'(
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The rock crystal aura is kind of boring, it might look better with the crystals moving around the characters body rather then being all clumped together behind the character.

Hopefully there will be more ways to earn the coins in larger quantities, earning 1 from each daily (total of 4) when things cost 100-650 coins is a lot of grinding.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    draogn said:

The rock crystal aura is kind of boring, it might look better with the crystals moving around the characters body rather then being all clumped together behind the character.

got a .GIF of this? Never noticed..
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I am loving the work put into this event and I am really hoping that once it goes away (when it hits LIVE) we'll see it pretty soon after and it won't be a "yearly" thing but a much more regular thing.

I can see this leading to a number of things as well: New Rampage or New Onslaught Super Villain or even a new Epic Lair which features (DN, LB and a few others)...

--

Power changes: Yes. :smile:

Few things though...

Absorb Heat - Whilst it is very awesome to have a new thematic heal! (Keep them coming!) The animation for this power lets it down, in terms of how the character activates the power.

Currently it is "Havoc Stomp" 's tap animation + Pyre on tap's flames.

Suggestions for Absorb Heat

- Use Energy Storm's PRIMARY VFX (so initial maintain) as a way to "Absorb" the "heat" from enemies. PLEASE DO THIS. (Like so:)

Note: I assume the above could work by turning this power into a very quick maintain ability with a quick flash of fire for the healing aspect?

- Make this power 50ft range. Fire is a ranged set and not all fire users will be within melee range or even within 25ft (current range of power) if they can help it.

--

Suggestions for Holy Water

- Reduce the base cooldown some, even if it's only by 2 seconds. (Just my opinion, although testing may prove that the heal is strong enough to warrant the current CD)

--

Suggestion for Hyper Voice

- Rename this power, "Hyper Voice" to "Sonic Scream" or "Sonic Screech" or "Sonic Wail"
    - Rename the advantage "Deafening" to "Tinnitus"

That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure others will add and also...recent power changes (2GM and onwards) so far have been pretty awesome!

Thanks!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

- Use Energy Storm's VFX as a way to "Absorb" the "heat" from enemies. PLEASE DO THIS. (Like so:)

I like this... but would it even work? Absorb heat is a quick tap, how does that work with the maintain-based animation from energy storm?
  • if that absorb heat thing only has a 25ft range, that's even more useless than it looked at first glance...bad enough it requires an active clinging flames to actually DO anything when it's hard to tell if an enemy even has one active, but a range that low just flat-out kills it

i'll just stick with conviction, thanks - at least that only needs energy​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited March 2016
    spinnytop said:

- Use Energy Storm's VFX as a way to "Absorb" the "heat" from enemies. PLEASE DO THIS. (Like so:)

I like this... but would it even work? Absorb heat is a quick tap, how does that work with the maintain-based animation from energy storm?
    Just edited my post with a possible solution.

I guess it could be turned into a 50ft maintain with a 1-2 second maintain duration or something? and once it has finished maintaining it'll give a flash of healing to those within range of caster/user and then enter the CD?

The maintain itself would have to deal the damage that Absorb Heat does to enemies.
  • kazecatkazecat Posts: 35 Arc User
    I've been wanting a sonic scream power for a while now! I'm looking forward to it.
    edited March 2016

if that absorb heat thing only has a 25ft range, that's even more useless than it looked at first glance...bad enough it requires an active clinging flames to actually DO anything when it's hard to tell if an enemy even has one active, but a range that low just flat-out kills it

i'll just stick with conviction, thanks - at least that only needs energy​​

I'm not so sold on it's "uselessness". I am actually hoping for this to be a replacement for Conviction on my fire user. I am glad that we are seeming more thematic self heals.

Remember that Fiery Form can apply clingling flames to attackers.

I just hope that the Fire Powerset, (in light of this ability) will have increased chances everywhere to apply clinging flames and fast.

The only downsides I see to this power as it exists on PTS are:

1) It's animation could be much better (Remember the beauty that was/is Gravity Driver/ Endbringer's Grasp?)

&

2) It is at a range which puts conventional Fire Power set users at a major disadvantage, since typically if you're range...you stay ranged if you can.

Basically Absorb Heat, whilst being a great addition in terms of self healing powers...is balanced towards The Rocker AT which is clearly not ranged, so this needs to be rectified by making it (Absorb Heat) 50ft.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    About the clinging flames stuff that is now added to HW. The synergies with annihilate that adds 30% base damage sounds good on paper. But in practice that means you lose out on the normal 20% from ranking so you'll only add 1.3/1.2=1.08 so 8% higher damage per annihilate hit (way to low for a set that does about 20% lower dps than the better melee sets).

Also, since you now need clinging flames for annihilate, having a 30% chance on Eruption, or having to use the slowest combo attack in the game is not really something you can build a competitive set on in my opinion. With a 30% chance on an attack with about a 5 seconds cooldown, you will never be able to keep clinging flames up, or apply it at an acceptable speed during a bossfight.
    That leaves Cleave as the in set clinging flames source. But since the only attack on Cleave that does any significant damage is now a tiny AoE, and its damage is not very competitive as a single target attack, appart from that clinging flames source cleave is not very useful. But as a clinging flames source its not very useful either, taking >2.5 seconds to apply clinging flames takes much to long, considering the low single target damage on cleave and the only 8 seconds duration on clinging flames.

In my opinion things need to be reevaluated, a slow attack like cleave doesn't work well to apply any debuffs or status effects for synergies. The only way I can see the clinging flames synergies work is when there is an attack that can apply it fast and with a 100% chance. Eruption could be used for that if the clinging flames change on the adv is improved to 100%.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aiqa said:

About the clinging flames stuff that is now added to HW. The synergies with annihilate that adds 30% base damage sounds good on paper. But in practice that means you lose out on the normal 20% from ranking so you'll only add 1.3/1.2=1.08 so 8% higher damage per annihilate hit (way to low for a set that does about 20% lower dps than the better melee sets).

I'm pretty sure the rank damage increase is a base damage increase, while the advantage damage increase is not, so because of diminishing returns the 30% advantage is probably *less* than R3 for all practical purposes.

Heck, even with no DR, base damage increase means all your other % increases are multiplying it, not adding to it. It's still probably more in the imaginary world where we have no DR.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I'm pretty sure the rank damage increase is a base damage increase, while the advantage damage increase is not, so because of diminishing returns the 30% advantage is probably *less* than R3 for all practical purposes.

It's usually in the severity layer, which usually means +30% is more than ranking up, but not by much.
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer

Contact and cut-scene are scheduled for audio, just not in yet.
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    aiqa said:

It would also be nice if the headlights worked.

Lights have been turned on; should be in the next PTS build.
    BUG: Chest Beam debuff magnitude does not increase with rank.

This is a bug that made it to live (from 2 patches back) but it's still broken on pts.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Void Subjective Feedback:

The void is greatly improved overall. Grasping Shadows and Soul Vortex can both Crit heal. But Soul Vortex is the better group control power. The choice between AoED or Shadow Form allows for the void to built as either a support or dps. CON and Presence make for great survival. Ego provides awesome damage. Overall, the void is now as good of a support choice as a mind. It can't rez other players, but since direct healing isn't it's primary function -- that's probably fine.

Overall a great improvement! I'm very happy to see AT's get so much attention these past few weeks. Please keep it coming.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    Might Framework
    New Power: Hyper Voice
    Cone Sonic based attack that disorients foes.
    lmao thats awesome!
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    edited March 2016
    Bug: various qliphothic horror knocks don't apply resistance. Same for elder worms.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Soul Vortex R3 lowers Chance to be feared from R2's 35% to 15%.

I am actually loving all of these changes. Literally. I can now make my Healing Tank hybrid use Cleave that is great for agro and it plays off of a new team heal power that plays on it? Yes.

Cleave does not apply more than one stack of Clinging Flames.

Please make the Great power advantage on Cleave cost only 1 point. 30 Offense doesn't justify a whole rank's worth of damage lost even if it is to increase the damage of your other powers.

Please make Scorching Blade on Annihilate cost 1 adv point. Base damage from R3 is just as effective while not being limited to conditions, making this adv worthless. The same goes for the "Tiger's Courage" adv on Dragon's Wrath, "Close the Gap" on Two Gun Mojo, "Drake's Deliverance" on Rend and Tear, etc. These advantages need to actually be better than R3 or cheap enough to get on top of R3.

Increase Soul Vortex's Repel To effectiveness. Its damage may also need an increase as its poor even compared to other tap activate powers that linger.​​
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I like the name "Hyper Voice", so its fine.
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    Why is Heavy Weapons getting so tied to fire? Seems like it'd be annoying for people doing a storm-god build, if nothing else.

-Ogre

Why is Heavy Weapons getting so tied to fire? Seems like it'd be annoying for people doing a storm-god build, if nothing else.

I was wondering that too. I don't really get the connection. It'd be nice if the fire stuff was all made optional, via advantages, and the set got some lightning and ice themed advantages as well. Unlikely tho.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

We need more heals like Absorb Heat... heals that can't just be slapped onto any build.

AGREED!!!!
    edited March 2016
    More on the direction of Heavy Weapons, the issue I'm seeing here is that how Earth Form can no longer be used well with these power changes since they are split between Fire and Crushing damage. But those using Defiance and Enrage with it won't be effected so that end is alright. Fire Form melee seems to be an appealing way to go with these changes.

Absorb Heat can be slapped into a build as long as you have something that applies Clinging Flames reliably. Then it becomes the next Conviction, only better.

As for the event, the meeting feels awkward on those stairs. It would look better cinematically with them level with the book shelves. Also could the timing between dialogue be paced better so there is time to read? Though I guess this will be fixed when the voice acting is inserted.​​
    So, comparing hyper voice to wind breath:

Hyper Voice: cost 8.2/8.2, time 0.67/0.5 (3s max), damage 117 sonic, repel, 20% disorient, 60 degree cone, self-root, tier 2
    Wind Breath: cost 8.2/7.1, time 0.56/0.5 (5s max), damage 59 crush+59 cold, repel, 10% disorient, 45 degree cone, tier 1

Most of the time, wind breath will be better on a might build (even half crush is more synergy than you tend to have), and it's not like any of the 'breath' attacks are all that good anyway. Also, a tier 2 power should be a bit different, maybe higher cost or something else exotic?
    edited March 2016

Absorb Heat can be slapped into a build as long as you have something that applies Clinging Flames reliably. Then it becomes the next Conviction, only better.

Which is why it will never be the next conviction. Conviction can be added to any build without requiring another power - if you do so with Absorb Heat, then grats you have a low damage aoe that does nothing else; have fun with that. Like you yourself said, it can be slapped into any build >so long as that build meets a requirement<. You yourself stated why it can't be like Conviction in the very sentence where you claimed it could.

There will be three kinds of people:

- people who will add Flashfire or Advantaged Fire Breath to every build to have this heal
    - people who will only use this heal if the fire power fits the character/build theme of the character
    - people who call Absorb Heat useless because it requires them to sacrifice an "optimal" power and will stick with just Conviction and/or Bionic Shielding.

I get the feeling the third group will have more people in it than the first by a healthy margin, considering both groups are borne of the same kind of player, but the mindset of that player would more naturally lead them to the third conclusion. That's why thematic heals that are tied to set mechanics like this are good - because they'll never be the next conviction.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aiqa said:

Also, since you now need clinging flames for annihilate, having a 30% chance on Eruption, or having to use the slowest combo attack in the game is not really something you can build a competitive set on in my opinion. With a 30% chance on an attack with about a 5 seconds cooldown, you will never be able to keep clinging flames up, or apply it at an acceptable speed during a bossfight.
    That leaves Cleave as the in set clinging flames source. But since the only attack on Cleave that does any significant damage is now a tiny AoE, and its damage is not very competitive as a single target attack, appart from that clinging flames source cleave is not very useful. But as a clinging flames source its not very useful either, taking >2.5 seconds to apply clinging flames takes much to long, considering the low single target damage on cleave and the only 8 seconds duration on clinging flames.

In my opinion things need to be reevaluated, a slow attack like cleave doesn't work well to apply any debuffs or status effects for synergies. The only way I can see the clinging flames synergies work is when there is an attack that can apply it fast and with a 100% chance. Eruption could be used for that if the clinging flames change on the adv is improved to 100%.

Hmm.. how is the dps faring w/ Skewer instead of Annihilate now?

And lol, must realized we have Rupture builds possible w/ Skewer now. Well.. that'll do, though its a hit to theme if ur trying to stay HW.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited March 2016

Void Subjective Feedback:

The void is greatly improved overall. Grasping Shadows and Soul Vortex can both Crit heal. .

Telepathy's Dependency, last I checked it, it was UNABLE to critically heal, yet the Darkness version can? Lol.

I assume this is either a bug, or intended for Darkness or it's the case that Darkness has a bettèr form of the same effect?

So, comparing hyper voice to wind breath:

Hyper Voice: cost 8.2/8.2, time 0.67/0.5 (3s max), damage 117 sonic, repel, 20% disorient, 60 degree cone, self-root, tier 2
    Wind Breath: cost 8.2/7.1, time 0.56/0.5 (5s max), damage 59 crush+59 cold, repel, 10% disorient, 45 degree cone, tier 1

Most of the time, wind breath will be better on a might build (even half crush is more synergy than you tend to have), and it's not like any of the 'breath' attacks are all that good anyway. Also, a tier 2 power should be a bit different, maybe higher cost or something else exotic?

Perhaps it should get rid of the self rooting effect? Was something I didn't like about Hyper Voice. Also higher energy cost would require more/increased damage, depending on the cost increase.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    Maybe it's just me but Hyper Voice seems misplaced in the Might tree. The moment I heard the sound it makes it made me think of a Banshee. There is nothing "Mighty" about the power.

I suggest to move it to Darkness, change the damage type to dimensional and call it Soul Scream. This power sounds kinda creepy and would make for a great one to apply Fear (makes sense IMO). It just does not fit Might in any shape or form because of the sound it makes (unless you make a bird character but even then...).
    People should get together with three level 10 archetypes in a team to take on the new groups of mobs as the news on the site suggests it is. See how players will fare with the more recently changed ATs.​​
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

Contact and cut-scene are scheduled for audio, just not in yet.
    Yay!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Maybe there should be a new toggle/form that takes adv of clinging flames. Like how AotB gets enrage with bleeds. It could scale with Str and/or Rec, which ever is higher.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    BUGS
    • Fire Snake's resistance debuffs (both Fire and Elemental) are performing at the wrong values. (reported in-game; likely a misplaced decimal)
    • Holy Water's Challenging Strikes can hit allies. Confirmed with a testing buddy that the Challenging Strikes reduce allies' damage.
    • Holy Water is automatically unlocked, rather than requiring a vendor purchase.
    • Holy Water's color cannot be changed with color tinting.
    • Holy Water's Heavenly Mana advantage lacks an in-game description.
    • Soul Vortex's central vortex does not change color with color tinting.
    • Rank 2 Soul Vortex displays its Fear chance as 35%. Ranks 1 and 3 display the value as 15%.
    • When mousing over the Ebon Ruin icon in the power tray, the tooltip displays different rates of summoning the Shadow, compared to the description in the Powers window. (Tray Mouseover... Rank1=13-41% ; Rank2=20-61% ; Rank3=30-92%) (Powers Descripition... Rank1=13-50% ; Rank2=20-75% ; Rank3=30-100%)
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    BUG (???)
    • Absorb Heat's heal value does not increase with additional ranks. If this is intended, then...
    SUGGESTION
    • Since increasing Absorb Heat's damage is a trivial bonus, perhaps its radius could increase when ranked up.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Nightmare Colossus Boss Fight"

So, you paid $20 to random people on the street to do this boss fight, right? And they figured out how the mechanics work without you having to tell them, right?

"New Archetype: The Rocker"

So, this is basically The Devastator with a tank passive? Oh and Hyper Voice.

I'm going to assume that this AT is str / con / end in some order. I hope it's not end pss. That would just be mean. Probably Protector and Warden, too. Just like every single other tank AT.

Arc of Ruin VS Hyper Voice: Hyper Voice seems to have no synergy with anything in this build. At all. Arc of Ruin has a debuff to damage this AT will actually do. Hyper Voice is just kinda there. For reasons. Last I checked, more damage was still the best way to hold and keep aggro on a tank. So, Debuff for damage AT actually uses >>>>> Random, new power for funsies.

Aggressor VS Brimstone: An active offense OR a third AoE. Yeah, terrible choice.

Resurgence VS Vicious Descent: A fabulous "oh ****" heal on a tank to stay alive or a lunge. Another terrible choice.

Aggressor VS Resurgence would be a better choice, but aggressor would probably still loose to Resurgence most of the time. Vicious Descent VS Brimstone would be a lunge VS a third aoe with utility another power can already do. I mean, it's not like there isn't a whole set of powers that have rocks for your rocker themed AT. Hell, reskin shockwave to use a big **** sword + angry over head slam animation and do fire / crushing damage. Who wouldn't want to use a guitar skin with that?

When people make FF toons, do they generally wait until level 25 for their energy unlock? Because I suspect if someone actually wants to level with a build, they put all of the core powers at the beginning. Stuff like healing too. It'd be really super if ATs would stop having awful power order and were actually made pleasant to level. A heal is far more important than a block replacer in basic survival. It's also more important than a second aoe power or debuffs.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • arclightearclighte Posts: 43 Arc User
    Hyper Voice is cool and I'm glad it's in the game, but I would like if the VFX better represented the cone's actual range. It looks like a single target attack as is.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Now that im looking at it more carefully, the Heavy Weapon changes are Questionable

Does the base Damage of HW will ever get buffed? (same goes with Earth)
    what if we DON'T want to use FIRE Mechanics in our HW builds?

We have TOO MANY Crushing Damage Debuffs now! :| This kills synergies and divercity​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • zer0x0nezer0x0ne Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kallethen said:

It did provide a big damage boost to any build that relied on elemental damage (not just fire). Not surprised this got adjusted.
    ​​

That was sort of the whole point of the power. You had to rank it up to provide a decent debuff, though. Now there's just no point in ranking it up at all.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Anyway, I agree that Hyper Voice should be different/better considering tier and energy cost. Maybe a stun on maximum maintain? How about a knockdown on maximum maintain? That would do well with Might, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    I am really liking the new costume parts, vehicles, and auras. There are several of my characters who would fit getting involved in this event thematically and would benefit from the goodies...However I'd like to voice my concern about the coin drop rate for the missions. It really needs to be higher.

I'm a full time working parent. At best I might get an hour or two in the evenings after dinner (and that's if I'm cheating myself of some sleep for the next day) and a few hours on the weekends. I don't have time to grind endlessly for these goodies...I just don't want to be faced with 'participate in the event, spend all my in game time grinding, and still might not make enough to get the things I want by the end'.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Having slept about the HW stuff, I think the adv on Annihilate should be changed to proc of disorient. Disorient is much better tied into the set than clinging flames. This would only require a fully charged Arc Of Ruin every 10 seconds or so, which would also be much more in line with the setup other sets require.

I doubt that would really bring things up to par just yet, but it would be a much better starting position.

aiqa said:

Heck, even with no DR, base damage increase means all your other % increases are multiplying it, not adding to it. It's still probably more in the imaginary world where we have no DR.
    The adv explicitly states it's a 30% base damage bonus.
    flowcyto said:

aiqa said:

Hmm.. how is the dps faring w/ Skewer instead of Annihilate now?

And lol, must realized we have Rupture builds possible w/ Skewer now. Well.. that'll do, though its a hit to theme if ur trying to stay HW.
    Skewer to me is less interesting since I use an axe on my HW build. I'll give it a try if I have some time, but I'm probably away from CO this weekend. I agree skewer seems a very good reapers embrace setup now, and there are some weapons that share the model on HW and MA single blades, so that could work for certain themes.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Hmm... I just realize the HW weapons changes might strongly impact the Devastator AT. The Devestator strongly relies on enrage stacks and unstoppable. The DPS is still quite good. I was worried the new mechanics would nerf the AT.

Here is my big concern. The Rocker (despite some flaws pointed out) is a much better choice w/almost the exact same theme. This is another Fist/Master type dichotomy. Also, with clinging flames becoming more prominent in HW -- the Devastator just plains loses out. There's no reason to purchase it over the Rocker.

I think the clinging flames changes need to be mostly reverted. You only need that on a few powers to take advantage of thermal reverb and heat absorb. Brimstone and Eruption can pretty much take care of all Clinging Flames needs.

HW builds without all the fire should still be an option.Which would maybe put some distinction between the two AT's.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    If you were going to associate any element with the HW and Rocker ATs I think electricity would have made a better theme (*electric guitar and everything*).
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    I agree with the sentiment that most 'clinging flames' and fire elements in HW should be optional. It's practically a joke that Cleave has a chance to proc Clinging Flames. Very random change. That's not really 'Cleave' anymore.

Better yet, make new names and create 'new' powers that are mostly copies/reskins of the powers you're changing. More options = better. Plus you can be creative and cool with the new names and fit them a bit more into the theme of the AT. Plus you can actually change up the powers more instead of streeeeetching things.

Making/converting into more 1 point ADVs is another option...
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Cleave applies Clinging flames. Why does the ability to hit more than one target cause fire damage?
    Vicious Decent applies flame damage. Why does leaping at a target cause fire damage?

1. friction
    2. the targets had flammable objects on them which got broken and caught fire.
    3. weapon head has flammable substance on it adn you have to wave it in the wind a lot to get it to burn
    4. because.
    considering where the siphons, portals ,unstable portals and random mobs for the event are in Westside.I can see a LOT of low level characters being scared off. Either through repeat deaths or simply being unable to do basic missions to get to level 10.
    One of the worm siphons is in the area you collect damaged weapons.
    A lot are around the docks.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.