test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super Tiny Characters

Recently I've seen some people with characters that are extremely tiny. Much smaller than the Super-Shrinker alone can make you. I understand that there is some trick with using the Miniaturization Drive and Strafing Run or somehow stacking Super-Shrinkers so that they all apply until you are literally almost too small to see. I just haven't quite been able to figure out how to do it. The MD/Strafing run trick does double down on the shrinky goodness, but it wears off in seconds. I've tried combing through the forums, and looking on google, and while I've found plenty of descriptions on how to grow ridiculously large (seriously, I saw some guy towering over the Ravenswood Academy buildings the other day...very cool), I have not found the steps to achieve supreme smallness.

My character Particle Penny would love to be able to actually be extra-super-tiny. Any of her fellow miniaturized heroes want to clue me in on how to make her dreams come true?

Comments

• andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    I second that request.
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    I think I got it figured out thanks to some help from a friend.

Temporary Double Tiny:
    Shrinker and Supershrinker. Trigger both, change map instance. When you enter the new map instance type /movementreset and then turn the regular shrinker off (so it's clock stops ticking). If timed right you should have a double 'stacked' shrink effect making you smaller than just the Supershrinker alone will do. This is temporary because the Shrinker has that 15 min time limit and then it's gone.

Lasting Double Tiny:
    This requires that you have the miniaturization drive and strafing run (and don't mind your initial shrinking coming in a burst of fire and destruction). Trigger your Supershrinker. Change map instance. Now here is the tricky part because it has to be timed correctly. I suggest going ahead and typing /movementreset into your chat box but don't hit enter yet, just have it ready and waiting. Hit the miniaturization drive, then strafing run. A glitch should cause it to shrink you. Now, as soon as you trigger the power, hit enter to send the /movementreset command. If it is timed correctly then when the MD+SR timer runs out you will still remain double-shrunk.

Triple-Micro-Tiny: Only pulled this off once. You essentially combine these two... Do trigger both Super and regular Shrinker, then when you hit the new instance do the MD+SR and /movementreset. If done and timed properly you should get essentially a triple stacked shrinking effect that makes your toon almost too small to see. Remember to turn off your regular timed Shrinker so it's clock doesn't keep ticking down. I burned through one of those pretty fast working out the timing.

Note: While double or triple shrunk, you cannot do certain things or it disables the effect for some reason. You can't do any of the animated emotes. Typing a lengthy emote is fine (for example '/e walks into the room and takes a moment to suss out the crowd." will work fine, but "/e wave" will trigger the animation and deactivate your shrinking.

Also, targeting people will disable it too, as soon as you untarget the person. So, sadly, no people watching to read bios.

It takes some practice to get the timing down on this, so don't get discouraged if you don't get it right off the bat. Also, /movementreset has a 5 minute cooldown per map instance, so if you get the timing off you are going to have to wait a while before you can try again.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Strafing run + Mindrive working that way is considered a bug. A mostly ignored one.. but still a bug. Because it actually applies a damage debuff to you. This stems form the day when certain powers in the tech tree (including strafing run) used to damage the caster.

More than likely it will eventually be fixed.. since it's not working as intended. If you are doing it.. I wouldn't draw attention to it... as that will only increase the chance it' gets fixed. Same goes with the super shrink stacking.. not WAI and a bug.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    True enough I suppose. But then they are talking about looking at some of the bugs that are frequently used for RP or character flair (not game breaking advantage) and seeing about viable ways to actually work them into the game as a legit option. Like the whole invisible limbs glitch some costume pieces give you. Since those are kinda popular to use the devs said they were looking into an actual 'limbless' set up to put in the costume creator.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

True enough I suppose. But then they are talking about looking at some of the bugs that are frequently used for RP or character flair (not game breaking advantage) and seeing about viable ways to actually work them into the game as a legit option. Like the whole invisible limbs glitch some costume pieces give you. Since those are kinda popular to use the devs said they were looking into an actual 'limbless' set up to put in the costume creator.

Oh here's hoping. But considering that "super giant" combat builds were nerfed by the cool-down fixes, I'm not holding my breath. I'm still a little sad my giant size guy got hit with the nerfing bat!!!

But having a supported non-buggy way to super-shrink would be very cool. Maybe we'll get an "ultimate combat shrinker" or something.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!