test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with my now nerfed build

so I've been using this build for my gun toon for a while now, and now that cryptic have decided to switch up the powers, my toon is now nerfed, any idea how i can modernize it so it still as close as i can get to the original?

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Dexterity
Level 10: Exceptional Intelligence
Level 15: Exceptional Constitution

Powers:
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Two Gun Mojo -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 5: Swinging -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 5: Bullet Beatdown -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 8: Breakaway Shot -- Rank 2
Level 11: Quarry -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 14: Molecular Self Assembly
Level 17: Concentration
Level 20: Bountiful Chi Resurgence -- Resurgent Reiki, Rank 2
Level 23: Masterful Dodge
Level 26: Lead Tempest -- Tread Softly, Rank 2
Level 29: Bionic Shielding -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 32: Lock and Load -- Rank 2
Level 35: Evasive Maneuvers -- Rank 2
Level 35: Athletics -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 38: Ego Surge -- Nimble Mind

Talents:
Level 1: The Soldier
Level 6: Acrobat
Level 9: Coordinated
Level 12: Healthy Mind
Level 15: Ascetic
Level 18: Academics
Level 21: Wordly

Specializations:

Dexterity - Gear Utilization (3), Brush it Off (2), Expose Weakness (2), Deadly Aim (3)
Vindicator - Merciless (3), Aggressive Stance (2), Rush of Battle (3), Modified Gear (2)
Guardian - Fortified Gear (3), Ruthless (2), Locus (2), The Best Defense (3)
Dexterity Mastery (1)

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Do you want to still use TGM as ur build's center-piece? Or are you fine settling for Burst Shot as ur main power?

Cause if ya want the former, ya gotta get more energy stats and/or cost discount now- at the cost of some dps-related stats.. but it'd be worth it to not have to end build much (or hopefully at all).

One possible template here, trying to keep TGM as the focus- the blank 2nd power slot is for Burst Shot w/ its Furious-granting adv:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Void
    Level 6: Ascetic
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves
    Level 12: Daredevil
    Level 15: Quick Recovery
    Level 18: Wordly
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina

Powers:
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1:
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Killer Instinct
    Level 11: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 17: Bullet Beatdown (Rank 2, Not Without Incident)
    Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge
    Level 26: Lead Tempest (Rank 2, Tread Softly)
    Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Last 2 power slots can be w/e. Gear for lotsa Ego and some End + Rec here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    thebrownowlthebrownowl Posts: 26 Arc User
    i was mainly using a rotation of tgm and lead tempest to defeat mobs as i tend to solo more than group, but I'm open to ideas
  • Options
    Well, the new TGM takes muuuch more energy, so the difference between using it and not using it at all can be pretty stark in terms of how the rest of the build goes. The dmg can actually get pretty close to what TGM used to do, as long as ur adding in Burst Shot and can get a grip on its energy cost.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    only problem i has is I'm geared for dex, con, int and most changes ive seen means i need to majorly farm new gear to make the build work now
  • Options
    Well, Burst Shot can work as the main attack instead. Won't be nearly as good ST dps, but much easier on the energy. I hope they allow it to be charged or maintained somehow, though. Building up Conc w/ it would be annoying against melee mobs.

Otherwise, if ur using Quarry and MSA w/ Dex PSS, ya just have to keep MSA rolling, and gear Int out the wazoo. Prob should still add the some Rec/End in there as well. It may still be workable w/o going an Ego + KI route, and/or using something like AoPM, CoAP, or Dark Transfusion.

Another option for TGM is to take Overdrive and gear heavier for End and Rec.

Either way, ya can't focus on dps stats w/ Con SS, ignore most energy stats, and still afford TGM now; something's gotta give there.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Otherwise, if ur using Quarry and MSA w/ Dex PSS, ya just have to keep MSA rolling, and gear Int out the wazoo.

I've been decently successful with around 600 int (using Holdout Shot as an MSA proc), but it's certainly not easy.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    I will echo Panta's sentiment.

The whole Ego/Con/End thing is fine but also appears to be the cookie cutter shift for this change(if that bothers you or not). Ok, so you're bread and butter is 2GM and LT(which are both AE now since 2GM is Cylinder because...uhm....reasons). 1st thing I notice is you might want to drop Bullet Ballet. IMO, that's a different toon(which can now use pistol whip for more melee goodness). BCR/RR is, IMO, cute. Sadly, it doesn't stand up vs. Conviction which is also very good for MSA fuel. Breakaway Shot would like better serve you as Holdout Shot and can be advantaged with Stim Pack for more healing fuel. IMO, Holdout Shot + Conviction means you may find you no longer need Bionic shielding.

Sadly, this change got a little but lost in the woods from a simple nerf in that it gained what I would, personally, consider "off" additions which caused balancing to raise the cost of the power to more than I believe it would have been otherwise. This does not promote any kind of build diversity and will, from my testing, prove more difficult and resource intensive if you do not fall into the Ego/Con/End bandwagon. Int use is possible but...you're gonna need more of it than is likely useful for anything except Form/EU Fuel. The main key here, IMO, is how you approach it. There are plenty of videos which will show that it's possible to run 2gm by itself or with maybe 1-2 other powers. If you run a heavier rotation then it's going to require much much more time and work on PTS to iron out what works best for you.

Another thing to consider is switching out some of the Utility Cores for maybe Gamblers to get some Cost Reduction. Just try not to go over 300 so, again, use PTS to see what amounts of things give actual noticable results.

Good Luck.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options

flowcyto said:

Otherwise, if ur using Quarry and MSA w/ Dex PSS, ya just have to keep MSA rolling, and gear Int out the wazoo.

I've been decently successful with around 600 int (using Holdout Shot as an MSA proc), but it's certainly not easy.
    Yeah I just tried a toon using INT/Con/End and Quarry, w/ like 440 Int (pre-Audacity), 150 End, 35 Rec, and +219 cost discount on gear, and it did okay using just Holdout as the MSA trigger. Although.. every couple of channels I sneaked in a quick EB shot, and ofc breaking up every ~2 channels w/ Holdout and Burst Shot for the debuff.

It seems like that and the high-Ego + TComp + KI + some End/Rec routes are good setups for supporting TGM w/o ditching Con SS or resorting to stuff like AoPM, CoAP, or DT.

I gotta say, Burst Shot has made AR quite good now. Like, if ur not beholden to Pistols too much but are fine w/ general Muni, then AR w/ MED and 15% from Burst Shot is great ST dps and still rather cheap. Have to get in 50ft for Burst Shot but otherwise ya can pretty much go all-out Con and dps stats.
  • Options
    Gave the load out a try last night, and despite my low ego/end gear it holds out quite well in survivability and mob take down ability, I'll probably farm heirloom gear before I give it a complete run down through on PvE alerts and unity missions, but over all it holds up to my old build quite well, thanks