test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Champions PNP Villain Would You Like to See In CO Next?

I haven't' touched Champions PNP since the late 80's. But that game had some awesome villains... many of the names escape me (hello aging..) but I'm curious what PNP villain would any of you like to see make an in-game appearance?
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Many of those classic villains are still around in the official setting, although some of them have been tweaked a mite. But lots of new ones have been added in the years since you last touched Champions. ;)

We've had discussions like this on the forums before. Paying appropriate deference to the classics, I would vote for Eurostar, still considered one of the toughest and nastiest supervillain teams in the world. Particularly since folks hereabouts have had their fill of magic-based villains for a while, and there's nary a one of those in Eurostar.

These guys are major-league terrorists, lending themselves to politically-tinged crises. As their leader Fiacho has declared, "Eurostar doesn't rob banks. We wreck economies." Although based in Europe, Fiacho hates America for its economic and cultural "imperialism" toward Europe. So it's easy enough to justify them crossing the Atlantic.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    Borealis and Eurostar.
    Typical comic-y supervillains.
    Kinematik could be nice, but CO is more light-hearted in tone so the guy may not mix-in well, considering that he also needs IHA and their bigotry to have reasons for doing things.​​
    edited February 2016
    Kinematik is kind of the Champs U analogue to Magneto -- a fervent mutant supremacist. He used to be a superhero on a parallel Earth (which almost no one knows), until that world became rabidly anti-mutant. He led but lost a war to protect mutantkind from oppression by "normals." Fleeing to Champs Earth, he's determined not to let the same thing happen on his new world.

Kinematik's code-name derives from his ability to absorb and redirect kinetic energy. He's been very public in proclaiming his cause and views, and has a small number of mutant followers and is constantly trying to recruit more. He's cooperated with other major mutant supervillains, such as Gravitar and Holocaust. The IHA considers him one of the premier mutant threats.

Kinematik and his followers are detailed in Champions Villains Vol. 1: Master Villains.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Eurostar could be fun. They're not robbing a bank - they're trying to destroy a bank headquarters building Downtown!

If we need another lighthearted villain, there's always the infamous Darkon, who can cause a blinding absence of darkness. (Light is merely the absence of dark, you see. His powers aren't "light-based" - they're based on his absorption and manipulation of darkons, the fundamental particles of darkness. And he wears a cardboard headdress. The tape shows.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Taipan.
    bad memories of Eurostar after 1 (non human) member of the group got a call from the egotist and said " Who are you? Are you supposed to be important?"​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I'd like to see an alert where all the Crowns of Crim appear. We already have Bloodstone, Eclipse and Phoenix. Since the game now has an Earth powerset, Tremor, Force and Dark Seraph could also appear. I haven't read any of the PnP materials but I take this from in game lore.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    jonsills said:

Eurostar could be fun. They're not robbing a bank - they're trying to destroy a bank headquarters building Downtown!

If we need another lighthearted villain, there's always the infamous Darkon, who can cause a blinding absence of darkness. (Light is merely the absence of dark, you see. His powers aren't "light-based" - they're based on his absorption and manipulation of darkons, the fundamental particles of darkness. And he wears a cardboard headdress. The tape shows.)

Darkon isn't part of the Champions IP purchased by Cryptic Studios. Someone else owns the rights to the character. But there are certainly other lighthearted or outright comical villains in the official roster, such as Bulldozer, Captain Chronos, El Salto, Professor Paradigm (and his Paradigm Pirates), Lash, Pulsar, Shrinker, the super-thieves of GRAB, or Zigzag.
    chaelk said:

Taipan.

bad memories of Eurostar after 1 (non human) member of the group got a call from the egotist and said " Who are you? Are you supposed to be important?"​​
    Lord yes, Taipan! The most feared super-assassin in the world. So dangerous he's confined under hot sleep in a prison in the Australian Outback built exclusively for him. It's past time he escaped and starting terrorizing superheroes again.

I'd like to see an alert where all the Crowns of Crim appear. We already have Bloodstone, Eclipse and Phoenix. Since the game now has an Earth powerset, Tremor, Force and Dark Seraph could also appear. I haven't read any of the PnP materials but I take this from in game lore.

"Tremor" is a reasonable translation of the Spanish name "Temblor" which that villain goes by. And the PnP and CO lore aligns here. The Crowns of Krim are another of the most feared villain teams, particularly Dark Seraph. But they're magical, and as I mentioned earlier, there seems to be magic-fatigue among the CO player base.

gradii said:

I want to see an invasion attempt by V'han blood moon style almost, with her minions occupying places in the city for open world battles. We could even have armies of her soldiers pouring out through rifts we have to close during the fights.

V'han herself would not appear, given that she's more of a mastermind, but we've yet to see any of her major Lieutenants in CO.

Many of V'han's Imperial Battalioneers (her cadre of "superheroes") named and described in Book Of The Empress are alternate versions of or analogues to other official villains, including ones who have already appeared in Champions Online. Reskinning those characters would probably be easier than creating entirely new ones.
    My only issue with invasion-style events is that they typically emphasize wading through waves of grunts before you get to the supervillain-class boss battle. IMHO we've had plenty of those scenarios in CO already. I'm playing a superhero, I want to fight supervillains. And the IP has hundreds of them.
  • commandocubcommandocub Posts: 18 Arc User
    C.L.O.W.N. around an April 1 update, just because there are way too many darkity-darks who could use a bit of levity.
    40s: Spellbinder, Golden Victory, Shadowclaw, Morningstar, Moonhuntress, Sanction, Starfall, Captain Thunder, Monolith, Anamnesis, Packmaster, Golden Scarab. And more to come!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I'd like to see Zodiak. Loved that sourcebook.

photo HER406_500.jpeg

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

C.L.O.W.N. around an April 1 update, just because there are way too many darkity-darks who could use a bit of levity.

CLOWN is one of those groups that have always divided the fan base. Some people love 'em, some hate 'em. There are those (prominently including Steve Long) who felt a whole BIG team of gag villains was overkill.

Although I had a few issues with its execution in the book, I loved the concept of the Zodiac as presented there. But I'm afraid you won't see them in Champions Online. ZC author Doug Shuler kept the rights to the group after the book was published, so CO can't use them.

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    For me, it would be Black Paladin. He's visually distinctive, plus we really don't have a signature HW villain.

Beyond that, EURoSTAR would make a great Rampage. as would the Crowns. I wouldn't mind Cateran as a single blade villain. Or the Skunk-Ape, though he's not so much of a villain, IIRC, but the swamps of Vibora are a unique environment.

And time travel and punching Nazis is an age old superhero tradition. And if you could throw in Haynesville, that'd be a bonus.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • smacking nazis around would be nice, but if they did that, we'd see a massive upsurge in captain america copies...no need to give idiots yet MORE reasons to violate trademark​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • almafetaalmafeta Posts: 8 Arc User
    The Black Dragon and Malais would be great - if only to have an adventure pack where the world suddenly becomes a fantasy landscape. That'd also be a way to work in some of the ideas from Champions In 3D.

Lady Blue. I do like the thief-with-their-own-morals trope, and I'd love to see her approach the heroes for help with an even greater threat.

smacking nazis around would be nice, but if they did that, we'd see a massive upsurge in captain america copies...no need to give idiots yet MORE reasons to violate trademark​​

These guys don't need reasons, they do it anyway.

I'd be up for time travelling nazi bashing!

photo tumblr_lo2zz5kFxl1qmzke2o1_500.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited February 2016
    Darren Watts (former Hero Games president) recently wrote that his long-in-development Golden Age Champions source book, for WW II Champions Universe, is very nearly ready for publication. He'll probably go to Kickstarter or other crowd funding soon. I'm hopeful we'll see it this year.

From all reports this will be a big book, full not only of Golden Age heroes and villains, but also plenty of historical source material to set games in the late 1930s and 1940s. Champions Online devs have a history of tapping new PnP books for scenario ideas; for example, Whiteout came out not long after Champions Beyond detailed the Roin'esh. So I believe there's reason to hope for time-traveling Nazi-bashing in the foreseeable future. B)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    i'd still rather they wrap up their hanging ORIGINAL storylines (like the roin'esh, gadroon, qularr, VIPER, qliphoth, etc.) before they add in something that's been done to death in hundreds of other games, books, movies, blablabla​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    You know, IMHO that's a really good point. Is there a winner yet in that Lemurian civil war? Just what's happened to DEMON now that Luther Black has been deep-sixed? Inquiring minds want to know! :o

But to seque from that point back to the topic of the thread: perhaps it's time that Dr. Timothy Blank, from the Project Stein CO mission arc, returned in his proper form from the PnP game, as King Cobra. Complete with his COIL organization and his supervillain elite, the Ouroboros.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

photo HER406_500.jpeg

Uhoh... that's giving me ideas for using the Bull head!

I like the idea of themed villains - the more comic booky the better.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just because I think a good super hero needs Nazis to punch, Baron Nihil should be brought into the game with his Storm Knights. Could update the knights to have more of a modern look to them to, but over all I think he would be an interesting Delta class threat.

cv1_1bn.jpg​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    There is also a modern-day Nazi powered armor villain called Panzer, written up in Champions Worldwide. He's based in Germany, but has contacts with neo-Nazi groups all over the world. He aspires to establish a Fourth Reich and succeed where Hitler failed. Like Baron Nihil he's also a skilled scientist and engineer. An alliance between these villains would seem natural, and could lead to all sorts of Nazi-bashing goodness.

Borealis and Eurostar.

Typical comic-y supervillains.

Kinematik could be nice, but CO is more light-hearted in tone so the guy may not mix-in well, considering that he also needs IHA and their bigotry to have reasons for doing things.​​

Personally... thats the story depth I think this game needs. We already do have the resistance arc, which is pretty gritty. I wouldn't mind the IHA as a story line ... with an anti supers group hunting down supers.
    Well, we all would like CO to evolve, with new content, new storylines, character development. Adding some of the suggested elements could lead to a deepening of the overall tone of the game. Lighthearted doesn't have to disappear, but it could become more change-of-pace rather than the rule, as it is in most ongoing comic series.
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Posts: 19 Arc User
    Terror Incorporated. Preferably as part of a new Dr Destroyer story arc. (the real Destroyer, not the Shadow imposter) This should also get things moving in a more Sci-Fi direction, away from all the magic and demons we've been getting so much of.
    edited June 2016
    Officially, Terror Inc. is defunct. Two of its founding members, Scorpia and Feurmacher, are now members of Eurostar, after murdering Prof. Muerte; and Giganto has joined South America's premier hero team, the Victory Brigade. (Details in Champions Universe.)

If Cryptic wanted to bring Muerte and Terror Inc. back for a story arc, I'm sure they could come up with a rationale for him being alive. A couple of revivals of the Professor have appeared in published books, including one by me (not as part of the official setting, though). He would need a new set of teammates, but Cryptic has shown they like creating new characters for the game.
  • gnikoodoov01gnikoodoov01 Posts: 2 Arc User
    C.L.O.W.N Nuff said
    edited January 2017
    I'd love Zodiac to make an appearance.

photo HER406_500_1.jpeg
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Eurostar? Really?? Has the company that runs the rail link between London and Paris not been in touch about that? I know their customer service is in need of improvement but calling them supervillains is a bit strong...

Who would you like to see in the game? No supervillains, as the developers haven't got a handle on those fights at all.
    As Champions Eurostar first appeared in print in 1982, and Eurostar rail service was founded in 1994, they should have considered the image issues before they took the name. ;) Not to mention that Champions Eurostar would probably consider their name usurpers prime candidates for an object lesson in respect.

Whether the developers "have a handle on" supervillains in the game is subject to debate; but that doesn't mean we can't want to see them.

Eurostar? Really?? Has the company that runs the rail link between London and Paris not been in touch about that? I know their customer service is in need of improvement but calling them supervillains is a bit strong....

Southern Railways are the real supervillains.

zrdRBy8.png
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    C.L.O.W.N Nuff said

Seconded.​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Bulldozer, just for the sheer ridiculous value as well as his 'special' dialogue for female heroes as well as might based heroes. Would be incredibly satisfying to see him in game and make him the new whipping boy of MC since Kevin Poe graduated out of that class a while ago.
    I'd like to see Borealis and his followers in "Destiny" become involved in doings in the Canada zone. As a fervent Canadian patriot, all the American villains and heroes, not to mention aliens, messing up Canada's north would surely draw his attention and ire.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User

I haven't' touched Champions PNP since the late 80's. But that game had some awesome villains... many of the names escape me (hello aging..) but I'm curious what PNP villain would any of you like to see make an in-game appearance?

C.riminal
    L.egion
    O.f
    W.acky
    N.on-Conformists

CLOWN

or Eurostar.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I have no idea what the current state of Champs villains is.

Truthfully, I don't much care what the PNP universe looks like now regarding who's dead or alive or working with who now; I played a long time ago and the PNP I know is the PNP I have to use as my frame of reference.

Oh, so-and-so's dead now? These guys no longer work together?
    Doesn't matter to me.

The question is "Who would I like to appear" so my answer won't change just because of what the modern PNP looks like.

1) Wyvern and Ankylosaur

2) The Ultimates (Which I know as Binder, Slick, Black Star, Charger, and Plasmoid)

3) Genocide/Minutemen

4) Project: Sunburst (Sunburst, Ray, and Radium at least. Of course, if they have been retconned to no longer having that common origin....)

Those are all characters that should be fairly easy to fit in to the game as it is.

5) Herculan is sitting in jail in Westside wasting away. I would like to see him escape with our heroes getting a mission to track him down.

6) I would like to see them finish the Crowns of Krim storyline.

I am suffering from "magic fatigue" as much as the next guy, but some of these guys are out there and others are hinted at.

They are established in the lore with roots extending way back, so yeah, go ahead and move that story forward.
    Just not until some of the other stuff gets put in.

=============

There are more. Hideous, Monster, Ogre, Beamline, Panda and Raccoon, AVAR-7, Thunder and Lightning, and many more could be brought in.

There is a lot of room for "real" super villains to be added.
    I think that they should pore over the villains that they do own, decide which ones are most visually distinct and otherwise most interesting, and build new stories around those villains.
    No, it won't happen over night, but why not spend some time developing the list? Not all of them can be first but they need to also not throw away those characters on lesser things.
    They make a big story dealing with Eurostar? Great, but that doesn't mean that they should throw the Ultimates away or use them as monor muscle in some other mission.

Other villains, ones that aren't really suitable for driving a major story, could be used as alert/custom alert/rampage villains or as hired muscle in missions involving some other organization.

Maybe Arrowhead could work with the Purple Gang, for example. He was a mob enforcer and the Purple Gang is as close to "the mob" as CO has, so why not?
    I think it's certainly an upgrade over fighting "Tommygun #47".

But also important is to make these characters' backgrounds available for view either in the game or in some database connected to these boards.

Because most of the villains to a great many players are nothing but what they see when they fight them.
    Some players might use alerts for all of their leveling and never even get what background is offered in missions.

It's hard to care about Hrodegeir the Unending or Cairngorn Stoneblood when there is no place readily available for the players to find out who they are.

It's like with us being able to write up a detailed background for our various nemeses, yet if anyone else tries to read that background in game during a nemcon or nemesis alert, they see nothing.

*Edit: I listed Slick as a member of the Ultimates twice but left out Plasmoid
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on

I have no idea what the current state of Champs villains is.

Truthfully, I don't much care what the PNP universe looks like now regarding who's dead or alive or working with who now; I played a long time ago and the PNP I know is the PNP I have to use as my frame of reference.

Oh, so-and-so's dead now? These guys no longer work together?
    Doesn't matter to me.

The question is "Who would I like to appear" so my answer won't change just because of what the modern PNP looks like.

Perfectly reasonable, especially since this thread is for suggestions which might or might not be implemented. But the biggest reason to care about what the PnP universe looks like now, is that these are the established characters and groups which are part of the Champions IP that Cryptic Studios bought, so it's what they have to work with. In some cases there are current characters practically the same as in previous incarnations of the setting, just with some changes to background, and occasionally name and/or appearance. Others are listed as dead, retired etc. because the PnP publishers didn't want to use them, but CO still owns them and could bring them back. But quite a few of those older characters are owned by their creators, who had essentially lent them to Hero Games to appear in specific products; so Cryptic can't use them even if they want to.

1) Wyvern and Ankylosaur

2) The Ultimates (Which I know as Binder, Slick, Black Star, Charger, and Slick)

3) Genocide/Minutemen

4) Project: Sunburst (Sunburst, Ray, and Radium at least. Of course, if they have been retconned to no longer having that common origin....)

Those are all characters that should be fairly easy to fit in to the game as it is.

Ankylosaur is official (even had Champions Online art done for him early in CO's history), while Wyvern hasn't been mentioned yet. Binder, Slick, and Blackstar are still Ultimates, but two new team members have replaced Charger and Plasmoid. Genocide has been replaced as the "mutant-hating" group by the Institute for Human Advancement, but they still have Minuteman robots. Project Sunburst includes Sunburst and Radium, but three new mutates with the same origin are part of that team in lieu of Ray.

5) Herculan is sitting in jail in Westside wasting away. I would like to see him escape with our heroes getting a mission to track him down.

6) I would like to see them finish the Crowns of Krim storyline.

I am suffering from "magic fatigue" as much as the next guy, but some of these guys are out there and others are hinted at.

They are established in the lore with roots extending way back, so yeah, go ahead and move that story forward.
    Just not until some of the other stuff gets put in.

I missed Herculan being in CO. In PnP he looked to be trying to reform. Recidivism sucks. :/

Yup, we already have a few Crowns of Krim in the MMO, so bringing in the rest would be reasonable. They're magic-based, true, but at least they're a genuine supervillain team.

There are more. Hideous, Monster, Ogre, Beamline, Panda and Raccoon, AVAR-7, Thunder and Lightning, and many more could be brought in.

The Monster and Ogre are official in the setting, and nearly unchanged. Hideous was replaced by Grotesk, very similar but with a different origin. AVAR-7 has been revised with a Gadroon origin, but is now a flunky of Mechanon. At least some of the others are probably no longer part of the IP.

There is a lot of room for "real" super villains to be added.
    I think that they should pore over the villains that they do own, decide which ones are most visually distinct and otherwise most interesting, and build new stories around those villains.
    No, it won't happen over night, but why not spend some time developing the list? Not all of them can be first but they need to also not throw away those characters on lesser things.
    They make a big story dealing with Eurostar? Great, but that doesn't mean that they should throw the Ultimates away or use them as monor muscle in some other mission.

Other villains, ones that aren't really suitable for driving a major story, could be used as alert/custom alert/rampage villains or as hired muscle in missions involving some other organization.

Absolutely no argument from me. The Champions Villains trilogy collecting the majority of current official villains in three categorized volumes (Master Villains/Villain Teams/Solo Villains) contains over three hundred villains, over a wide range of motivations and power levels, with full color artwork. I've never really understood Cryptic's reluctance to tap into all that.

But also important is to make these characters' backgrounds available for view either in the game or in some database connected to these boards.

Because most of the villains to a great many players are nothing but what they see when they fight them.
    Some players might use alerts for all of their leveling and never even get what background is offered in missions.

It's hard to care about Hrodegeir the Unending or Cairngorn Stoneblood when there is no place readily available for the players to find out who they are.

It's like with us being able to write up a detailed background for our various nemeses, yet if anyone else tries to read that background in game during a nemcon or nemesis alert, they see nothing.

I know that when the IP sale from Hero Games to Cryptic Studios went through, both companies visualized the other as a resource for their own games, i.e. the MMO would introduce players to these characters, and hopefully interest them in finding out more about the setting, extensively detailed in the PnP books which they would then be motivated to buy (hopefully). But I realize many CO players don't want to pay for the tabletop game books to learn about these characters.

Things like the Champions Online Wiki were intended to help address that desire, but even that limited resource is still pretty restricted.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    bulgarex said:

Perfectly reasonable, especially since this thread is for suggestions which might or might not be implemented. But the biggest reason to care about what the PnP universe looks like now, is that these are the established characters and groups which are part of the Champions IP that Cryptic Studios bought, so it's what they have to work with. In some cases there are current characters practically the same as in previous incarnations of the setting, just with some changes to background, and occasionally name and/or appearance. Others are listed as dead, retired etc. because the PnP publishers didn't want to use them, but CO still owns them and could bring them back. But quite a few of those older characters are owned by their creators, who had essentially lent them to Hero Games to appear in specific products; so Cryptic can't use them even if they want to.

I understand from a legality standpoint that they can only use who they can use.
    Mark Williams owned his Gargoyle character so they would have to get his permission to use it in their artwork, for example, and since he has passed (never mind the whole revamping of the Champions team over the years) I am sure that Gargoyle will never be a part of this game.

But if someone wanted that character to appear as a hero somewhere then they want them to appear. The legalities mean less to them than whatever memories/attachment they may have had to that character.
    bulgarex said:

I missed Herculan being in CO. In PnP he looked to be trying to reform. Recidivism sucks. :/

When you get the "Prison Break" mission, he's in the cell block where Green Dragon was being held if memory serves.
    He's in one of those cells along with Scalpel and another villain from the lore... A PSI-related character who's name escapes me right now.
    bulgarex said:

I know that when the IP sale from Hero Games to Cryptic Studios went through, both companies visualized the other as a resource for their own games, i.e. the MMO would introduce players to these characters, and hopefully interest them in finding out more about the setting, extensively detailed in the PnP books which they would then be motivated to buy (hopefully). But I realize many CO players don't want to pay for the tabletop game books to learn about these characters.

Things like the Champions Online Wiki were intended to help address that desire, but even that limited resource is still pretty restricted.

It's been a long time since I played Champions; Not since my time in the military.
    Still, I would like to have some of the more recent source books.

Two things, though:
    1) I like physical product. Not a fan of buying just a download.

2) I really do not have the money to buy something as expensive as these books can be, especially if I am not even playing the PnP game.

And it certainly doesn't help that so few of the villains are in the game in the first place, and those that are are often used in some minor role and forgotten.

In comics a hero/team will fight a number of the same villains over and over, dealing with various plots and schemes and what have you, but here the only time that really happens is with our various nemeses, but the nemesis system has been pretty much abandoned at this point.

I would love for the devs to make a wider variety of adventure packs/comic series available using some of these classic villain, and not just for one story.
    I would like to see so many different stories that we could fight Eurostar or the Ultimates five different ways.
    Even if it was a "plug and play" thing where we had a number of different stories where a super-villain team was doing something and then we could pick from between 3-5 different villain teams which would change the dialogue and possibly even add some slight changes to the missions themselves.

Sort of like the training room in the powerhouse only better.
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User

For me, it would be Black Paladin. He's visually distinctive, plus we really don't have a signature HW villain.

Beyond that, EURoSTAR would make a great Rampage. as would the Crowns. I wouldn't mind Cateran as a single blade villain. Or the Skunk-Ape, though he's not so much of a villain, IIRC, but the swamps of Vibora are a unique environment.

And time travel and punching Nazis is an age old superhero tradition. And if you could throw in Haynesville, that'd be a bonus.

No objections to any of that, as long as they bother to at least talk to someone who actually speaks German for names and so on for the Nazi time travel thing. I get that broken German and that silly accent are part of the charm and a tradition of comic books, but it still makes me cringe.
    edited February 2017
    bulgarex said:

Darren Watts (former Hero Games president) recently wrote that his long-in-development Golden Age Champions source book, for WW II Champions Universe, is very nearly ready for publication. He'll probably go to Kickstarter or other crowd funding soon. I'm hopeful we'll see it this year.

From all reports this will be a big book, full not only of Golden Age heroes and villains, but also plenty of historical source material to set games in the late 1930s and 1940s. Champions Online devs have a history of tapping new PnP books for scenario ideas; for example, Whiteout came out not long after Champions Beyond detailed the Roin'esh. So I believe there's reason to hope for time-traveling Nazi-bashing in the foreseeable future. B)

I can follow up this post with the info that GAC was funded and is being laid out right now. It should be available for purchase this spring. This is a passion project for author Darren Watts, who's been researching the subject for years. Based on Hero Games' track record with foreign names over this millennium, I'm pretty confident that German glitches will be minimal. However, I'm less confident for any translation of that material to Champions Online.
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

I can follow up this post with the info that GAC was funded and is being laid out right now. It should be available for purchase this spring. This is a passion project for author Darren Watts, who's been researching the subject for years. Based on Hero Games' track record with foreign names over this millennium, I'm pretty confident that German glitches will be minimal. However, I'm less confident for any translation of that material to Champions Online.

They refrained from giving Dr. Destroyer the accent, which was a very positive surprise for me, so I'm cautiously optimistic. :)
    bulgarex said:

bulgarex said:

A time travel Adventure Pack using the Portal in Harmon Labs would be very cool! Not holding my breath for that, but if I had my way, that would so happen! :D