test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perfect World's network issue that game staff is blaming on our ISPs.

Ok, so, we all know this is happening regularly, as in daily. Half our friends list gets disconnected and has major connection issues for minutes to hours at a time. Then, once they stabilize, the rest of us go spiraling down. And our friends wait for all of us to regain connection. Then we might get a few hours of playing together just fine, and boom, some of us suffer connection issues again. Not one player in the game is completely unaffected. We all know this, my question to the staff here is this: What is being done on your end to fix this issue. Or, are we all going to get copy and pasted emails telling us it's our ISP's fault each time we complain? It's garbage and you know it.

Comments

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    How do you know it's garbage? I had the cable company replace the cables in my apartment. It was the difference between disconnecting constantly and having an almost flawless connection. Since my area actually has competition in cable companies, they actually upgraded their equipment, which also helped. Not everyone is so fortunate. Most of my SNRs are from on demand patching and go away once the data gets loaded. There are plenty of other people that will tell you they have no connection issues either.

Lot of things can happen between here and there. It might actually be your isp, crap cables, or the aging US backbone. Even a DDoS attack to another MMO might hurt your connection.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    shilarshilar Posts: 48 Arc User
    sterga said:

How do you know it's garbage? I had the cable company replace the cables in my apartment. It was the difference between disconnecting constantly and having an almost flawless connection. Since my area actually has competition in cable companies, they actually upgraded their equipment, which also helped. Not everyone is so fortunate. Most of my SNRs are from on demand patching and go away once the data gets loaded. There are plenty of other people that will tell you they have no connection issues either.

Lot of things can happen between here and there. It might actually be your isp, crap cables, or the aging US backbone. Even a DDoS attack to another MMO might hurt your connection.

Also, high amount of players playing. I only experience lag/SNR/DCs during the times of prime people joining... basically December, October, etc. Crazy though... the EU servers work just fine, but the US servers are a pain, and I'm in the US. Cable's just fine, ISP is strong, etc. It's a middleman, like last time.
    Travel Power/Costume suggestions.

Example of Comet Flight: Here.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    sterga said:

Plus, for me personally, Champions and STO are the only games having issues. Everything else works just fine.