test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Water Powers (Again)

Water powers. DCUO is getting a water powerset. Aesthetically, with Wind and Ice, you're almost there. I mean come on devs, it's $CURRENT_YEAR.

Comments

• brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    My goo/slime character wants water powers. I'm faking it with ice right now, but legit liquid powers would be awesome.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    You know WIND is a nice Replacement, but I would prefer to have WATER for my WATER mage​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    I'm really surprised there are no water powers seems like all the mechanics are there all you should have to do tweak the visuals but then again i'm also surprised CO doesn't have a plant-based powerset either
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    There are ways to simulate water powers. I'd rather have plant control, and from what I hear in -game it's a popular choice
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Anyone have any cool ideas for the mechanics of a water based powerset? Since there are no existing water powers, it isn't like adding powers to an existing set where you try to play off the mechanics of the powers already available.

Water powers would need something different that makes them more unique that just "WATER FXs! SPPLSSH!"
  • well, one of the obvious things would be a electric damage resist debuff, since y'know...water+electricity=zappy fun​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • slayersilk666slayersilk666 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Plant control, water powers both would be great
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Anyone have any cool ideas for the mechanics of a water based powerset? Since there are no existing water powers, it isn't like adding powers to an existing set where you try to play off the mechanics of the powers already available.

Water powers would need something different that makes them more unique that just "WATER FXs! SPPLSSH!"

Like this suggestion thread?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    while trying to find the amount of devs on DCUO, I found this article about the layoffs in that studio and that PWE was trying to buy them.
    http://eq2wire.com/2015/02/12/opinion-on-daybreak-games-it-didnt-have-to-be-this-way/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_Game_Company​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

• holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Electricity, Ice, Wind and even Force all have some good anims that can be used for a water powerset. It shouldn't take too long to do it.
    On the other hand, Plant Control sounds a lot more original and may bring something really new in the actual powersets.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    And the setting has an official plant-based villain, called Thorn, who'd make the perfect vehicle to introduce plant powers.

Mind you, it also has a couple of water-elemental villains, so you're covered either way.
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

And the setting has an official plant-based villain, called Thorn, who'd make the perfect vehicle to introduce plant powers.

Mind you, it also has a couple of water-elemental villains, so you're covered either way.

Oooh, I sense a Plant Villain Rampage behind all that ;)
    WEEEEEeeeeD.
    and we're SMOKIN​​

chaelk wrote: »
    WEEEEEeeeeD.
    and we're SMOKIN

We found our Template for Plant-powered Hero
    True+still+not+as+good+as+snoop+dogg+s+smile+though+_4b730447080657b32a8bbb1657fe4da4.gif​​
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

well, one of the obvious things would be a electric damage resist debuff, since y'know...water+electricity=zappy fun​​

Also vulnerable to being chilled, Cold damage debuff as well, would work nicely as a supportive power set, slowing them down, debuffing and crushing them.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    Water- erosion. Wearing down of defences.
    Fresh water- heals, though Flash flood would be a aoe damage and knockdown.
    Salt water- erosion and knock backs, forwards, downs.​​

• raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Still waiting for a true Water powerset for Aquaria... Honestly rather tired of her TK/Force setup... and I'm starting to consider rebuilding her with Wind until we get a Water set.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png