test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    This looks really great. I noticed that my Clarance Bag is now a 24 slot bag, so some of the old rewards have been given an upgrade. Thumbs up, keep up the great work.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Those New rewards will make the event awesome again~!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Also, the main part of the event will run for three weeks!
    Nice.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Although, the toy drive is asking for 500 toys, this is like my 3rd or 4th Christmas and I think I might have 50 toys of each type saved up in my shared bank (they stack to 50 unless this has been changed) and that's a couple years of accumulation. So that creates a couple of problems: unless they now stack to 999 I don't think the average player is going to have enough inventory space to collect the toys necessary, and even going for three weeks, I don't think there's enough drops to amass the 500 toys of each type.

I suppose if there's an mission that gives a flat 25 of each toy type for completion, like the special black harlequin alert, it might be possible to unlock some costume pieces this year, but otherwise they may have shot themselves in the foot with those crazy requirements.
  • Options
    n3lln3ll Posts: 21 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Although, the toy drive is asking for 500 toys, this is like my 3rd or 4th Christmas and I think I might have 50 toys of each type saved up in my shared bank (they stack to 50 unless this has been changed) and that's a couple years of accumulation. So that creates a couple of problems: unless they now stack to 999 I don't think the average player is going to have enough inventory space to collect the toys necessary...

I was just thinking the same! And even you could get the space for those all 50 inventory/bag slots it takes, it's just absurd. They need to change it, I hope it will be changed already in this patch they are doing right now at the moment..!

For getting those 500 toys, there is always drifter who sells 5 of each toys for 5 drifter salvages if u want to get lazy. :)
    IronClaw@AllahSemmin in game c:
  • Options
    Okay, the toys now stack to 500, that will make things a little easier
  • Options
    Also: the black harlequin custom alert seems to be bugged, ran it three times now, only got rewarded once. All three times I was either first or second in points.
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Daily is screwy. Did the Harlequin alert, managed to get credit, found and helped kill Clarence, not only did NOT get credit for Clarence, it also took away my credit for the Harlequin alert.

Having the now-standard store tokens AND a bunch of useless crap you ALSO need to collect is also extremely terrible and pointless considering the last two events have done fine with only one thing to gather. Like, I can't even imagine why they would do that.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    So now a bunch of people had the Naughty Nice mission just suddenly drop, during which Clarence and the quest npc vanished, and when the npc returned it wouldn't restore the stolen quest. Of course on the 5 previous Clarence kill credit hadn't triggered quest wise anyway so probably wouldn't have completed anyway, but meh.
  • Options
    jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User

So now a bunch of people had the Naughty Nice mission just suddenly drop, during which Clarence and the quest npc vanished, and when the npc returned it wouldn't restore the stolen quest. Of course on the 5 previous Clarence kill credit hadn't triggered quest wise anyway so probably wouldn't have completed anyway, but meh.

Yeah, same happened to me. Had the mish, started fighting Clarence, then the teddy vanished and the mission was gone after that happened. Hope this gets fixed!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Try turning the mission in anyway.
    I didn't get credit for beating Harlequin, but I was still able to turn in mission for the reward.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I also didn't get credit for BH but was still able to turn in the mission.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

Try turning the mission in anyway.
    I didn't get credit for beating Harlequin, but I was still able to turn in mission for the reward.

I didn't get credit and I wasn't able to turn in the mission.

This is a very buggy and grindy event.

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Mine -
    3 runs didn't register.
    4th run registered inside Finkle factory but as soon as I left , it went back to not done.
    currently in hideout and it's listed as done again.
    left hideout, wen to incomplete again.

checked hand in anyway and the ?was above the guys head so I handed in.

so check the assistant, try going to hideout or another zone then come back​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    unsungchampionunsungchampion Posts: 13 Arc User
    Warning this worked for me: I restarted the game, and did a force-patch for the client loaded it up and both where cleared. If you don't know hot to do a force-patch you can find it in the Folder where you downloaded the game I believe.
  • Options
    I have another thread started in the bugs section of these forums. I've tried to list all the problems with this mission but if you see any that I haven't listed please add to the collection: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1203779/making-naughty-nice-is-bugged

• Options
    Okay, new problem with the event, and it's completely predictable I think. Overwatch villain waits till the toys spawn, then wades into the fight to get hit with the AoE attacks and then starts killing players. I got no problem with Overwatch if we have the freedom to opt into it, but when you're getting sucker punched by Overwatch villains in an event something needs to be done. I think players that stoop to that sort of thing should get a two or three day ban, repeat offenders gone for a week. This is the sort of thing that ruins the game for me and I'm a very even keeled take it as it comes Guy. Please do something to fix this.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Who do you get the mission from?

Edit: Nevermind, found him.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Okay, new problem with the event, and it's completely predictable I think. Overwatch villain waits till the toys spawn, then wades into the fight to get hit with the AoE attacks and then starts killing players. I got no problem with Overwatch if we have the freedom to opt into it, but when you're getting sucker punched by Overwatch villains in an event something needs to be done. I think players that stoop to that sort of thing should get a two or three day ban, repeat offenders gone for a week. This is the sort of thing that ruins the game for me and I'm a very even keeled take it as it comes Guy. Please do something to fix this.

I agree; players should not have to endure an OV exploit. What's worse, when Clarence is defeated, the OV will stick around to take out any players that survived for extra tokens. I should not have to fight an OV if I am not interested in doing so just because it's there. I am not interested in PVP and should not have to worry about PVP'ers interfering with my playstyle, since I do not interfere with theirs. In my opinion and as a suggestion, when an OV comes within 200 feet of an open event the OV should be reverted back to their hero form and endure a 15 minute cooldown. This would ensure that anyone considering using an OV for an open world event think twice about it.

I also believe that having 2 open world events (OV and Clarence) is part of the SNR's that I have experienced in the past few days. Please consider scaling back or shutting down OV's for the Winter Event; even OV's should take a holiday! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I hope Cryptic does something soon about these people using OV to troll the Clarence open mission. I had a friend who tried three times to get credit for killing the bear and three times an OV villain killed the heck out of them. They even killed them while trying to claim their rewards. Now I have no idea if they could have even gotten credit without having to constantly respawn and run back to the fight, they were only level 23, but sadly we'll never know. It sure as heck takes a lot of fun out of the game having to deal with annoying players when they just want to play the game.
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    We made some tweaks to the event; check out the changes on PTS.
  • Options

We made some tweaks to the event; check out the changes on PTS.

Thank you. I really like what you guys are trying to do, and I in no way hold you or anyone else at Cryptic responsible for the actions of a few players, but without this reply I might have felt that this abuse wasn't a concern. I think the tweak has potential to end these shenanigans with the OV. I'm also pleased to see that you're addressing the missions. Thank you for listening and responding to our concerns.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Hmm...a patch and maintenance on a Tuesday.

Something is afoot at the Circle K!
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    The changes look good so far. We had a Grond try to troll one of the Clarence fights so far but he left pretty quickly afterwards.
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    Might as well post here too in the hope this will get fixed: Clarence is not giving everybody who participates in fighting him credit for the daily. Because he is back to spawning once an hour per zone, his spawns are very crowded, so anyone who isn't a DPS build or at least heavily geared up cannot complete the daily.
  • Options

Might as well post here too in the hope this will get fixed: Clarence is not giving everybody who participates in fighting him credit for the daily. Because he is back to spawning once an hour per zone, his spawns are very crowded, so anyone who isn't a DPS build or at least heavily geared up cannot complete the daily.

I think posting this over in the bug section of these forum would be useful.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Posts: 67 Arc User
    It was posted in the bug forum but the bug wasn't fixed and now the event is over and many never got to do the daily even once. You need to extend the event with as many days that you known about the bug but didn't fix it. That would be 21 days. At the least you should fix the bug and add a week of the event. Or make some sort of compensation to all of us who never got to do it every day.