test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Onslaught Would Make A Great MOBA

riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
I was fooling around with Heroes of the Storm when this idea dawned on me. The Champions game has all the elements to craft a great stand alone MOBA. We already have the OV's as playables (Just more need to be added). We have pvp Battle Arena's nobody ever uses (and they are great maps).

Pretty much that's all you need for a MOBA. It could be a stand alone game, but also available as a mini-expansion for those CO players who want to make it part of their Champions experience. You remove all of the issues with Open world pvp - that others have been complaining about. Because it's essentially OV's versus OV's (or even Onslaught Heroes).

So it's essentially:
- Available as a stand alone download (Which could be advertised)
- Available for CO players in expansion form, so they can still earn unlocks.

Two audiences... one game.​​
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

Comments

• savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    it could be a good idea that would breathe a new life in the game
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    hmmm, this might actully work... PvP players may think PvP is dead but to tell the truth the MOST POWERFUL, most SKILLED players in the whole CO game Universe ARE almost all from the PvP community... And its because this games has the most versitile way to make you Champion... if Crytic actully Update the PvP section to be more on MOBA mode it be very good... heck it could even open up new trays of OV powers for us on PvE... the idea has merit. Hope it gets notice my fellow Champion :wink:

NOTE: JUST the PvP area of the game NOT the PvE...
    Post edited by ngeluz on
  • divitusdivitus Posts: 19 Arc User
    It would be interesting to add a MOBA style PvP element in CO, a 3v3, 5v5, and 10v10 style MOBA Arena would be interesting to experiment within the current game (or as a separate application). The developments could be interesting id done right. It would be even better if we got a Combat Overhaul along with it. The current Traditional RPG Combat system just doesn't sit well with CO and STO both at this current day and age...
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes. Let them make Champions: Onslaught MOBA and kill off Champions Online.
    Because MOBAs make more money.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    gradii said:

divitus said:

It would be interesting to add a MOBA style PvP element in CO, a 3v3, 5v5, and 10v10 style MOBA Arena would be interesting to experiment within the current game (or as a separate application). The developments could be interesting id done right. It would be even better if we got a Combat Overhaul along with it. The current Traditional RPG Combat system just doesn't sit well with CO and STO both at this current day and age...

CO and STO don't have a traditional RPG combat system, what we have is a hybrid, which works well enough for me.

If you want to talk about painful RPG style combat systems try SWTOR or WoW.
    WoW I don't have a problem with. I mean, I play Everquest 2 and don't have a problem with the game (it's pretty boring, at times, but what keeps me coming back is the lore and many of the non-combat mechanics, i.e. Betrayal System and Player Housing). SWTOR, however, is a completely different story. However, my pain with the game isn't with the combat system...

P.S.: The reason I don't particularly enjoy CO and STO's combat system is because it feels rather static compared to games like Neverwinter (a little less static) and, dare I say it, Warframe (I think Space Ninjas with Guns is the best description I can give the combat system). Also, I found that I like MMOs or games that are more focused around a Controller. I use a controller for CO anyway, but the game isn't exactly controller-friendly regardless...

Yes. Let them make Champions: Onslaught MOBA and kill off Champions Online.

Because MOBAs make more money.​​

Killjoy...
    edited January 2016
    Let's try this again...
    divitus said:

Most MMOs are most definitely not focused around a controller, at least not the old ones with the dinosaur combat systems which have you rotating almost more powers than you can keybind on a keyboard.
    Those were the good old days... I think the reason that the system isn't appealing anymore is that it has been copied more times than I count.

Why do I suck at editing comments...