test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More offensive Unarmed KICK attacks please

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
Mackenzie, is One of my characters whose build theme is around Kick attacks (as Counterpart to Rylan who is using only Fist attacks)

The problem is that the Kicks from Unarmed are way too few and most of them are either for Crowd Control, AoE, Dodge and Avoidance and Knocks

I personally was using Thundering Kicks as Combo, and Dragon Kick as MAIN attack

But Dragon Kick is an AoE and does awfully low damage if you try to use it as Single target in a Boss, so it's not reliable ALPHA attack due to the AoE factor

Personally I would like to see attacks like
Super Smash Bros >Ganondorf's Volcano Kick<, which could work this way in champions

Volcano Kick: (Alt name Hammer Kick)
Power Type: Close Attack
Method: Tap , Charge (<- Obviously)

(Rank 3) 319-1253 Crushing (and maybe more since it's will be Alpha Spike attack)

Possible Advantages this power can Have
  1. ADV that turns this power into Cylinder AoE and KNOCK DOWN all the enemies
  2. ADV that makes this attack deal Dimensional Damage or Fire Damage
  3. ADV that makes this power KNOCK BACK the enemy
  4. Clipping Challenge Accelerated Metabolism (CC on AoE adv, will only Taunt the main target)

(here is a .Gif of the Kick as well, in case the Video wasn't enough)
xIpDE.gif

another Unarmed Kicks need, is a Decent 360 AoE
>Tatsumaki< From Street Fighters comes in my Mind!

Tatsumaki: (Alt name Hurricane Kick)
Power Type: Close Attack
Method: Maintain
Area of Effect: 10 foot sphere
Max. Targets: 5
Stat Scaling: Melee Strength Scaling
360 attack and doesn't require Target (just like Sword Cyclone)
+395 + Crushing Damage per .5 sec

Basically take the Sword Cyclone and make it Spinning Kick

Possible Advantages this power can Have
  1. A similar ADV like Sword Cyclon Butcher's Blades, which turn Tatsumaki into charge power instead of maintain
  2. Small Knock back
  3. Challenging Strikes and Accelerated Metabolism

(and here is a .GIF as well, since Animated visuals are precious for forums)
Th_Ryu_special_hurricanekick.gif

Those are the power I WANT to see ingame!

Any other suggestion from players is welcomed here

Please DEVs, give us more powers :frown:
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd certainly like to see a lunge sliding kick to knock enemies up or a jump kick that sends enemies flying or stuns them.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hurricane Kick? Yes please! More good melee sphere aoe is always welcome XD
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to have Hurricane kick on my kick based MA character... a maintained AoE is always welcomed
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd rather have a nutshot. A fighter who trains for combat or self-defense always keep their feet on the ground.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rising knee

Mighty Kick is supposed to be a gut kick, but you could envision it being a rather vicious low blow :p (it is the highest no-cd single target dps kick atm.. if you count its knock immune multiplier on full charge, that is).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    that gif, looks like the guy is lifting his leg and farting a lot
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There was one kick in CoH I could never get enough of. I think it was called Crane Kick. Just a fast and powerful side kick that did great damage, but the best parts were the visceral sound effect and the knock back. My friend and I used to enjoy trying to line up each kick so it'd send the mob flying right into each other's cameras.

The Haymaker of kicks. That's what we need. Minus the long charge time.
    edited January 2014
    Chunli_Senretsu_Kyaku.gif
    Guile%27s_Flash_Kick.gif
    B.gif
    4.gif
    Yes I love street fighter, but these kicks would be neat to see incorporated into Champs (if they haven't already :P)
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually that bottom one we have. Inexorable Tides, is the name if I recall right.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm sure someone mentioned it... but basically Chun-Li's rapid kick attack; kick version of 100 hands basically, maybe with chance to apply disoriened or staggered on each tick.

Also, just generally more energetic combos? Thundering Kicks is slow and very plain...it's kind of sad that the most energetic martial arts combo attack in the game belongs to Dual Pistols.

I'd love it if Thundering Kicks was changed to look like something you would see Hwoarang pull off in Tekken. Right now it looks like something a white belt pulls off while practicing on a punching bag in karate class.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Also, just generally more energetic combos? Thundering Kicks is slow and very plain...it's kind of sad that the most energetic martial arts combo attack in the game belongs to Dual Pistols.

I think the same way, Thundering Kicks looks more like the animation of an Energy Builder, really dull for Combo! (BTW kicking Energy Builder, make it happen)

And Yeah Bullet Beatdown is freaking awesome, feels really powerful :biggrin:
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Yes I love street fighter, but these kicks would be neat to see incorporated into Champs (if they haven't already :P)

OH MY GOD! I WANT THEM! I WANT THEM ALL INGAME
    :eek:

(The last one already exists, it's Inexorable Tides)
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Chunli_Senretsu_Kyaku.gif
    Guile%27s_Flash_Kick.gif
    B.gif
    4.gif
    Actually that bottom one we have. Inexorable Tides, is the name if I recall right.
    Yep, and... Take a look at Thunderbolt Lunge and tell me it doesn't look like the second one to some degree.

I would love to have that first one.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Energy builder with just kicks in it.
  • Options
    caseylaincaseylain Posts: 27 Arc User
    Bump. At the very least bring up thunder kick's dps.
  • Options
    I want a spinning back heel kick that is a powerful single target knock on the level of Haymaker.
  • Options
    sykovsykov Posts: 130 Arc User
    It would be great to see a Muay Thai Roundhouse kick (or a step-kick from Tae Kwon Do) with the same damage/effects as Haymaker.
    It's a game, not a ****. Don't choke on it.

I own Koda Ortega. Yeah...

• Options
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Posts: 32 Arc User
    Axe Kick could honestly just be a reskin of the elbow drop and it'd be a potent addition to the kick arsenal.
  • Options
    ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I think most powers treys are missing either more animations, re-skins or just more just more um... well, powers I guess... We have all this villians that can do Melee punches with Particle, Psi Pink gloves or even Dimentional damage... Starting with more kicks would be a really good start :blush:
  • Options
    The great part is they wouldn't necessarily even have to think up new powers... just copy past current power mechanics and add the new animation! Like a lunging side kick version of Burning Chi Fist. Or like someone mentioned, axe kick version of elbow drop. A flip kick version of Dragon Uppercut.
  • Options
    I WANNA DO SOME KICKING!

Hyakuretsukyaku

Like 100 Hands but with KICKS!

latest?cb=20091124044136

just image it ingame​​
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

Energy builder with just kicks in it.

This. Bristol Stomp just doesn't look right punching for his EB.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png