test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skin tones relative to costume colors

almightenalmighten Posts: 38 Arc User
I know I cannot possibly be the only one facing color mismatch. Is there a reason why the colors for skin in the tailor are not the same as for the costumes. When it comes up that I want my skin tone to match a costume piece most of the time all I can get is "close" to the skin tone.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    It was made that way so people cannot make Nude characters!

Yeah I really hate the Skin-Colour limitation for this​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The funny thing is that there are several skin tones with a perfect match. So, nude toons can (and are) made.

Ah, well.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

The funny thing is that there are several skin tones with a perfect match. So, nude toons can (and are) made.

Ah, well.

Some are very, very close, but none of the regular costume colours are an exact match to the skin tone colours.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Every bit of skin needs to be covered between the neck and ankles.
    Too much nakkid causes drama and divorces. It's the DoupleD cause and effect.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • almightenalmighten Posts: 38 Arc User
    If they are trying to eliminate the appearance of nude toons; they've failed. I've seen nude toons many times & to match skin tones they get a color close & then change cloth, leather or metal tone & then they look really close to nude, nearly perfect. Not every member does this sorta stuff, but we're all made to pay for what a minority have done. If I remember correctly;TOS mentions the consequintces for this sort of problem. I know from many interactions through emails that PWE is doing the best they're able to do. They have addressed many issues for me & the results are undenyable. I am certain they recieve a very large number of emails & still they're able to solve the vast majority of problems for me. If it violates Tos; put teeth into TOS
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    It used to slightly less restricted with few tones being an exact match between skin and costume colors, but then some players abused the freedom they were given. So it was changed. In the end everyone had to pay the price... It is still possible to get a match for skin and cloth color, but only for wery inhuman skin tones.​​
    You can actually match colors nearly exactly by choosing the "Simian" skin pattern for face, chest, and legs. Given that you can add a tint, you end up being able to match just about any skin tone you wish.

Try it, and you will see.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    would be nice but I don't ever see the simian skin pattern. so how do you get it to show up?
    Simian is under regular head, bare skin chest, bare skin legs. I only use male toons, so maybe it doesn't work for female toons.

Anyway, making it a little difficult to make nude toons pretty much knocks out your average casual player who wants to make a naked toon without much thought. Oh, except for the two or three skin tone colors that actually are an excellent match, and are currently available . . .