Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20151015.60 - Bug Fixes & Dev Action Figures

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20151015.60
This build is available on PTS as of 12/16/2015

New Action Figures
- Added new Arkayne, Lady Gadfly, Splosions & Kaiserin Action Figures. Look for Kaiserin in-game to find out how you can earn them.

Additional Changes
- Clarence can no longer be interrupted.
- Increased target cap for Clarence's Mecha Blast attack.
- Team up is now enabled for the Clarence open mission.
- Clarence's Mecha Blast is no longer affected by line of sight. Removed the target cap from this ability.
- Medusa can no longer apply her speed recharge debuff to non-player targets (she can still apply Mind Spike stacks to non-player targets).
- Fixed some clipping issues with the Heroic Wrap.
- Fixed clipping issues with the emblems on the Heroic Wrap. Added the costume to eye accessories.
- Emily Lovett's Torment attack now has a chance to apply fear. Her Life Drain will now heal her for a small amount. Slightly buffed her out of combat regen. She should no longer switch between standing and flying. Adjusted her ranges so she should attack more often.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Haha, hope Kaiserin likes getting a LOT of request.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

Haha, hope Kaiserin likes getting a LOT of request.

Mwahahahaha!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    You......​​
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    From the previous thread (about the permanent Emily Lovett): "Increase the number of attacks that Emily has."

I don't think this is the correct fix for the problem, pending on what exactly is going on under the hood. If sidekick attacks have their own internal cooldowns, the fix would be to adjust their cooldowns so certain moves are more actively used. If most of their attacks lack cooldowns, it might be better to give them some sort of passive that causes them to slowly increase damage of basic attacks, if not cause them to change outright.

Aaaaand before I fully typed up the above, the patch hit and it looks like the devs have already fixed the problems with her. If it works, I hope the standing/flying fix gets applied to all sidekicks in the game.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Wow, attacks that go through walls. I didn't actually know that could be done.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    It would be nice if we were automatically given a mission called "Go find Kaiserin and bug her" when in MC.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    xrazamax said:

It would be nice if we were automatically given a mission called "Go find Kaiserin and bug her" when in MC.

@crypticarkayne - I found our next new mission.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

I think that happens everytime she is online.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Permanent Sidekick Emily Lovett:

This version of Emily is looking more like something I need to pick up when it hits LIVE. Allowing her Torment attack to apply Fear is a great addition & she is now stabilized and she's going after remaining targets now!

A few things to note however:

*Emily Lovett's Device description needs updating to a similar one as Windchill, though I expect this'll be done as the LIVE server is updated or something.

*PLEASE allow players to have the ornate/arcane costume piece as an unlock.
    From what I can tell it is a chest piece.

Perhaps purchasing Emily Lovett could come along with her unique costume piece unlock?

Pleeease! :bawling:
  • Options

Perhaps purchasing Emily Lovett could come along with her unique costume piece unlock?

I would rather the unlock not be connected to Emily herself. It could easily be a drop from DEMON mobs or added to one of the recognition stores. Though, I guess having an unlock from multiple sources would be fine. Actually...doesn't Alicia Blackmunn (magical NPC in Downtown) also wear a variant of this?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Permanent Sidekick Emily Lovett:

This version of Emily is looking more like something I need to pick up when it hits LIVE. Allowing her Torment attack to apply Fear is a great addition & she is now stabilized and she's going after remaining targets now!

A few things to note however:

*Emily Lovett's Device description needs updating to a similar one as Windchill, though I expect this'll be done as the LIVE server is updated or something.

Yes to all of the above!!!

It's killing me I can't test this. Everyone pray that River gets a job soon so I can indulge in my CO addiction more fully oncd again :D !!! That being said... I like the idea of costume or weapon skin unlocks going with some of the Sidekicks. It gives an added reason to purchase them (yes I know other disagree).

I'm assuming the next loyal Sidekicks are going to be the Harijuku twins --- since from what I understand they work well right out of the box already. But in general - I'm hoping they all get some buffs and adjustments to make them more attractive. For ex: Windchill is still much too squishy and could use either a) A passive or b) a HP boost.​

​Also a "Design A Sidekick" contest could be a lot of fun!!! I bet the community would be really into it. ​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options

I'm assuming the next loyal Sidekicks are going to be the Harijuku twins --- since from what I understand they work well right out of the box already.​​

All things considered, I'd actually think that the ones that don't work well need this treatment far sooner than the ones that already do. It allows it to work as a proper bug fix for something broken that people were previously avoiding solely because it was broken.

-Sterga
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Onslaught Super Villain Medusa:

The adjustment to her Mind Spikes, originally made me think that Positive Mind Spikes stacks would no longer be attainable (I thought that the mechanic and the debuff were one in the same thing, so stopping one would break the other) but I am very happy to be WRONG when it comes to this. :smiley:

Medusa still has high killing power vs UNTIL Defenders and I just took down the Mega Destroyer in MC with her and ran into no problems.

It is a shame that it was axed but it had to be done in all fairness, it was just nice to have a powerful utility debuff. Then again, it still works on players so...yeah.

All is well on OSV Medusa. :astonished:

• Options
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

- Increased target cape for Clarence's Mecha Blast attack.

So Clarence will prefer to target people wearing capes now? :p
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Additional Changes
    - Clarence can no longer be interrupted.
    - Team up is now enabled for the Clarence open mission.
    - Clarence's Mecha Blast is no longer affected by line of sight. Removed the target cap from this ability.
    - Medusa can no longer apply her speed recharge debuff to non-player targets (she can still apply Mind Spike stacks to non-player targets).

Good stuff! Methinks this is the perfect amount of difficulty increase for Clarence.
  • Options

I guess so...then again...Edna Mode did warn everyone...
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Bug: Eye Accessory > Heroic Wrap > Attachment Eye Accessory > Emblem - Selecting this has no effect on costume - emblem is not visible. (Note: The attachment emblem on Headwear version works fine)

Bug(?): Heroic Wrap (both versions) - Eyes - Eye slits do not move with Eye Position slider

Bug: Heroic Wrap (both versions) - clipping - Ear Sliders do not deform mask appropriately - large or pointed ears clip through.

Suggestion: Please add a simple alternate pattern to the Solid color - Tricolor - Color 1 Right Slice, Color 2 Mid Slice, Color 3 Left Slice. This would allow some alternate themes - asymmetric, simple vertical banding or true tricolor.

heroicwrapcol1_zpsmnfva3wb.jpg~original​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options

I guess so...then again...Edna Mode did warn everyone...
    Lolz. "target cap".
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Can something be done about things blocking our line of sight to Clarence? When he appears near the bank, there have been occasions that he's gotten inside the barrier for the Onslaught Target guys. Those five foot barriers block line of sight to the forty foot bear.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Onslaught Super Villain Medusa:
    Medusa still has high killing power vs UNTIL Defenders and I just took down the Mega Destroyer in MC with her and ran into no problems.

It is a shame that it was axed but it had to be done in all fairness, it was just nice to have a powerful utility debuff. Then again, it still works on players so...yeah.

All is well on OSV Medusa. :astonished:

Forgive me for venturing off topic. But this is a good example of what I mentioned in another thread about open world Cosmic monsters needing the Clarence upgrades. They were created before Vehicles, OV's and Justice Gear. They are woefully under-powered now. Please feel free to move or delete my comment if it's not in the right place.

But I do feel Clarence's upgrades should be ported over to other Cosmics. Especially Mega-D, Kigaltilik, Qwyjibo, and the MegaTerek.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    eiledon said:

Bug: Eye Accessory > Heroic Wrap > Attachment Eye Accessory > Emblem - Selecting this has no effect on costume - emblem is not visible. (Note: The attachment emblem on Headwear version works fine)

Bug(?): Heroic Wrap (both versions) - Eyes - Eye slits do not move with Eye Position slider

Bug: Heroic Wrap (both versions) - clipping - Ear Sliders do not deform mask appropriately - large or pointed ears clip through.

Suggestion: Please add a simple alternate pattern to the Solid color - Tricolor - Color 1 Right Slice, Color 2 Mid Slice, Color 3 Left Slice. This would allow some alternate themes - asymmetric, simple vertical banding or true tricolor.

heroicwrapcol1_zpsmnfva3wb.jpg~original​​

Nice fix ideas and great suggestion about the patterns.

/seconded

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Players are still reporting that they aren't consistently getting mission credit for defeating Clarence
    kallethen said:

Can something be done about things blocking our line of sight to Clarence? When he appears near the bank, there have been occasions that he's gotten inside the barrier for the Onslaught Target guys. Those five foot barriers block line of sight to the forty foot bear.​​

The street lights and lamp poles will also block line of sight.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Ok guys and gals the line of sight thing is not thaaat big of a deal. You can deal with lamp poles by moving 2 inches to either side.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    kamokami wrote: »
    Ok guys and gals the line of sight thing is not thaaat big of a deal. You can deal with lamp poles by moving 2 inches to either side.

Lamp poles aren't a big deal, I agree. The barriers are as it takes more than moving a couple of inches to the side.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    The chest peice looks like the demon one plus the spiked tights underneath. The curved back pieces on her shoulder are the cape holder.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User

ELTop_zpsq7jkysvu.jpg

+1
    It would be neat seeing this costume available in the future (and as long as its available for males as well)
    We Slowly get access to more and more NPC-exlusive costume pieces​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    chaelk wrote: »
    The chest peice looks like the demon one plus the spiked tights underneath. The curved back pieces on her shoulder are the cape holder.

It's different than DEMON vest. It has a built-in collar. Talisman also uses this costume.

R.O.B. would be a nice permanent sidekick. A robotic mook is something compatible with almost any high-tech related character concept.​​
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @kaizerin
    Release Notes for FC.31.20151015.58

Added cloth and leather materials to all Steampunk items.

Was this meant to include Steampunk Goggles 2? On live this is currently only Leather material

Edit: Bug: Steampunk Goggles 2 - Male: Only has leather material - no other options available.​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Her outfit looks like the Persian vest with an arcane collar, plus the arcane cape attachment item.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    The new permanent sidekicks are cool, but what would be even cooler is if we could create our own.
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Bug Report (lowest priority): unlimited Daily mission "Making Naughty Nice"

What Happens: after completing the "Making Naughty Nice" mission and turning it in, it is instantly available again. This allows me to constantly farm for additional Christmas components to trade in without having to wait for the daily reset, etc.

When Does It Happen: I'm not exactly sure. What I do know is that I had the mission in the journal when it was patched, which caused it to drop yet refresh with a new instance (thus I didn't have to visit the quest giver to get it back). I was also part of a team that was doing the mission. I believe 1 other member of that team also got this bug.

Please note this is neither urgent nor mission critical. In fact, it's not even a problem, except...

I only mention it in case, somehow, this all relates to other players not getting credit for their missions. Maybe it's all intertwined. I'd rather believe that Santa picked me to be part of his Secret Slayer Squad, to covertly assassinate those so naughty that they could never be nice, those beyond all redemption.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    So, finally got around to testing. Using the same character (support healer) and 4m parses, Windchill managed 495 dps. Emily Lovett managed 293. For reference, my last set of results:
    Hardy Davidson: 289 dps
    Reprogrammed Mechranium: 67 dps
    Reprogrammed Spider Unit: 295 dps
    Pistolwhip: 235 dps
    Harajuko Twins: 179 dps (combined).
    ROD: 173 dps.
    Steelhead/UNTIL Soldier: 180 dps.

Might want to even things out.
  • Options

So, finally got around to testing. Using the same character (support healer) and 4m parses, Windchill managed 495 dps. Emily Lovett managed 293. For reference, my last set of results:
    Hardy Davidson: 289 dps
    Reprogrammed Mechranium: 67 dps
    Reprogrammed Spider Unit: 295 dps
    Pistolwhip: 235 dps
    Harajuko Twins: 179 dps (combined).
    ROD: 173 dps.
    Steelhead/UNTIL Soldier: 180 dps.

Might want to even things out.

This is good info, thanks for testing.

I'd personally like all sidekicks when they achieve perm status to be comparable to Windchill in terms of DPS from what you've managed to test. Or perhaps all around the 300 mark?
  • Options

Her outfit looks like the Persian vest with an arcane collar, plus the arcane cape attachment item.

Most of her outfit, like the Buckle Shoes, Arcane Tights on her legs and the spiky tights on her torso and arms, as well as the Draconis Belt & her bracers are accessible to players already.

The only part is her chest piece, which is not currently a player piece. I've tried the combination you suggested last time and it...didn't look anything like it sadly.

I just hope we get access to it soon though :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    BUGTypo in Live
    typo_zpsjjnhnzry.png​​

• Options
    Sidekick: P.I.T.A. Man
    all powers are cancels/debuffs/unsummons​​

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Bug: Clarence can still be interrupted
    Bug: The Making Naughty nice mission is still buggy, this time defeating Clarence doesn't always grant you mission credit.
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Bug Report (highest priority): players unable to get credit for Clarence portion of "Making Naughty Nice"

What Happens: after a Clarence fight, participants aren't getting credit for it, thus can't complete the Daily Mission.

When Does It Happen: there was a theory that players have to score a certain amount of damage/points on Clarence's Leaderboard for the mission to register, roughly around 150k. However, I've seen players score above that and still not get credit. If there is this sort of criteria, maybe it's not based on absolute numbers, but based on percentages? I mention this because this could be because there's much more variance in how much DPS players can put out now than when Clarence was 1st designed, with Justice Gear and Depleted Uranium Cores and other gear, that it screwed up the system? Please investigate further.

I hope this gets fixed, and even so, because of its impact on the quality of the players' experiences in the past weeks, I would recommend an extension of the Winter Event please. I realise and appreciate the extra effort in fixing the previous bug, with the bonus 50 tokens of each type and a cool AF to make up the opportunity cost, but I think this Daily Mission bug has skewed the plans of our most dedicated players. Such a gesture would not be a sign of any wrongdoing or fault or anything; it'd just be about quality of life issues, increasing the value of this event by giving people a chance to get all those new items you've already worked on.

I myself have not suffered from this bug, but post this for the COmmunity...and just to give players a fair chance to get stuff.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    The no credit bug for Clarence is just random, as far as player-observed variables go. When you experiment on a bunch of toons, and comb through player reports you find that these things do not seem to impact Clarance credit:

*minimum damage on Clarence
    *taking damage from Clarence
    *order of Clarence or Black Harlequin first
    *having finish Making Naughty Nice or not
    *destroying CLarence's toy adds
    *level of the toon
    *being present for entire fight or just before the end

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

When Does It Happen: there was a theory that players have to score a certain amount of damage/points on Clarence's Leaderboard for the mission to register, roughly around 150k. However, I've seen players score above that and still not get credit.

I suspect it's based on damage to Clarence (so damage to other targets, while it counts for open mission points, does not count for mission credit). 1% damage to Clarence is about 100k points; I've gotten 106k points using single-target attacks on Clarence and gotten credit. This is probably not unique to Clarence -- if you're hunting perks for signature enemies there's a lower threshold of damage where you don't get credit, though I've never tracked down what the limit is, I've just seen people not get the perk.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I WANT PERMANENT DURATOK GOREHOWL "SIDEKICK"!!!!
    My honor demands it!
    Puny mammals!
    ​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015

When Does It Happen: there was a theory that players have to score a certain amount of damage/points on Clarence's Leaderboard for the mission to register, roughly around 150k. However, I've seen players score above that and still not get credit.

I suspect it's based on damage to Clarence (so damage to other targets, while it counts for open mission points, does not count for mission credit). 1% damage to Clarence is about 100k points; I've gotten 106k points using single-target attacks on Clarence and gotten credit. This is probably not unique to Clarence -- if you're hunting perks for signature enemies there's a lower threshold of damage where you don't get credit, though I've never tracked down what the limit is, I've just seen people not get the perk.
    That may be true, but we are talking mission credit, not getting rewards/perks for fighting Clarence. Those are awarded as usual, no problem.

I have had toons barely do a few thousand damage before Clarence dies, and get mission credit, and I have had a toon deliver tons of damage for the entire fight, make the leaderboard, and not get mission credit.

• Options
    BUG: The daily mission repeat still happens.
    I notice it mostly happens if I do the alert first. I haven't had it happen if I do Clarence first. Other people have tried alert first and not got it.

The Clarence not registering seems to be increasing​​

• Options
    chaelk said:

BUG: The daily mission repeat still happens.

I notice it mostly happens if I do the alert first. I haven't had it happen if I do Clarence first. Other people have tried alert first and not got it.

The Clarence not registering seems to be increasing​​
    I have gotten the repeat whether Alert is first or second.

• Options
    blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User

The new permanent sidekicks are cool, but what would be even cooler is if we could create our own.

Yes please
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I still await the day we can buy costume slots from the debugger.
  • Options
    Clarence not registering- level 40 never.
    Level 16 - 215k damage(sidekicked) not registered.(22nd from bottom- long list)
    -250k damage(sidekicking)
    not registered
    looks like they're closing down for Christmas.

can we have a news post on what days you're closed, so people know when not to try and ask questions.
    @crypticarkayne @ladygadfly​​

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    crashjrive wrote: »

What would be even cooler is to make them more affordable.​​
  • Options
    This solution seems to work for fixing the "no credit for Clarence" bug.

Drop mission
    Take mission again
    Complete mission in either order

This has worked for me on four different toons.

This discussion has been closed.