What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 12/15/2015

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
Release Notes for 12/15/2015

Winter Event
- Changed daily mission to be cooldown on success.
- Added Toy Drive Pack to daily mission reward.
- Added a 25 pack of winter currency to the daily mission.
- Made Winter Holiday Present BoE and tradeable.
- Made it so none of the winter currency can be converted into crafting materials.
- Slightly adjusted currency requirements on a couple items so the different currencies are more evenly distributed.
- Fixed a bug where the silver rank Clarence rewards were incorrect.
- Made a new free once/account Zen Store item that grants Winter Currency and the Patches action figure (look for it in the Bonus tab).
- Adjusted winter presents to favor dropping winter currency. Winter currency from presents now drop in stacks of 5.
- Added cloth, leather and metal materials to the Snowman Head, Glowing Nose and Reindeer Hat.
- Added cloth and leather materials to all Steampunk items.
- Added Beartrap Jaw as a costume drop from Clarence.
- Adjusted target cap and range on Clarence. Slightly increased his damage output. His repel attacks now apply repel resistance.
- Changed Clarence's Mecha Blast attack damage to be % of health based. If you don't block the attack, you will take 35% of your health in damage. If you block the attack, the damage is reduced to 10% of your health.
- Toy Soldier grenades now apply knockback resistance.
- Updated commands on Winter Event location chooser to help prevent timing and randomization errors.

Additional Updates
- Removed veteran reward costumes from Nephilim drop table.
- Adjusted Nephilim costume drop rates to be on par with other Vibora Bay drop rates.
- Fixed issue with infinitely spawning critters dropping rewards in Vibora Bay instance.
- Fixed issue with infinitely spawning critters dropping rewards in Southwest Desert.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    - Fixed issue with infinitely spawning critters dropping rewards in Vibora Bay instance.

Are these the vampires in the cemetery? Not sure what else it could be or what the fix entails. I had no idea that there were such things in the desert though.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    ryuujindwryuujindw Posts: 1 Arc User
    I encountered irradiates in Atomic Wastelands (around a bomb being worshiped and in the area of the radiation pools) that just kept spawning as I killed them. Maybe those are what's being referred to?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    af1.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Are these the vampires in the cemetery? Not sure what else it could be or what the fix entails. I had no idea that there were such things in the desert though.​​

I'm guessing it's the open mission in the desert (near the crashed saucer) and the Vibora Bay crisis final mission where you have to suck energy from Therakiel.
  • Options
    zedvonkatmahlzedvonkatmahl Posts: 11 Arc User
    I had zero issues before today's patch, but now I can't participate in Clarence events. Black Harlequin has zero problems, but as soon as Clarence spawns or I come upon a Clarence battle in progress, I get bombarded with RECV packets that lags me to the point of unplayability. And more often than not, I get kicked off the server and get no credit for fighting Clarence.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    It means that items given as a reward to Veteran subscribers will no longer drop from mobs in Vibora. Which might mean other things turn up instead.

Infinitely spawning creatures could be anything in VB, to be honest. A bit cryptic, Cryptic.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

It's the Nephilim in Juryrig's garage near the end of the Apocalypse. They would spawn endlessly in there and you could farm stuff there, like Foxbat Cred bags and such.

There's an open mission in the desert that spawns a ton of dudes and if it's not completed, they'll just keep coming, amassing by the dozens.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    Bug: Clarence is still not always giving credit for the daily after helping defeat him.
  • Options
    animalgirl95animalgirl95 Posts: 19 Arc User
    The new flat 35% HP attack from Clarence is very effective versus the Grond OV device, he only lasts about a minute during which players can block and wait for the bear to do his stuff. Medusa however has ranged attacks and can slow charge speeds meaning she can easily avoid being caught in the AoE while killing off bear hunters from a safe distance.
    It's still a problem with a tiny fraction of the player base, but short of a ban they are unlikely to stop until the game prevents them from engaging in this sort of behaviour.

Otherwise the patch is great, Clarence spawns predictably, the gift box with the lovely little giraffe was a very nice gesture and the increased rates of winter toys are a godsend.​​
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Posts: 32 Arc User
    melphyx2 said:

It means that items given as a reward to Veteran subscribers will no longer drop from mobs in Vibora. Which might mean other things turn up instead.

Infinitely spawning creatures could be anything in VB, to be honest. A bit cryptic, Cryptic.

OKay, so no more Jury's Garage infinite stuff/items and alien crater in the Desert.

Can we verify that that's what they are referring to, as opposed to, say, the rapidly-spawning cemetary vamps?
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Better find your infinite spawn areas and get your 5k perks while you still can.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Better find your infinite spawn areas and get your 5k perks while you still can.

Most likely you can still get your 5k perks off of them.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    You still get kill credit, but no more drops.

I farmed a massive amount of purple secondaries and R5 mods while doing the 5K Nephilim perk with infinitely spawning weak Nephilim mobs at the end of VB Crisis. It felt kinda unfair.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.