Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20151015.55 - WINTER BUG FIXES

2»

Comments

• Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 7 Arc User
    draogn said:

How about instead of turning OVs off make it so unflagged players aoe can't affect them unless the player targets the OV directly. Alternatively the only way to flag is to click on an option in your portrait.

I'd posted an idea and my reasoning for it in the Champions Online Discussion about Onslaught Villains that pretty much mirrors this. A toggle option that you could check by right-clicking your portrait and selecting would probably work as well, though I feel the solution in the quotes is more immersive and dynamic.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    I enjoy seeing all these fixes, and the patch not being rushed is appreciated.
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    draogn said:

Speedrunning through the alert isn't much fun for anyone who lacks the abilities/tools to keep up.

Well, it isn't the efficient players' fault they turned the previously soloable instance mission into an alert where random puggers have to be dragged along.

It's not like it's fun either way, since you have to run it several hundred times to get the rewards. And there's no way I'm doing 100+ runs at "average" pug speed in the time the event is up. The, "you're ruining my experience" goes both ways here.

Just another point in the "Alerts are a terrible system because:" list.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    draogn said:

Speedrunning through the alert isn't much fun for anyone who lacks the abilities/tools to keep up.

Honestly, the last time I was running this (Sunday), the majority of the people in the alert were speedrunners. Also, it actually does make the alert easier to have people speedrunning, because the three boxes you have to kill in part one are continual monster generators, and by blitzing them they only generate a single wave.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Unless the patch really changes the materials cost downward quite a bit, I am just going to give up farming this event. And I have plenty of Winter Charms . . . much more than I could ever use if I wanted to.

After doing about 25 runs of the Alert, I just can't take it anymore. Too monotonous.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

draogn said:

Honestly, the last time I was running this (Sunday), the majority of the people in the alert were speedrunners. Also, it actually does make the alert easier to have people speedrunning, because the three boxes you have to kill in part one are continual monster generators, and by blitzing them they only generate a single wave.
    Which is great, unless they leave the 'bots behind, and then I'm struggling to get past one line of toy soldiers after another while the guys with the teleport TP are already fighting the Harlequin (the exact situation I was in with Starfall yesterday).

And then I got no credit for the Harlequin defeat, and the system took away the credit I already had for defeating Clarence, which has gotten a lot less fun since the OVs started griefing the fights. Doesn't look like there's any way I'm going to get the stuff I need to buy the worthwhile items from the event store. I'm beginning to consider giving this entire event a pass, and hoping we don't have very many new players to whom this is their introduction to CO.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Unless the patch really changes the materials cost downward quite a bit, I am just going to give up farming this event. And I have plenty of Winter Charms . . . much more than I could ever use if I wanted to.

After doing about 25 runs of the Alert, I just can't take it anymore. Too monotonous.

^ SO much this.

At best for the prices for each materials on each item should be around:

550 of each item + 50 Winter Charms for the AT

300 of each item + 25 Winter Charms for the Millennium Vehicle

200 of each item + 15 Winter Charms for the Frozen Sleigh

Everything else seems okay in terms of pricing but those three items should be adjusted from their current values on LIVE. They just seem like a crazy jump up in prices.

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2015

^ SO much this.

At best for the prices for each materials on each item should be around:

550 of each item + 50 Winter Charms for the AT

300 of each item + 25 Winter Charms for the Millennium Vehicle

200 of each item + 15 Winter Charms for the Frozen Sleigh

Everything else seems okay in terms of pricing but those three items should be adjusted from their current values on LIVE. They just seem like a crazy jump up in prices.

150 each is still crazy for the other items. That's 30 runs per costume unlock, multiplied by over 10 costume unlocks, is well over 300 runs and you haven't even touched the AT or vehicle yet. It didn't take that long to get everything when they were random drops.
    jonsills said:

draogn said:

Which is great, unless they leave the 'bots behind, and then I'm struggling to get past one line of toy soldiers after another while the guys with the teleport TP are already fighting the Harlequin (the exact situation I was in with Starfall yesterday).

And then I got no credit for the Harlequin defeat, and the system took away the credit I already had for defeating Clarence, which has gotten a lot less fun since the OVs started griefing the fights. Doesn't look like there's any way I'm going to get the stuff I need to buy the worthwhile items from the event store. I'm beginning to consider giving this entire event a pass, and hoping we don't have very many new players to whom this is their introduction to CO.
    Just run past them. You don't need teleport to speedrun, and they stop chasing you pretty shortly after you get out of line of sight (which isn't far in the alert, since there's so many turns). There's literally no point to killing most of the minions - they drop no xp and i'm not even sure they drop resources - so just run past them and be done with them.

(i've started trying to at least soften up many of the monsters i run by, but i'm not going to slow down to make sure they die).
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Just run past them. You don't need teleport to speedrun.

If you aren't using something with high in-combat speed it can be hard. However, I haven't experienced people actually being left behind.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    jonsills said:

I'm beginning to consider giving this entire event a pass, and hoping we don't have very many new players to whom this is their introduction to CO.

This worries me, too. For a new player, seeing a very difficult grind plus the chaos of OVs showing up at the Clarence fights makes a very poor first impression.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Now i wish that there was a toggle for open world pvp...
This discussion has been closed.