Install Arc

FC.31.20151015.54 - Winter Bug Fixes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20151015.54
This build is available on PTS as of 12/9/2015

Winter Event Changes
- Added Winter Charm currency.
- Fixed a bug where the Icicle showed up for free at character creation.
- Added male version of Steampunk Rocket Boots.
- Added glow to Steampunk Goggles 2. Fixed clipping issue with males.
- Updated the daily mission to give 3 Winter Charms. Updated the Drifter Toy Drive Pack to include 1 Winter Charm.
- Updated winter rewards to include the new winter charm currency.
- Corrected descriptions on winter Action Figures. Updated theirs icons.
- Added skin materials to toy legs and arms.
- Fixed female Icicle costume from not displaying properly.
- Corrected Finkle Foundry alert drop rates.
- Presents will no longer remove travel powers.
- Updated Catoastrophe's costume
- Made it so ice costumes unlock for skin options.
- Pompadour on Hairstyle B now has access to ice material with the ice hair pack.
- Added a permission to Gold members so they properly get the Icicle AT for free.
- Added icons for Icicle Spear, Chilled Form and Icy Embrace.
- Added Icon for the Millennium Spirit 903F.
- Added icon for Frozen Sleigh.
- Added Candy Cane heavy weapon as a costume drop from presents. Changed Candy Cane costume drops to green quality.
- Updated the Icicle's description.
- Adjusted prices on the winter store.
- Added Icicle archetype to winter store.
- Added winter currency pack, Frozen Winter Sleigh and Millennium Spirit 903F to PTS store.

Questionite Store
- Fixed an error where one Cyberpunk costume would allow you to purchase it multiple times.
- Added icons for ice costumes.
- Questionite boxes now auto open upon obtaining them.
- Updated Questionite store bind on equip costumes to not longer disable purchase once you have the item unlocked.

Additional Changes
- Fixed a bug with Ice Barrier that prevented it from placing other active defenses on cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where Ice Barrier was still consuming energy.
- Fixed some errors in the Winter and Questionite stores that allowed players to repurchase costumes they already owned.
- Weapons in the tailor are now in alphabetical order.

Trading behavior has been changed. Trading is now a two-step confirmation process.
* There is now an initial acceptance step, during this step both players have accepted the current traded items.
** This acceptance is indicated by yellow borders around the traded items.
** Both players must accept the trade before trading progresses to the second step.
* The second confirmation step begins once both players have accepted the trade.
** The list of traded items items can no longer be modified.
** The confirmation is indicated by green borders around the traded items.
** Once both players have confirmed the trade, items will be transfered.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    "- Questionite boxes now auto open upon obtaining them."

That will make it impossible to buy them now. Should also make Q slightly more valuable.

65 Winter Charms for the archtype? Please tell me they drop from other things than just the daily mission. As it stands to get the archetype would take 12 days of doing the mission, and everything else would take 5 days. Which would make it impossible to get everything in one season.

Also, you have the sleigh listed as having a cost of 15 charms instead of the 50 it should read.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Boxes were never tradable. It's Q crates that can be traded... Hopefully they remain unaltered.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    raighn said:

Boxes were never tradable. It's Q crates that can be traded... Hopefully they remain unaltered.

Oh, you're right, I misread.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Maybe there is some source of Winter Charms I am missing, but they seem overly rare. You need a few hundred to get all the costume pieces but only get 3 from the daily mission. Buying them all with drifter salvage defeats the purpose of playing the event, and makes for very expensive costume pieces.

Using 16 alts to get all the costume pieces is possible of course, but feels a but forced to me. Not everyone likes to play that many alts.
    aiqa said:

Maybe there is some source of Winter Charms I am missing, but they seem overly rare. You need a few hundred to get all the costume pieces but only get 3 from the daily mission. Buying them all with drifter salvage defeats the purpose of playing the event, and makes for very expensive costume pieces.

Yeah, in my opinion, they added it in to prevent people that hoarded the gifts from last year from just buying everything on day one.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The other problem is that the daily mission no longer gives gifts, which turns it all into an insane grind.
    BUG: the city center Clarence location is across the street from an Onslaught target, and they shoot at each other.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    aiqa said:

Using 16 alts to get all the costume pieces is possible of course, but feels a but forced to me. Not everyone likes to play that many alts.

Do you get any for doing Finkle Foundry? Or from Winter Presents?

Hmm. How much are the costume pieces? Hopefully it shouldn't take that many alts.

Are the charms tradeable between characters, like the previous winter items were? I kind of liked that idea, it made the whole thing seem... manageable.

edited December 2015

Do you get any for doing Finkle Foundry? Or from Winter Presents?

Hmm. How much are the costume pieces? Hopefully it shouldn't take that many alts.

Are the charms tradeable between characters, like the previous winter items were? I kind of liked that idea, it made the whole thing seem... manageable.

Each costume piece requires 15 charms, you get only 3 from the daily. The Jetpack is special, it requires 30, the vehicles each require 50, and the archetype requires 65. As for other sources, unknown.

Thought of something cool, but to late to add in. Special Event OVs!
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    soulforger wrote: »
    Each costume piece requires 15 charms, you get only 3 from the daily. The Jetpack is special, it requires 30, the vehicles each require 50, and the archetype requires 65. As for other sources, unknown.

Thought of something cool, but to late to add in. Special Event OVs!

Contrasting with the Nighthawk event, where costume parts were 100 favor, the vehicles were 500, and the AT was 650 and doing the daily mission got you 25 favor (plus 10 for the penthouse mission itself). So while it looks like we are getting a tenth of the event currency, the items are also a tenth in price so it's even... at least at this quick glance.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    kallethen said:

Contrasting with the Nighthawk event

Bear in mind that almost no-one actually ran the Nighthawk event other than the one rifle unlock.
    Contrasting with the Nighthawk event
    Bear in mind that almost no-one actually ran the Nighthawk event other than the one rifle unlock.

The Blood Moon also had similar numbers to Nighthawk for the event stores. What I'm saying is that it's about the same level of grind as we have seen.

As for how many ran through the grind... I'm only going to take your statement as anecdotal evidence, but I'll believe that the Nighthawk event didn't see as many people grinding for the costume pieces because the set has been available on the Z-store since Nighthawk first came out. So a good chunk of the playerbase probably already had them.​​

kallethen said:

The Blood Moon also had similar numbers to Nighthawk for the event stores.

Blood moon had crypt running.
    The Blood Moon also had similar numbers to Nighthawk for the event stores.
    Blood moon had crypt running.

And you could do the penthouse mission repeatedly on Nighthawk too. Really, I think I spent about the same amount of time and effort grinding for both ATs.​​

kallethen said:

Contrasting with the Nighthawk event, where costume parts were 100 favor, the vehicles were 500, and the AT was 650 and doing the daily mission got you 25 favor (plus 10 for the penthouse mission itself). So while it looks like we are getting a tenth of the event currency, the items are also a tenth in price so it's even... at least at this quick glance.​​

Actually, the winter charm cost is a tenth of the gift cost for each item. For example, the vehicles still require 500 of each gift item, PLUS 50 charms.
    kallethen said:

And you could do the penthouse mission repeatedly on Nighthawk too.

And took about five times as long.
  • aokimiaokimi Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ninja Leaves is still still broken. :cry:
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The items in the vendor are still overpriced. I know your hoping players will simply bypass the grind with Zen, but so far it's been one grindy event after another, eventually players are going to get burnt out. There is a reason why Asian grinders aren't very popular outside of Asia.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Looking forward to use the new powers for my Ice Shaman and Elemental Mage onion-25.gif
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Added male version of steampunk rocket boots.

OH YES! I can finally be a Male Bayonetta
    - Added Winter Charm currency.
    - Updated the daily mission to give 3 Winter Charms.
    - Updated the Drifter Toy Drive Pack to include 1 Winter Charm.
    - Updated winter rewards to include the new winter charm currency.

OH NO! Another new Currency, and this one will be hard to get as well!
    Additional Changes

WHY!?
    What's the Purpose of this? onion-43.gif
    Do you guys REALLY want to prevent people from Saving and opening Q boxes during Double Q weeks? Really Now? Consider the prices of the new Q store costumes as well

What will happen to the Stored Boxes of Q i have in a specific Character's Bank?

When are you guys gonna make Questionite storable in the Hideout Bank like Drifter Salvage?
    aiqa wrote: »

My ALTitis will finally pay off again (not really, getting tired farming with multiply characters)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I'm going to guess that Q boxes will open immediately upon moving from Bank to Inventory.

Someone should test this if possible. I never save Q boxes, myself.

I suppose the idea is to (slightly) cut down on Q supply. Maybe there was also a Q box exploit floating around.

As for the event and grinding: Isn't it okay if someone can't complete every single thing an event has to offer? Go for the things you really want this year, and get the other things next year?

Also, if the event begins today, and ends on the 31st, that is 3 weeks to get the currency.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • ladylunamoonladylunamoon Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I have to agree I dislike these changes. First, I have issue with is 150k q-nite! Really? I struggle to get enough as it is and sick of being told to spend my zen, I have other plans for that zen. It is ice material look for things already IN GAME, if you made all NEW costumes I understand (though wouldn't like the price) but this I find just painful. Second, Events, what is up with the grinding crap? PLEASE for the love of mmo gods please give us more ways to earn the tokens then ONE daily. Or increase how much we get from a daily. This event from what I am seeing is till dec 31 so its short and I like to complete the event instead of playing the oh well I guess I won't be getting that game again! I love events, I love collecting outfits and all the stuff cause its fun, gives me things to show off during that time but the grind is crushing the excitement.

Note: Someone said just get what you REALLY want. Some of us really hate that cause we want to COMPLETE the event. I get they want it to expand so we have more NEXT year but that's insanity to expect people to be happy and sit around waiting to complete things a year later. It's an event and in every game I've every played the events are created so you can do it all right then, not way later. Heck, even if I have stuff I still do events and give out the items to players who might have sadly missed the event due to Real Life.

As for the event and grinding: Isn't it okay if someone can't complete every single thing an event has to offer? Go for the things you really want this year, and get the other things next year?

Also, if the event begins today, and ends on the 31st, that is 3 weeks to get the currency.

Yes, it is ok for someone to not get everything in one go. But for those that want to get everything in one go, there should be better options than this. Plus, unless there is another way to get charms, no one will be able to buy the archetype this year as the archtype requires 65 charms, and 3 weeks of play will only net 63 charms.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User

Note: Someone said just get what you REALLY want. Some of us really hate that cause we want to COMPLETE the event. I get they want it to expand so we have more NEXT year but that's insanity to expect people to be happy and sit around waiting to complete things a year later. It's an event and in every game I've every played the events are created so you can do it all right then, not way later. Heck, even if I have stuff I still do events and give out the items to players who might have sadly missed the event due to Real Life.

I've still got a mission from when Lemurian Invasion came out with no contact to turn it in to should I choose to complete it. I keep it now in the event that I want to share it with a friend and run it for whatever reason.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User

Release Notes for FC.31.20151015.54

Would love if we could get questionite for the 5v5 hero games and ZA, even just a little now it's harder to buy your way to getting it. (I wouldn't suggest adding it to BASH because of how exploitable that is and player ran in a sense) Just a little request. :)
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Charms drop from the toy factory guys.. you can just keep doing that over and over. Not just the daily.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    Which toys? Only the ones inside Finkle? Or all enemy toys?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Charms drop from the toy factory guys.. you can just keep doing that over and over. Not just the daily.​​

Thats good to hear, after all, the charms are bound to character, instead of being tradeable.

That makes it even more of a grind. Especially with how some pugs can be.
    Bug: Completing the Black Harlequin alert won't always give you credit for the mission.

Second bug: Even when you do get credit for the mission and then upon leaving the alert you can lose that credit.
    The battling onslaught buff is being forced on players using aoes against Clarence.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    Wow, last hour winter patch .. and pushed to live. Lets see

- Making Naughty: Both Clarance and BH parts of the event are flaky with completing (BH will complete but not go green, Clarance seems to have a total damage/DPS issue to complete). There's a thread(s) with other problems too.
    - Making Naughty: was going to reward # of all winter components last patch, now only 3 winter tokens, should have components too as was planned. This is a major component loss.
    - Store: Items needing 3 of 5 and 2 of 5 of the total winter components should have proportional less tokens too, i.e. 6 for the gear, 9 for the costumes. (Your math is bad and you should feel sad?)

Or just dump the components requirements, KISS: turn in 10 of all = 1 token, 100 of all = 10 token .. yes I've ruined the grind calculations, but its the holidays and the "bash head at event X times" is already a boring trope in 2 events. This adds some flair since components are in presents giving a token source.

• tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    draogn said:

Bug: Completing the Black Harlequin alert won't always give you credit for the mission.

Second bug: Even when you do get credit for the mission and then upon leaving the alert you can lose that credit.

@ladygadfly Hi there, quoting this to help you keep this important technical issue is on your radar, just in case.

This is a problem on the Live server right now. Sometimes, in addition to not giving credit, the Alert also fails to give Rewards. Not sure if the 2 issues are related somehow, but maybe that's relevant to what causes the bug.

UPDATED: I've also just learned from @Liath in-game, this may be a display issue in the journal. Apparently, credit for the Black Harlequin does not show up until you Help Defeat Clarence. In other words, credit is given, just not shown.

CORRECTION: it does seem you have to Help Defeat Clarence, THEN do the Finkle Factory, for credit to be given. Even then...it doesn't show up properly.
    Post edited by tigerofcachtice on
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    edited December 2015
    There are way to many costume pieces that require Matching Pen and Pencil. Non of the other parts really matter, by the time you have enough Matching Pen and Pencil you'll have more than enough of all the other currency. I don't understand why there is even a mission for Charms, Charms are comparatively very fast to get.

Not even counting the AT or vehicles, just for all the costume pieces you need 1800 Matching Pen and Pencil. Since you get 5 of each currency for completing the alert or defeating Clarence, that means you need to do that 360 times. Adding in a vehicle and the AT that goes up to 2950 Matching Pen and Pencil, or 590 Clarence/Alert runs. Even if you are really going at it, with 10 alerts per hour, that takes like 59 hours of farming. That is waaaaaayyy to much time for an event held during christmas and that lasts "only" 3 weeks.

Buying all the costume, 1 vehicle and the AT costs 370 Charms. So getting 3 Charms per daily is just completely useless.
    Post edited by aiqa on
    aiqa said:

There are way to many costume pieces that require Matching Pen and Pencil. Non of the other parts really matter, by the time you have enough Matching Pen and Pencil you'll have more than enough of all the other currency.

You need all the pens and pencils to sign the paperwork to get the costumes ;)
    Bug: The daily mission doesn't show up for everyone, I have several alts who haven't completed it yet can't pick it up from the apprentice.

draogn said:

@ladygadfly Hi there, quoting this to help you keep this important technical issue is on your radar, just in case.

This is a problem on the Live server right now. Sometimes, in addition to not giving credit, the Alert also fails to give Rewards. Not sure if the 2 issues are related somehow, but maybe that's relevant to what causes the bug.

UPDATED: I've also just learned from @Liath in-game, this may be a display issue in the journal. Apparently, credit for the Black Harlequin does not show up until you Help Defeat Clarence. In other words, credit is given, just not shown.
    It isn't just a display issue. It's failed to give me credit for defeating Clarence and completing the alert. (The yellow ? does not appear above the apprentices head)

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Bug: Steampunk Goggles are supposed to have material (according to Kais)
    photo Champions Online_2015-12-10_23-35-53.png
    edited December 2015
    BUG: Mecha Soldiers' Attacks DO NOT Grand Knock Resistance stacks
    aiqa wrote: »
    There are way to many costume pieces that require Matching Pen and Pencil. Non of the other parts really matter, by the time you have enough Matching Pen and Pencil you'll have more than enough of all the other currency. I don't understand why there is even a mission for Charms, Charms are comparatively very fast to get.

Not even counting the AT or vehicles, just for all the costume pieces you need 1800 Matching Pen and Pencil. Since you get 5 of each currency for completing the alert or defeating Clarence, that means you need to do that 360 times. Adding in a vehicle and the AT that goes up to 2950 Matching Pen and Pencil, or 590 Clarence/Alert runs. Even if you are really going at it, with 10 alerts per hour, that takes like 59 hours of farming. That is waaaaaayyy to much time for an event held during christmas and that lasts "only" 3 weeks.

Buying all the costume, 1 vehicle and the AT costs 370 Charms. So getting 3 Charms per daily is just completely useless.

I'm really agreeing with this!
    This Event is incredible Grindy compared to Bloodmoon and Nighthawk​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited December 2015
    Suggestion: Please make the Daily "Make Naughty Nice" also grand 20-30 of each material

Right now the daily is Worthless! we are more in need of the Material than the Winter Charms​​
    I would love to be proven wrong in this, but I'm guessing the reason for the absurd costs is to encourage players to get drifter salvage.
    edited December 2015
    draogn said:

I would love to be proven wrong in this, but I'm guessing the reason for the absurd costs is to encourage players to get drifter salvage.

Even with salvage it's all overly expensive, getting a vehicle would cost you 500 salvage (and leave you with another 50 useless Charms).
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    BUG: March of the mecha toys- two of.
    Live
    1. Runs don't always show completion in the factory.

2. The mission shows alert complete while inside the factory. It then goes to incomplete outside

Mine was completed in the Finkle factory(after 4 alert runs) but since I didn't know here to hand it in, It's now incomplete again, after I left.

Mine -
    3 runs didn't register.
    4th run registered inside Finkle factpory but as soon as I left , it went back to not done.
    currently in hideout and it's listed as done again.
    left hideout, wen to incomplete again.

checked hand in anyway and the ?was above the guys head so I handed in.

so check the assistant, try going to hideout or another zone then come back​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User

Bug: Steampunk Goggles are supposed to have material (according to Kais)
    photo Champions Online_2015-12-10_23-35-53.png

How can I get height indicators in my tailor?
    aiqa said:

draogn said:

Even with salvage it's all overly expensive, getting a vehicle would cost you 500 salvage (and leave you with another 50 useless Charms).
    I completely agree, the prices are absurd. Especially following the last two events with their grinds.
    is the Mission Naughty to nice, meant to be a daily?
    I have now had it 4 times in 3 hrs.​​

draogn wrote: »

I do the alert again after clarence and the mission giver accepts it.
    also I have had it credit again after going to my hideout and back. It doens't show but you can hand it in.​​

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User

omfgg how do I quote single post here... Anyway I totally agree on the prices. Amount of grind is insane. AND most of these costume pieces dropped regularly in the alert. Now I have to get 150 pieces of each junk and Winter Charms to get em. Wow. New players wish they were here last year. Also:

BUG(?): I still have some of the costume pieces because I was here last year too. Before the event started, I put a Steampunk backpiece in AH. Now, after the event started I decided to pull it off and it disappeared. It didn't return to my inventory. I had the costume piece unlocked before this, so it just poofed.

Each defeat of Clarence is 5 of each winter material, as is each defeat of Black Harlequin.

So, 50 runs will net you enough for one good item. Dang! That's pretty grindy.

Looks like most folks will have to pick the one or two items they want from the event.

chaelk said:

draogn wrote: »

I do the alert again after clarence and the mission giver accepts it.

also I have had it credit again after going to my hideout and back. It doens't show but you can hand it in.​​

Not always, I've done the mission both before and after beating Clarence. (It took about 5 tries before Clarence gave credit) It doesn't matter, it still failed to give credit, and no I wasn't able to turn it in.
This discussion has been closed.