test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Optimized settings for Champions Online? /CRASHING

Ho'kay. So here is the thread.

Not sure where to put this thread but this seeems like a-okay place too.

I've gone thru three different computers, all with different parts. I have the same problem with all of em. The game crashes ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I can't blame the game just yet, but it seems really fishy. I am doing something wrong probably, because I can't clearly run this game.

I noticed that it always whines about memory. Now I have 16gb ram.

Hey, once I sent that full crash report. Took only 5 hours on my connection. The report file was almostt 2gb in size. I bet it's all text too which makes it funny.

HALP.

I've tried lowering graphics, using windowed/fullscreen, vsynch, removing auto-update. I dunno what to do.

No other game crashes like this.

GPU seems pretty hot tho (77 celsius during game), but why does it whine about the memory?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    terramorphterramorph Posts: 6 Arc User
    Unfortunately your computer RAM has nothing really to do with it. The game's internal memory has maybe an upper limit of 2GB (Or atleast that's about as much as I've observed) and is bound to crash extremely quickly if you're around a lot of players or a lot of FX at once. Especially if you're moving quickly into a scene with lots of FX going on (Which is why people crash a ton during Takofanes and other similar open world events)

As far as I can tell its a problem with the game itself, a problem that the devs will have to fix. It's been around for literally years, and it might be around for years still. Best thing you can do is probably adjust resolution. I notice I last longer at half-res.
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User

Unfortunately your computer RAM has nothing really to do with it. The game's internal memory has maybe an upper limit of 2GB (Or atleast that's about as much as I've observed) and is bound to crash extremely quickly if you're around a lot of players or a lot of FX at once. Especially if you're moving quickly into a scene with lots of FX going on (Which is why people crash a ton during Takofanes and other similar open world events)

As far as I can tell its a problem with the game itself, a problem that the devs will have to fix. It's been around for literally years, and it might be around for years still. Best thing you can do is probably adjust resolution. I notice I last longer at half-res.

That sucks. I think Fallout 3 had the same thing (Well, it wasn't really a problem, but there was a mod that allowed the game to utilize more of the system's memory. I think FO3 had it capped at 3gb)

But I guess that is not an easy fix.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    5hrs to send the 2gb file. what sort of connection are you using?
    my crashes lowered when I went from wireless to ethernet cable.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!