What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 11/19/2015

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
Release Notes for 11/19/2015

Onslaught Fixes
- Fixed issue with Onslaught reward token packs going into overflow. Now requires you to have an inventory slot available in order to accept reward.
- Nailed to the Ground: Now correctly affects Vehicles.
- Gravitar's Inversion Bolt now applies Nailed to the Ground to the primary target.
- Onslaught Supervillains gain a new debuff upon activating their device, Genetic Exhaustion. This debuff prevents the activation of further Villain devices, but it is removed if the player completes their time as a villain (either by dying or timing out).
- Onslaught Supervillains can now see through stealth and perception debuffs.
- Onslaught Supervillains will no longer benefit from the heal from Sentinel Mastery.
- Onslaught Supervillains will now apply Vile Challenge to players who block their basic attacks.
- Devices should no longer incorrectly have their effects persist when becoming an Onslaught Villain.
- Genetic Exhaustion is now correctly removed at the end of your villain time.
- Onslaught Villain travel powers no longer incorrectly cancel your villain time.

Costume Fixes
- Fixed Scifi soldier chest colors from bleeding into one another.
- Fixed a problem with the Avian set not unlocking the armored boots and winged gloves for females.
- Avian Costume Changed the unlock so it can be purchased in the Gold Subscriber store by silvers who have the 900 day perk.
- Capes are now in alphabetical order. Some capes have been renamed to indicate what category they belong to.
- All hairs now have access to Hair, Leather and Metal materials.
- Fixed Medusa hair from not coloring properly.
- Fixed Hipan Belt's texture.
- Updated NPC costumes using the hipan belt to use their correct texture.
- Fixed Dragon Armor Belt so it glows properly. Made it so its detail texture isn't required.
- Ravenswood Helmet beak can now be colored.
- Added cloth and leather materials to Gravitar Legs. Fixed metal material from displaying as leather.

Additional Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that could cause some players to disconnect from the server.
- Added a temporary store to the vehicle upgrade vendor that will allow you to exchange your mk1 incendiary rounds for a mk2 version.
- Incendiary Rounds Mark 1 now properly displays as mark 1. Its range, target cap, have been adjusted to be in line with a mark 1 version. The taunt has been removed.
- Nighthawk Penthouse - Fixed issue where pets entering the trigger volume for the downstairs lobby cut-scene prevented players from progressing further in the mission.
- Powers: Darkness: Endbringer's Grasp: This power no longer incorrectly ticks for much more damage than expected. It will now deal an appropriate amount of damage for its intended effect.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    More improvements, bug fixes and costume fixes! Nice!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User

Nerfed snowballs.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    CUMBqRjWIAALp55.png

Nerfed snowballs.

3e3.jpg

BOOOOO! That was uncalled Nerf​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    How was snowball nerfed?

Bigger issue: Endbringer's Grasp no longer does enough damage to make it worthwhile.
    At level 35+, you can temporarily control trash mobs (Henchmen and Villains).
    This will occasionally make alerts take longer as your team waits for the effect to wear off.

Likely will dump Endbringer's Grasp on the two toons of mine that have it. Just go back to Gravity Driver, or take yet another Active Defense.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    I agree, the Endbringer's Grasp should NOT have been NERFED like that, the Corruption Mind Control will only cause Problems

Shame to see such Visually beautiful "ULTIMATE" get downgraded like that, what a shame onion-15.gif

At least Mind Link won't feel lonely now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    So you made EG useless, and being a hero fighting OVs even worse unless you've got a super build. What's next?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm pleased to see these patch notes, and yes.

That includes Endbringer's Grasp adjustments.

Endbringer's Grasp was designed to introduce a highly sought after mechanic (at least in crowd controller's eyes), "Super Roid Confuse" / Faction Conversion.

I am pleased that this ability will be more apparent with lower damage values, however, I do also see the issue with "non Henchman and Villain Targets" vs Endbringer's Grasp.

At the end of the day, the power still does damage, which you can compound with your own, so in my own opinion this is a welcome change.

So thanks again Dev Team! :smile:

(I would have probably held off on VC, but since we have immunity incoming it won't be too irritating)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    There should have been an OPTION here, if the Corruption control was an ADV instead of something in the power by Default

Endbringer's Grasp
    • Do you want to deal the maximum DAMAGE with this Ultimate?
      Then Rank it to Rank 3
    • Do you want to MIND CONTROL trash mobs which will die anyway? possible slowlying down your team? and bugging the alert?
      Pick the Corruption ADV, in return the power deals less damage

NOT THIS! I like this power for the animation visuals and the good damage but I HATED the CC effect onion-68.gif
    The corruption effect is super situational, I prefered the damage with a power with such cooldown​​
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    One question after reading the patch notes:

What are the folks who like to complain about "never getting bug fixes" going to whine about now?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    The bug fixes. What else?
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    Wait, we can now use metal hair?

Cool.​​
  • Options
    seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User

Wait, we can now use metal hair?

Cool.​​

That's metal.

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User

Well my squishy toons just got squishier and there's one more reason to just focus on dps and defense builds.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Nice bug fixes! I think people were asking for you guys to do this for a while and I'm glad you are.
  • Options

Endbringer's Grasp was designed to introduce a highly sought after mechanic (at least in crowd controller's eyes), "Super Roid Confuse" / Faction Conversion.

I am pleased that this ability will be more apparent with lower damage values, however, I do also see the issue with "non Henchman and Villain Targets" vs Endbringer's Grasp.

At the end of the day, the power still does damage, which you can compound with your own, so in my own opinion this is a welcome change.

(I would have probably held off on VC, but since we have immunity incoming it won't be too irritating)

When will this power (only chosen at level 35+) actually be useful, Ravenforce? A few missions on Monster Island where the mobs would die faster without putting them on your side? Against Rampage bosses? Against alerts that are brimming with Enforcers? How about timed alerts where mobs that have become friendly just run the clock?

I guess it could be useful in Skycarrier Defense.

I am not being sarcastic, just pointing out the very limited use of this power. It would be better suited, at this point, to just being a tier 4 power (with a bit smaller area and only 5 targets).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

When will this power (only chosen at level 35+) actually be useful, Ravenforce? A few missions on Monster Island where the mobs would die faster without putting them on your side? Against Rampage bosses? Against alerts that are brimming with Enforcers? How about timed alerts where mobs that have become friendly just run the clock?

I am not being sarcastic, just pointing out the very limited use of this power. It would be better suited, at this point, to just being a tier 4 power (with a bit smaller area and only 5 targets).
    There are many powers that fall into the category of "when will this be useful" does that make any of them useless? No. Does it mean no one will ever find them useful? No. Just because it doesn't fit the misguided notion of "deal a ton of damage" does not mean it's any less of a power now than it was before.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    cubicledextercubicledexter Posts: 5 Arc User
    Does "seeing through stealth" include the stealth from teleportation travel powers, as well as powers that are supposed to protect me, like Evasive Maneuvers? I assume it does. Those last few GT are going to be painful to get.

I can see how these effects could easily be abused, but as it stands now, you either go at the OSV with a defensive power (or equivalent defenses on an uberbuild) slotted, or you just die. This is fair-ish, as I know I'm trading defense for more damage, but these are players and there's no aggro control. As soon as an OSV learns that any particular character is an easy kill, then that character is going to fall flat every thirty seconds or so.

Overall, I like the changes, even if some of them make living much harder. I hope future consideration will be put into making "tanks" look like juicier targets. Side note: I have no idea what Vile Challenge does, so if that fixes the above concerns, then yay!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

Does "seeing through stealth" include the stealth from teleportation travel powers, as well as powers that are supposed to protect me, like Evasive Maneuvers? I assume it does. Those last few GT are going to be painful to get.

I can see how these effects could easily be abused, but as it stands now, you either go at the OSV with a defensive power (or equivalent defenses on an uberbuild) slotted, or you just die. This is fair-ish, as I know I'm trading defense for more damage, but these are players and there's no aggro control. As soon as an OSV learns that any particular character is an easy kill, then that character is going to fall flat every thirty seconds or so.

And presumably they will eventually learn that dropping the same toon over and over nets them precisely zip. When you respawn, it's with a timer that prevents OVs from gaining anything for killing you again while it's running. Meanwhile, all the harder targets are still hitting them...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    raighn said:

There are many powers that fall into the category of "when will this be useful" does that make any of them useless? No. Does it mean no one will ever find them useful? No. Just because it doesn't fit the misguided notion of "deal a ton of damage" does not mean it's any less of a power now than it was before.

I didn't say that only doing more damage would work. I've offered two suggestions in this thread:

1. Increase damage to halfway between the old and new versions
    2. Make the power just a tier 4, and not an Ultimate

Also,

3. Allow the power to affect Enforcers and Supervillains

I guess what I'm saying, @raighn , is that this sorta puts Endbringer's Grasp into the same set of powers like Dimensional Fracture, which do what they say, but are highly underperforming for an Ultimate you can only take at level 35+.

• Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    avianos said:

I agree, the Endbringer's Grasp should NOT have been NERFED like that, the Corruption Mind Control will only cause Problems

Shame to see such Visually beautiful "ULTIMATE" get downgraded like that, what a shame onion-15.gif

At least Mind Link won't feel lonely now​​

Hey hey...watch that tone about my lovely Mind Link. :p
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited November 2015

@roughbearmattach & @avianos

I'm not trying to over inflate it's value in combat, I only use it on one of my most recent characters who has a concept which can fit the power in.

I do agree it's a very niche ultimate, which is why I did suggest (on PTS forums) that it was adjusted to also convert Enforcer rank foes.

^ However, I don't think that is possible right now because the "Faction Conversion" effect is keyed specifically to very weak foes, so once they regain control of themselves they aren't too much of an issue (for players).

I guess that if enemies took a significant hit to HP, post corruption duration, that would increase it's usefulness as well, but in the main I use it in missions (haven't tried alerts yet) and still even post nerf, more often than not, enemies die outright before being converted.

I will say, the kind of Ultimate "everyone" was hoping EG would be, would (IMO) be better suited to a revamp of Planar Fracture. Give that power high DoT Damage in a large radius, in addition to the random debuff it places on enemies.

I would not support this power's Faction Conversion effect, affecting anything over Enforcer (so Master Villain and Super Villain would be out of the question). Reason for this is that Manipulator should be the only thing which allows for CC on higher level targets.

In light of the change, I would like to see a condition added to EG where:

1) Corruption works on Henchmen to Villain - Lasts 30 seconds (up from 21 seconds).

2) Enforcer and Master Villain, Other Champions (Players), Super Villain, Legendary & Cosmic rank foes, suffer from Disturbia. Disturbia is a debuff which decreases their resistance to Paranormal Damage from any source by 20%/40%/60% (Rank 1/2/3 respectively) for 30 seconds and reduces their movement speed by 50%. Disturbia lasts for 30 seconds.

To me that would still allow for EG to be called an Ultimate ability. It is just an Ultimate which is more utility focused than anything else.

• Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

Well my squishy toons just got squishier and there's one more reason to just focus on dps and defense builds.

The main issue was probably the perception debuffs, which could prevent the OVs from targeting anything.
  • Options
    @Ravenforce, I'm saying that though you rightly point out that EG is now a utility power, it's actual usefulness is very, very low.

A power that can only be taken by level 35+ toons, whose main effect is to control trash mobs, just isn't very useful.

Your proposed changes would be fine--applying a nice debuff to tougher foes would work, and would keep it as a utility power.

I just wish it was useful against foes that actually count in most fights and missions at high level: Enforcers, Supervillains, and Bosses.

Oh well. Neither your suggestions nor mine were taken. I will remove it from my two toons that have it the next time I log on.
    One will go back to Gravity Driver (a much better Utility power), and the other will likely grab an AD he doesn't have, like Masterful Dodge. Meh.

• Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    raighn said:

It's an Ultimate, it's supposed to do a ton of damage, or why call it an ultimate? Personally, I feel they should have left the damage, but brought up the CC a tad bit, as to balance it out. I also feel they need to buff all ultimate's damage by abit to make them more worthwhile and get rid of this notion that all Ults should have low damage, because the current ones do.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

It's an Ultimate, it's supposed to do a ton of damage, or why call it an ultimate? Personally, I feel they should have left the damage, but brought up the CC a tad bit, as to balance it out. I also feel they need to buff all ultimate's damage by abit to make them more worthwhile and get rid of this notion that all Ults should have low damage, because the current ones do.

Considering like Rank 3 Ebon Rift doing ~ the Same as Planer Fracter for a tenth of it's cooldown, needs to be considered bumping up the damage for Ultimates for it's cooldown. (UR is fine as it is)

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

It's an Ultimate, it's supposed to do a ton of damage, or why call it an ultimate?

Ultimates are supposed to do something impressive, but that something doesn't have to be damage. The problem is that the mind control effect... isn't very impressive.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

My guess is that the devs are planning for future content. At least according to the recent State of the Game announcement we can expect tougher enemies and challenges. So in the current game that mechanic might not be so awesome -- but if future content has tougher to beat mobs you might be very thankful for some crowd control mechanic.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options

but if future content has tougher to beat mobs you might be very thankful for some crowd control mechanic.​​

That is a truly wonderful thought ~
  • Options
    Hmm...I wonder how it works inside a level 40 lair like Andrith.

Sadly, I would only be doing Andrith to see if Endbringer's Grasp were effective there. Still going to dump it.

Weak damage + interesting CC effect =/= good power

• Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Still going to dump it.

Weak damage + interesting CC effect =/= good power

Agreed

Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    I find it really hard to take ya'll seriously when you try to claim that:

I didn't say that only doing more damage would work.

When you repeatedly state that the power needs to do more damage to be useful or considered an ultimate.

So EG doesn't do tremendous amounts of damage anymore, big whoop. The power is a CC Ult first and foremost, It's the first and byfar best CC improvement we have gotten in years. Could the CC effect use some improvements? Certainly. Does the damage need to be buffed back up? No, not really.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015

A power that can only be taken by level 35+ toons, whose main effect is to control trash mobs, just isn't very useful.

Your proposed changes would be fine--applying a nice debuff to tougher foes would work, and would keep it as a utility power.

I just wish it was useful against foes that actually count in most fights and missions at high level: Enforcers, Supervillains, and Bosses.

@raighn
    You may have missed this message.
    Ravenforce's suggestion would be good, but my bolded point still stands. It doesn't need to do more damage to be useful in tough fights. It just needs to be useful in tough fights. Otherwise, it's not much of an Ultimate Power (like most of the others).

• Options
    cubicledextercubicledexter Posts: 5 Arc User
    jonsills said:

And presumably they will eventually learn that dropping the same toon over and over nets them precisely zip. When you respawn, it's with a timer that prevents OVs from gaining anything for killing you again while it's running. Meanwhile, all the harder targets are still hitting them...
    I did note "every thirty seconds". It's right up there in the last paragraph of the block you quoted.

Also, that debuff seems to be a bit wishy-washy. It doesn't always stick. Either that, or my perception of thirty seconds is really, really off.

I'll also add that, debuff or no debuff, it's just good tactics to take an easy kill when that easy kill is doing lots of damage. If the OSV player recognizes that a high-damage character is beating on them, and the OSV player knows how easy it is to kill that character, it's smart to kill that character. The OSV can take thirty seconds of damage or they can just stomp them outright.

Either way, I'm dead. It sounds like Evasive Maneuvers and Teleport won't save me anymore.
  • Options
    I think your perception of 30s is really, really off... I'm fairly certain that the Defeated debuff lasts atleast 1 minute...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    Really? Snowballs? So its intended to use your permanent device, made for fun stuff, as little as possible? At least reduce the cooldown of Dried Mistletoe to 30 then. Bolstering the "always nerfs never buffs" narrative.

Can we get the Ultimate to do increased damage against targets that are resistant against the Crowd Control effect? Preventing content where CC is most needed from being used at all is another disappointing trend that continues in this game.​​
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User

Can we get the Ultimate to do increased damage against targets that are resistant against the Crowd Control effect? Preventing content where CC is most needed from being used at all is another disappointing trend that continues in this game.​​

^This. In sooooo many games CC is useless because it is never allowed to work on the foes that you NEED it to work on. Same here. At LEAST you could offer some sort of good debuff or extra damage to those immune things so that by nerfing the damage you do not just basically make it worthless.

For anyone who is suggesting that trying to make its CC power stronger at the cost of its damage is some kind of good trade-off you are just simply wrong. Why? Because the CC only effects the weakest enemies. What is better? A dead weak enemy or a weak enemy that will lightly sting stronger enemies briefly? You guessed it... Dead. I would much rather just kill off the trash mobs then have them fight for me for a brief time. There is basically no situation where being able to turn weak trash mobs to your side briefly is really going to help. At the very least if they died afterward guaranteed then that would be sliiightly better.

Annoyingly I do use this on one character and I really liked it for the Fear applications, damage, and its animation. Now I will need to get rid of it and that is not going to be easy because I do not have any retrain tokens and I did not leave it as the very last power. So great. Now I have to work up a load of G's because they made this thing more of a liability than a benefit. Thanks a lot... *Heavy Sarcasm*
  • Options

Annoyingly I do use this on one character and I really liked it for the Fear applications, damage, and its animation. Now I will need to get rid of it and that is not going to be easy because I do not have any retrain tokens and I did not leave it as the very last power. So great. Now I have to work up a load of G's because they made this thing more of a liability than a benefit. Thanks a lot... *Heavy Sarcasm*

Sadly, I did this, too. I didn't think the power would be changed so greatly, so it is the first or second power on one of my toons, who lacks a retrain token.

• Options
    Fun fact. Endbringer's Grasp's Faction conversion effect is only keyed to normal enemies. As a result it does not work on Skull Tech enemies.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gradii said:

jonsills said:

I did note "every thirty seconds". It's right up there in the last paragraph of the block you quoted.

Also, that debuff seems to be a bit wishy-washy. It doesn't always stick. Either that, or my perception of thirty seconds is really, really off.

I'll also add that, debuff or no debuff, it's just good tactics to take an easy kill when that easy kill is doing lots of damage. If the OSV player recognizes that a high-damage character is beating on them, and the OSV player knows how easy it is to kill that character, it's smart to kill that character. The OSV can take thirty seconds of damage or they can just stomp them outright.

Either way, I'm dead. It sounds like Evasive Maneuvers and Teleport won't save me anymore.
    These ill conceived changes to OVs have made me decide to take another break from CO. as it stands now STO is a far superior and better looked after game.

I used to have fun fighting, and yes being defeated by OVs. but this is excessive and changes a tough fight into a "why bother" fight. So long Onslaught it had potential but they ruined it as expected.
    I on the other hand am going to start playing more, so the population won't change at all. One out, one in :smiley:
  • Options

Fun fact. Endbringer's Grasp's Faction conversion effect is only keyed to normal enemies. As a result it does not work on Skull Tech enemies.

Actually... It is bugged it seems because I have gotten it to work on Skulls yesterday. Now if that bug extends to higher level enemies then I will shut up immediately and be fine with the change LOL. B)
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Actually... It is bugged it seems because I have gotten it to work on Skulls yesterday. Now if that bug extends to higher level enemies then I will shut up immediately and be fine with the change LOL. B)

If it's got a level check (in addition to a rank check), it might be using the real (hidden) level of skull tech enemies.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I'm using mine at level 40 vs Nighthawk Thugs in open world. Doesn't appear to be working on my end. What were the circumstances you used yours in?

EDIT: Just tried it again, post patch and it's now working on Skull Tech enemies. :confused:
  • Options

>
    I'm using mine at level 40 vs Nighthawk Thugs in open world. Doesn't appear to be working on my end. What were the circumstances you used yours in?

EDIT: Just tried it again, post patch and it's now working on Skull Tech enemies. :confused:

Mine was on a lvl 40 character against Nighthawk's goons. It seemed to just work on them decently reliably. So I wonder what the deal is there.