test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I think Nintendo just broke the internet and a ton of fanbois

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
I know not a lot of Nintendo fans, but the character they just announced for Smash I think just broke the internet. I know I wasn't expecting him, and he certainly isn't my favorite but I know for many this is the game that got them into RPGs in general when it debuted on the PS1.

My speculation, I think Nintendo and Square finally mended their fences and along with the plans of Dragon Quest being on the NX they might actually be announcing other properties for the NX as well. This actually has me intrigued, since Square generally only goes to the power house consoles.
​​
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Final Fantasy 7 was an RPG? Coulda fooled me!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Ah Yes, I remember when I could play Final Fantasy 7 in a Nintendo Console (well if you exclude Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories)

but seriously, this caught me off Guard, I wasn't expecting that character at all

Inb4 @nepht

Meanwhile in the Smash community
    b9e.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I guess since Cloud made an appearance in a Kingdom Hearts game that happens to be on the DS consoles, he qualifies to be in the roster? Even more so than Sora who is a main character in that franchise?

I can understand the backlash to a degree since there is still much more than a handful of Nintendo first-party franchise characters who could have deservedly been added in place of Cloud.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I guess since Cloud made an appearance in a Kingdom Hearts game that happens to be on the DS consoles, he qualifies to be in the roster? Even more so than Sora who is a main character in that franchise?

I can understand the backlash to a degree since there is still much more than a handful of Nintendo first-party franchise characters who could have deservedly been added in place of Cloud.

Few actually complained about Sora, most threads I read were glad Sora was not it, but since the poll still has yet to come up anyways I don't think that's an issue. The real thing is people are shocked about Cloud being in Smash. Considering the revelation of this and timing, this has me believing, combined with Square saying Dragon Quest is going to the NX, that they might have plans for FF15 and possibly FF7 Remake appearing on the NX. We won't know until 2016 since Nintendo has said they won't be talking about the NX until then.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Yeah and theres another Smash announcement in December mentioned. I bet its Snake. I would lose my sh*t having Cloud, Mario, Snake and Ryu in the same game @_@"

If its Snake in December I hope they go with Venom Snake as his rocket fist would be perfect for Smash Bros :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Few actually complained about Sora, most threads I read were glad Sora was not it, but since the poll still has yet to come up anyways I don't think that's an issue. The real thing is people are shocked about Cloud being in Smash. Considering the revelation of this and timing, this has me believing, combined with Square saying Dragon Quest is going to the NX, that they might have plans for FF15 and possibly FF7 Remake appearing on the NX. We won't know until 2016 since Nintendo has said they won't be talking about the NX until then.​​

I'm personally not that concerned, and could personally care less about what's about to happen for the NX, because I don't think it's fair for the current Wii U platform. I'm aware that Nintendo wants very much to launch the NX as soon as possible and leave the Wii U and its shameful performance in the market behind, but Smash 4 is on the Wii U, focus should still be on the Wii U. Ryu makes sense since he's from an iconic SNES game. The new hyped Wii U Xenoblade game where Shulk is from is underway so it makes sense he's in the roster. Snake in the past at least had his beginning on the NES. Megaman obviously too. Sonic has for the longest time been welcomed and adopted into the Nintendo family. Even inkling girl / boy from newest first-party Nintendo IP Splatoon has some presence in Smash 4. Cloud?....wait, he's an iconic character who has had any real presence on a playstation game and has yet to establish any form of real notoriety on any Nintendo game like the other third-party IPs have.

Smash is supposed to be an all-stars Nintendo party fighter game and I'd prefer that they stayed true to that concept. Kudos to those who see Cloud as a good addition, but again as mentioned I still think it's only right that they focus on the Nintendo side of things when it comes to DLC character additions.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    mash is supposed to be an all-stars Nintendo party fighter game and I'd prefer that they stayed true to that concept.

Actually Smash is an All-Stars video game fighter, not just Nintendo.
    because I don't think it's fair for the current Wii U platform.

I don't see your point in this line. Since people seem to be wanting Nintendo to have a horse power machine instead of a fun game machine these days.​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    I want Squall and Lightning in smash :P
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    I want a new Crono Trigger game.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I want a new Crono Trigger game.​​

OMG why the hell isnt Crono in Smash already? ._.

Squall and Lightning isnt a troll btw they would fit a fighting game better than they would a 100 hour rpg. Lightning's acrobatic skills would fit well with Smash.

Other FF characters I would like to see aside from the 'Roth are Yuffie and Garland.

Characters from other RPGs I think that would fit are The Dragonborn from TES and Cosmo from Xenosaga.

( Ima one of those Cosmo fanatics that remake her when playing Xenoblade Chronicles X )