test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CANCELLED - "Shining Lights"

ilztasilztas Posts: 95 Arc User
Okay, I've been recycling this old group of mine long enough. I think I'm ready to finally scrap it (after the existing members take what they wish of the vault), and... either join an existing group and attempt to find myself a place, or just stop with groups altogether. There's specifics, I'm an advisor, not a leader.

If I were smart, I'd stop trying to make a group of my own and join an existing one, but I'm too stubborn for that.

I'm also terribly picky.

...So here we go. Instead of thinking about a group of spellcasters or various adventurers, I want this group to simply be about helping people. Whether they're lost and need a guide, having trouble completing missions, need people to fill up alert/rampage queues, or other little things, we'll be available to assist.

I took forever to think up a name, due to my picky nature. I was thinking, like...... a "light in the darkness", or a "beacon of hope", and then the thought "Shining Force" came to mind, but...

1. that's a Sega Genesis game (even if it's over a decade old), and
2. it's taken.

I tried looking up other words for "samaritan" or "humanitarian", and briefly considered H.O.P.E. as a group name, but I started overthinking it, and actually it seems that's used for a lot of organization names, plus what I and others assembled, "Helping Our People Excel", is an actual thing apparently.

I was reeeeeeally stuck on "Shining" though for some reason, so last night I figured I'd just go with that and take that bit of being a "light in the darkness", and here we are.

Shining Lights

Admittedly I still feel a little odd about it, being me, but some people've approved of it, and I perhaps just need to let it sink in.

I didn't get much assistance in the past (though I didn't really ask for it either, of course), but I'm hoping that this can be a group where people will help it grow. Sorta "by the people, for the people", I guess. Let me know if you're interested in the idea in-game, I'll be on as @ilztas. If I'm not online, just find an UNTIL terminal and mail me a message, I'll get back to you.
Post edited by ilztas on

Comments