test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sonic-Based Archtypes

I looked around in freeform and thought to myself "There are not alot of sonic based powers...". Sooo I thought a few ideas for a couple of zen store sonic-based archtypes, they are:

The Musician ((Hybrid: Range Damage or Support))

The powers labeled with ** have swappable instruments selections much like chest, palm, head & fist you get selection of musical instruments such as Keyboard ((chest)), Guitar ((Palm)), Flute or Horn ((Head)) & Horn ((Fist)). It is probably easier for developers to make psionic or holo-instruments but having instrument skins would be much cooler.

**Power Builder: Allegro - You play the first note hard before increasing tempo later.

**Accelerando - Attack and increase speed over time. ((best as the first non-energy builder power))

Cymbals: Strike two Metal Cymbals together for a ranged aoe to stun those foes sorrounding you.

Harp: Heal your friend or friends with a soothing melody from the strings of this serene instrument.

That's all the powers I thought of so far on a whim.

Comments

• needsmoardakkaneedsmoardakka Posts: 11 Arc User
    Like a...super-bard, of some sort? Interesting idea. With a bit of fleshing out, this has got a ton of potential! Sonic damage seems fairly rare in this game and I don't think I can think of any sonic-damage attacks that are actually, y'know. Good.
  • vixentalkervixentalker Posts: 9 Arc User

Like a...super-bard, of some sort? Interesting idea. With a bit of fleshing out, this has got a ton of potential! Sonic damage seems fairly rare in this game and I don't think I can think of any sonic-damage attacks that are actually, y'know. Good.

Well there is the sonic arrow from the archery powerset. shockwave from the unarmed-tank powerset, and 2 sonic guns from gadgeteer powerset.
  • herodad1herodad1 Posts: 270 Arc User
    It totally agree.... we need a Sonic Arch. Maybe call that Arch... The Sound or Voice. I like the effect the sonic guns have. This character could have sonic armor,a sonic mutant, or sonic gadgets. like fire / cold breath he could emit sonic attack by mouth as those do. Or a tight white noise beam similar to DC'S Cyborg. The possibilities are endless with him. Even give him a sonic punch. Also.... give him his own travel power. Super Sonic flight.
  • vixentalkervixentalker Posts: 9 Arc User
    herodad1 said:

It totally agree.... we need a Sonic Arch. Maybe call that Arch... The Sound or Voice. I like the effect the sonic guns have. This character could have sonic armor,a sonic mutant, or sonic gadgets. like fire / cold breath he could emit sonic attack by mouth as those do. Or a tight white noise beam similar to DC'S Cyborg. The possibilities are endless with him. Even give him a sonic punch. Also.... give him his own travel power. Super Sonic flight.

Or maybe vocal and call it "The Siren" but that sounds abit too feminine.