test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Dragon" legacy costume item - does this actually exist?

morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
According to the all costumes list, the "Dragon Bracer" costume can be unlocked with a legacy costume unlock named "Dragon". I've never seen this item in the AH, and I even went to PTR and opened... around a hundred legacy costume packs to see if it existed; it didn't drop for me on PTR, though that could just be bad luck.

Has anyone seen this item, or is it another casualty of the same sorts of bugs that removed some of the bird people costume parts?

Comments

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    I think the dragon bracers are from the Hi Pan custom alert, or atleast they can drop there.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    You're thinking "Dragon Armor Bracer", which is a totally different item. The one I'm looking for is just "Dragon" - link provided by Kaizerin's costume list thread. It looks like the Takofanes bracer, but without the built-in red aura effect.

Apologies for the confusion; I should've provided a link in the original post - didn't think to because, well, I knew what I was talking about, therefore it was clearly obvious, right? >.<
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    morigosa said:

You're thinking "Dragon Armor Bracer", which is a totally different item. The one I'm looking for is just "Dragon" - link provided by Kaizerin's costume list thread. It looks like the Takofanes bracer, but without the built-in red aura effect.

Apologies for the confusion; I should've provided a link in the original post - didn't think to because, well, I knew what I was talking about, therefore it was clearly obvious, right? >.<</p>

That is one of the old craftable Mysticism items, so it should be in the legacy costume boxes from the drifter or someone selling it in the AH. Should be even just be called Dragon Bracers, i atleast know one is the Dragon Necklace going by the same name which also is a legacy one and was also old craftable one.

Old wiki archive still works atleast also.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20130925023416/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Dragon
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    There is also the Takofanes version, which is still available as a drop during the current event.

Link

This version comes with a non-tintable red chaos aura.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    Agreed that it should be in the legacy costume boxes. I don't think it is, though, and so far I'm seeing nobody able to confirm that it actually exists. The purpose of this thread was to try and gather evidence enough to justify bug reporting its absence. Thinking that - next time I have the time - I'll go open another hundred legacy boxes on the test realm and if I still don't see it, it's bug report time.

In the meantime, if I want this unlock (and I do*), it looks like I'll need to try and find one of the legacy unlocks listed in ansemthedark's link. (Thanks for that, by the way! Useful.)

* Footnote: For the record, I do already have the Takofanes version. Useful piece, but a bit more niche than the aura-free version.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    morigosa said:

Agreed that it should be in the legacy costume boxes. I don't think it is, though, and so far I'm seeing nobody able to confirm that it actually exists.

I just opened 94 Legacy boxes on PTS and no Dragon Bracer, but multples of 15 other costume pieces.

morigosa said:

Agreed that it should be in the legacy costume boxes. I don't think it is, though, and so far I'm seeing nobody able to confirm that it actually exists.

I just opened 94 Legacy boxes on PTS and no Dragon Bracer, but multples of 15 other costume pieces.
    Just got done opening 100 legacy boxes on PTS, same results - 15 other pieces (at least 3 of each), no Dragon bracer. Going to go file a bug report now.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    morigosa said:

morigosa said:

Just got done opening 100 legacy boxes on PTS, same results - 15 other pieces (at least 3 of each), no Dragon bracer. Going to go file a bug report now.
    Yes the item exists, maybe not in the legacy boxes but it does. I know because I have it (unbound) for sale. If you are interested send me a message in game @Nightrod
    Interesting! Will definitely toss you a message in-game when I get on this evening.

I'm also curious if you have any idea when you acquired that? We've had a number of issues where things existed and then later seemingly-randomly vanished (bird people legs, arcane tattoos skin texture for face, etc.) - so I'm not willing to discount the notion that this item did, at one point, drop, and was then accidentally removed.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    morigosa said:

Interesting! Will definitely toss you a message in-game when I get on this evening.

I'm also curious if you have any idea when you acquired that? We've had a number of issues where things existed and then later seemingly-randomly vanished (bird people legs, arcane tattoos skin texture for face, etc.) - so I'm not willing to discount the notion that this item did, at one point, drop, and was then accidentally removed.

Well bird people legs were NEVER a drop it's a veteran reward. Arcane tattoos were a lockbox item so it was available while ppl opened that lockbox. Those items are not drops per say but either exclusive to veteran rewards or lockbox RNG and then the AH/trade.

The way I obtained the dragon bracers is simple, I still have them because I have the crafted item from back in the day when you could craft them about 1-2 years ago. As such, it's again not a drop but a crafted item which grants a costume on equipping it.
    Oh! I thought you were talking about the "Dragon" item that's supposed to drop from the legacy boxes. Okay, yes, if you've got one of the crafted unlocks for this, that makes sense, and I'll definitely want to buy it off you (assuming I can scrape up enough globals to afford such a thing!)
    edited December 2015
    Just ran some numbers - if we assume the legacy box drops all 16 items it's supposed to at an even rate, the odds of opening 190 boxes and getting no dragon bracers is about 0.00025%. I think it's safe to say this thing is bugged.

(Aside: Sadly, Nightrod turned out to have the legacy unlock for the dragon necklace, but not the bracers. So I'm still looking for this thing.)

Edit from many days later: Yay, this is purchaseable off the Q store now. Huzzah!
    Post edited by morigosa on