test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What massive development would you like to see in CO?

stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
I'm actually just kinda curious since there are things we've stopped talking about because they were deemed unfeasible.... but if the following were feasible, what would you want the most?

What massive development would you like to see in CO? 102 votes

Foundry/Mission Editor
47% 48 votes
New Zone (Missions, Crisis & Lair)
15% 16 votes
Nemesis Onslaught Villains
0% 0 votes
Expanded Build System (Allow Leveling Multiple Powersets/Specilization Trees)
7% 8 votes
New Adventure Pack
1% 2 votes
Massive Play-as-a-Villain Expansion
12% 13 votes
Action Figure Fighting Mini-Game
0% 0 votes
Companions/Duty Officer/Follower Style Mini-Game
2% 3 votes
Super Group Hideouts (Guild halls)
8% 9 votes
Expand Alerts to a Lobby-Style PUG Queuing for Adventure packs, Open Misions And Lairs
2% 3 votes
«13

Comments

  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    There's a lot I would like to see. My two biggest being new zones (plural) with lairs and such added in. Champion is a big universe and setting and it's stagnating. You are talking more than 30 years of content here.

    I would also love the Foundry to, but it would have to be expanded on to allow the creators to make boss style encounters or even tougher type content. Especially those of us who want to tell a story.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,675 Arc User
    I would pick Foundry/Mission Editor. Because even with that we can make our own missions and maybe even play as a villain. I've seen it happen in Neverwinter. Cryptic should seriously consider it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    __________________________________________________________________
    Alts:
    Lord Sans (Full Healer FF)/Axel Leonard (Crowd Controller/Off-Tank)
    - - - - - -
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    I already have four stories just waiting for the day a Foundry exists here, including two that were pretty popular with my players back in college (for one of them, I'll need some art assets from Neverwinter, but...).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    Companion /Sidekick system using my own character roster please.

  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I have to admit, this is a little bit of a push-poll. I just wanted to make sure the developers know "Yeah, still we want X feature, even if we stopped spamming the forums with it."

    IMHO, a foundry is kinda essential because it keeps the game fresh and interesting between updates. Otherwise the playerbase will be just people who don't like changes and complain every update. ;3 After that I'd have to say expanded build system, then follower mini-game, then new zone...​​
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    Yeah, Foundry.
    _____________

    @dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'd like to see what was originally promised during the alpha and beta stages where powers had weaknesses and strengths against other powers. Such as water vs fire, etc. There will be a 'wheel' and depending on the powers to your left and right it would signify your strengths and weaknesses to a power. The closer to you, the more similar the power, the further away on the wheel the more different.

    Originally I was told that there would be weakness like Superman has Kryptonite but that is a little off. I think you could add in objects which were a weakness to a person. My original suggestion was that if a hero took a weakness then they would gain more for their strength. However the weakness would need to be a complete opposite but equal to your strength, thus negating it as presented.

    I'd like to see a more fluid system for point distribution. This would enable players to create heroes or villains by spending points on range, AoE, duration, cost, strength, etc. If a player pumped points in to a power which had range, they would need to equally pump points in to it for strength because the further away the object the power would weaken, also with AoE, a power more disbursed would weaken so equal points would need to be spent in strength. The same would be with cost and duration, that the points spent in decreasing the cost would also decrease the duration so you'd need to spend points on duration to counter it.

    Over time this would allow players to really build a custom hero/villain. It would take a lot of time for character development. And I would get rid of levels. Levels are so ancient. It reminds me of D&D in my youth. There shouldn't be any levels. If a person puts the time in to their character development then let them become Gods and Demons as they want.

    Which brings me to another area of allowing players who do good deeds to be famous and have notoriety; and vs for Villains. A player who has a hero now could become tempted to do bad things and convert their hero in to a villain just by taking up evil plans to rob a bank. The more bad deeds the more they go to the other side eventually switching sides and thus be an outlaw in their old city. While it would be easy to go from good to bad, going from bad to good would be very difficult.

    I'd like to see more content. A more fluid game where players actions create content. Adding villains to the game would allow for content to be created as villains attack players, citizens and various buildings/sites such as banks, etc. These actions would setup wanted posters where people could go hunt down villains. Which brings me to the use of the prison and how every time a villain is captured they are put in the prison. Then villains would be able to take up the challenge of helping them escape.

    I'd like to see more content with allowing for more character depth and RPG. You could have prized possessions or family that lived in the city and villains which find your secret identity could have missions to capture your family and you'd have to go rescue them. Villains could setup a building much like Dungeon Keeper. They would build traps and have 'muscle' protecting what they stole.

    I'd like to see actual taking control of Villains or Heroes and going on missions. I really dislike the mission content where Defender looks like a wimp and does less damage than my characters and that Villains I fight and defeat are constantly coming back over and over again in the same repetitive missions.

    I'd like to see a full crafting system where nothing goes to waste. Instead of selling stuff you can dissemble every thing to make use of its materials. Of course some stuff would be too advanced so you'd have to go to a specialist or sell it.

    I'd like to see a more robust auction house. I can't help but think about the auction houses in WoW and how I would spend a lot of time buying and selling stuff. It was actually fun.

    I'd like to see the ability for setting up shops or services. Like a 'for hire' thing. You could lend out your character to others to use on missions. You could have a vendor of your own to sell and trade goods that you find. This would really make the economy get kicking.

    I'd like to see buildings which were destructible by Villains and zones which could be taken over by Villains. Zones would give players bonuses if they controlled it. The Villains would have a goal of reaching the inner city and if they did reach their goal they would get a bonus for X number of days - or - you could have a device with a limited number of charges which would give them special abilities.

    I would like to see a larger world. More world like. More zones. More places to travel. After my, I don't know, 12th level 40 hero I'm pretty much burned out over Canada and Desert scenery.

    I've got about a dozen more ideas, but I already know from experience that there isn't enough in the budget to push this game in to the stratosphere where it deserves to be; having been here since the alpha and through both betas I'm only happy now with the most recent improvements.

    (edit)
    I'd also like to see the character creator to have non-muscular characters. It would be interesting to have ones which had a beer belly or were over-weight. There are plenty of heroes which could transform from one form to another such as Shazam (but that was a kid). As a collector of comics you might know where I'm coming from on this.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I have to admit, this is a little bit of a push-poll. I just wanted to make sure the developers know "Yeah, still we want X feature, even if we stopped spamming the forums with it."

    IMHO, a foundry is kinda essential because it keeps the game fresh and interesting between updates. Otherwise the playerbase will be just people who don't like changes and complain every update. ;3 After that I'd have to say expanded build system, then follower mini-game, then new zone...

    They know we want the Foundry. They've known since they first announced it would be going into Star Trek Online with Champions Online following soon after. I doubt having new polls to remind them of something they know will do much to change the status quo.
    I'd like to see what was originally promised during the alpha and beta stages where powers had weaknesses and strengths against other powers. Such as water vs fire, etc. There will be a 'wheel' and depending on the powers to your left and right it would signify your strengths and weaknesses to a power. The closer to you, the more similar the power, the further away on the wheel the more different.

    Originally I was told that there would be weakness like Superman has Kryptonite but that is a little off. I think you could add in objects which were a weakness to a person. My original suggestion was that if a hero took a weakness then they would gain more for their strength. However the weakness would need to be a complete opposite but equal to your strength, thus negating it as presented.

    This was pulled because well... to be delicate about it players tended to end up creating scenarios where common enemies were too tough for them. While the idea had merit, there would be scenarios where enemies or groups of enemies would just be too tough for a player to handle, and refining such a system would have taken way longer than Cryptic had development time or resources for. They were already well behind their other promises, such as how many zones the game would have launched with.
    I'd like to see a more fluid system for point distribution. This would enable players to create heroes or villains by spending points on range, AoE, duration, cost, strength, etc. If a player pumped points in to a power which had range, they would need to equally pump points in to it for strength because the further away the object the power would weaken, also with AoE, a power more disbursed would weaken so equal points would need to be spent in strength. The same would be with cost and duration, that the points spent in decreasing the cost would also decrease the duration so you'd need to spend points on duration to counter it.

    Over time this would allow players to really build a custom hero/villain. It would take a lot of time for character development. And I would get rid of levels. Levels are so ancient. It reminds me of D&D in my youth. There shouldn't be any levels. If a person puts the time in to their character development then let them become Gods and Demons as they want.

    They originally had this, but because of an obnoxious crew of squeaky wheeled whiners from CoH they kept saying the iteration of that system was totally unfair and forced them to make choices they didn't want to make (ie they wanted their cake and eat it to). So many systems were better back in beta, but because Cryptic relented to players who constantly and boldly stated they would never buy or play champions post beta launch to begin with, well the system is as it is now.
    Which brings me to another area of allowing players who do good deeds to be famous and have notoriety; and vs for Villains.

    Champions is about heroes and vigilantes. And regardless of what people scream, evidence has pointed that villain side games do not garner the type of player base that the hero side does. For instance, City of Villains and the Villain faction in DCUO are woefully player deficient compared to the hero side. And thus you ended up with content where the villains just ended up being tag-a-longs to the heroes. And in order to truly make this worthy content, villain content would have to be able to be created spontaneously by players, which probably would mean forced PvP or something of that nature and in the long haul just wouldn't work well in the PvE dynamic of Champions.
    I'd like to see actual taking control of Villains or Heroes and going on missions. I really dislike the mission content where Defender looks like a wimp and does less damage than my characters and that Villains I fight and defeat are constantly coming back over and over again in the same repetitive missions.

    That's because your character is suppose to be stronger than Defender. Defender, in the PnP, is a template that players can use. All the big named heroes in this game are templates for fast characters for players to use in the game. Champions is meant to where you are the main hero, not some NPC.
    I'd like to see a full crafting system where nothing goes to waste. Instead of selling stuff you can dissemble every thing to make use of its materials. Of course some stuff would be too advanced so you'd have to go to a specialist or sell it.

    For that to work, items and gear would have to degrade or have a finite life span.
    I'd like to see the ability for setting up shops or services. Like a 'for hire' thing. You could lend out your character to others to use on missions. You could have a vendor of your own to sell and trade goods that you find. This would really make the economy get kicking.

    I don't see how this would get the economy "kicking" as the one thing that killed the economy in Champions was making costume drops unlock account wide. Removing useful items from a crafting economy didn't help either, but given than other than one or two specific items, the economy was DOA due to unshifting materials, costumes that unlocked account wide which pretty much tanked their value and underplaying devices like potions and such.
    I would like to see a larger world. More world like. More zones. More places to travel. After my, I don't know, 12th level 40 hero I'm pretty much burned out over Canada and Desert scenery.

    I'd love to have seen all the zones they planned for launch and would love the level cap expanded to 50.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,007 Arc User
    I've always wanted them to add Dependent NPCs to the game. Think Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane. I.e. people who would show up at crimes scenes and need to be protected or rescued (from a Nemesis villain).​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I am imagining a serious Lair pass, with revamped enemies based on current level of gear and powers, providing significant rewards. Adding a Lair queue would make it work.
    ___________________________________________________________

    Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User

    I really dislike the mission content where ...Villains I fight and defeat are constantly coming back over and over again in the same repetitive missions.

    Are you sure you're a comic collector? The number of times Batman has put the Joker into Arkham has become a running gag, as has the long-time feud between Reed Richards and Victor von Doom. The Flash, "the fastest man alive", has so many recurring villains they've formed their own club, the Rogues' Gallery!

    Putting a villain away only to have him pop back up and fight you again is a time-honored comics trope. Even the use of lethal force is no guarantee - as I've found myself saying so often, the only people in comics who are really dead are Uncle Ben and Jor-El. Everyone else is up for grabs.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    A new zone with new missions and a new lair would be neat...perhaps a new place to lvl say... 1-10 or so...

  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    redo all the old missions,
    fix the rewards on them.
    Foundry- meh, Going on some of the people playing, I can see a large collection of farms.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I voted for Foundry. But I'd also like to say that it would be great to have new reasons to play **existing** content.

    Rather than yet another zone that no one will go to, it would be good to have relevant and current rewards for doing missions in the already gorgeous Vibora Bay for example. Or have reasons to go to Lemuria.

    Or to take a look at the rewards and difficulty of the Cosmics which should be epicly hard given their respawn timers. I honestly think that what we are lacking is not content, but reasons to play it and replay it. There are tons of missions in Lemuria, VB, Monster Island...with great stories backing them up....but there is just no reason to do it all with the alerts being in your face all the time.

    On a similar note, it would be great to bring in the pvp rewards that were promised to us a while back which never did get replaced.

    We already have a bunch of great content that people don't play. Let's figure out how to get them (us) to play it.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    new zones would be the main thing, new power sets as well. I don't know, foundry just seems boring to me. i remember when the mission architect came out, and the fact that you were stuck using existing art assets made it a deckchair shuffler for terrible fan-fiction and a small number of good ones. i'd prefer professionally made stuff with new art that moves the lore forward.
  • digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    jonsills said:

    I really dislike the mission content where ...Villains I fight and defeat are constantly coming back over and over again in the same repetitive missions.

    Are you sure you're a comic collector? The number of times Batman has put the Joker into Arkham has become a running gag, as has the long-time feud between Reed Richards and Victor von Doom. The Flash, "the fastest man alive", has so many recurring villains they've formed their own club, the Rogues' Gallery!

    Putting a villain away only to have him pop back up and fight you again is a time-honored comics trope. Even the use of lethal force is no guarantee - as I've found myself saying so often, the only people in comics who are really dead are Uncle Ben and Jor-El. Everyone else is up for grabs.
    I am a comic collector and yes I know that, but it is always how he escapes or who breaks him out then Batman has to do detective work, etc. I don't expect the same detailed story line as comics, but hey that would be amazing wouldn't it?

    That is why I thought it would be cool if you actually put them in the prison. Then they would get released or break out. Then you'd actually have to hunt them down.

    You must admit, that the Nemesis part of this game, while well intended, sucks.
  • digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    I'd like to see better transfer of items between bags and the bank. I'd like to see an ability to expand your shared bank account.

    I remember in WoW I could transfer items from A-Z in a heartbeat but in here I'm left to dragging stuff because nothing will quick-click in to any other bag but my primary bag. Bags 2-5 all have to have items dragged in to or from.

    I'd also like to drag one item but my shift key is always closing the bank
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Foundry/Mission Editor - Voted for this... having a foundery would make the game infinitely more enjoyable as we can play player designed misisons and create our own unique story lines for our heroes and their villians....

    New Zone (Missions, Crisis & Lair) - Would love to see more zones... but first we need to get more players back into the game to populate those zones...

    Expanded Build System (Allow Leveling Multiple Powersets/Specilization Trees) - I'm an advocatee for multiple spec trees... but muliple powersets is a bit much... however I could see merrit to allowing multiple passives in such a system...

    New Adventure Pack - yes please... and new comic series

    Massive Play-as-a-Villain Expansion - I know plenty of people who would join and play if this were added...

    Companions/Duty Officer/Follower Style Mini-Game - depends on just how it's implemented... I've got a few heroes who have sidekicks/partners who I currently play as alts... would love to be able to add them as a sidekick in someform to my other heros they are partnered with...

    Super Group Hideouts (Guild halls) - can we get completed hideouts first?

    Expand Alerts to a Lobby-Style PUG Queuing for Adventure packs, Open Misions And Lairs - I'd like to see a few PUG options in such a menu... "Quick Search" the current alerts pug style where it picks the first 4 available players to party you with... "Balanced Search" requires you to select a role type in the menu and attempts to create a complete party (may pull players from "Quick Search" to fill DPS role if nessiary)...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 941 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Sometimes I end with 3 healers a hybrid and me as tank in alerts ;w;
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

    This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    naciiito wrote: »
    Sometimes I end with 3 healers a hybrid and me as tank in alerts ;w;

    I was in an alert once with 4 supports and a hybrid... it was pretty fun (I was one of the supports)​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Community Moderator
    raighn said:



    naciiito wrote: »

    Sometimes I end with 3 healers a hybrid and me as tank in alerts ;w;


    I was in an alert once with 4 supports and a hybrid... it was pretty fun (I was one of the supports)​​

    That's why my healer has a Become Lemurian Power Armor, in case of redundancy. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Huh, it kinda turned out the way I thought it would--most people want a mission editor--but I honestly thought A "City of Villains" type expansion would have been higher on the list. I also kinda hoping for a surprise and maybe see that there was a demand for something other than "foundry" (1st place) and "more content" (2nd place).​​
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 197 Arc User
    I would love the Foundry/Mission Editor, to make my own stories.... As long as it not hard to make like in Neverwinter, make it easy and fun like CoH ;)
    Also would like new zones, or at least missions.... but don't really need that if we get a mission editor.
    Also Adventure Packs would be nice, but agina don't need it if we get the first thing. XD Still want them though!
    And now for the Massive Play-as-a-Villain Expansion thing.... They would be fun, as long as I get to be evil. >:)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User

    Huh, it kinda turned out the way I thought it would--most people want a mission editor--but I honestly thought A "City of Villains" type expansion would have been higher on the list.​​

    A "City of Villains" type expansion wasn't that popular in CoV, as I understand it.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

    Huh, it kinda turned out the way I thought it would--most people want a mission editor--but I honestly thought A "City of Villains" type expansion would have been higher on the list. I also kinda hoping for a surprise and maybe see that there was a demand for something other than "foundry" (1st place) and "more content" (2nd place).​​

    A city of villains type expansion wouldn't be all that successful based on past games where the evil faction was dwarfed 2:1 or sometimes even 3-4:1 by the heroic side.
  • Always wanted them to actually do something for PvP, fixing disconnect bugs for example or even adding Villain faction...
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,444 Arc User
    I would have really liked to have seen the neighborhood mini zones and Bird Island comic series that they hinted at doing all those years ago, but if anything it has to be Foundry straight up.

    And it really ought to be unique from the other two Cryptic games because there's a lot more going on in this game that deserves the fine tune customization. Let players make the deep content.

    But for something like that its going to need some SERIOUS player and developer interaction because what I saw in NWO's Foundry is so not user friendly.​​
  • id say let free form powers be free but make power stunts for members.if any of you have played the old marvel rpg board game or seen its website you probly know about power stunts. for example say somebody can control fire and the weather, this player could combine lightning and fire to create burning lightning. id say members could have the ability to make 2 power stunts, the power stunts would gain the effects of both powers without increasing the cooldown. this would give more customization for free players by making everyone free form and give more customization to paying players.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

    I'd like to see better transfer of items between bags and the bank. I'd like to see an ability to expand your shared bank account.

    I remember in WoW I could transfer items from A-Z in a heartbeat but in here I'm left to dragging stuff because nothing will quick-click in to any other bag but my primary bag. Bags 2-5 all have to have items dragged in to or from.

    I'd also like to drag one item but my shift key is always closing the bank

    To expand your shared bank, go to the zen store> service> shared bank slots.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • doktormarengodoktormarengo Posts: 52 Arc User
    I am imagining a serious Lair pass, with revamped enemies based on current level of gear and powers, providing significant rewards. Adding a Lair queue would make it work.

    I think this is a brilliant idea. The game has lots of lairs, that no one plays. A good pass over them might encourage more people to actually run them. Like there's that really good PSI/Argent one in M.C.

    No one ever does it... and the story is actually interesting.​​
    This is RiverOcean's 2nd Account. Can't combine my STO and CO accounts for some weird reason.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    A city of villains type expansion wouldn't be all that successful based on past games where the evil faction was dwarfed 2:1 or sometimes even 3-4:1 by the heroic side.

    It seemed like for a while a lot of people were asking for it, but maybe that was just a vocal few.​​
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

    It seemed like for a while a lot of people were asking for it, but maybe that was just a vocal few.​​

    I think it's more along the lines of most of the people who were asking gave up and/or left when it became apparent that our requests and suggestions were falling on deaf ears...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    No, Stellario was right, it was just a vocal few. Look up the history of CoV - it sounded like people were clamoring for that, too, but it was, ah, less than successful.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    the actual requests weren't for a villain side, they were usually phrased. Why can't I play a villain? not. why isn't there a villain side?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    jonsills said:

    No, Stellario was right, it was just a vocal few. Look up the history of CoV - it sounded like people were clamoring for that, too, but it was, ah, less than successful.

    Hell just look at current DCUO.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, Stellario was right, it was just a vocal few. Look up the history of CoV - it sounded like people were clamoring for that, too, but it was, ah, less than successful.

    I don't see how that in any way quantifies what I said as incorrect. While I don't agree with your assessment that there were very few people requesting it, I'm also not outright dismissing it either... My point is that many of the people who were requesting it left or gave up which has lead to the impression that there may have been far fewer people asking for it than there actually were... were they ever a majority? doubtful, but there were still a significant amount of them... Personally I fall in the category of "I'll make one if it's an option, but probably only one"... despite being in that category though I'm more than willing to support the concept. I honestly see no point in saying "no, shouldn't happen because I won't use it" like so many on these forums do (and before you say they don't, take a look around the suggestions forum, you'll see it's been a fairly common trend for several years)​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

    A villain expansion would be neat, there would be no need for Super-Heroes without villains. Villains and heroes go hand in hand. I see no issue with us playing as one.

    A centaur one?

    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm happier being in CO how it is and with the number of players we have than going to crappy DCUO...thanks for the propaganda though.

    You should also look up the definition of 'quip'.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Community Moderator
    It's a lot more believable that DCUO is far ahead of Champions regarding players because DC is one of the two major publishers of Superhero comics the world over. Saying that it has anything to do with a villain side is less believable. Much less.
    biffsig.jpg
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    a1fighter wrote: »
    Regardless, CO < DCUO in terms of population. DCUO has frequent episodes and updates, while we get a lockbox or two.

    it cannot be refuted, DCUO owns CO in playerbase, being a hero and villain MMO, that is all I am saying. If villain people were a small minority, then they would flock to CO, but that is not the case, they play DCUO.

    Look, a few of you have been on my case ever since the four-leg thread, I am not looking for a fight, but will bring the heat, in the form of facts. I mean..its your move...I have nothing against you or Biff and Mighty, would rather discuss the topic at hand, but hey..lol...

    DCUO is only doing better because it's console is holding it up. Even trying to deny that fact is silly since they even display it on their site that the console versions of DCUO is what has it going. Add in the brand recognition that DC (Detective Comics) and of course Batman, Superman and all the other characters involved in the mythos of that universe that universe and you have a chemical bath of interest, no matter how fleeting.

    While the steamcharts can paint a picture either case it's not a good picture as far as the PC is concerned. Most PC players don't care for DCUO on the simple fact it has limited customization, the chat interface is crap, and the game play and bugs turned features are deplorable. Console players might enjoy the game, but that stems from the fact they don't have any alternatives, at least as far as MMOs.

    Champions as the IP exists has been around for 30 years, but I doubt you would hear many who actually know of it in the comic world that game, and probably only slightly more in the actual gaming world.

    They might have frequent updates but it is actually those updates that creates one of the largest gaffs for new, would be players to DCUO. They have no way to catch up without dropping a metric f--- ton of cash on the game, and to be caught up (which it really doesn't take much to level in DCUO) is preposterous. So DCUO is at an empass point, much like WoW is reaching that point (hence WoW has stopped showing their sub numbers publicly because they are still going down). The cost of entry for new players has reached a terminal point that it is just not acceptable to try and start the game fresh. Same thing happened with Everquest 1.

    I have yet to see, in this age, MMOs offer all the previous expansions with the new expansions anymore. Hell the last game that did that was UO, and even they started dabbling into the slippery slope of making people pay for past expansions to get the whole experience, even though those past expansions were not even the focus of the main game.

    It's just not viable for avast majority of people that want to casually play. Add in the fact that expansions for games are going for nearly the same price as the game was at launch ($50 bucks now, which is only a $10 difference from the sale price of the game for less content than the main game gave) and they expect you to buy every update from the beginning to reach the viability point, because in order to reach that point you have to do the previous content to reach the gear threshold or do the content to level up. Yea, it's a wonder MMOs are sliding back into niche at this point.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    a1fighter wrote: »
    A villain expansion would be neat, there would be no need for Super-Heroes without villains. Villains and heroes go hand in hand. I see no issue with us playing as one.

    A centaur one?
    1. go and read some of the lore books for Champions-
    http://www.herogames.com

    take careful note of the few villains and how they keep well out of the way, so they are not easily spotted. Locally, in the US they have PRIMUS after them, UNTIL is the international group. Plus police, armies, governments, etc.

    villains will need separate alerts. They won't be fighting with heroes or fighting against villains. so separate queues for everything.
    Nemesis system will need to be remade to have heroic nemesis.hmm Good ol boy, egotist and wannabee, maybe
    comic and adventure packs will need to be remade for villains.
    separate trainers- PRIMUS will not train criminals.
    what tutorial will they use?
    where are they going to start?
    where are they going to level? Taking into account they are hostiles, so they can be attacked by anyone on the other side.
    who will train them? If they are that public about their powers and criminal behaviour.


    DCUO has a big brand name, a large company funding a large dev team, a large advertising campaign.
    CO has....yes well
    If DCUO was being run with CO's budget, it would have closed. NO advertising, no expansions.

    BTW i had half heroes and half villains in DCUO. Not different missions just Hero attacks group B while helping C. Villain attacks group C while helping group B.
    whoopee

    ​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • orlokk88orlokk88 Posts: 10 Arc User
    With the Foundry, we could basically have villain missions
Sign In or Register to comment.