test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tinting your powers green makes ice grandes pink?

tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
So I was tinting my powers and my new ice grandes device seems to not wana follow my color pattern, they turn pink when tinted green/yellow, blue when tinted red/pink, and Green when tinted purple/blue What is going on here?

Comments

• Options
    Took a screen record of the issues uploading the video to youtube.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Ice grenades aren't the only powers affected by this, the colors for Eldritch bolts don't work either.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Eldritch bolts work fine. The tint affects the center of the blast where they hit, and I think the actual emanation point.
    Otherwise, eldritch bolts have a multicolored appearance that is related to the tint.

Likewise, shadow powers are black, plus some tint. You can't make bright green shadow bolts, for instance.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    When I select purple for the Eldritch Bolts color I get light blue, if anything it looks like it is stripping out parts of a color. (In this case it is removing the red from the purple) I'm not sure that is what I call working fine.
  • Options
  • Options
    draogn said:

When I select purple for the Eldritch Bolts color I get light blue, if anything it looks like it is stripping out parts of a color. (In this case it is removing the red from the purple) I'm not sure that is what I call working fine.

what version of purple are you using? some of them near the blue scale look indigo
  • Options
    tfavsb10 said:

draogn said:

what version of purple are you using? some of them near the blue scale look indigo

The darkest of the purples, third column in and third row up from the bottom. Though I've tried the other purples in that row, they all show as a light blue.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Some powers have base colors that are not tinted, or color effects that are modified by your choice of tint, not replaced by the tint. Eldritch bolts (and most sorcery powers) work this way. They are always multicolored, and the tint is the center color splash at your emanation point and the center color splash when it hits the target. The rest of the bolt is a changing color set, related to, but not the same as, the chosen tint.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    Some powers have textured effects with perma colors painted on them. Tinting is affecting only transparent parts of their rexture. If there are any.​​