test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UTC Cage Match Video - 7/30/15

purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
edited August 2015 in The Hero Games
Here's a video of a match of UTC recorded today. The video was uploaded with no editing, so you'll just be hearing the songs playing in my playlist at the time. Sorry for my poor taste in music.

Anyway, enjoy:

Edit: Update with another match of UTC recorded roughly 24 hours later.

I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
Post edited by purin1 on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gradii said:

I'll be checking out unrestricted pvp again once the cooldown nerf goes live, I'm interested to see if it will improve pvp balance as much as the pvp experts are claiming, if it does this might get me into Freeform pvp again instead of only AT arenas with my Glacier and Blade.

No PvP experts are claiming this will have some huge effect on pvp. PvP experts know we have a long way to go. This might just open up some windows to kill people ( or at the very least, watch them run away )
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

gradii said:

I'll be checking out unrestricted pvp again once the cooldown nerf goes live, I'm interested to see if it will improve pvp balance as much as the pvp experts are claiming, if it does this might get me into Freeform pvp again instead of only AT arenas with my Glacier and Blade.

No PvP experts are claiming this will have some huge effect on pvp. PvP experts know we have a long way to go. This might just open up some windows to kill people ( or at the very least, watch them run away )
    Yeah pretty much there is now a 10-30 second gap depending on how someone is rotating but the problem is that AD's aren't the only thing to rotate, it's just the most basic of rotations. You then have to take into account massive healing and being able to move super fast about the place so everything is forced to be bursty still. Unbreakable is still totally stupid against small attacks and FG's CD was hardly increased at all so is still stupidly spammed 24/7 by everyone as it's hands down the best knock. It just leaves a bunch of super tanks spamming FG for no reason. :)
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Yeah pretty much there is now a 10-30 second gap depending on how someone is rotating but the problem is that AD's aren't the only thing to rotate, it's just the most basic of rotations. You then have to take into account massive healing and being able to move super fast about the place so everything is forced to be bursty still. Unbreakable is still totally stupid against small attacks and FG's CD was hardly increased at all so is still stupidly spammed 24/7 by everyone as it's hands down the best knock. It just leaves a bunch of super tanks spamming FG for no reason. :)

I don't remember a time when pvp was not bursty. The closest I can come to is during the ego storm stun lock days. But those and the WTK spam days were easily the least fun I've had in pvp.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kamokami said:

I don't remember a time when pvp was not bursty. The closest I can come to is during the ego storm stun lock days. But those and the WTK spam days were easily the least fun I've had in pvp.

Pretty much pvp in any Tab-MMO game is bursty when burst healing is present. In my time playing arena in world of worfcraft, the entire match was decided by burst damage. My prot warrior became a pvp god when a certain patch suddenly gave my Shield Slam the ability to one-shot anyone not wearing plate. BOOM! HEADSHOT! \( O3O )/
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    spinnytop said:

Pretty much pvp in any Tab-MMO game is bursty when burst healing is present.

This is a point that is worth emphasizing. Healing and defense in CO can be so strong that they necessitate the use of either Ebon Ruin or an even greater amount of burst damage.

It would be great to have more options for both healing debuffs as well as defense penetration to make less bursty options viable.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Making PvP non-bursty would require the ability to deliver injury that is relevant for more than 10-20s. If someone can break combat and heal to full before you can successfully re-engage, that means you have no choice but to drop someone fast enough that they can't break combat. In general, CO PCs have relatively small health and energy reserves, both of which recover very quickly; change it to much larger reserves that recover a lot slower and you can get non-bursty fights, but that's a quite substantial rewrite and rethink of the game.
  • strazabornstrazaborn Posts: 20 Arc User
    kamokami said:

But I liked old Ego Storm u_u
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    Bring back old DW as an option!!!! :)